Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Developer: Toys for Bob
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release Date: September 21st, 2018

Spyro's back and he's all scaled up! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with the original three games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory. Because when there’s a realm that needs saving, there’s only one dragon to call.

The Adventure So Far...

Levels Shown So Far...
  • Artisans
  • Dark Hollow
  • Stone Hill
  • Town Square
  • Toasty
  • Peace Keepers
  • Dry Canyon
  • Ice Cavern
  • Magic Crafters
  • High Caves
  • Blow Hard
  • Beast Makers
  • Tree Tops
  • Misty Bog
  • Dream Weavers
  • Lofty Castle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Developer: Toys for Bob
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release Date: September 21st, 2018

Spyro's back and he's all scaled up! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with the original three games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory. Because when there’s a realm that needs saving, there’s only one dragon to call.

The Adventure So Far...

Levels Shown So Far...
  • Artisans
  • Dark Hollow
  • Stone Hill
  • Town Square
  • Toasty
  • Peace Keepers
  • Dry Canyon
  • Ice Cavern
  • Magic Crafters
  • High Caves
  • Blow Hard
  • Beast Makers
  • Tree Tops
  • Misty Bog
  • Dream Weavers
  • Lofty Castle
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh my god, they just tweeted out part of the official cover art! Wow

Also, this screenshot they also recently showed from Tree Tops is gorgeous! OwO

[Image: DfHHJH3UcAANYYZ.jpg:large]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh my god, they just tweeted out part of the official cover art! Wow

Also, this screenshot they also recently showed from Tree Tops is gorgeous! OwO

[Image: DfHHJH3UcAANYYZ.jpg:large]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They released some gameplay footage during E3 2018, too, of Toasty and Treetops. It looks really nice! :

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They released some gameplay footage during E3 2018, too, of Toasty and Treetops. It looks really nice! :

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can already see the changes they've been making, as Toasty has a new skybox now compared to the original reveal. These two levels look awesome and I hope we see something new during one of the conferences yet to come.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can already see the changes they've been making, as Toasty has a new skybox now compared to the original reveal. These two levels look awesome and I hope we see something new during one of the conferences yet to come.
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I think that Spyro Reignited, looks really cool! I'm glad that Toys for Bob is trying to re-create it, the way it originally was. (If you ask me, them touching Spyro, and turning it into Skylanders, is just a mess.)
So it's nice to see that they haven't really messed anything up.. yet! I am a little disappointed that they re-did the music, to their own tune. Like it's still the same beat as the original, but they re-worked it a bit.

Other than that, it looks really cool, and I love how the graphics came out!

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I think that Spyro Reignited, looks really cool! I'm glad that Toys for Bob is trying to re-create it, the way it originally was. (If you ask me, them touching Spyro, and turning it into Skylanders, is just a mess.)
So it's nice to see that they haven't really messed anything up.. yet! I am a little disappointed that they re-did the music, to their own tune. Like it's still the same beat as the original, but they re-worked it a bit.

Other than that, it looks really cool, and I love how the graphics came out!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As much as I liked seeing the gameplay footage, the guy playing Spyro couldn't control speed, jumps and flight well. D= Still, everything's looking good. :3

Liking how they've gone similar to Crash N. Sane with the background, having different parts of the trilogy behind Spyro for the cover art.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As much as I liked seeing the gameplay footage, the guy playing Spyro couldn't control speed, jumps and flight well. D= Still, everything's looking good. :3

Liking how they've gone similar to Crash N. Sane with the background, having different parts of the trilogy behind Spyro for the cover art.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2018: Spyro Reignited Gameplay
IGN have released better footage of the earlier gameplay that was posted.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2018: Spyro Reignited Gameplay
IGN have released better footage of the earlier gameplay that was posted.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Game is looking pretty smooth. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks.

Is it just me or did they make those flying stages a little easier? Like when they fell trying to get that golden chest and ended up barely landing on safe land. From what I remember (and I may be remembering wrong, it's been almost 20 years since I played these games), if you fell during any point of those stages, you were done. Unless you were on the train tracks (though I don't remember if you could land at all in these stages or if you were always flying unless you hit a wall and fell).

Someone will have to refresh my memory on that. Because if I am remember correctly, and they did make those stages a little safer like that, I'm a tad disappointed.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Game is looking pretty smooth. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks.

Is it just me or did they make those flying stages a little easier? Like when they fell trying to get that golden chest and ended up barely landing on safe land. From what I remember (and I may be remembering wrong, it's been almost 20 years since I played these games), if you fell during any point of those stages, you were done. Unless you were on the train tracks (though I don't remember if you could land at all in these stages or if you were always flying unless you hit a wall and fell).

Someone will have to refresh my memory on that. Because if I am remember correctly, and they did make those stages a little safer like that, I'm a tad disappointed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2018, 07:17 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Spyro could land anywhere in a speedway level so long as it wasn't liquid. It became more prominent in Spyro 2 when they added NPC's to the speedway levels that could be spoken to for secret orb challenges.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 13th, 2018, 07:17 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Spyro could land anywhere in a speedway level so long as it wasn't liquid. It became more prominent in Spyro 2 when they added NPC's to the speedway levels that could be spoken to for secret orb challenges.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lofty Castle and Cliff Town Footage
Although brief, new footage has been released of Lofty Castle and Cliff Town, showing a before and after comparison.

Cliff Town looks fine. Lofty Castle does not simply because the colours are vastly different and don't convey the feel the level originally had. It needs to have more pastel tones and the stone needs to be changed back to sandstone.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lofty Castle and Cliff Town Footage
Although brief, new footage has been released of Lofty Castle and Cliff Town, showing a before and after comparison.

Cliff Town looks fine. Lofty Castle does not simply because the colours are vastly different and don't convey the feel the level originally had. It needs to have more pastel tones and the stone needs to be changed back to sandstone.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First Image of Gnasty Gnorc
The official Spyro The Dragon Twitter account has shown us the first in-game image of Gnasty Gnorc.

I like the look of him, however I'm hoping his final boss fight isn't him running away without fighting back still because I think it would contradict the look of his character now if he is always that fierce looking.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First Image of Gnasty Gnorc
The official Spyro The Dragon Twitter account has shown us the first in-game image of Gnasty Gnorc.

I like the look of him, however I'm hoping his final boss fight isn't him running away without fighting back still because I think it would contradict the look of his character now if he is always that fierce looking.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In the spirit of the 4th of July festivities, the Spyro page have given us an explosive treat by showing us what the fireworks chest appears as in the Reignited Trilogy:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In the spirit of the 4th of July festivities, the Spyro page have given us an explosive treat by showing us what the fireworks chest appears as in the Reignited Trilogy:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, Gnasty Gnorc looks great. I never faced him as a boss, so didn't know he'd run away. Hope that changes then too.

Good little way to celebrate yesterday with the new game there.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, Gnasty Gnorc looks great. I never faced him as a boss, so didn't know he'd run away. Hope that changes then too.

Good little way to celebrate yesterday with the new game there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Gnasty Gnorc's battle is him on a platform out of reach firing at you, while you chase down two thieves to collect keys to unlock the path to his platform. When you reach him he then runs away and you have to flame him when he stops. He then runs again down a hallway with retracting platforms over lava and at the end you flame him again and defeat him.

It's a very underwhelming boss. Same also applies to the fights against The Sorceress in Spyro 3.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Gnasty Gnorc's battle is him on a platform out of reach firing at you, while you chase down two thieves to collect keys to unlock the path to his platform. When you reach him he then runs away and you have to flame him when he stops. He then runs again down a hallway with retracting platforms over lava and at the end you flame him again and defeat him.

It's a very underwhelming boss. Same also applies to the fights against The Sorceress in Spyro 3.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
But I think the point of the fight against him is that he acts like this big tough boss, but when you finally get to him and he has to confront you, his true colors show him for the coward he is and he tries to run. I like the battle for that purpose. He acts tough when he's able to shoot at you from a safe distance without you being able to get to him, but when you do he runs for his life like the little bitch he is.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
But I think the point of the fight against him is that he acts like this big tough boss, but when you finally get to him and he has to confront you, his true colors show him for the coward he is and he tries to run. I like the battle for that purpose. He acts tough when he's able to shoot at you from a safe distance without you being able to get to him, but when you do he runs for his life like the little bitch he is.