Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jun 4th, 2022, 12:09 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 3rd, 2022, 09:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Over time, my leanings have gone more towards Rock instead of R&B, Pop, and/or Rap, but I do still like listening to songs of those genres when I find them. I listen to pretty much anything that isn't modern Country (Johnny Cash is still cool, after all), so that ranges from Bubblegum Pop [Barbie Girl] to Death Metal [What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse], and everything in between that. My Spotify Playlist is a trip and a half, man!
Man you sound like my brother. He'll listen to just about anything including stuff from like the 1930's and such. XD

*Turns slowly to Robert Johnson, then back to Moony* I don't see the comparison, myself.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jun 4th, 2022, 12:09 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jun 3rd, 2022, 09:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Over time, my leanings have gone more towards Rock instead of R&B, Pop, and/or Rap, but I do still like listening to songs of those genres when I find them. I listen to pretty much anything that isn't modern Country (Johnny Cash is still cool, after all), so that ranges from Bubblegum Pop [Barbie Girl] to Death Metal [What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse], and everything in between that. My Spotify Playlist is a trip and a half, man!
Man you sound like my brother. He'll listen to just about anything including stuff from like the 1930's and such. XD

*Turns slowly to Robert Johnson, then back to Moony* I don't see the comparison, myself.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Tongue

So I just discovered there's a website called Heardle, which functions like Wordle but with music instead. Have you heard of it before or think you'd try your hand at it?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Tongue

So I just discovered there's a website called Heardle, which functions like Wordle but with music instead. Have you heard of it before or think you'd try your hand at it?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I had not, and I actually would not play it. The problem is, outside of my selection of songs, I am absolutely TERRIBLE at identifying music, especially popular music that actually, you know, saw chart success or people would know. Like, for example, I would not be able to guess a single artist that's in the Billboard top 10 right now, outside of a lucky fluke guess ("Is Ed Sheeran still popular?") Give me songs on my list, however, and I'll be like "Oh, it's this!"
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I had not, and I actually would not play it. The problem is, outside of my selection of songs, I am absolutely TERRIBLE at identifying music, especially popular music that actually, you know, saw chart success or people would know. Like, for example, I would not be able to guess a single artist that's in the Billboard top 10 right now, outside of a lucky fluke guess ("Is Ed Sheeran still popular?") Give me songs on my list, however, and I'll be like "Oh, it's this!"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem to limit what songs it picks from. I know some people have made alternate versions of it which might have something you'd want to try your hand at though: https://nerdschalk.com/heardle-variation...-can-play/

There is also a Sonic Heardle which isn't listed, and a Shinee one too so that list isn't exhaustive but it was the best I found for now.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem to limit what songs it picks from. I know some people have made alternate versions of it which might have something you'd want to try your hand at though: https://nerdschalk.com/heardle-variation...-can-play/

There is also a Sonic Heardle which isn't listed, and a Shinee one too so that list isn't exhaustive but it was the best I found for now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you planning on getting Digimon Survive @Maniakkid25? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you planning on getting Digimon Survive @Maniakkid25? Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh I can answer this for him he ordered it, but he didn't get it on release so becauseeeee I don't think he going to reply to this right away....

What do you think about Digimon Survive? Will it be getting it own video?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh I can answer this for him he ordered it, but he didn't get it on release so becauseeeee I don't think he going to reply to this right away....

What do you think about Digimon Survive? Will it be getting it own video?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
To answer the questions in order: Yes, I will be getting it. My pre-order fell through, so I had to make a deal with the devil to get it, but it should be here soon. I have no opinions on it, yet. I will probably not be doing a video on it any time soon (still need to get off my ass and do the DAO video...)
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
To answer the questions in order: Yes, I will be getting it. My pre-order fell through, so I had to make a deal with the devil to get it, but it should be here soon. I have no opinions on it, yet. I will probably not be doing a video on it any time soon (still need to get off my ass and do the DAO video...)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That sucks about your pre-order @Maniakkid25. How'd it fall through though? I wouldn't expect a store to have issues getting regular edition copies of the game. Unsure

Also I noticed you playing it on Steam so I'm curious, what do you like better: Rocksmith or Guitar Hero?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That sucks about your pre-order @Maniakkid25. How'd it fall through though? I wouldn't expect a store to have issues getting regular edition copies of the game. Unsure

Also I noticed you playing it on Steam so I'm curious, what do you like better: Rocksmith or Guitar Hero?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Rock Band *is shot*

No, but seriously, the comparison isn't fair. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are rhythm games designed to be simplified versions of their instruments in order to facilitate a fun game, much like DDR. Rocksmith, however, is a simulator designed to teach you how to actually PLAY a guitar (or bass). How effective it is at that is debatable, but that's what it is meant to do.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Rock Band *is shot*

No, but seriously, the comparison isn't fair. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are rhythm games designed to be simplified versions of their instruments in order to facilitate a fun game, much like DDR. Rocksmith, however, is a simulator designed to teach you how to actually PLAY a guitar (or bass). How effective it is at that is debatable, but that's what it is meant to do.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 5th, 2022, 12:59 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No, but seriously, the comparison isn't fair. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are rhythm games designed to be simplified versions of their instruments in order to facilitate a fun game, much like DDR. Rocksmith, however, is a simulator designed to teach you how to actually PLAY a guitar (or bass).  How effective it is at that is debatable, but that's what it is meant to do.
True, but you could still prefer the simpler approach overall compared to the simulation one, or vice versa.

For the sake of a like to like comparison then, although I get the feeling you already indirectly answered it, Rock Band or Guitar Hero?
Also, do you think there's a place for that type of game to make a comeback or do you think the genre still needs a timeout?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 5th, 2022, 12:59 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No, but seriously, the comparison isn't fair. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are rhythm games designed to be simplified versions of their instruments in order to facilitate a fun game, much like DDR. Rocksmith, however, is a simulator designed to teach you how to actually PLAY a guitar (or bass).  How effective it is at that is debatable, but that's what it is meant to do.
True, but you could still prefer the simpler approach overall compared to the simulation one, or vice versa.

For the sake of a like to like comparison then, although I get the feeling you already indirectly answered it, Rock Band or Guitar Hero?
Also, do you think there's a place for that type of game to make a comeback or do you think the genre still needs a timeout?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, answering this because I missed it: Amazon ran out of physical copies to ship, so I had to make a deal with the devil to get it (I.E. buy it off Gamestop). They still recognized my pre-order, though, so I got the pre-order code to get mah Guilmon.

I prefer Rock Band because it's often more accurate to the real life tracks, and it actually extracts the various parts from the track (so each instrument is isolated). That said, they are not above outright making up parts of the song outright to make the chart more interesting (September, I'm looking right at you!). But Guitar Hero, and by extension, Clone Hero is FAR more playable mainly because they have hammer-on/pull-off sections that you don't have to strum in order to get back into hitting the section (so, normally, if you missed a note, you'd have to strum the next note in order to continue the Hammer-on/Pull-off chain).

No. The Guitar Hero boom of the 00's is probably not going to ever be replicated, mainly because rhythm games are just not the type of game you can hitch a horse to. And especially with the DLC drive of games today, it makes far more sense to just put out one new game a generation, and then keep leeching revenue off the DLC you make.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, answering this because I missed it: Amazon ran out of physical copies to ship, so I had to make a deal with the devil to get it (I.E. buy it off Gamestop). They still recognized my pre-order, though, so I got the pre-order code to get mah Guilmon.

I prefer Rock Band because it's often more accurate to the real life tracks, and it actually extracts the various parts from the track (so each instrument is isolated). That said, they are not above outright making up parts of the song outright to make the chart more interesting (September, I'm looking right at you!). But Guitar Hero, and by extension, Clone Hero is FAR more playable mainly because they have hammer-on/pull-off sections that you don't have to strum in order to get back into hitting the section (so, normally, if you missed a note, you'd have to strum the next note in order to continue the Hammer-on/Pull-off chain).

No. The Guitar Hero boom of the 00's is probably not going to ever be replicated, mainly because rhythm games are just not the type of game you can hitch a horse to. And especially with the DLC drive of games today, it makes far more sense to just put out one new game a generation, and then keep leeching revenue off the DLC you make.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't think Amazon of all places would actually be able to run out of stock on game pre-orders. TIL. Gasp

(Aug 10th, 2022, 04:42 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Wouldn't sports games already do this instead of just pushing out yearly releases that tend to mostly be updating the character rosters if that was the case though? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't think Amazon of all places would actually be able to run out of stock on game pre-orders. TIL. Gasp

(Aug 10th, 2022, 04:42 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Wouldn't sports games already do this instead of just pushing out yearly releases that tend to mostly be updating the character rosters if that was the case though? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yes, which is why yearly sports games are a rip-off, stop buying them!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 11th, 2022, 06:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
This was what killed off the GH style genre right, because Activision kept pumping out so many they saturated their own market?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 11th, 2022, 06:36 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
This was what killed off the GH style genre right, because Activision kept pumping out so many they saturated their own market?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yup, and Harmonix tried to keep up with them until the bottom fell out. It's a very very stupid thing, and yet for some reason, people don't seem to understand that annual sports games do the exact same thing and get away with it. It's stupid!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yup, and Harmonix tried to keep up with them until the bottom fell out. It's a very very stupid thing, and yet for some reason, people don't seem to understand that annual sports games do the exact same thing and get away with it. It's stupid!