PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 26th, 2022, 09:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I find it so weird that DualSense requires updates. I've never had that for a controller before since no other PlayStation system has done that, and any patch notes I find just say "improve stability". Seems odd to me that DS's need stability updates but none of the other controllers had that and didn't seem to suffer for it. Unsure

Probably has to do with features like the adaptive triggers. That's something the DualSense has that no other PS controller has had before.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 26th, 2022, 09:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I find it so weird that DualSense requires updates. I've never had that for a controller before since no other PlayStation system has done that, and any patch notes I find just say "improve stability". Seems odd to me that DS's need stability updates but none of the other controllers had that and didn't seem to suffer for it. Unsure

Probably has to do with features like the adaptive triggers. That's something the DualSense has that no other PS controller has had before.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Apparently PS5's have been restocked in places or at least I know of in UK like ShopTo and Argos for now. Currently attempting to get one, but the account I use of the former site won't let me in probably because I haven't used it in quite a while, even a request login email fails to reach me, so I might opt to start a new account. Ugh.

EDIT: Opted for the new account because old must've been deleted from inactivity, but there was nothing on there t be used anyway apart from some points which I likely used on my last order anyway, so whatever was left from that one after purchase. Thought the PS5 was going to be sold out with 400+ people on the page, but they were being slow assed snails or something. Unless there is indeed a ton of orders going through that they end being sold out and issue them to those who ordered first, because I can't see there being 400+ available straight away...?

(don't congratulate me yet until I see the confirmation email that it's on it's way)
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Apparently PS5's have been restocked in places or at least I know of in UK like ShopTo and Argos for now. Currently attempting to get one, but the account I use of the former site won't let me in probably because I haven't used it in quite a while, even a request login email fails to reach me, so I might opt to start a new account. Ugh.

EDIT: Opted for the new account because old must've been deleted from inactivity, but there was nothing on there t be used anyway apart from some points which I likely used on my last order anyway, so whatever was left from that one after purchase. Thought the PS5 was going to be sold out with 400+ people on the page, but they were being slow assed snails or something. Unless there is indeed a ton of orders going through that they end being sold out and issue them to those who ordered first, because I can't see there being 400+ available straight away...?

(don't congratulate me yet until I see the confirmation email that it's on it's way)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So is ShopTo only having the orders placed but you don't know if you got one? I'd have expected it to put you through the whole checkout process.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So is ShopTo only having the orders placed but you don't know if you got one? I'd have expected it to put you through the whole checkout process.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I did checkout and got a confirmation that the order is being processed so I should be getting one. I was just expecting there to be so many orders that they cancel later orders if any, but at the time it didn't seem to be selling out immediately. The bundle I got was sold out yesterday with two other bundles still available...*check again* Oh the bundle I bought is in stock again, perhaps giving the option from taking out an item from the other bundles as they weren't sold out. The bundles are:

PlayStation 5 Disc Console w/ Forbidden West
PlayStation 5 Disc Console w/ Forbidden West + LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
PlayStation 5 Disc Console w/ Forbidden West + White Dual Sense Controller

There was a Digital Console, like the first bundle but that's sold out. I got the first bundle.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I did checkout and got a confirmation that the order is being processed so I should be getting one. I was just expecting there to be so many orders that they cancel later orders if any, but at the time it didn't seem to be selling out immediately. The bundle I got was sold out yesterday with two other bundles still available...*check again* Oh the bundle I bought is in stock again, perhaps giving the option from taking out an item from the other bundles as they weren't sold out. The bundles are:

PlayStation 5 Disc Console w/ Forbidden West
PlayStation 5 Disc Console w/ Forbidden West + LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
PlayStation 5 Disc Console w/ Forbidden West + White Dual Sense Controller

There was a Digital Console, like the first bundle but that's sold out. I got the first bundle.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Dang, wait you didn't play Zero Dawn have you? I think it's free with a PS+ tier thing. Hmm

But yay, GG on getting a console! Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Dang, wait you didn't play Zero Dawn have you? I think it's free with a PS+ tier thing. Hmm

But yay, GG on getting a console! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 30th, 2022, 05:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If it is then it's on the higher tiers, because it isn't in the PS+ Collection. I think @Mr EliteL owns the game already though.

Hopefully your order was successful and isn't cancelled EL! Do you think you'd ever get any different colour plates for the console or just leave it white?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 30th, 2022, 05:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
If it is then it's on the higher tiers, because it isn't in the PS+ Collection. I think @Mr EliteL owns the game already though.

Hopefully your order was successful and isn't cancelled EL! Do you think you'd ever get any different colour plates for the console or just leave it white?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@ShiraNoMai : Yeah, I do have the game but it's currently lost, and have yet to play Zero Dawn. I have searched briefly but to no avail, but am about to tidy my room now where I want to place my PS5 so ZD might be amongst those areas. I hope. XD

@Moonface My order wasn't cancelled, and has arrived today! Luckily I had a section leader who is also a gamer who understood missing my parcel as it was due between 12PM-1PM and let me finish at 12PM in order to get home. The delivery driver had already tried our house and was about to leave when myself and my sister were returning from work at 12:10 to receive it. Phew, what a save.  Sweat 

I should've and was going to make the space for the PS5 yesterday but well, I had no desire to do it, a bit due to tiredness, but even after work today I am motivated to get this done! Gotta hurry up and see the best version for Genshin, dang it!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@ShiraNoMai : Yeah, I do have the game but it's currently lost, and have yet to play Zero Dawn. I have searched briefly but to no avail, but am about to tidy my room now where I want to place my PS5 so ZD might be amongst those areas. I hope. XD

@Moonface My order wasn't cancelled, and has arrived today! Luckily I had a section leader who is also a gamer who understood missing my parcel as it was due between 12PM-1PM and let me finish at 12PM in order to get home. The delivery driver had already tried our house and was about to leave when myself and my sister were returning from work at 12:10 to receive it. Phew, what a save.  Sweat 

I should've and was going to make the space for the PS5 yesterday but well, I had no desire to do it, a bit due to tiredness, but even after work today I am motivated to get this done! Gotta hurry up and see the best version for Genshin, dang it!
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Congratulations on upgrading to buttery smooth Genshin Impact without frame drops, input lag, stutter, and all of the other super annoying issues that plague the PS4 version! You'll feel like you're playing a whole new game and wonder how you ever survived playing on the shitty PS4 version for so long!
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Congratulations on upgrading to buttery smooth Genshin Impact without frame drops, input lag, stutter, and all of the other super annoying issues that plague the PS4 version! You'll feel like you're playing a whole new game and wonder how you ever survived playing on the shitty PS4 version for so long!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh wow you got your PS5 super fast @Mr EliteL! Gasp
Depending on how much space your PS4 was using you can probably just stuff the PS5 into that space, since there's no need to have both consoles hooked up once you transfer your data.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh wow you got your PS5 super fast @Mr EliteL! Gasp
Depending on how much space your PS4 was using you can probably just stuff the PS5 into that space, since there's no need to have both consoles hooked up once you transfer your data.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just got the PS5 out and fook me, it[s such a beefy boi, I already sent my GameCube down to the second shelf of my TV stand and yeah, limited room for my PS4 and PS3....wait think I have it worked out for all three now. Got to get the wires in next then all set. PS3 lies down in front of my TV with PS4 and PS5 slightly in front but on either side, giving a focus on the TV where al my gamin' will be happening, yay!
I'll post a photo soon which I can do one now before I have to put (meaningful) crap in front of the stand, the photo will be without wires in it, just cleanliness and that I haven't done so yet. XD

I also found my copy of Zero Dawn, it was on my bottom shelf of my TV stand with my PS3 games, which had no other PS4 games under there (also includes some DVDs, DS/3DS cases, PS2 and PS1 games). I didn't check under there for all this time thinking there wasn't any PS4 cases with all that. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just got the PS5 out and fook me, it[s such a beefy boi, I already sent my GameCube down to the second shelf of my TV stand and yeah, limited room for my PS4 and PS3....wait think I have it worked out for all three now. Got to get the wires in next then all set. PS3 lies down in front of my TV with PS4 and PS5 slightly in front but on either side, giving a focus on the TV where al my gamin' will be happening, yay!
I'll post a photo soon which I can do one now before I have to put (meaningful) crap in front of the stand, the photo will be without wires in it, just cleanliness and that I haven't done so yet. XD

I also found my copy of Zero Dawn, it was on my bottom shelf of my TV stand with my PS3 games, which had no other PS4 games under there (also includes some DVDs, DS/3DS cases, PS2 and PS1 games). I didn't check under there for all this time thinking there wasn't any PS4 cases with all that. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You're not planning to put the PS4 away into storage somewhere in your room @Mr EliteL?

And yeah, it's incredibly big. I was happy that the house Shira and I moved into had a built in TV stand with very large shelf spaces. I don't imagine many standalone TV units would have a space suited to hold such a big console.

Also you never answered if you'd get different colour plates for it. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You're not planning to put the PS4 away into storage somewhere in your room @Mr EliteL?

And yeah, it's incredibly big. I was happy that the house Shira and I moved into had a built in TV stand with very large shelf spaces. I don't imagine many standalone TV units would have a space suited to hold such a big console.

Also you never answered if you'd get different colour plates for it. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nope I am not, I intend to use my PS4 still and after seeing the data transfer time, I'm sure as hell not going to wait for everything other than the games I have digitally barring Dying Light (which is...only 4 actually), plus their download times. I've got the saved data for everything transferred at the very least for when/if I do choose to play the other games. When I initially begun the data transfer, I didn't even choose all my games, just a select few I thought I would want to play, but the time was over 3 days so....no thanks to that. I want to play something tonight, so while I wait I'll play Genshin on PS4 for the last time. Ah, yes the photo I shall post in the setup topic.

About the plates, I at first wasn't going to and will likely still won't, but right now with my PS3, PS4 and TV all black, then maybe black plates to fit with those, but might just stick with white just to have a different colour there at the very least.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Nope I am not, I intend to use my PS4 still and after seeing the data transfer time, I'm sure as hell not going to wait for everything other than the games I have digitally barring Dying Light (which is...only 4 actually), plus their download times. I've got the saved data for everything transferred at the very least for when/if I do choose to play the other games. When I initially begun the data transfer, I didn't even choose all my games, just a select few I thought I would want to play, but the time was over 3 days so....no thanks to that. I want to play something tonight, so while I wait I'll play Genshin on PS4 for the last time. Ah, yes the photo I shall post in the setup topic.

About the plates, I at first wasn't going to and will likely still won't, but right now with my PS3, PS4 and TV all black, then maybe black plates to fit with those, but might just stick with white just to have a different colour there at the very least.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd suggest not bothering to transfer games over. It's far quicker to just reinstall them from the disc which is what I did.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd suggest not bothering to transfer games over. It's far quicker to just reinstall them from the disc which is what I did.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone else here use the PS App with their PS5 at all? I have it from when I went to PAX and wanted to use it to have my captures on my phone but no matter what I've done nothing will be transferred by my PS5. I was curious if anyone else can't get it to work either. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone else here use the PS App with their PS5 at all? I have it from when I went to PAX and wanted to use it to have my captures on my phone but no matter what I've done nothing will be transferred by my PS5. I was curious if anyone else can't get it to work either. Hmm
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
To be honest I didn't even know there was a phone app for PlayStation. Probably not something I would ever use, so I can't be of any help on that front.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
To be honest I didn't even know there was a phone app for PlayStation. Probably not something I would ever use, so I can't be of any help on that front.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 725 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,271 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 578 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,565 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,794 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM