Video Share
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I haven't watched this entire thing, but I did see a small clip of it which is what led me to discovering this exists. So there's this really, really bad bootleg version of Star Wars Episode III that has Chinese-to-English subtitles, and someone dubbed the entire thing:

If you don't want to deal with that whole video and just want a brief glimpse of some of the stuff from it, this is the clip I initially saw: https://www.reddit.com/r/PrequelMemes/co...a_pirated/
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I haven't watched this entire thing, but I did see a small clip of it which is what led me to discovering this exists. So there's this really, really bad bootleg version of Star Wars Episode III that has Chinese-to-English subtitles, and someone dubbed the entire thing:

If you don't want to deal with that whole video and just want a brief glimpse of some of the stuff from it, this is the clip I initially saw: https://www.reddit.com/r/PrequelMemes/co...a_pirated/
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh, OH it is the entire movie, thought perhaps it would only be dialogue with action and non-dialogue moments cut out so yeah I went with watching the clip version. Ah, direct translation is always brilliant. LOL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh, OH it is the entire movie, thought perhaps it would only be dialogue with action and non-dialogue moments cut out so yeah I went with watching the clip version. Ah, direct translation is always brilliant. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Obi Wan saying "-sigh- I was old." idk why cracks me up so much XD

Saw this a week ago and forgot to share. It's wild how accents evolve and differentiate from each other, especially so when you learn that our "southern/country" accent comes from British accents LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Obi Wan saying "-sigh- I was old." idk why cracks me up so much XD

Saw this a week ago and forgot to share. It's wild how accents evolve and differentiate from each other, especially so when you learn that our "southern/country" accent comes from British accents LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm watching Food Wars right now and a moment in the episode reminded me of this super old video that @ShiraNoMai had somehow never seen or heard of before which surprised me. Gasp

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm watching Food Wars right now and a moment in the episode reminded me of this super old video that @ShiraNoMai had somehow never seen or heard of before which surprised me. Gasp

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I'm surprised I hadn't either, that video goes pretty hard XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I'm surprised I hadn't either, that video goes pretty hard XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

So apparently this blew up on social media recently when someone discovered that in Chile they placed ads within Star Wars because they didn't want to do ad breaks or something like that, and the video above is the result.

It's also what my entry in the Finish The Game Dialogue #5 contest is referring to for anyone who sees that. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

So apparently this blew up on social media recently when someone discovered that in Chile they placed ads within Star Wars because they didn't want to do ad breaks or something like that, and the video above is the result.

It's also what my entry in the Finish The Game Dialogue #5 contest is referring to for anyone who sees that. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

Ah, from the days when Youtube had 240p, and you appreciated that. Seriously, though, this is an epic cover of a difficult song. I already know this song sucks to play on guitar, and I don't want to think about the string skipping sections on a goddamn violin. Hats off to the player, and goddamn does it sound incredible.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

Ah, from the days when Youtube had 240p, and you appreciated that. Seriously, though, this is an epic cover of a difficult song. I already know this song sucks to play on guitar, and I don't want to think about the string skipping sections on a goddamn violin. Hats off to the player, and goddamn does it sound incredible.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I don't really recall how the original version goes but I could still hear/see how impressive and tough that was just watching his hand that wasn't holding whatever the stick is called. Tongue
I wonder whether the guy made a career out of that or not since he never uploaded anything since that video was posted 16 years ago. Hmm

Speaking of videos posted a very long time ago, I forget how but I got reminded of this absolutely massive blunder that Channel 5 had in the UK where a particular ad was very poorly placed right after an ad for a Whitney Houston documentary:

I don't think any ad placement in history could be worse than this one is, and somehow the incident isn't mentioned on the Wikipedia pages for either Channel 5 or Wonga.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I don't really recall how the original version goes but I could still hear/see how impressive and tough that was just watching his hand that wasn't holding whatever the stick is called. Tongue
I wonder whether the guy made a career out of that or not since he never uploaded anything since that video was posted 16 years ago. Hmm

Speaking of videos posted a very long time ago, I forget how but I got reminded of this absolutely massive blunder that Channel 5 had in the UK where a particular ad was very poorly placed right after an ad for a Whitney Houston documentary:

I don't think any ad placement in history could be worse than this one is, and somehow the incident isn't mentioned on the Wikipedia pages for either Channel 5 or Wonga.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
That is absolutely terrible juxtaposition, but I think it never made it to Wikipedia because it was a one-off. If that happened repeatedly, then we'd see an entry about it on Wikipedia.

The "stick" is called a bow. And also, you were watching the EASY part! No, seriously, the easy part is the frettings. The hard part is actually hitting the strings, because the song uses a technique called String Skipping, which is exactly what it sounds like: skipping over a string to hit another. But in this case, it goes so fast that, on guitars, you have to use a technique called "Hybrid Picking", where you are both picking and strumming with a finger at the same time. On a violin, though? You can't do shit about that; you're stuck with the bow, have fun! So, the parts like 0:27-0:31 and 0:35-0:45 are UNREASONABLY difficult, I can only imagine, and he makes them look easy!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
That is absolutely terrible juxtaposition, but I think it never made it to Wikipedia because it was a one-off. If that happened repeatedly, then we'd see an entry about it on Wikipedia.

The "stick" is called a bow. And also, you were watching the EASY part! No, seriously, the easy part is the frettings. The hard part is actually hitting the strings, because the song uses a technique called String Skipping, which is exactly what it sounds like: skipping over a string to hit another. But in this case, it goes so fast that, on guitars, you have to use a technique called "Hybrid Picking", where you are both picking and strumming with a finger at the same time. On a violin, though? You can't do shit about that; you're stuck with the bow, have fun! So, the parts like 0:27-0:31 and 0:35-0:45 are UNREASONABLY difficult, I can only imagine, and he makes them look easy!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Eric Johnson is a legend, I love Cliffs of Dover. Fantastic violin rendition, holy shit.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Eric Johnson is a legend, I love Cliffs of Dover. Fantastic violin rendition, holy shit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share/Learn a Random Fact Moonface 86 12,545 Apr 14th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Share Your Own Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 112 Mar 8th, 2024, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Moonface