What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw you were playing Borderlands 3 yesterday. What's your favourite Borderlands game, assuming you've played others? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw you were playing Borderlands 3 yesterday. What's your favourite Borderlands game, assuming you've played others? Smile
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I've played all of them outside of Tales From the Borderlands, because TellTale Games were never really something I was interested in. My fave, though, is Borderlands 2, and that's purely because Gaige breaks the game like a twig, and it's hilarious. Anarchy Gaige is best Gaige, and you cannot convince me otherwise.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I've played all of them outside of Tales From the Borderlands, because TellTale Games were never really something I was interested in. My fave, though, is Borderlands 2, and that's purely because Gaige breaks the game like a twig, and it's hilarious. Anarchy Gaige is best Gaige, and you cannot convince me otherwise.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I see that Gaige is a class/character. How does she break the game exactly? XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I see that Gaige is a class/character. How does she break the game exactly? XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, it relies on two skills: Anarchy and Close Enough. Every time you empty your magazine from full (and hitting an enemy) or kill an enemy, you gain a stack of Anarchy. 1 Anarchy Stack increases your damage by 1.75%, but DECREASES your accuracy by the same about. This spirals out of control, and soon your gun is firing at absolutely wild angles. This is where Close Enough comes in. At max level, Close Enough has a 50% chance of bouncing a round off a wall (and homing in on a nearby enemy) for the low price of 50% of your damage. But even at low levels, you have 150 stacks of Anarchy maximum (if you max out Preshrunk Cyberpunk, that max is 400!), so doing the math means that 50% of a f***ton is still a f***ton! So long as you don't die (you lose stacks if you go into Fight For Your Life, and lose them ALL if you respawn) or hit the reload button before you picked up Discord (premature reloading means you throw away ALL of your stacks), the only thing more adept at killing things than you is a maxed out Deathtrap, which if your Action Skill. She's so broken that she is one of the few builds that can solo Terramorphus, a raid boss explicitly designed to be fought with 4 players.

If you plan on picking up the game (highly recommended; easily the best in the entire series, even without Gaige), do note she is a DLC character. When you pick her up, and you inevitably try Anarchy Gaige, the recommendation for weapons is high fire rate, high reload speed, and low magazine size. You want to reload as much as possible, generate Anarchy stacks quickly. Tediore SMGs, Jakobs shotguns, and Vladof anythings are generally the way to go as far as guns go. Beyond that, you'll also want to put points into the Best Friends Forever tree (Anarchy is in Ordered Chaos), because that's how you make Deathtrap into an unstoppable killing machine, and him killing anything pulls you out of Fight For Your Life, making you unkillable as well. Plus, that's the tree Close Enough is in, so you might as well dump some skill points there, too.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, it relies on two skills: Anarchy and Close Enough. Every time you empty your magazine from full (and hitting an enemy) or kill an enemy, you gain a stack of Anarchy. 1 Anarchy Stack increases your damage by 1.75%, but DECREASES your accuracy by the same about. This spirals out of control, and soon your gun is firing at absolutely wild angles. This is where Close Enough comes in. At max level, Close Enough has a 50% chance of bouncing a round off a wall (and homing in on a nearby enemy) for the low price of 50% of your damage. But even at low levels, you have 150 stacks of Anarchy maximum (if you max out Preshrunk Cyberpunk, that max is 400!), so doing the math means that 50% of a f***ton is still a f***ton! So long as you don't die (you lose stacks if you go into Fight For Your Life, and lose them ALL if you respawn) or hit the reload button before you picked up Discord (premature reloading means you throw away ALL of your stacks), the only thing more adept at killing things than you is a maxed out Deathtrap, which if your Action Skill. She's so broken that she is one of the few builds that can solo Terramorphus, a raid boss explicitly designed to be fought with 4 players.

If you plan on picking up the game (highly recommended; easily the best in the entire series, even without Gaige), do note she is a DLC character. When you pick her up, and you inevitably try Anarchy Gaige, the recommendation for weapons is high fire rate, high reload speed, and low magazine size. You want to reload as much as possible, generate Anarchy stacks quickly. Tediore SMGs, Jakobs shotguns, and Vladof anythings are generally the way to go as far as guns go. Beyond that, you'll also want to put points into the Best Friends Forever tree (Anarchy is in Ordered Chaos), because that's how you make Deathtrap into an unstoppable killing machine, and him killing anything pulls you out of Fight For Your Life, making you unkillable as well. Plus, that's the tree Close Enough is in, so you might as well dump some skill points there, too.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy birfday Cricket! I hope you get a lot of nice things and have an awesome day! Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy birfday Cricket! I hope you get a lot of nice things and have an awesome day! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Happy Birthday! One more year of being in the 20's club. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Happy Birthday! One more year of being in the 20's club. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Happiest birthday to you, my friend! 29 lookin' good on ya. Hope you had a good day and wishing many more in the future Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Happiest birthday to you, my friend! 29 lookin' good on ya. Hope you had a good day and wishing many more in the future Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Crud, why didn't I check my phone calendar?!

Happy Belated Birthday, Maniak! Hope it was a good one. Keep forgetting you're one year closer to myself and Moony when your actual birthday hits so I'm usually surprised to see the number. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Crud, why didn't I check my phone calendar?!

Happy Belated Birthday, Maniak! Hope it was a good one. Keep forgetting you're one year closer to myself and Moony when your actual birthday hits so I'm usually surprised to see the number. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Thanks for the birfday wishes, guys. I didn't get too much, tbh, but I did get a neat thing from Mom and Dad. Why is it neat? Because it's illegal! Yes, they got me an emulation box with a bunch of ROMs built in, and I don't really have the heart to tell them that. ^.=.^;
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Thanks for the birfday wishes, guys. I didn't get too much, tbh, but I did get a neat thing from Mom and Dad. Why is it neat? Because it's illegal! Yes, they got me an emulation box with a bunch of ROMs built in, and I don't really have the heart to tell them that. ^.=.^;
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh wow, was that something you asked for then or they knew you wanted something like that, but like you said at the same time no idea of the legality? XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh wow, was that something you asked for then or they knew you wanted something like that, but like you said at the same time no idea of the legality? XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, no, I did NOT ask for this. They just thought it was shiny and good. And it is; it actually runs PSX games at a decent frame rate, though there aren't enough triggers for it, so I don't know why they're there...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, no, I did NOT ask for this. They just thought it was shiny and good. And it is; it actually runs PSX games at a decent frame rate, though there aren't enough triggers for it, so I don't know why they're there...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did it come with any ROM's you have interest in?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did it come with any ROM's you have interest in?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
YUP! Just with my quick look through, it has Digimon Anode/Cathode Tamer Veedramon Edition on Wonderswan, which was a Hong Kong only release and basically the only Wonderswan game entirely in English! It seems to run FFIX alright, and its actually got QUAKE built into the damn thing! Like, the PC game Quake! Sadly, it doesn't have fan translations built in, but that's okay; all the games are on a removable SD card, meaning I could potentially add more.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
YUP! Just with my quick look through, it has Digimon Anode/Cathode Tamer Veedramon Edition on Wonderswan, which was a Hong Kong only release and basically the only Wonderswan game entirely in English! It seems to run FFIX alright, and its actually got QUAKE built into the damn thing! Like, the PC game Quake! Sadly, it doesn't have fan translations built in, but that's okay; all the games are on a removable SD card, meaning I could potentially add more.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Where'd they even find that? On Amazon? Just wondering where they went looking for something that would be illegal to sell. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Where'd they even find that? On Amazon? Just wondering where they went looking for something that would be illegal to sell. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Probably Amazon; as long as it makes them money, Amazon don't care if your product is breaking copyright law. It's a chinese bootleg system, after all. In fact, here is the exact item they got me on sale at $54 plus free Prime Shipping!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Probably Amazon; as long as it makes them money, Amazon don't care if your product is breaking copyright law. It's a chinese bootleg system, after all. In fact, here is the exact item they got me on sale at $54 plus free Prime Shipping!