PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Bloorborne 2 or PS5 is a bust and it's time for everyone to go buy an Xbox Series X.

Being slightly more serious, I have no expectations because launch libraries are usually pretty bad and you have to wait a year or two for any of the good games to come out (see: PS4 until Bloodborne came out).
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Bloorborne 2 or PS5 is a bust and it's time for everyone to go buy an Xbox Series X.

Being slightly more serious, I have no expectations because launch libraries are usually pretty bad and you have to wait a year or two for any of the good games to come out (see: PS4 until Bloodborne came out).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect there to be good games announced but not for launch. I don't think everything shown is going to be a launch title.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I expect there to be good games announced but not for launch. I don't think everything shown is going to be a launch title.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Launch titles for these past two gens have been pretty weak, with the exception of (IMO) Breath of the Wild for Switch. I can't see this time changing that mindset either.

Though, could be worse, could be PS3 launch  Whistle
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Launch titles for these past two gens have been pretty weak, with the exception of (IMO) Breath of the Wild for Switch. I can't see this time changing that mindset either.

Though, could be worse, could be PS3 launch  Whistle
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, that presentation was even worse than I expected it to be. The only saving grace was the reveal that the Demon's Souls remaster rumors were true.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, that presentation was even worse than I expected it to be. The only saving grace was the reveal that the Demon's Souls remaster rumors were true.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If this presentation had been part of E3 it would have made Sony win the show. Barely a bad game in there and a lot of day one buys for me.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If this presentation had been part of E3 it would have made Sony win the show. Barely a bad game in there and a lot of day one buys for me.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Originally I was very uninterested in watching this PS5 event, but decided to watch alongside both Trihex and Maximilian Dood, so two at once. XD

My quick take on it as I need to get to ready for bed is; WTF no date, no price?! Only game announcements which is good if I was only expecting games. Oh and of course there was the console at the end but no info with it other than there's going to be two versions, one with disc drive and the other a digital version with no disc drive as the main difference between them. If the discs are normal sized, both consoles look really tall as the disc mouth is about a third of the total height. Being black and white was expected from the controller reveal. Eh.

Horizon 2 in there was most interesting for me, and as I've been hesitating to play anything, I know what I need to play now, as my copy of the first is sitting around unplayed. XD Liked the look for Ratchet and Demon's Souls too, but only that for now.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Originally I was very uninterested in watching this PS5 event, but decided to watch alongside both Trihex and Maximilian Dood, so two at once. XD

My quick take on it as I need to get to ready for bed is; WTF no date, no price?! Only game announcements which is good if I was only expecting games. Oh and of course there was the console at the end but no info with it other than there's going to be two versions, one with disc drive and the other a digital version with no disc drive as the main difference between them. If the discs are normal sized, both consoles look really tall as the disc mouth is about a third of the total height. Being black and white was expected from the controller reveal. Eh.

Horizon 2 in there was most interesting for me, and as I've been hesitating to play anything, I know what I need to play now, as my copy of the first is sitting around unplayed. XD Liked the look for Ratchet and Demon's Souls too, but only that for now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I made a summary thread for all the games shown today in General Gaming so that way this thread stays focused to the console. Smile

The design of the console is....interesting. I don't hate it though, and I wonder if the digital only one will be cheaper or if they'll cost the same but the digital one will have a bigger SSD. If the digital only one is cheaper it'll be interesting to see the difference in sales between the two.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I made a summary thread for all the games shown today in General Gaming so that way this thread stays focused to the console. Smile

The design of the console is....interesting. I don't hate it though, and I wonder if the digital only one will be cheaper or if they'll cost the same but the digital one will have a bigger SSD. If the digital only one is cheaper it'll be interesting to see the difference in sales between the two.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I just did a brief glimpse of everything if I'm honest I find myself to be less interested as I used too when it comes to consoles. I have my PS4, but frankly most of the time its sitting here collecting dust and I do have some PS4 exclusives and much like the Switch my PC tend to still trump everything in terms of times I play a game on it. The PS5 design is pretty cool, but frankly I'm not really a fan of them getting rid of the disc drive, but in retrospective not like they ever put the damn full game on the disc in the first place. Eh I suspect in the future the PS5 will be the last model to still support DVD/Blu-ray support. (The death of physical media makes me sad. )

Overall I don't think I'm going to be getting this right way and maybe when the next SMT or Persona game come out on PS5 in a few years I'll be interested in picking it up then, but for now I think I'd rather just focus on keeping my PC up to date with the current games being released.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I just did a brief glimpse of everything if I'm honest I find myself to be less interested as I used too when it comes to consoles. I have my PS4, but frankly most of the time its sitting here collecting dust and I do have some PS4 exclusives and much like the Switch my PC tend to still trump everything in terms of times I play a game on it. The PS5 design is pretty cool, but frankly I'm not really a fan of them getting rid of the disc drive, but in retrospective not like they ever put the damn full game on the disc in the first place. Eh I suspect in the future the PS5 will be the last model to still support DVD/Blu-ray support. (The death of physical media makes me sad. )

Overall I don't think I'm going to be getting this right way and maybe when the next SMT or Persona game come out on PS5 in a few years I'll be interested in picking it up then, but for now I think I'd rather just focus on keeping my PC up to date with the current games being released.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt I'll get the system at launch but I will absolutely buy any of the games I want when they release even if I lack the system.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt I'll get the system at launch but I will absolutely buy any of the games I want when they release even if I lack the system.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I think the PS5 meme going around already is hilarious.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I think the PS5 meme going around already is hilarious.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@"sunshine queen" : Ah yes that. ROFL Didn't take long for that to be made, saw it today when I went back to watch what Trihex was talking about after the event, chat posted the link and he put it up. He also found it great. There's another one with a piece of paper (or two) covering mostly around a black router. XD

I would be getting the disc version if and when I get the PS5. The design is OK, find it easier to look at than my PS4 pro, although would still prefer it being black. Thought about lack of price and such a bit more and realised they could be holding back for Xbox to reveal more, which I'm OK with. I'm in no rush to know everything straight away, plus there's still the case of covid too. Yes there's a few games saying they're aiming for the end of this year/Jan 2021, and better to have PS5 out around Xmas too. Who knows though, no one saw this first half of the year happening.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@"sunshine queen" : Ah yes that. ROFL Didn't take long for that to be made, saw it today when I went back to watch what Trihex was talking about after the event, chat posted the link and he put it up. He also found it great. There's another one with a piece of paper (or two) covering mostly around a black router. XD

I would be getting the disc version if and when I get the PS5. The design is OK, find it easier to look at than my PS4 pro, although would still prefer it being black. Thought about lack of price and such a bit more and realised they could be holding back for Xbox to reveal more, which I'm OK with. I'm in no rush to know everything straight away, plus there's still the case of covid too. Yes there's a few games saying they're aiming for the end of this year/Jan 2021, and better to have PS5 out around Xmas too. Who knows though, no one saw this first half of the year happening.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The more I think about it, the more I think the physical disc drive version will sell more units. Anyone who wants to bring their physical PS4 games over to PS5 has to get the disc drive or they'll get no BC with those games, and I don't see the majority of those people forgoing that in favor of digital.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The more I think about it, the more I think the physical disc drive version will sell more units. Anyone who wants to bring their physical PS4 games over to PS5 has to get the disc drive or they'll get no BC with those games, and I don't see the majority of those people forgoing that in favor of digital.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's what PS5 game cases will look like:

I'm in the camp a lot of people are in in that the case should be black or white plastic instead of blue. I don't dislike how it is, I just think it would match the console better.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's what PS5 game cases will look like:

I'm in the camp a lot of people are in in that the case should be black or white plastic instead of blue. I don't dislike how it is, I just think it would match the console better.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not too bothered with blue again. White would've been the new choice as PS2 were black cases, PS3 clear, PS4 blue. Xbox have remained green throughout their four iterations and they're the main competitor. Nintendo have been from GC black, Wii white, Wii U light blue and Switch clear. Maybe they just didn't want it similar to Wii and not do black again? So sticking with blue. Eh, whatever. I kinda prefer associating PS with that blue now anyway, but I wouldn't have minded white or black either.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not too bothered with blue again. White would've been the new choice as PS2 were black cases, PS3 clear, PS4 blue. Xbox have remained green throughout their four iterations and they're the main competitor. Nintendo have been from GC black, Wii white, Wii U light blue and Switch clear. Maybe they just didn't want it similar to Wii and not do black again? So sticking with blue. Eh, whatever. I kinda prefer associating PS with that blue now anyway, but I wouldn't have minded white or black either.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony has finally announced the prices and release dates for the PlayStation 5. The disc version will cost $499.99/£449.99, and the digital version will cost $399.99/£359.99. Both systems will release on November 12 in the US, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 for the rest of the world.

[Image: EiEHauUVgAE2ztQ?format=jpg]

In a blog post made after this announcement, Sony has clarified that all of their first party titles will be priced from $49.99 to $69.99. $70 is definitely going to become the new standard for game prices now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony has finally announced the prices and release dates for the PlayStation 5. The disc version will cost $499.99/£449.99, and the digital version will cost $399.99/£359.99. Both systems will release on November 12 in the US, Japan, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea, and November 19 for the rest of the world.

[Image: EiEHauUVgAE2ztQ?format=jpg]

In a blog post made after this announcement, Sony has clarified that all of their first party titles will be priced from $49.99 to $69.99. $70 is definitely going to become the new standard for game prices now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 688 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,028 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 551 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,515 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,737 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM