PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So, Walmart did put up PS5s for sale today, but they sold out within seconds. The bots strike again and once more anyone who actually wanted a PS5 for themselves get absolutely screwed.

They need to start putting units in stores already. This is getting ridiculous and selling them exclusively online is benefiting no one but the scalpers who are in turn flipping them for $1,500+.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So, Walmart did put up PS5s for sale today, but they sold out within seconds. The bots strike again and once more anyone who actually wanted a PS5 for themselves get absolutely screwed.

They need to start putting units in stores already. This is getting ridiculous and selling them exclusively online is benefiting no one but the scalpers who are in turn flipping them for $1,500+.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know to this day I'm really shocked that I manage to snag one at Walmart. As soon as they said they'd be online I manage to snag one somehow. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know to this day I'm really shocked that I manage to snag one at Walmart. As soon as they said they'd be online I manage to snag one somehow. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
There really needs to be a way to limit the number of systems to an address, and also keep a log of every address that has purchased a PS5 (or any other system) so that someone can't just buy one every time a batch goes live just to flip it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
There really needs to be a way to limit the number of systems to an address, and also keep a log of every address that has purchased a PS5 (or any other system) so that someone can't just buy one every time a batch goes live just to flip it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A PS5 is still nowhere near my radar but hearing scalpers keep taking the new stock within seconds, really annoys me and makes me feel bad for the people who want to get them at the proper cost and not the overpriced amount.  Doh Agreed something needs to be done.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A PS5 is still nowhere near my radar but hearing scalpers keep taking the new stock within seconds, really annoys me and makes me feel bad for the people who want to get them at the proper cost and not the overpriced amount.  Doh Agreed something needs to be done.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think any of us will get a PS5 any time soon even if it is on our radars, unless we get super lucky. Sony have stated today that PS5 shortages are expected to last until 2022.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think any of us will get a PS5 any time soon even if it is on our radars, unless we get super lucky. Sony have stated today that PS5 shortages are expected to last until 2022.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I'm kinda shocked that they are still going to be behind in 2022? I know there a GPU shortage, but part of me wonders if it just them keeping the scarcity going on their own part?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I'm kinda shocked that they are still going to be behind in 2022? I know there a GPU shortage, but part of me wonders if it just them keeping the scarcity going on their own part?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 12th, 2021, 02:02 AM)Karo Wrote:
Switch apparently is facing a similar issue, at least for production (since supplies aren't an issue). IGN said it was because of the semi conductor shortage that came about due to Covid and some sanctions against China or whatever that America put in place last year.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 12th, 2021, 02:02 AM)Karo Wrote:
Switch apparently is facing a similar issue, at least for production (since supplies aren't an issue). IGN said it was because of the semi conductor shortage that came about due to Covid and some sanctions against China or whatever that America put in place last year.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ahh okay maybe there is just a part shortage then I was just a bit suspicious cause I know certain companies really like to drive up that artificial scarcity. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ahh okay maybe there is just a part shortage then I was just a bit suspicious cause I know certain companies really like to drive up that artificial scarcity. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Sony would purposefully make their newest system scarce when it's selling incredibly well. The only problem is that the shortage makes this more enticing for scalpers. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think Sony would purposefully make their newest system scarce when it's selling incredibly well. The only problem is that the shortage makes this more enticing for scalpers. Eh
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
But Moony the scalpers say they really are just doing a service ensuring that those that really want it are getting what they deserve. Rolleyes

Gotta love scalpers truly doing such a great service!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
But Moony the scalpers say they really are just doing a service ensuring that those that really want it are getting what they deserve. Rolleyes

Gotta love scalpers truly doing such a great service!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If that was the case then they shouldn't need to sell them at such high prices. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If that was the case then they shouldn't need to sell them at such high prices. Tongue
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You see Moony it just the customer doesn't really realize what a great deal a 2k PS5 really is!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You see Moony it just the customer doesn't really realize what a great deal a 2k PS5 really is!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I could get one right now in the Gamestop stock drop they are doing (multiple restocks over the course of 30 minutes or so), but man, they're only selling it as two bundles, and both are over $700 because they include a second controller, a $20 Gamestop gift card no one wants, and two/three shit games (MLB The Show 21 and Returnal in one package, and then those two same games +I think Hitman in the other).

Cheapest bundle is $729.99 and the other one is $769.99.

Fuck that, I'm not paying nearly $800 (or over $800 when it comes to the second bundle) for a $500 game system because Gamestop feels the need to bundle it with a bunch of trash.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I could get one right now in the Gamestop stock drop they are doing (multiple restocks over the course of 30 minutes or so), but man, they're only selling it as two bundles, and both are over $700 because they include a second controller, a $20 Gamestop gift card no one wants, and two/three shit games (MLB The Show 21 and Returnal in one package, and then those two same games +I think Hitman in the other).

Cheapest bundle is $729.99 and the other one is $769.99.

Fuck that, I'm not paying nearly $800 (or over $800 when it comes to the second bundle) for a $500 game system because Gamestop feels the need to bundle it with a bunch of trash.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I mean I don't think your really missing out much Night Lord unless your PS4 is dying and considering how a lot of games are offering PS5 upgrades I feel like you will probably be fine whenever you find a good deal for your PS5. Smile

Though this does got me thinking will there ever be another jump like N64 to gamecube or graphically have we really reached the limits? Which I don't really mind stop us needing to rush for it for the FOMO.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I mean I don't think your really missing out much Night Lord unless your PS4 is dying and considering how a lot of games are offering PS5 upgrades I feel like you will probably be fine whenever you find a good deal for your PS5. Smile

Though this does got me thinking will there ever be another jump like N64 to gamecube or graphically have we really reached the limits? Which I don't really mind stop us needing to rush for it for the FOMO.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I mainly just want a PS5 so I can have a better Genshin experience. The difference in performance between PS4 Genshin and PS5 Genshin is big enough to make the upgrade worth it for me.

Also there's a lot of upcoming games that will release on PS4 and PS5, and I'd much rather get the PS5 versions of them than the PS4 versions. Not much point in buying them on PS4 when much better PS5 ports will exist.

Sony had a restock today, and I probably could have gotten one then, but Discord decided to derp out and not send me a notification when Monocle DM'd me about it. Thanks Discord.

Rumors are that Target are preparing for a big drop next week, so we'll see if maybe that one will work out for me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I mainly just want a PS5 so I can have a better Genshin experience. The difference in performance between PS4 Genshin and PS5 Genshin is big enough to make the upgrade worth it for me.

Also there's a lot of upcoming games that will release on PS4 and PS5, and I'd much rather get the PS5 versions of them than the PS4 versions. Not much point in buying them on PS4 when much better PS5 ports will exist.

Sony had a restock today, and I probably could have gotten one then, but Discord decided to derp out and not send me a notification when Monocle DM'd me about it. Thanks Discord.

Rumors are that Target are preparing for a big drop next week, so we'll see if maybe that one will work out for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 736 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,324 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 588 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,582 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,810 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM