Reggie Fils-Aime Announces Retirement
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
After 15 years at Nintendo of America, 13 of which were spent as its President and COO, Reggie Fils-Aime has announced he will be retiring, effective on April 15th. Doug Bowser, NOA’s current Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, will succeed Reggie as President of Nintendo of America.

Shuntaro Furukawa - President of Nintendo Wrote:
I really appreciate everything Reggie has done for Nintendo. Inside and outside our company, Reggie is known as an exceptional leader. We are grateful that he is leaving the business in good shape with strong momentum. While we will miss him and we wish him the very best in his retirement, we are also pleased to have such an able successor ready to step into that role. Doug Bowser and the rest of the team will ensure a seamless transition and continued momentum for Nintendo.

Reggie Fils-Aime Wrote:
Nintendo owns a part of my heart forever. It’s a part that is filled with gratitude – for the incredibly talented people I’ve worked with, for the opportunity to represent such a wonderful brand, and most of all, to feel like a member of the world’s most positive and enduring gamer community. As I look forward to departing in both good health and good humor, this is not ‘game over’ for me, but instead ‘leveling up’ to more time with my wife, family and friends.

Doug Bowser Wrote:
It has been my great fortune to work with and be mentored by Reggie for four years at Nintendo of America. And rest assured, we will continue to build on his work to evolve and expand our brand, furthering Nintendo’s global mission of creating smiles. There are millions more of those to come.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
After 15 years at Nintendo of America, 13 of which were spent as its President and COO, Reggie Fils-Aime has announced he will be retiring, effective on April 15th. Doug Bowser, NOA’s current Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, will succeed Reggie as President of Nintendo of America.

Shuntaro Furukawa - President of Nintendo Wrote:
I really appreciate everything Reggie has done for Nintendo. Inside and outside our company, Reggie is known as an exceptional leader. We are grateful that he is leaving the business in good shape with strong momentum. While we will miss him and we wish him the very best in his retirement, we are also pleased to have such an able successor ready to step into that role. Doug Bowser and the rest of the team will ensure a seamless transition and continued momentum for Nintendo.

Reggie Fils-Aime Wrote:
Nintendo owns a part of my heart forever. It’s a part that is filled with gratitude – for the incredibly talented people I’ve worked with, for the opportunity to represent such a wonderful brand, and most of all, to feel like a member of the world’s most positive and enduring gamer community. As I look forward to departing in both good health and good humor, this is not ‘game over’ for me, but instead ‘leveling up’ to more time with my wife, family and friends.

Doug Bowser Wrote:
It has been my great fortune to work with and be mentored by Reggie for four years at Nintendo of America. And rest assured, we will continue to build on his work to evolve and expand our brand, furthering Nintendo’s global mission of creating smiles. There are millions more of those to come.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I find it ironic that he's being replaced by a guy named Bowser.

In fact, it's a little too ironic...

[Image: Lzab6pK.png]
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I find it ironic that he's being replaced by a guy named Bowser.

In fact, it's a little too ironic...

[Image: Lzab6pK.png]
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm hoping Nintendo focus on the fact the guy is called Bowser and have some fun with it. I expect they will since Reggie was always doing fun things, and one of the first images of Bowser's office was of Mario and Luigi tied up with a Gamecube controller wire. XD

It'll feel weird not seeing Reggie on any Nintendo stuff once he leaves though. He's been with NoA so long that he is the only person I associate with that branch of the company.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm hoping Nintendo focus on the fact the guy is called Bowser and have some fun with it. I expect they will since Reggie was always doing fun things, and one of the first images of Bowser's office was of Mario and Luigi tied up with a Gamecube controller wire. XD

It'll feel weird not seeing Reggie on any Nintendo stuff once he leaves though. He's been with NoA so long that he is the only person I associate with that branch of the company.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Unfortunate news, if only he could've hung around and made it to the 2020's. Although then that would be an awkward 16 years than 15. Keep it in 10's or 5's some way or another. XD

Nah, Reggie's had a good run and has been a great face for Nintendo. Good presenting skills and humour when it came to Directs and past conferences. Going to be so weird not seeing him anymore. I just hope we'll get one last presentation or at least a final video with him featured before April 15th (or on the day). Then handing over the mantle to non other than....Bowser?! Oh wait, not that one.

For Doug Bowser, as he's been mentored by Reggie he should be fine coming in. I hope. I do too would like to see them play with what his surname happens to be. Outside of that and into gaming purposes, perhaps we could see a possible video game having the Bowser we're familiar with in a playable role again that isn't a party, sport and Smash game down the line?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Unfortunate news, if only he could've hung around and made it to the 2020's. Although then that would be an awkward 16 years than 15. Keep it in 10's or 5's some way or another. XD

Nah, Reggie's had a good run and has been a great face for Nintendo. Good presenting skills and humour when it came to Directs and past conferences. Going to be so weird not seeing him anymore. I just hope we'll get one last presentation or at least a final video with him featured before April 15th (or on the day). Then handing over the mantle to non other than....Bowser?! Oh wait, not that one.

For Doug Bowser, as he's been mentored by Reggie he should be fine coming in. I hope. I do too would like to see them play with what his surname happens to be. Outside of that and into gaming purposes, perhaps we could see a possible video game having the Bowser we're familiar with in a playable role again that isn't a party, sport and Smash game down the line?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I saw an image of Bowser constructing a Labo kit with a Bowser Jr. plush on the seat next to him at the table he was using so I think it's a certainty Nintendo are going to roll with using his name for gags. I'm hoping they do something silly to pass the torch when April 15th rolls around rather than it just coming and going with nothing but the announcement we already got. A final hurrah would be better in my opinion than just quietly switching everything over between now and then.

I could also see Reggie being a guest for Nintendo from time to time too. Just because he retired doesn't mean he'll just disappear from the scene entirely. He could, but I just don't see it given the guy is basically a celebrity and a household name in gaming.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I saw an image of Bowser constructing a Labo kit with a Bowser Jr. plush on the seat next to him at the table he was using so I think it's a certainty Nintendo are going to roll with using his name for gags. I'm hoping they do something silly to pass the torch when April 15th rolls around rather than it just coming and going with nothing but the announcement we already got. A final hurrah would be better in my opinion than just quietly switching everything over between now and then.

I could also see Reggie being a guest for Nintendo from time to time too. Just because he retired doesn't mean he'll just disappear from the scene entirely. He could, but I just don't see it given the guy is basically a celebrity and a household name in gaming.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geoff Keighley Announces Summer Game Fest Moonface 5 3,053 May 15th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL