PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Official PS5 Console Covers Revealed
After stopping everyone else from doing it, Sony have now officially announced their own colored PS5 console covers, which will be available in select regions starting next year:

New DualSense Colors Announced
Alongside the new colored console covers, Sony has also announced new colors for the DualSense controller:
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Official PS5 Console Covers Revealed
After stopping everyone else from doing it, Sony have now officially announced their own colored PS5 console covers, which will be available in select regions starting next year:

New DualSense Colors Announced
Alongside the new colored console covers, Sony has also announced new colors for the DualSense controller:
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh shit! I need that light blue controller. Liking that purple one too.

I'll probably also get the black plates for my PS5 so that it can finally match the rest of my consoles. I do like the light blue plates as well, but I always like having my consoles in black.

Damn, looks like I will eventually have 20 PS5 controllers like I do PS4 controllers after all.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh shit! I need that light blue controller. Liking that purple one too.

I'll probably also get the black plates for my PS5 so that it can finally match the rest of my consoles. I do like the light blue plates as well, but I always like having my consoles in black.

Damn, looks like I will eventually have 20 PS5 controllers like I do PS4 controllers after all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I love the controller colours, especially the purple one. As for the plates I only like the black one; the others (at least in the tweet) make the PS5 look rather cheap. I'm hoping for some themed plates though down the road.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I love the controller colours, especially the purple one. As for the plates I only like the black one; the others (at least in the tweet) make the PS5 look rather cheap. I'm hoping for some themed plates though down the road.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So @ShiraNoMai got an email from Sony telling her she got selected for the PS5 queue tomorrow. I'm hoping that means we're guaranteed a console and it isn't just a ticket into a stupid bum rush for less consoles than people selected. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So @ShiraNoMai got an email from Sony telling her she got selected for the PS5 queue tomorrow. I'm hoping that means we're guaranteed a console and it isn't just a ticket into a stupid bum rush for less consoles than people selected. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Unfortunately that normally is the case. My best advice is to be there the moment the que goes live. The sooner you get yourself into the que, the better chances you have of being one of the lucky ones that makes it through before they sell out.

That's what I did when Monocle's sister gave me her invite and I was able to get in and get one before they sold out, so hopefully you'll also have the same experience. Good luck! The PS5 has proven to be an absolutely amazing console so far, with my only complain about it being how fucking huge the damn thing is. Dualsense controller is 10/10 orgasm for your hands though. Never thought they'd make a controller that I'd fall in love with more than the DualShock 4, but they did it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Unfortunately that normally is the case. My best advice is to be there the moment the que goes live. The sooner you get yourself into the que, the better chances you have of being one of the lucky ones that makes it through before they sell out.

That's what I did when Monocle's sister gave me her invite and I was able to get in and get one before they sold out, so hopefully you'll also have the same experience. Good luck! The PS5 has proven to be an absolutely amazing console so far, with my only complain about it being how fucking huge the damn thing is. Dualsense controller is 10/10 orgasm for your hands though. Never thought they'd make a controller that I'd fall in love with more than the DualShock 4, but they did it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Welp, it almost drained my bank account but I got one! Shame I didn't have an active PS+ subscription for free shipping but whatever. I do find it funny how Sony are like "Hey don't forget to grab some plates and controllers!" in bold as if anyone is going to waste their time adding any of that to their order on a time sensitive item that is the primary reason they've shown up in the first place. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Welp, it almost drained my bank account but I got one! Shame I didn't have an active PS+ subscription for free shipping but whatever. I do find it funny how Sony are like "Hey don't forget to grab some plates and controllers!" in bold as if anyone is going to waste their time adding any of that to their order on a time sensitive item that is the primary reason they've shown up in the first place. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We're quite excited! Unfortunately there was no indication on when the console will possibly ship, but we have the order at least confirmed so we are owed it At Some Point™️
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We're quite excited! Unfortunately there was no indication on when the console will possibly ship, but we have the order at least confirmed so we are owed it At Some Point™️
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!! Congratulations, you two! Trust me, you're going to LOVE the PS5. It's an amazing console. It runs games so buttery smooth and games look great on it. After having gotten my PC and primarily been playing on it for the last couple of months, I can say that even with a 3080 and the specs I have, my PS5 isn't too far behind in performance, with the only huge difference being that my PC can well surpass 60 FPS (but that doesn't matter all that much).

I can't really give you an idea on how long it'll take to get to you, since I have PS+ so I got mine in just a couple of days due to express shipping and such. Hopefully you guys will have it in hand in a week or two at the most.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!! Congratulations, you two! Trust me, you're going to LOVE the PS5. It's an amazing console. It runs games so buttery smooth and games look great on it. After having gotten my PC and primarily been playing on it for the last couple of months, I can say that even with a 3080 and the specs I have, my PS5 isn't too far behind in performance, with the only huge difference being that my PC can well surpass 60 FPS (but that doesn't matter all that much).

I can't really give you an idea on how long it'll take to get to you, since I have PS+ so I got mine in just a couple of days due to express shipping and such. Hopefully you guys will have it in hand in a week or two at the most.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the non-express option was like 3-5 business days. Do they have you sign for it on delivery @Dragon Lord or is it just dumped on the doorstep?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the non-express option was like 3-5 business days. Do they have you sign for it on delivery @Dragon Lord or is it just dumped on the doorstep?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't know. I was actually at work when it got delivered (was still at the old job at the time), so my mom was home to receive it. I don't know if she'd remember if she had to sign for it or not, so I don't think asking her would help. I would just play it safe and make sure someone is home to sign for it just in case though. A lot of times they do require a signature for shipments over a certain amount of money, though I've had some I didn't have to sign for even though they were high-priced items (not sure if due to COVID stuff or what).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't know. I was actually at work when it got delivered (was still at the old job at the time), so my mom was home to receive it. I don't know if she'd remember if she had to sign for it or not, so I don't think asking her would help. I would just play it safe and make sure someone is home to sign for it just in case though. A lot of times they do require a signature for shipments over a certain amount of money, though I've had some I didn't have to sign for even though they were high-priced items (not sure if due to COVID stuff or what).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. What was the packaging like at least? Would it be obvious there's a PS5 sitting on my doorstep should it be left there?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. What was the packaging like at least? Would it be obvious there's a PS5 sitting on my doorstep should it be left there?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It was inside of a brown box and I don't believe there was anything on the box to indicate that it was a PlayStation 5/from Sony (unless someone walks up to the box and looks at the shipping label to see the sender's information). Though I don't remember if the shipping label even says Sony/PlayStation on it, so there might actually be nothing on there to indicate anything of the sort.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It was inside of a brown box and I don't believe there was anything on the box to indicate that it was a PlayStation 5/from Sony (unless someone walks up to the box and looks at the shipping label to see the sender's information). Though I don't remember if the shipping label even says Sony/PlayStation on it, so there might actually be nothing on there to indicate anything of the sort.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope not. I'm just worried someone will try to snatch it off my doorstep if it happens to be left there because I know it isn't fitting in the large post box that my community has. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope not. I'm just worried someone will try to snatch it off my doorstep if it happens to be left there because I know it isn't fitting in the large post box that my community has. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Awesome, congrats to both Moony and Shira for getting a PS5! If I do eventually manage to get one I'll double dip on Elden Ring and of course download Genshin, but I think it'll mean I have to pack up my GameCube to make room for it on my TV stand in my bedroom. Hoo boy.

Have you got an idea of where it will go? Also hope you guys are in when it's delivered or darn well hope no one selfish walks by and sees a parcel outside your door if you're not.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Awesome, congrats to both Moony and Shira for getting a PS5! If I do eventually manage to get one I'll double dip on Elden Ring and of course download Genshin, but I think it'll mean I have to pack up my GameCube to make room for it on my TV stand in my bedroom. Hoo boy.

Have you got an idea of where it will go? Also hope you guys are in when it's delivered or darn well hope no one selfish walks by and sees a parcel outside your door if you're not.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2022, 12:51 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Doesn't Elden Ring have that free upgrade like most current cross gen games do? You shouldn't need to double dip on it in that case.

As for where it'll go, somewhere on our shelves beneath the TV in the living room where the other active consoles go. Luckily the shelves have a lot of space between them so it'll comfortably lay down in there.

Not sure yet if it'll outright replace the PS4 because I don't know how transferring data works.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2022, 12:51 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Doesn't Elden Ring have that free upgrade like most current cross gen games do? You shouldn't need to double dip on it in that case.

As for where it'll go, somewhere on our shelves beneath the TV in the living room where the other active consoles go. Luckily the shelves have a lot of space between them so it'll comfortably lay down in there.

Not sure yet if it'll outright replace the PS4 because I don't know how transferring data works.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 722 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,256 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 575 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,560 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,791 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM