Hollow Knight (Series) | Silksong Coming to PlayStation Platforms
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Explore a vast, haunted kingdom in Hollow Knight: Silksong, the sequel to the award winning action-adventure! Discover enchanting secrets and face foes in lethal, acrobatic combat as you ascend to the peak of a land ruled by silk and song.

Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the epic action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.

Anyone else a fan of the original Hollow Knight game and/or looking forward to the upcoming sequel? I hadn't played Hollow Knight until earlier today and I'm really enjoying it so far! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Explore a vast, haunted kingdom in Hollow Knight: Silksong, the sequel to the award winning action-adventure! Discover enchanting secrets and face foes in lethal, acrobatic combat as you ascend to the peak of a land ruled by silk and song.

Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the epic action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.

Anyone else a fan of the original Hollow Knight game and/or looking forward to the upcoming sequel? I hadn't played Hollow Knight until earlier today and I'm really enjoying it so far! Grin
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HOLLOW KNIGHT. My favorite genre is Metroidvania and this game just does it all the right way. Difficulty, movement, exploration, variety. Hell, there's even a story is you care, whish I didn't and it wasn't needed.

Ughhhhh I can't wait for Silksong.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HOLLOW KNIGHT. My favorite genre is Metroidvania and this game just does it all the right way. Difficulty, movement, exploration, variety. Hell, there's even a story is you care, whish I didn't and it wasn't needed.

Ughhhhh I can't wait for Silksong.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't played Hollow Knight yet, but I agree that it's an amazing game. I look forward to getting around to it eventually.

I'd be more excited about the sequel announcement if it came with a PS4 announcement. I'll wait to get too excited until that (hopefully) happens. If that time never comes, I can just get it on Steam, but I'd vastly prefer to play it on my PS4 instead.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't played Hollow Knight yet, but I agree that it's an amazing game. I look forward to getting around to it eventually.

I'd be more excited about the sequel announcement if it came with a PS4 announcement. I'll wait to get too excited until that (hopefully) happens. If that time never comes, I can just get it on Steam, but I'd vastly prefer to play it on my PS4 instead.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's weird they didn't announce Silksong for Xbox and PS4 considering Hollow Knight is on those platforms. Then again the original was released later on those platforms so maybe they're just taking the same approach this time, unless it sold badly on PS4 and Xbox to turn them away from the platform (although I doubt that's the case).

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's weird they didn't announce Silksong for Xbox and PS4 considering Hollow Knight is on those platforms. Then again the original was released later on those platforms so maybe they're just taking the same approach this time, unless it sold badly on PS4 and Xbox to turn them away from the platform (although I doubt that's the case).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm sure it'll definitely come to both of those platforms, but it may be going through some exclusivity deals with Nintendo to get console rights first (which it may have also done the first time around as well, considering it came to Switch first followed by PS4/XBO in the coming months).

Hollow Knight is amazing though and it's been fun watching Moony get through the rest of the game that I hadn't finished myself. So happy the team decided to make a sequel for it, so soon! ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm sure it'll definitely come to both of those platforms, but it may be going through some exclusivity deals with Nintendo to get console rights first (which it may have also done the first time around as well, considering it came to Switch first followed by PS4/XBO in the coming months).

Hollow Knight is amazing though and it's been fun watching Moony get through the rest of the game that I hadn't finished myself. So happy the team decided to make a sequel for it, so soon! ^_^
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Good news for you Hollow Knight fans who were looking forward to the physical release of Hollow Knight, only to be disappointed by the cancellation. Fan Gamer have announced they are releasing Hollow Knight physically for PS4, Switch and PC. and it comes complete with a Collector's Edition. The CE will be available for PS4 and PC for $64, while the Switch version will cost a tad more at $69. 

There are also standard editions available for anyone who doesn't want to spend on the CE. All standard copies come with a Manual and a fold-out map. The SE is $29 for PS4 and PC, while the Switch version once again sees a small price bump up to $34.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Good news for you Hollow Knight fans who were looking forward to the physical release of Hollow Knight, only to be disappointed by the cancellation. Fan Gamer have announced they are releasing Hollow Knight physically for PS4, Switch and PC. and it comes complete with a Collector's Edition. The CE will be available for PS4 and PC for $64, while the Switch version will cost a tad more at $69. 

There are also standard editions available for anyone who doesn't want to spend on the CE. All standard copies come with a Manual and a fold-out map. The SE is $29 for PS4 and PC, while the Switch version once again sees a small price bump up to $34.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just saw this and was going to post it. I did only just recently buy the game digitally for Switch, but I really wouldn't mind double dipping with this just to support Team Cherry.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just saw this and was going to post it. I did only just recently buy the game digitally for Switch, but I really wouldn't mind double dipping with this just to support Team Cherry.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm slightly annoyed that I bought the game on PS4 digitally after the cancellation of the first physical release, only to have another physical release pop up a month after. I mean, I should have known it was going to happen (and I told Monocle that it probably would after I bought it digitally).

Either way, I'm 100% picking up a physical copy of this for PS4. I won't go for the CE though, since there is a lack of a soundtrack CD and that is a major deal-breaker for me in Collector's Editions. I'll happily pick up one of the standard copies though.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm slightly annoyed that I bought the game on PS4 digitally after the cancellation of the first physical release, only to have another physical release pop up a month after. I mean, I should have known it was going to happen (and I told Monocle that it probably would after I bought it digitally).

Either way, I'm 100% picking up a physical copy of this for PS4. I won't go for the CE though, since there is a lack of a soundtrack CD and that is a major deal-breaker for me in Collector's Editions. I'll happily pick up one of the standard copies though.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2019: Hollow Knight: Silksong Gameplay
Nintendo Treehouse spent twenty minutes playing Hollow Knight: Silksong, which you can watch below:

As pointed out by the Nintendo rep, I love the use of instruments for the environment and enemy designs and how that goes toward explaining the term "song" in the game title. Healing is basically instant now too, which I like but I bet they make bosses a lot harder and faster as a result of that, otherwise everything would feel easier than Hollow Knight. I wonder if abilities can be recharged without needing a bench by using a badge or if the only perks you get are cheaper costs.

I'm really glad they put out this gameplay though because it gave me a better idea of how similar yet different it is to Hollow Knight. Looking more forward to when this game releases now! Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
E3 2019: Hollow Knight: Silksong Gameplay
Nintendo Treehouse spent twenty minutes playing Hollow Knight: Silksong, which you can watch below:

As pointed out by the Nintendo rep, I love the use of instruments for the environment and enemy designs and how that goes toward explaining the term "song" in the game title. Healing is basically instant now too, which I like but I bet they make bosses a lot harder and faster as a result of that, otherwise everything would feel easier than Hollow Knight. I wonder if abilities can be recharged without needing a bench by using a badge or if the only perks you get are cheaper costs.

I'm really glad they put out this gameplay though because it gave me a better idea of how similar yet different it is to Hollow Knight. Looking more forward to when this game releases now! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
From what I caught of it, it seems pretty neat! I thought the combat, while very reminiscent of the combat in Hollow Knight, was still varied and different enough that it feels like a different experience to play. It seems like it's still a ways off from being finished, so I wonder when this will actually release? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
From what I caught of it, it seems pretty neat! I thought the combat, while very reminiscent of the combat in Hollow Knight, was still varied and different enough that it feels like a different experience to play. It seems like it's still a ways off from being finished, so I wonder when this will actually release? Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 16th, 2019, 10:23 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It seems like it's still a ways off from being finished, so I wonder when this will actually release? Hmm
Really? It seemed to look like development is coming along pretty well, considering the opening is more or less complete, and even has cutscenes. I doubt it would be outside of 2020 for a release. Which I guess if you go for the later half could be a ways off, but in relation to how far off a release date is for most games that get announced, just over a year isn't that much.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It seems like it's still a ways off from being finished, so I wonder when this will actually release? Hmm
Really? It seemed to look like development is coming along pretty well, considering the opening is more or less complete, and even has cutscenes. I doubt it would be outside of 2020 for a release. Which I guess if you go for the later half could be a ways off, but in relation to how far off a release date is for most games that get announced, just over a year isn't that much.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I was going to ask this in your AMA thread @Monocle but figured since this thread exists and it'll let others share their thoughts too if they have any, I'll ask it here:

1) What's your favourite boss fight in this game?
2) What's your favourite area in the game?

And because I was randomly browsing this games subreddit, I discovered this exists: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Menderbug
I never knew that was in the game and I don't think I've ever seen him either. Gasp

I also came across this absolutely insane sleeve tattoo based on this game. Shock

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I was going to ask this in your AMA thread @Monocle but figured since this thread exists and it'll let others share their thoughts too if they have any, I'll ask it here:

And because I was randomly browsing this games subreddit, I discovered this exists: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Menderbug
I never knew that was in the game and I don't think I've ever seen him either. Gasp

I also came across this absolutely insane sleeve tattoo based on this game. Shock
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 18th, 2019, 10:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I just want to [Image: 4] at this poorly aged post, don't mind me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 18th, 2019, 10:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I just want to [Image: 4] at this poorly aged post, don't mind me.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jan 26th, 2022, 12:50 AM)Moonface Wrote:

that tattoo is fucking amazing. 

uhhh favorite boss? I guess it would be the mantis lords? I'm trying to remember some others but it's 8:20 am and I barely slept lolol

favorite area is definitely the path of pain, even though I never beat it. I love how challenging it is and every time you get to a new section where you can breathe, it feels so so so rewarding. gonna have to finish it one day

I knew about Menderbug but never actually killed him unfortunately. rip
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Jan 26th, 2022, 12:50 AM)Moonface Wrote:

that tattoo is fucking amazing. 

uhhh favorite boss? I guess it would be the mantis lords? I'm trying to remember some others but it's 8:20 am and I barely slept lolol

favorite area is definitely the path of pain, even though I never beat it. I love how challenging it is and every time you get to a new section where you can breathe, it feels so so so rewarding. gonna have to finish it one day

I knew about Menderbug but never actually killed him unfortunately. rip
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mantis Lords were definitely a good boss. I don't remember if I liked the fight or not but another boss I really liked just as a concept was that one in the lowest areas of the map that mimics your appearance to lure you into its nest.

I also discovered this amazing little website recently too: https://picrew.me/image_maker/143336
It lets you create your own Hollow Knight characters and it has a stupid amount of options. I appreciate how everything made looks like it could be official, unlike a lot of online character maker websites where you can tell it's an unofficial character just by looking at the art style of it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mantis Lords were definitely a good boss. I don't remember if I liked the fight or not but another boss I really liked just as a concept was that one in the lowest areas of the map that mimics your appearance to lure you into its nest.

I also discovered this amazing little website recently too: https://picrew.me/image_maker/143336
It lets you create your own Hollow Knight characters and it has a stupid amount of options. I appreciate how everything made looks like it could be official, unlike a lot of online character maker websites where you can tell it's an unofficial character just by looking at the art style of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,921 1 minute ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,973 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Ghost of Tsushima | Coming to PC Moonface 56 16,046 Mar 9th, 2024, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord