Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Don't get how UK price for Digital is randomly £10 on top of the 100 price difference between the two (449/359 and not 449/349). Eh, whatever.

I suppose will be interesting how each version of the console sells when the time comes. Wonder if they'll make more of one, it'll probably be Digital that'll be more?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Don't get how UK price for Digital is randomly £10 on top of the 100 price difference between the two (449/359 and not 449/349). Eh, whatever.

I suppose will be interesting how each version of the console sells when the time comes. Wonder if they'll make more of one, it'll probably be Digital that'll be more?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,647
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think maybe digital is higher because I don't think it will sell as much as the physical since internet isn't exactly great enough across a lot of the UK for downloading games to be quick and easy. Like if someone buys the digital system in our home town then either they secretly have good internet or want to suffer with stupid download times. So maybe setting the digital higher is a way to try and get more out of the system that will probably sell notably less units because of the environment it's being sold in.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,647 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think maybe digital is higher because I don't think it will sell as much as the physical since internet isn't exactly great enough across a lot of the UK for downloading games to be quick and easy. Like if someone buys the digital system in our home town then either they secretly have good internet or want to suffer with stupid download times. So maybe setting the digital higher is a way to try and get more out of the system that will probably sell notably less units because of the environment it's being sold in.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
$499 is what I was expecting, so I'm okay with that. $70 for Demon's Souls... also okay with that because LOOK AT HOW FUCKING GORGEOUS THAT GAME IS!

I normally don't buy new consoles on release and wait a year or two, but I think I might be dropping the $600 required to get a PS5 and Demon's Souls right away, because I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait for that godliness in my life.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
$499 is what I was expecting, so I'm okay with that. $70 for Demon's Souls... also okay with that because LOOK AT HOW FUCKING GORGEOUS THAT GAME IS!

I normally don't buy new consoles on release and wait a year or two, but I think I might be dropping the $600 required to get a PS5 and Demon's Souls right away, because I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait for that godliness in my life.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given that games are going to be $70 as standard, I think the physical console is the best choice. You can probably get better deals on more games physically than you will digitally or at worst you get good deals on both formats and ultimately save the most money in the long run.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given that games are going to be $70 as standard, I think the physical console is the best choice. You can probably get better deals on more games physically than you will digitally or at worst you get good deals on both formats and ultimately save the most money in the long run.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I was originally going to go for either digital version of the new consoles but I agree with the point that paying the higher price for the physical version is a better investment long-term. Going digital-only means you're locking yourself out of used-media trades which are usually so much cheaper than online.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I was originally going to go for either digital version of the new consoles but I agree with the point that paying the higher price for the physical version is a better investment long-term. Going digital-only means you're locking yourself out of used-media trades which are usually so much cheaper than online.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 22nd, 2020, 11:31 PM)Eric Wrote:
I was originally going to go for either digital version of the new consoles but I agree with the point that paying the higher price for the physical version is a better investment long-term.  Going digital-only means you're locking yourself out of used-media trades which are usually so much cheaper than online.
I'd also be worried about if your account was somehow compromised or banned, that your entire library would be lost because you can't download those purchases anymore.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 22nd, 2020, 11:31 PM)Eric Wrote:
I was originally going to go for either digital version of the new consoles but I agree with the point that paying the higher price for the physical version is a better investment long-term.  Going digital-only means you're locking yourself out of used-media trades which are usually so much cheaper than online.
I'd also be worried about if your account was somehow compromised or banned, that your entire library would be lost because you can't download those purchases anymore.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm not sure if this is a thing yet for consoles, but I would hope that with everything going digital that both companies would look into implementing 2-factor authentication. I've had to set 2-factor on anything worth protecting online, even my Amazon account. On a related note, it's somewhat sad to think that this might seriously be the last generation of consoles to support a physical media version of their console.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm not sure if this is a thing yet for consoles, but I would hope that with everything going digital that both companies would look into implementing 2-factor authentication. I've had to set 2-factor on anything worth protecting online, even my Amazon account. On a related note, it's somewhat sad to think that this might seriously be the last generation of consoles to support a physical media version of their console.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know Nintendo does 2FA and I'd be surprised if they're the only ones doing it considering they're normally behind the curve on anything that isn't brand new.
As for this being the last physical generation, it's hard to say. Sony has been giving stores a lot more physical disc consoles than digital ones, so it doesn't seem like they're pushing digital super hard, and Microsoft doesn't even offer a digital only option for the X; you can only get it with the S which isn't the exact same specs. But Microsoft seem more into subscriptions than individual sales of games, so I don't think the media even matters to them at this point.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know Nintendo does 2FA and I'd be surprised if they're the only ones doing it considering they're normally behind the curve on anything that isn't brand new.
As for this being the last physical generation, it's hard to say. Sony has been giving stores a lot more physical disc consoles than digital ones, so it doesn't seem like they're pushing digital super hard, and Microsoft doesn't even offer a digital only option for the X; you can only get it with the S which isn't the exact same specs. But Microsoft seem more into subscriptions than individual sales of games, so I don't think the media even matters to them at this point.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Even though it looks like a router like most people say it does, I'm still a massive fan and I definitely want to pick this up as soon as I can.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Even though it looks like a router like most people say it does, I'm still a massive fan and I definitely want to pick this up as soon as I can.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 06:30 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
Do you plan to get the physical version, or the digital version?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The physical version for sure!
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The physical version for sure!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nice! Grin

Does anyone intend to wait if more colors get announced or at least hopes more colors get announced even if they'll still buy the current look?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nice! Grin

Does anyone intend to wait if more colors get announced or at least hopes more colors get announced even if they'll still buy the current look?
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 28th, 2020, 09:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Nice! Grin

I honestly wish it was black with white as the accent as all of my consoles are black but no. I'll just get the original white PS5 model whenever I can.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Nice! Grin

I honestly wish it was black with white as the accent as all of my consoles are black but no. I'll just get the original white PS5 model whenever I can.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nice! Grin

I won't wait for additional colors intentionally, but I might pick up a different color if they release them by the time I get around to getting a PS5. As much as I want to play the Demon's Souls remake ASAP, I don't trust them to release a new console that doesn't come with a host of bugs and issues that make it a waste of money. So I'll probably wait at least a little while for them to (hopefully) iron out the kinks before I jump in. 

Would like an all-black model instead of the white one. Hate buying consoles in white.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nice! Grin

I won't wait for additional colors intentionally, but I might pick up a different color if they release them by the time I get around to getting a PS5. As much as I want to play the Demon's Souls remake ASAP, I don't trust them to release a new console that doesn't come with a host of bugs and issues that make it a waste of money. So I'll probably wait at least a little while for them to (hopefully) iron out the kinks before I jump in. 

Would like an all-black model instead of the white one. Hate buying consoles in white.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd really like if the plates on the side of the console can just be removed and replaced with different ones. I doubt it would ever be a thing though because Sony can probably make more money from selling different colour systems (or special decal ones) at full price to new customers and collectors rather than just letting people customise an existing PS5 which in the long term would make less money due to the price of it going down lower than what a visually changed PS5 could go for.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd really like if the plates on the side of the console can just be removed and replaced with different ones. I doubt it would ever be a thing though because Sony can probably make more money from selling different colour systems (or special decal ones) at full price to new customers and collectors rather than just letting people customise an existing PS5 which in the long term would make less money due to the price of it going down lower than what a visually changed PS5 could go for.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 725 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,267 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 577 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,564 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,794 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM