PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
That GameStop bundle is ridiculous. It's blatantly an attempt at cashing in on the shortages and the scalpers all in one move.

@Karo: I don't think we've reached the limit in terms of graphics, but the jump isn't going to be so big right at the start of generations like it used to be. But comparing games between the start and end of a generation tends to show a notable improvement and a very big one if you compare generations.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
That GameStop bundle is ridiculous. It's blatantly an attempt at cashing in on the shortages and the scalpers all in one move.

@Karo: I don't think we've reached the limit in terms of graphics, but the jump isn't going to be so big right at the start of generations like it used to be. But comparing games between the start and end of a generation tends to show a notable improvement and a very big one if you compare generations.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I hope you get lucky in the next drop then Night Lord. Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I did read today that both Nintendo and Sony (and probably Microsoft, for that matter) utilize the same company to buy parts from for their analogue sticks for their controllers. Been hearing news about people's PS5 controllers already having drifting issues, and it's more than likely due to that. They should really do something about that company selling those faulty parts... Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I did read today that both Nintendo and Sony (and probably Microsoft, for that matter) utilize the same company to buy parts from for their analogue sticks for their controllers. Been hearing news about people's PS5 controllers already having drifting issues, and it's more than likely due to that. They should really do something about that company selling those faulty parts... Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(May 13th, 2021, 02:16 AM)Karo Wrote:

All depends on how much merit there are to the rumors and inside information going around. It's being said that Target is stocking up enough systems to send 40 units to every store nation-wide, which likely means they'll once again do the "sell online > pick-up in store" move that they did the last time as well. 

So if that is true, I just have to hope I can snatch one up from the Target about ~30 miles away from me, since that's a short run there the same day to pick it up.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(May 13th, 2021, 02:16 AM)Karo Wrote:

All depends on how much merit there are to the rumors and inside information going around. It's being said that Target is stocking up enough systems to send 40 units to every store nation-wide, which likely means they'll once again do the "sell online > pick-up in store" move that they did the last time as well. 

So if that is true, I just have to hope I can snatch one up from the Target about ~30 miles away from me, since that's a short run there the same day to pick it up.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony have revealed two new colors for the DualSense controller:

I really like the black one! The red one is okay but I'm not really into it. I wonder how long it'll be before Sony starts making new console colors. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony have revealed two new colors for the DualSense controller:

I really like the black one! The red one is okay but I'm not really into it. I wonder how long it'll be before Sony starts making new console colors. Hmm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think the red controller is pretty looking, but I'm probably not going to pick it up cause controllers are expensive maybe if my curretn one breaks.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think the red controller is pretty looking, but I'm probably not going to pick it up cause controllers are expensive maybe if my curretn one breaks.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd likely get a second controller just because if the battery is anything like the PS4 controllers, I don't want my controller dying in less than 12 hours. PS3 controllers had far superior batteries.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd likely get a second controller just because if the battery is anything like the PS4 controllers, I don't want my controller dying in less than 12 hours. PS3 controllers had far superior batteries.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hoping these new controllers solve the drift issue but I doubt it, with how new these things are in context with the console release. It's probably good to have two on hand also for that reason.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hoping these new controllers solve the drift issue but I doubt it, with how new these things are in context with the console release. It's probably good to have two on hand also for that reason.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I do be liking that black controller. Much, much, much better than the default white. Will probably pick one up when they release to use on Steam or something, until I get a PS5.

Really wish they'd make a black PS5 now. I absolutely hate whit colored consoles, and prefer to get all of my systems in black. I'm going to be really irritated if I end up getting a PS5 soon and then they announce a black one after that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I do be liking that black controller. Much, much, much better than the default white. Will probably pick one up when they release to use on Steam or something, until I get a PS5.

Really wish they'd make a black PS5 now. I absolutely hate whit colored consoles, and prefer to get all of my systems in black. I'm going to be really irritated if I end up getting a PS5 soon and then they announce a black one after that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen people with black PS5's where they just switched out the panels, which are apparently very easy to remove. So in the worst case you could always do that. I'd like it if Sony just released panels to let people change the colors, but that would mean no money to be made from collectors if they sell a whole system with special panels instead.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen people with black PS5's where they just switched out the panels, which are apparently very easy to remove. So in the worst case you could always do that. I'd like it if Sony just released panels to let people change the colors, but that would mean no money to be made from collectors if they sell a whole system with special panels instead.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn really suck on the shortages, even if it may be 2022 when the ball gets really moving again but hope those who want one is able to get PS5 soon...ish.

I like both the red and black controllers, would use them over the white version any day.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn really suck on the shortages, even if it may be 2022 when the ball gets really moving again but hope those who want one is able to get PS5 soon...ish.

I like both the red and black controllers, would use them over the white version any day.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 19th, 2021, 10:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Doesn't look like it will end by then either. Intel's CEO stated yesterday that the shortage of semiconductors could last for years before getting back to normal manufacturing amounts: https://www.neowin.net/news/intel-ceo-sa...ast-years/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 19th, 2021, 10:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Doesn't look like it will end by then either. Intel's CEO stated yesterday that the shortage of semiconductors could last for years before getting back to normal manufacturing amounts: https://www.neowin.net/news/intel-ceo-sa...ast-years/
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Part of me feels very suspicious of this whole shortage that will last for years.

I mean if your sites are so shitty that they can't stop scalpers from buying them all or you don't got enough help...I highly doubt this is going to last frickin years. Eh
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Part of me feels very suspicious of this whole shortage that will last for years.

I mean if your sites are so shitty that they can't stop scalpers from buying them all or you don't got enough help...I highly doubt this is going to last frickin years. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 2nd, 2021, 01:04 AM)Karo Wrote:

There's potential that companies are intentionally creating a shortage of parts to drive up demand for them. Once the product is out of their hands, they're not going to care if it goes to people who actually want them or to people who went to sell them for x5 the price. They would have already made their money.

Of course I'm not saying I think that is what's happening, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if it was. Create a high demand for the product and you're going to sell it all, rather than sell most of it, but still have some stock on hand that's not going. 

I hope that's not the case, but who knows? Unfortunately no way to know what's going on behind the closed doors of the businesses.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Jun 2nd, 2021, 01:04 AM)Karo Wrote:

There's potential that companies are intentionally creating a shortage of parts to drive up demand for them. Once the product is out of their hands, they're not going to care if it goes to people who actually want them or to people who went to sell them for x5 the price. They would have already made their money.

Of course I'm not saying I think that is what's happening, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if it was. Create a high demand for the product and you're going to sell it all, rather than sell most of it, but still have some stock on hand that's not going. 

I hope that's not the case, but who knows? Unfortunately no way to know what's going on behind the closed doors of the businesses.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the companies aren't bothered who buys their stuff, they still get the same amount of money. I don't think Sony would intentionally make less consoles than they actually can though, unless they're maybe waiting to do bigger batches in the holidays when most people buy consoles and games.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the companies aren't bothered who buys their stuff, they still get the same amount of money. I don't think Sony would intentionally make less consoles than they actually can though, unless they're maybe waiting to do bigger batches in the holidays when most people buy consoles and games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 687 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,014 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 550 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,514 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,736 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM