PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
DualSense requires a USB-C cable, while I believe the DualShock 4 uses Micro USB.

But yeah, even if I didn't have a PS5, I'd probably get a DualSense just to play on PC with. My white DualSense that came with my PS5 has been regulated to PC play, while my black, blue and purple controllers are for PS5 play.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
DualSense requires a USB-C cable, while I believe the DualShock 4 uses Micro USB.

But yeah, even if I didn't have a PS5, I'd probably get a DualSense just to play on PC with. My white DualSense that came with my PS5 has been regulated to PC play, while my black, blue and purple controllers are for PS5 play.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Aw, alright. Glad I have two USB-C slots in my laptop and one in my old. I should've asked this at the same time but I can probably find out when I find a controller, but does the DualSense come with the USB-C cable or I have to buy them separately?

EDIT: Of course they don't, PS4 controllers don't either. I also didn't know what I was talking too so ignore me, and I'm about to get myself a DualSense and the right USB cable for it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Aw, alright. Glad I have two USB-C slots in my laptop and one in my old. I should've asked this at the same time but I can probably find out when I find a controller, but does the DualSense come with the USB-C cable or I have to buy them separately?

EDIT: Of course they don't, PS4 controllers don't either. I also didn't know what I was talking too so ignore me, and I'm about to get myself a DualSense and the right USB cable for it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Do you own a Switch Pro controller @Mr EliteL? Those require USB-C cables to charge and you could just use that for the DualSense. Either that or most modern phones use that connection too, so try that too as an option.

I think the only thing I question about the DualSense is the microphone. I suppose it's okay for usage as a game mechanic like in Astro's Playroom, but I don't see why anyone would use it to do voice chat over a dedicated headset or something. I do appreciate it comes with a headphone jack though which I assume is to connect a headset easily to a PS5.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Do you own a Switch Pro controller @Mr EliteL? Those require USB-C cables to charge and you could just use that for the DualSense. Either that or most modern phones use that connection too, so try that too as an option.

I think the only thing I question about the DualSense is the microphone. I suppose it's okay for usage as a game mechanic like in Astro's Playroom, but I don't see why anyone would use it to do voice chat over a dedicated headset or something. I do appreciate it comes with a headphone jack though which I assume is to connect a headset easily to a PS5.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I do own a Switch Pro. I could've used that, but I'd rather have a separate one anyway as I keep my Switch Pro plugged in all the time. The cable I bought is short and my laptop is right next to me.

EDIT: This....this controller!!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I do own a Switch Pro. I could've used that, but I'd rather have a separate one anyway as I keep my Switch Pro plugged in all the time. The cable I bought is short and my laptop is right next to me.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 10th, 2022, 08:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I saw you'd bought one in the Last Gaming Purchase thread but I assume it arrived and you started using it? Tongue
Also I wonder if the vibration in the controller is as well used on PC games or not compared to PS5. I'd imagine not because the games wouldn't be programmed for it. I at least know trigger resistance won't be. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 10th, 2022, 08:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I saw you'd bought one in the Last Gaming Purchase thread but I assume it arrived and you started using it? Tongue
Also I wonder if the vibration in the controller is as well used on PC games or not compared to PS5. I'd imagine not because the games wouldn't be programmed for it. I at least know trigger resistance won't be. Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So glad you guys are finally discovering the absolute heaven the DualSense is. It is truly the GOAT of controllers.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So glad you guys are finally discovering the absolute heaven the DualSense is. It is truly the GOAT of controllers.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I will say getting used to the trigger resistance is really hard, especially in games where it changes based on weapon. I've had some real struggles in RE8 when trying to fire heavier weapons because I'm using light pressure on the trigger out of habit from how that would be enough on older controllers to register an input, but on DualSense it doesn't get registered. Not a knock on the controller at all but just something I've observed over the last couple of days.

One thing I will say that is shit about the PS5 is Sony opting to take the "set screenshots when obtaining a trophy to enabled by default" feature and feeding it steroids to result in "set videos when obtaining trophies or any form of accomplishment in a game to enabled by default" as a feature. It was bad enough how much space screenshots could take up before you noticed the setting was on, but looking in my storage and seeing a few gigs of video and discovering a shit ton of 15 second videos is ridiculous. The system should ask you if you want that enabled during setup instead of hiding it away.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I will say getting used to the trigger resistance is really hard, especially in games where it changes based on weapon. I've had some real struggles in RE8 when trying to fire heavier weapons because I'm using light pressure on the trigger out of habit from how that would be enough on older controllers to register an input, but on DualSense it doesn't get registered. Not a knock on the controller at all but just something I've observed over the last couple of days.

One thing I will say that is shit about the PS5 is Sony opting to take the "set screenshots when obtaining a trophy to enabled by default" feature and feeding it steroids to result in "set videos when obtaining trophies or any form of accomplishment in a game to enabled by default" as a feature. It was bad enough how much space screenshots could take up before you noticed the setting was on, but looking in my storage and seeing a few gigs of video and discovering a shit ton of 15 second videos is ridiculous. The system should ask you if you want that enabled during setup instead of hiding it away.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just holding it was enough for me, oh my. I definitely noticed the response was much quicker than DS4 too when playing on my laptop on Genshin, makes me wonder why I'm not playing right this second on it! As it's the only game I've so far with the DualSense, haven't noticed the trigger resistance yet or wasn't paying attention. XD Just seemed to work like normal to me.

Oof though, PS5 has got a setting of recording videos for trophy moments instead of screenshots? I do remove the most useless ones on my PS4 unless it captured a good shot and not blocked by something or whatever. But to have a video, I'd rather not have and will make sure it's set to off then when I get a PS5.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just holding it was enough for me, oh my. I definitely noticed the response was much quicker than DS4 too when playing on my laptop on Genshin, makes me wonder why I'm not playing right this second on it! As it's the only game I've so far with the DualSense, haven't noticed the trigger resistance yet or wasn't paying attention. XD Just seemed to work like normal to me.

Oof though, PS5 has got a setting of recording videos for trophy moments instead of screenshots? I do remove the most useless ones on my PS4 unless it captured a good shot and not blocked by something or whatever. But to have a video, I'd rather not have and will make sure it's set to off then when I get a PS5.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I feel like if you want to give people little memories of the moments they got really rare trophies, a short video snippet would be kinda neat. But for literally every trophy, even story ones that everyone gets? That's insane.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I feel like if you want to give people little memories of the moments they got really rare trophies, a short video snippet would be kinda neat. But for literally every trophy, even story ones that everyone gets? That's insane.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 13th, 2022, 02:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The console does let you choose what particular moments are captured, such as just Platinum trophies or gold, etc. but by default it grabs every trophy and any other non-trophy accomplishment such as setting a new personal best time on a challenge.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 13th, 2022, 02:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
The console does let you choose what particular moments are captured, such as just Platinum trophies or gold, etc. but by default it grabs every trophy and any other non-trophy accomplishment such as setting a new personal best time on a challenge.
Smokey Offline
Dreamcast Fanboy
Currently Playing
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Favourite Platform(s)
Sega Dreamcast, Xbox Series X
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 2,160
Still can't find one of these anywhere lol.
Smokey Offline
Dreamcast Fanboy
Currently Playing
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Favourite Platform(s)
Sega Dreamcast, Xbox Series X
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 2,160
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 23rd, 2022, 12:35 AM)Smokey Wrote:
Honestly I think your best chance is to try getting an invite from Sony to get one. That's how myself and @Dragon Lord got ours and it doesn't rely on you having to constantly keep an eye on when places like Target just suddenly get stock and open up orders without warning.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 23rd, 2022, 12:35 AM)Smokey Wrote:
Honestly I think your best chance is to try getting an invite from Sony to get one. That's how myself and @Dragon Lord got ours and it doesn't rely on you having to constantly keep an eye on when places like Target just suddenly get stock and open up orders without warning.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So Sony released a program you can download on PC that lets you update your DualSense controllers, so you don't have to plug them into your PS5 to update them. It's so nice! It's especially good for people who own a DualSense controller to game on PC with, but don't actually own a PS5 themselves, like @Mr EliteL .

Click here for the page with the download link to the program and the instructions on how to use it, for anyone interested.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So Sony released a program you can download on PC that lets you update your DualSense controllers, so you don't have to plug them into your PS5 to update them. It's so nice! It's especially good for people who own a DualSense controller to game on PC with, but don't actually own a PS5 themselves, like @Mr EliteL .

Click here for the page with the download link to the program and the instructions on how to use it, for anyone interested.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it so weird that DualSense requires updates. I've never had that for a controller before since no other PlayStation system has done that, and any patch notes I find just say "improve stability". Seems odd to me that DS's need stability updates but none of the other controllers had that and didn't seem to suffer for it. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it so weird that DualSense requires updates. I've never had that for a controller before since no other PlayStation system has done that, and any patch notes I find just say "improve stability". Seems odd to me that DS's need stability updates but none of the other controllers had that and didn't seem to suffer for it. Unsure
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks, didn't know the DualSense need firmware updates, but definitely cool they considered people having controllers for PC but no PS5. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks, didn't know the DualSense need firmware updates, but definitely cool they considered people having controllers for PC but no PS5. Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 688 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,028 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 551 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,515 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,737 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM