Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For those interested, here's everything Toys For Bob have shown for Spyro since my last post:
Also, the PVC statue of Spyro by First 4 Figures is now up for pre-order, and costs $99. Anyone besides myself getting it? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For those interested, here's everything Toys For Bob have shown for Spyro since my last post:
Also, the PVC statue of Spyro by First 4 Figures is now up for pre-order, and costs $99. Anyone besides myself getting it? Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spyro Reignited Trilogy Launch Trailer
It won't be long now until Spyro arrives hotter than ever on PS4 and Xbox One for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spyro Reignited Trilogy Launch Trailer
It won't be long now until Spyro arrives hotter than ever on PS4 and Xbox One for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've completed Spyro 1 and close to completing Spyro 2. So far I have to say TFB have done a great job with this trilogy, although I'm cautious about 3 because apparently most of that game was done by Sanzaru, and is also the one I'm reading the most glitches for.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've completed Spyro 1 and close to completing Spyro 2. So far I have to say TFB have done a great job with this trilogy, although I'm cautious about 3 because apparently most of that game was done by Sanzaru, and is also the one I'm reading the most glitches for.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I beat the first game pretty quickly (6 or so hours), and started Ripto's Rage tonight, which I'll probably take a little slower. I'm really enjoying the remakes so far. Graphics are really pretty. My only complaint about the games so far is that while the controls are vastly improved over the originals, they're still not that great. I was expecting much more polished controls and they're just lacking.

Also they were really stupid in making flying levels/super flight have automatic inverted vertical camera. No one in their right mind plays with inverted camera. They should have made it so that the camera stays as whatever control type you have set. It becomes even more mind boggling with horizontal camera controls stay normal during those times. Forcing a change to one of the camera controls is just stupid. Really disappointing seeing them make such a bad and pointless decision in the mechanics like that.

Overall I'd give the remakes (so far) an 8/10. Minus 2 points for the above issues I talked about, but overall very solid remakes that stay true to the original games very well. Just needed some more time for polishing.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I beat the first game pretty quickly (6 or so hours), and started Ripto's Rage tonight, which I'll probably take a little slower. I'm really enjoying the remakes so far. Graphics are really pretty. My only complaint about the games so far is that while the controls are vastly improved over the originals, they're still not that great. I was expecting much more polished controls and they're just lacking.

Also they were really stupid in making flying levels/super flight have automatic inverted vertical camera. No one in their right mind plays with inverted camera. They should have made it so that the camera stays as whatever control type you have set. It becomes even more mind boggling with horizontal camera controls stay normal during those times. Forcing a change to one of the camera controls is just stupid. Really disappointing seeing them make such a bad and pointless decision in the mechanics like that.

Overall I'd give the remakes (so far) an 8/10. Minus 2 points for the above issues I talked about, but overall very solid remakes that stay true to the original games very well. Just needed some more time for polishing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, flying and swimming should not have inverted controls. You can get used to it but it always takes me a moment to remember it when I enter a flight level.

Started 3 last night and so far it's obvious this one isn't finished. The camera sticks for a few seconds after finishing dialogue with a character, input on dialogue boxes such as picking an option is laggy, and they ruined the mini boss in Seashell Shore and the Spike boss fight. Skateboarding is also mind boggling with what does and doesn't cause you to wipe out. I went straight into a wall and got bounced off, but went onto a ramp at a slight angle and instantly crashed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, flying and swimming should not have inverted controls. You can get used to it but it always takes me a moment to remember it when I enter a flight level.

Started 3 last night and so far it's obvious this one isn't finished. The camera sticks for a few seconds after finishing dialogue with a character, input on dialogue boxes such as picking an option is laggy, and they ruined the mini boss in Seashell Shore and the Spike boss fight. Skateboarding is also mind boggling with what does and doesn't cause you to wipe out. I went straight into a wall and got bounced off, but went onto a ramp at a slight angle and instantly crashed.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yikes.

I could already tell that Spyro 2 was rushed, but seems 3 was just not finished. I encountered one instance of soft locking in Spyro 2, plus I noticed a lot of other little twitches in the camera and stuff like that.

One thing I'm really annoyed at with the controls is how sometimes when you charge, Spyro will just go off to the left or right when you're not even tilting that direction on the analog stick and you have your camera facing directly in front of you.

I've also encountered the issue of not being able to turn around a bend when supercharging, which becomes really annoying when it happens in a spot that doesn't have anything to land on underneath.

It's a shame. This remake trilogy could have been godly, and the first game was. But unfortunately you can tell that the second and third games (according to what you've said) have suffered some pretty heavy quality issues.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yikes.

I could already tell that Spyro 2 was rushed, but seems 3 was just not finished. I encountered one instance of soft locking in Spyro 2, plus I noticed a lot of other little twitches in the camera and stuff like that.

One thing I'm really annoyed at with the controls is how sometimes when you charge, Spyro will just go off to the left or right when you're not even tilting that direction on the analog stick and you have your camera facing directly in front of you.

I've also encountered the issue of not being able to turn around a bend when supercharging, which becomes really annoying when it happens in a spot that doesn't have anything to land on underneath.

It's a shame. This remake trilogy could have been godly, and the first game was. But unfortunately you can tell that the second and third games (according to what you've said) have suffered some pretty heavy quality issues.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I finished Spyro 3 and got every trophy, so I'm finished with the trilogy now. Spyro 1 is the best of the three, and Spyro 3 is the worst. Most levels in Evening Lake and Midnight Mountain suffered from horrific frame rate problems when I played them to the point I had flashbacks to the nightmare that was Enter the Dragonfly. I actually think the original Spyro 3 might be better than the remake in just about every regard except for visuals.

Overall, this trilogy was released too soon. It needed to be delayed until some point in 2019.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I finished Spyro 3 and got every trophy, so I'm finished with the trilogy now. Spyro 1 is the best of the three, and Spyro 3 is the worst. Most levels in Evening Lake and Midnight Mountain suffered from horrific frame rate problems when I played them to the point I had flashbacks to the nightmare that was Enter the Dragonfly. I actually think the original Spyro 3 might be better than the remake in just about every regard except for visuals.

Overall, this trilogy was released too soon. It needed to be delayed until some point in 2019.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I'm working my way through this and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm almost done with the first game, and was really looking forward to 2 and 3 but seems like I have to lower my expectations xD
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I'm working my way through this and I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm almost done with the first game, and was really looking forward to 2 and 3 but seems like I have to lower my expectations xD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
2 was fine and didn't have anything that made me feel it needed more work, unlike 3. Go into that one expecting it to feel less polished and it won't feel such a nasty surprise. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
2 was fine and didn't have anything that made me feel it needed more work, unlike 3. Go into that one expecting it to feel less polished and it won't feel such a nasty surprise. Wink
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Spyro 2 has some frame dropping and there was once instance I encountered a soft lock. It's not too terrible, but there are definitely some issues you should be aware of so that they don't catch you by complete surprise if you happen to encounter one.

I haven't gotten around to Spyro 3 myself yet (been busy trying to finish the platinum for Star Ocean 3), so all I have to go off of is what Moon has said about it. As he said, just go into it with lower expectations and everything will (hopefully) turn out all right.

Also if you're going for all trophies, be prepared to be possibly irritated by a trophy against a certain boss in Spyro 2.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Spyro 2 has some frame dropping and there was once instance I encountered a soft lock. It's not too terrible, but there are definitely some issues you should be aware of so that they don't catch you by complete surprise if you happen to encounter one.

I haven't gotten around to Spyro 3 myself yet (been busy trying to finish the platinum for Star Ocean 3), so all I have to go off of is what Moon has said about it. As he said, just go into it with lower expectations and everything will (hopefully) turn out all right.

Also if you're going for all trophies, be prepared to be possibly irritated by a trophy against a certain boss in Spyro 2.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 9th, 2018, 05:30 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I won't lie, I hated that trophy so much I just grabbed the infinite super flame and did it with that. Cheap but I'm not sacrificing my enjoyment of a game just to brag about some meaningless way of getting a trophy.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 9th, 2018, 05:30 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I won't lie, I hated that trophy so much I just grabbed the infinite super flame and did it with that. Cheap but I'm not sacrificing my enjoyment of a game just to brag about some meaningless way of getting a trophy.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I ended up doing it the "legit" way, mainly because I completely forgot about the super flame. The only thing that made it difficult is that it seems like his charge has a really stupid hit box, and even though it looks like you avoided it, you still get hit, and then at that point all that gets dropped in is chickens.

It's almost impossible to beat him at that point because he'll be healing 3-4 HP for every 1 point of damage you do to him (unless you get SUPER lucky on what gets dropped).

If it wasn't for the derpy hitbox of his charge, it wouldn't have been so bad. Also the fact that, from my battles with him, he sometimes kind of gets stuck on nothing, and that completely changes the angle of his slam, which can make it impossible to dodge it.

It wasn't a hard trophy to get, but just a very annoying one.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I ended up doing it the "legit" way, mainly because I completely forgot about the super flame. The only thing that made it difficult is that it seems like his charge has a really stupid hit box, and even though it looks like you avoided it, you still get hit, and then at that point all that gets dropped in is chickens.

It's almost impossible to beat him at that point because he'll be healing 3-4 HP for every 1 point of damage you do to him (unless you get SUPER lucky on what gets dropped).

If it wasn't for the derpy hitbox of his charge, it wouldn't have been so bad. Also the fact that, from my battles with him, he sometimes kind of gets stuck on nothing, and that completely changes the angle of his slam, which can make it impossible to dodge it.

It wasn't a hard trophy to get, but just a very annoying one.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I hate to double post, but I just encountered a humorous little glitch in Spyro 3 that actually benefited me.

I was doing the Cat Hockey mini-game, and while trying to freeze a cat, my opponent got caught in my freeze breath. He was next to the wall at the time. This apparently caused him to glitch out and get stuck up on the wall of the ice rink, making it impossible for him to actually do anything. So it ended up being an easy win for me.

Thanks TFB for not taking the time to make sure Spyro 3 was polished.

So I'm at the end of Spyro 3 now (just a few levels + final boss to do), and... yikes. This is a mess.

Here's my rating for the trilogy: 2/10

10 points for the first game. Fantastic, made me think this trilogy was going to be something special.

-3 points for the second game. Beginning of the issues and where you start to see that the work on this trilogy stopped at the first game.

-5 points for the third game. What did they actually spend the time/money on? Because it wasn't developing this game.

Shame about this trilogy. The first game was actually fantastic, and made it seem like this trilogy was going to be everything Spyro fans wanted, but apparently they decided to give up on actually trying after that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I hate to double post, but I just encountered a humorous little glitch in Spyro 3 that actually benefited me.

I was doing the Cat Hockey mini-game, and while trying to freeze a cat, my opponent got caught in my freeze breath. He was next to the wall at the time. This apparently caused him to glitch out and get stuck up on the wall of the ice rink, making it impossible for him to actually do anything. So it ended up being an easy win for me.

So I'm at the end of Spyro 3 now (just a few levels + final boss to do), and... yikes. This is a mess.

Here's my rating for the trilogy: 2/10

10 points for the first game. Fantastic, made me think this trilogy was going to be something special.

-3 points for the second game. Beginning of the issues and where you start to see that the work on this trilogy stopped at the first game.

-5 points for the third game. What did they actually spend the time/money on? Because it wasn't developing this game.

Shame about this trilogy. The first game was actually fantastic, and made it seem like this trilogy was going to be everything Spyro fans wanted, but apparently they decided to give up on actually trying after that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 12th, 2018, 06:40 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
This was what made me stop caring to do it without super flame. There was just no consistency with why I would get caught by his slam attack, and once you take damage you can't get the trophy and you can't go for the skill point either because to stop the chickens dropping you have to kill one to get your health back up so they stop, so the whole fight is over the second you get hit. Eh

(Dec 14th, 2018, 07:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Toys for Bob didn't work on the third game. It was outsourced to Sanzaru Games, clearly because there wasn't enough time for TfB to work on it before release. It seems they just barely had time to get Spyro 2 polished up, and 3 was just never given the resources it needed. There is evidence of what happens when you push a Spyro game out the door just to get a holiday release, and Activision chose to ignore that for the sake of money. At best they should have allowed digital owners to get Spyro 1 as it was finished, then push the others out as they're done then toss the whole thing out physically at the end, if there had to be an option of getting something out before the whole thing was finished.

Activision saw they could make money just by the name and hype alone and ran with it. I won't be surprised if they don't even bother to patch up the glitches in the game, let alone patch it up into the state it should have been in to call it actually finished.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 12th, 2018, 06:40 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
This was what made me stop caring to do it without super flame. There was just no consistency with why I would get caught by his slam attack, and once you take damage you can't get the trophy and you can't go for the skill point either because to stop the chickens dropping you have to kill one to get your health back up so they stop, so the whole fight is over the second you get hit. Eh

(Dec 14th, 2018, 07:01 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Toys for Bob didn't work on the third game. It was outsourced to Sanzaru Games, clearly because there wasn't enough time for TfB to work on it before release. It seems they just barely had time to get Spyro 2 polished up, and 3 was just never given the resources it needed. There is evidence of what happens when you push a Spyro game out the door just to get a holiday release, and Activision chose to ignore that for the sake of money. At best they should have allowed digital owners to get Spyro 1 as it was finished, then push the others out as they're done then toss the whole thing out physically at the end, if there had to be an option of getting something out before the whole thing was finished.

Activision saw they could make money just by the name and hype alone and ran with it. I won't be surprised if they don't even bother to patch up the glitches in the game, let alone patch it up into the state it should have been in to call it actually finished.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just finished up the Spyro 3 platinum. Boy am I glad to be done with this game. Which makes me sad to say, because I wanted it to be so good, but instead I was just like, "God I can't wait for this crap to be over."

At least it was an easy platinum, at the very least. Need to find one good thing about it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Just finished up the Spyro 3 platinum. Boy am I glad to be done with this game. Which makes me sad to say, because I wanted it to be so good, but instead I was just like, "God I can't wait for this crap to be over."

At least it was an easy platinum, at the very least. Need to find one good thing about it.