I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Yeah we don't really know I'm just assuming the worst just because the whole shortage lacking years seem a bit far fected. Unless your saying the source where they got all the component for their stuff went bankrupt, but I kinda doubt that. Eh
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Yeah we don't really know I'm just assuming the worst just because the whole shortage lacking years seem a bit far fected. Unless your saying the source where they got all the component for their stuff went bankrupt, but I kinda doubt that. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, if we continue down the road of this hypothetical situation, it could honestly be any where. Would it be Sony purposely limiting the amount of PS5s they put out? Or Nvidia purposely limited the amount of components so drive up demand? Or could it be one of the companies who sells a material needed for compenents that is purposely limiting the market?

If it was reality, it could be happening any where down the line, and that's what would make it impossible to figure out, but let's just hope that's not the reason. It's already bad enough people who actually want the system can't get it, but it'd make it even worse if Sony themselves were behind it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, if we continue down the road of this hypothetical situation, it could honestly be any where. Would it be Sony purposely limiting the amount of PS5s they put out? Or Nvidia purposely limited the amount of components so drive up demand? Or could it be one of the companies who sells a material needed for compenents that is purposely limiting the market?

If it was reality, it could be happening any where down the line, and that's what would make it impossible to figure out, but let's just hope that's not the reason. It's already bad enough people who actually want the system can't get it, but it'd make it even worse if Sony themselves were behind it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah there could be a lot of culprits in that line if this hypothetical situation is true, but I also feel like there definitely have been times where company do artificially increase scarcity....like what if the scalpers were people behind the company themselves? Errm

I really hope this isn't what happening, but I do wonder how does artificially increasing demand help them get more money if they can't sell said product to customers unless there some sorta backhand deal going on. Hmm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah there could be a lot of culprits in that line if this hypothetical situation is true, but I also feel like there definitely have been times where company do artificially increase scarcity....like what if the scalpers were people behind the company themselves? Errm

I really hope this isn't what happening, but I do wonder how does artificially increasing demand help them get more money if they can't sell said product to customers unless there some sorta backhand deal going on. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
In argument against Sony making PS5 scarce on purpose, maybe they're making games like Horizon and God of War cross gen because they know there isn't enough PS5's being made to satisfy the current or future demand when those titles drop. @ShiraNoMai said in the GoW thread that maybe the delay for that game is because Sony asked for a PS4 version due to the current shortages.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
In argument against Sony making PS5 scarce on purpose, maybe they're making games like Horizon and God of War cross gen because they know there isn't enough PS5's being made to satisfy the current or future demand when those titles drop. @ShiraNoMai said in the GoW thread that maybe the delay for that game is because Sony asked for a PS4 version due to the current shortages.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like they kept the PS3 alive for quite a while before killing off support so I honestly feel like this is just kinda a version of that. It does feel more appealing nowadays since so many games offer a free PS5 upgrade now.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like they kept the PS3 alive for quite a while before killing off support so I honestly feel like this is just kinda a version of that. It does feel more appealing nowadays since so many games offer a free PS5 upgrade now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 4th, 2021, 12:06 AM)Karo Wrote:
Both that and PS2 had a long life cycle after their successors released, likely because their successors didn't have backwards compatibility. You couldn't buy the successor and play old games you missed out on with it, you had to play them on the hardware they were made for. I'd be interested to see data comparing sales of consoles that have BC to those that don't whenever their successor is released. I would expect to see the non BC consoles last longer.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 4th, 2021, 12:06 AM)Karo Wrote:
Both that and PS2 had a long life cycle after their successors released, likely because their successors didn't have backwards compatibility. You couldn't buy the successor and play old games you missed out on with it, you had to play them on the hardware they were made for. I'd be interested to see data comparing sales of consoles that have BC to those that don't whenever their successor is released. I would expect to see the non BC consoles last longer.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Figured I'd bring this over here, especially since I had wanted to share thoughts on the PS5 menu bar but forgot to back when I tried it out first hand:

(Jun 17th, 2021, 06:11 PM)Karo Wrote:
Playstation 5 like the friend list is in the game bar menu which I guess make sense, but it also feels weird that it relegated to that part of the PS5 while in the PS4 you had your friends tab.
My biggest gripe with the bar menu on PS5 is you can't change the order like you can for the quick access menu on PS4. It also doesn't stay on what you last used but always starts on the same icon every time, unlike PS4, which also irked me. If I recall correctly, you also can't back out of the menu with the PS button either.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Figured I'd bring this over here, especially since I had wanted to share thoughts on the PS5 menu bar but forgot to back when I tried it out first hand:

(Jun 17th, 2021, 06:11 PM)Karo Wrote:
Playstation 5 like the friend list is in the game bar menu which I guess make sense, but it also feels weird that it relegated to that part of the PS5 while in the PS4 you had your friends tab.
My biggest gripe with the bar menu on PS5 is you can't change the order like you can for the quick access menu on PS4. It also doesn't stay on what you last used but always starts on the same icon every time, unlike PS4, which also irked me. If I recall correctly, you also can't back out of the menu with the PS button either.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, I'll have another chance at PS5 today, but it's going to be a very slim chance. PlayStation Direct is having a restock, but I didn't get an email invitation to it, so I have to wait until the que opens up to the public at 4 PM my time, instead of getting into the 2 PM invite-only que.

So hopefully they don't all sell out at the 2 PM one and maybe, just maybe, I can get lucky enough to snatch one at 4 PM. Though I am not expecting to get one at all.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, I'll have another chance at PS5 today, but it's going to be a very slim chance. PlayStation Direct is having a restock, but I didn't get an email invitation to it, so I have to wait until the que opens up to the public at 4 PM my time, instead of getting into the 2 PM invite-only que.

So hopefully they don't all sell out at the 2 PM one and maybe, just maybe, I can get lucky enough to snatch one at 4 PM. Though I am not expecting to get one at all.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to assume you weren't lucky in your quest @Dragon Lord?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm going to assume you weren't lucky in your quest @Dragon Lord?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
nah. i was trying to help him get one too. It was another failed attempt. but I'm not stopping! gonna keep trying to help him!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
nah. i was trying to help him get one too. It was another failed attempt. but I'm not stopping! gonna keep trying to help him!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, we both sat in the que for about 40 minutes, never dipped under "over an hour" left to wait and they sold out about 20-25 minutes after the actual que started. Never even came close to sniffing one. The hunt continues.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, we both sat in the que for about 40 minutes, never dipped under "over an hour" left to wait and they sold out about 20-25 minutes after the actual que started. Never even came close to sniffing one. The hunt continues.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So, Walmart being the genius company they are, sold stock of PS5s they actually didn't have, so now a bunch of people who purchased the Digital Edition PS5 last Thursday are getting FREE upgrades to the Disc version.

So, Walmart didn't put any of the Disc version up for sale on Thursday... but have enough stock of them to upgrade all these people for free because they sold stock of the Digital Edition they didn't have? So Walmart self-confirms that they have PS5 stock they are just sitting on instead of selling. Nice.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So, Walmart being the genius company they are, sold stock of PS5s they actually didn't have, so now a bunch of people who purchased the Digital Edition PS5 last Thursday are getting FREE upgrades to the Disc version.

So, Walmart didn't put any of the Disc version up for sale on Thursday... but have enough stock of them to upgrade all these people for free because they sold stock of the Digital Edition they didn't have? So Walmart self-confirms that they have PS5 stock they are just sitting on instead of selling. Nice.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
You'd think retail companies would actually give a shit about having the correct count for stock that sells for way over $100, especially on electronics but noOoOoO, they let it go wrong and don't check before selling stock they don't have. *sigh*
Sorry your hunt continues on almost hopelessly.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
You'd think retail companies would actually give a shit about having the correct count for stock that sells for way over $100, especially on electronics but noOoOoO, they let it go wrong and don't check before selling stock they don't have. *sigh*
Sorry your hunt continues on almost hopelessly.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is Walmart upgrading them as soon as they get stock of the physical version though, or did everyone get switched to the physical version instantly and got it just as quickly? They might not be sitting on stock but just waiting for it to come in and giving it to the people who missed out on the digital version as it gets delivered.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is Walmart upgrading them as soon as they get stock of the physical version though, or did everyone get switched to the physical version instantly and got it just as quickly? They might not be sitting on stock but just waiting for it to come in and giving it to the people who missed out on the digital version as it gets delivered.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
The dovetail dates didn't change. So they're getting the disc editions on the same day they were getting the digital editions so they had enough stock of both. didn't put any of it up for sale.

If you don't have enough of both, why bother putting only one? save up stock and prevent issues like this. The PR on this is horrible. It tells us they had stock and didn't choose to sell it.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
The dovetail dates didn't change. So they're getting the disc editions on the same day they were getting the digital editions so they had enough stock of both. didn't put any of it up for sale.

If you don't have enough of both, why bother putting only one? save up stock and prevent issues like this. The PR on this is horrible. It tells us they had stock and didn't choose to sell it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 687 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,013 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 550 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,513 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,736 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM