Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I'm really curious how it will compare to the brands modding official Dualsense controllers. I've been using a HexGaming Rival Pro for a couple weeks now, and for FPS it's really solid!

I'll still go back to the standard Dualsense for games like Horizon though.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I'm really curious how it will compare to the brands modding official Dualsense controllers. I've been using a HexGaming Rival Pro for a couple weeks now, and for FPS it's really solid!

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 28th, 2022, 09:34 PM)Frank Wrote:

I would hope that Sony's one knocks the modded ones out of the park, because it would be rather bad for an official controller to not surpass the third party ones that released before it. The third party ones will probably be the cheaper option of the two, just like is the case with buying any other third party version of an existing official controller.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

I would hope that Sony's one knocks the modded ones out of the park, because it would be rather bad for an official controller to not surpass the third party ones that released before it. The third party ones will probably be the cheaper option of the two, just like is the case with buying any other third party version of an existing official controller.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 30th, 2022, 11:17 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Actually, when it comes to customizable controllers, the third party ones are rather expensive. For example, the HexGaming Rival Pro that Frank has costs $199.99 (they also have ones that cost almost $300). If Sony prices the DualSense Edge more than $200, they're going to see it fail spectacularly.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Actually, when it comes to customizable controllers, the third party ones are rather expensive. For example, the HexGaming Rival Pro that Frank has costs $199.99 (they also have ones that cost almost $300). If Sony prices the DualSense Edge more than $200, they're going to see it fail spectacularly.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 31st, 2022, 02:41 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Interesting. I'm not well versed on third party controller brands except for the garbage that is MadCatz but I couldn't find any third party Xbox Elite controllers that cost more than the official version, so I'm wondering if maybe the third party DualSense Edge style controllers are currently really expensive because there's nothing official to compete with on price and quality. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Interesting. I'm not well versed on third party controller brands except for the garbage that is MadCatz but I couldn't find any third party Xbox Elite controllers that cost more than the official version, so I'm wondering if maybe the third party DualSense Edge style controllers are currently really expensive because there's nothing official to compete with on price and quality. Hmm
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 

Yeah, the 3rd party ones are definitely more expensive. The HexGaming one I have, the $200 base model is a standard flat black color. It also doesn't have the trigger mods. The issue with the trigger mod, besides it being an extra ala-carte price, is the fact that it technically ruins other games. While it's ideal and works amazingly in games like COD or Borderlands, it ruins the adaptive trigger functionality in games like Ratchet & Clank or Horizon.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 

Yeah, the 3rd party ones are definitely more expensive. The HexGaming one I have, the $200 base model is a standard flat black color. It also doesn't have the trigger mods. The issue with the trigger mod, besides it being an extra ala-carte price, is the fact that it technically ruins other games. While it's ideal and works amazingly in games like COD or Borderlands, it ruins the adaptive trigger functionality in games like Ratchet & Clank or Horizon.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
DualSense Edge Pricing and Release Date Revealed
Sony has announced that the DualSense Edge controller will release globally on January 26, 2023, with a price of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. There will also be replaceable stick modules released at the same time with a price of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99. Pre-orders for the controller will open on October 25 at select retailers.

The DualSense Edge controller will come with a carrying case that contains all of the following items:
  • DualSense Edge wireless controller
  • USB braided cable
  • 2 Standard caps
  • 2 High dome caps
  • 2 Low dome caps
  • 2 Half dome back buttons
  • 2 Lever back buttons
  • Connector housing
You will also be able to charge the controller via USB connection while it's stored in the case for an easy way to charge it for wherever you take it for your next play session.

Now that we know the pricing and date, is anyone here going to be purchasing one of these? If not, do you have any thoughts on the pricing?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
DualSense Edge Pricing and Release Date Revealed
Sony has announced that the DualSense Edge controller will release globally on January 26, 2023, with a price of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. There will also be replaceable stick modules released at the same time with a price of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99. Pre-orders for the controller will open on October 25 at select retailers.

The DualSense Edge controller will come with a carrying case that contains all of the following items:
  • DualSense Edge wireless controller
  • USB braided cable
  • 2 Standard caps
  • 2 High dome caps
  • 2 Low dome caps
  • 2 Half dome back buttons
  • 2 Lever back buttons
  • Connector housing
You will also be able to charge the controller via USB connection while it's stored in the case for an easy way to charge it for wherever you take it for your next play session.

Now that we know the pricing and date, is anyone here going to be purchasing one of these? If not, do you have any thoughts on the pricing?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The price is a little higher than I was hoping. Wanted to see a price tag more around the $150-$170 mark.

Though knowing me, I'll likely still get one just because I really like the DualSense controller and the Edge looks really nice, and I might actually enjoy being able to to change some aspects of it. And if I'm going to pay $200 for a customizable PS5 controller, I'd rather it be an official first-party controller rather than a sussy third party.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The price is a little higher than I was hoping. Wanted to see a price tag more around the $150-$170 mark.

Though knowing me, I'll likely still get one just because I really like the DualSense controller and the Edge looks really nice, and I might actually enjoy being able to to change some aspects of it. And if I'm going to pay $200 for a customizable PS5 controller, I'd rather it be an official first-party controller rather than a sussy third party.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd grab one if I caught it on a ridiculously good discount at some point, but otherwise I'd rather just spend the money this costs on a couple of regular controllers if I had to pick between one or the other. Seems to only be about $10 more than an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but I don't recall the Xbox controllers having the amount of customization this controller has to tell which one is the overall better value for money. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd grab one if I caught it on a ridiculously good discount at some point, but otherwise I'd rather just spend the money this costs on a couple of regular controllers if I had to pick between one or the other. Seems to only be about $10 more than an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but I don't recall the Xbox controllers having the amount of customization this controller has to tell which one is the overall better value for money. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Elite Series 2 has the following:
  • Thumbstick – adjustment tool
  • Charging dock + USB-C cable
  • Set of 4 paddles: medium (2), mini (2)
  • Additional thumbsticks: classic (2), dome (1), tall (1)
  • Additional D-pad: standard
  • Carrying case

I noticed they've also recently discounted it to $154.99, probably in light of this DualSense Edge announcement.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The Elite Series 2 has the following:
  • Thumbstick – adjustment tool
  • Charging dock + USB-C cable
  • Set of 4 paddles: medium (2), mini (2)
  • Additional thumbsticks: classic (2), dome (1), tall (1)
  • Additional D-pad: standard
  • Carrying case

I noticed they've also recently discounted it to $154.99, probably in light of this DualSense Edge announcement.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,119
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My first thought was nope no way that price is too high, then on second thought...maybe. I won't be disappointed if I miss out on ordering one though, will wait and see what others make of it. Forgot there were those two new buttons on the backside of the controller, they might be alright. Good the controller comes with the case and everything so you have the ability to try which customisation type fits your playstyle or even interchange if you want.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,119 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My first thought was nope no way that price is too high, then on second thought...maybe. I won't be disappointed if I miss out on ordering one though, will wait and see what others make of it. Forgot there were those two new buttons on the backside of the controller, they might be alright. Good the controller comes with the case and everything so you have the ability to try which customisation type fits your playstyle or even interchange if you want.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 19th, 2022, 12:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I won't be disappointed if I miss out on ordering one though, will wait and see what others make of it.
This is what I plan to do after seeing that the Elite Series controllers often get problems after less than two years and that seems to be a trend with most if not all of these high-end controllers because they don't often use better materials for them than a regular controller. I would never pay more for a controller that isn't actually made better and is more to just pay for the extra options it brings. Especially nowadays when everyone insists on making controllers with sticks that eventually drift. I know you can replace the sticks on this controller but that doesn't excuse it happening if it does, and I expect it will.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 19th, 2022, 12:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I won't be disappointed if I miss out on ordering one though, will wait and see what others make of it.
This is what I plan to do after seeing that the Elite Series controllers often get problems after less than two years and that seems to be a trend with most if not all of these high-end controllers because they don't often use better materials for them than a regular controller. I would never pay more for a controller that isn't actually made better and is more to just pay for the extra options it brings. Especially nowadays when everyone insists on making controllers with sticks that eventually drift. I know you can replace the sticks on this controller but that doesn't excuse it happening if it does, and I expect it will.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Oct 18th, 2022, 07:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The extra money is worth spending just for not having the absolute worst analog stick layout in the history of gaming that puts your controller instantly in the trash tier. Xbox controllers will always be instant-garbo as long as they insist on keeping that absolutely hideous button layout (sadly Nintendo decided to copy them instead of coming up with their own idea for the Switch/Pro Controller layout, Nintendo lazy as always).
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Oct 18th, 2022, 07:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:

The extra money is worth spending just for not having the absolute worst analog stick layout in the history of gaming that puts your controller instantly in the trash tier. Xbox controllers will always be instant-garbo as long as they insist on keeping that absolutely hideous button layout (sadly Nintendo decided to copy them instead of coming up with their own idea for the Switch/Pro Controller layout, Nintendo lazy as always).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Maybe I'm missing something but the sticks on the Xbox Elite controller don't look to be in different positions to a regular Xbox controller. Unsure
Even then, I personally think the left stick being up higher is more comfortable, at least compared to controllers prior to the DualSense; I'll give Sony credit that the sticks are finally at a good distance apart on the DualSense which prevents my hand cramping on long play sessions compared to the DualShock controllers.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Maybe I'm missing something but the sticks on the Xbox Elite controller don't look to be in different positions to a regular Xbox controller. Unsure
Even then, I personally think the left stick being up higher is more comfortable, at least compared to controllers prior to the DualSense; I'll give Sony credit that the sticks are finally at a good distance apart on the DualSense which prevents my hand cramping on long play sessions compared to the DualShock controllers.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
I'd love to buy one, but I'm struggling to find a PS5. xD
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2022, 11:49 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
The most reliable way I think is to still use Sony Direct to get one rather than a retailer. I don't think anyone here has got one other than using that service. Wink

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2022, 11:49 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
The most reliable way I think is to still use Sony Direct to get one rather than a retailer. I don't think anyone here has got one other than using that service. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 745 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,339 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 590 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,588 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,823 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM