Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I agree with the price point of $400 to $450.. Though tbh, I would like if it was cheaper then that since the Switch's price point is around $300, so it might be under $400 because of Nintendo's pricing. Still; we'll see. *shrug*
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I agree with the price point of $400 to $450.. Though tbh, I would like if it was cheaper then that since the Switch's price point is around $300, so it might be under $400 because of Nintendo's pricing. Still; we'll see. *shrug*
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm voting $450-$500. I do want it to be less, but I'm judging by what the PS4/PS4 Pro released at which was £350, and I expect the PS5 to be higher than that. Plus they don't use the current (at the time) conversion between US/UK, and price UK higher than what it would be I believe.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm voting $450-$500. I do want it to be less, but I'm judging by what the PS4/PS4 Pro released at which was £350, and I expect the PS5 to be higher than that. Plus they don't use the current (at the time) conversion between US/UK, and price UK higher than what it would be I believe.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I forgot the PS4 launched at $399, so yeah that wouldn't surprise me to see this launch at something at or above that standard, especially if they have way more expensive hardware in it, in addition to more expensive controllers; speaking of which, I expect those to go up to Switch Pro Controller prices ($69.99) considering the new tech they intend to put in there as well.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I forgot the PS4 launched at $399, so yeah that wouldn't surprise me to see this launch at something at or above that standard, especially if they have way more expensive hardware in it, in addition to more expensive controllers; speaking of which, I expect those to go up to Switch Pro Controller prices ($69.99) considering the new tech they intend to put in there as well.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
I'm guessing 500+. Considering the backwards ability.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 22nd, 2019, 04:06 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I doubt the BC would add much cost, if any. PS5 running PS4 games is not much different to PS2 running PS1 games; the systems aren't completely different like the PS3 was to other PlayStation systems.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 22nd, 2019, 04:06 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I doubt the BC would add much cost, if any. PS5 running PS4 games is not much different to PS2 running PS1 games; the systems aren't completely different like the PS3 was to other PlayStation systems.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
My husband has the same thought though, but I said the same thing about how if it was backwards compatible that wouldn't be part of the reason for such a price hike. I'd think if it was $500 at launch it was because of what the specs for it is.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
My husband has the same thought though, but I said the same thing about how if it was backwards compatible that wouldn't be part of the reason for such a price hike. I'd think if it was $500 at launch it was because of what the specs for it is.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah queen's right, the parts more than anything will hike the price up. However, they will always try to mitigate raising costs if they can be cheapening it elsewhere, so who knows what they'll remove/take out to do so. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah queen's right, the parts more than anything will hike the price up. However, they will always try to mitigate raising costs if they can be cheapening it elsewhere, so who knows what they'll remove/take out to do so. Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
A bunch of reports have it at $600 on Dec 4th. Idk, at $600 it'd be a hard pass from me for a while. More so since I could upgrade my pc for half that & just play any jrpgs that come to pc; or the Switch (Pro).
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
A bunch of reports have it at $600 on Dec 4th. Idk, at $600 it'd be a hard pass from me for a while. More so since I could upgrade my pc for half that & just play any jrpgs that come to pc; or the Switch (Pro).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
$600?! Also on December 4th, which is AFTER Black Friday? I find that.... really strange. Do you have a source on that, queen? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
$600?! Also on December 4th, which is AFTER Black Friday? I find that.... really strange. Do you have a source on that, queen? Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 28th, 2019, 04:47 AM)ShiraNoSpook Wrote:
Yea; https://gamerant.com/ps5-price-leaked-by...-retailer/ I first heard about it from RGT 85 though.

(I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But, you never know..)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 28th, 2019, 04:47 AM)ShiraNoSpook Wrote:
Yea; https://gamerant.com/ps5-price-leaked-by...-retailer/ I first heard about it from RGT 85 though.

(I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But, you never know..)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Doing a direct conversion of Euros to Dollars would be incorrect to do to guess a price. The PS4 launched at $399.99 in the US and €399.99 in Europe. However, current conversion rates would put it at almost $450 if you converted the Euro price to Dollars. It would be more likely for a €499.99 to be $499.99, rather than $599.99. The PS3 was the same, with both Euros and US Dollars being the same.

I also expect the date would be more in late November, which still qualifies under the Holiday season. December 4th is awfully late and if Microsoft released earlier (notably for Black Friday) then it would be likely to dent PS5 sales to some extent. Maybe not enough that looks like it should matter but from a business standpoint any lost sales matter.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Doing a direct conversion of Euros to Dollars would be incorrect to do to guess a price. The PS4 launched at $399.99 in the US and €399.99 in Europe. However, current conversion rates would put it at almost $450 if you converted the Euro price to Dollars. It would be more likely for a €499.99 to be $499.99, rather than $599.99. The PS3 was the same, with both Euros and US Dollars being the same.

I also expect the date would be more in late November, which still qualifies under the Holiday season. December 4th is awfully late and if Microsoft released earlier (notably for Black Friday) then it would be likely to dent PS5 sales to some extent. Maybe not enough that looks like it should matter but from a business standpoint any lost sales matter.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, you know how it is with the next console generation; every time people are looking for pricing/date & usually most places that 'leak' aren't even close.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, you know how it is with the next console generation; every time people are looking for pricing/date & usually most places that 'leak' aren't even close.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The PlayStation 5 website is live. Not much on it yet but still, maybe it means we'll get to see everything about it soon. Or at least whenever Sony sees what the Series X will cost, since apparently they're waiting on that price announcement to decide their own price.

While we wait though, this animator on YouTube made this sweet concept piece:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The PlayStation 5 website is live. Not much on it yet but still, maybe it means we'll get to see everything about it soon. Or at least whenever Sony sees what the Series X will cost, since apparently they're waiting on that price announcement to decide their own price.

While we wait though, this animator on YouTube made this sweet concept piece:

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Good move on Sony's part. Wait to see how much Microsoft is going to try to rip people off and then go for a price a little under that.

I'd probably throw out a guess that Microsoft is going to go with $600 for the Series X and Sony will settle at $500 themselves. The more hardware that goes into consoles, the more expensive they'll be, and since Microsoft is going to once again try to win the day by putting out the best specs (and probably completely ignore having good exclusives again), I can see them going for $599.

$499 for the PS5 wouldn't be too bad depending on what the launch library looks like. Regardless of the price, I don't see myself buying one for a year or two though. I always wait for a while after a system launches to wait for the library to build up.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Good move on Sony's part. Wait to see how much Microsoft is going to try to rip people off and then go for a price a little under that.

I'd probably throw out a guess that Microsoft is going to go with $600 for the Series X and Sony will settle at $500 themselves. The more hardware that goes into consoles, the more expensive they'll be, and since Microsoft is going to once again try to win the day by putting out the best specs (and probably completely ignore having good exclusives again), I can see them going for $599.

$499 for the PS5 wouldn't be too bad depending on what the launch library looks like. Regardless of the price, I don't see myself buying one for a year or two though. I always wait for a while after a system launches to wait for the library to build up.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I've heard rumors [confirmation?] that the PS5 maybe a 2021 launch due to the on going corona virus outbreak in China.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I've heard rumors [confirmation?] that the PS5 maybe a 2021 launch due to the on going corona virus outbreak in China.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 686 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,010 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 550 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,513 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,736 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM