Super Mario Bros. (Series)
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Here's where we can all talk and chat about all of the Super Mario Bros. games from the original all the way to the latest and greatest release.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Here's where we can all talk and chat about all of the Super Mario Bros. games from the original all the way to the latest and greatest release.
WR91 Offline
Casual
The original Super Mario Bros. from 1985 is probably the game that kept the video game industry alive after the 1984 game crash.

So for that (and the fact that the game is amazing) I believe it's still one of the greatest games of all time.

Yeah...I said it!
WR91 Offline
Casual
The original Super Mario Bros. from 1985 is probably the game that kept the video game industry alive after the 1984 game crash.

So for that (and the fact that the game is amazing) I believe it's still one of the greatest games of all time.

Yeah...I said it!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mad how we didn't have a topic for this, well more specific part of the Mario franchise.

I can agree the original Super Mario Bros. is close to the top of, or arguably THE greatest game of all time. It's legacy is a marvel by itself.
Unfortunately I never played it, nor any closely (er...almost 20 years) after until I got Super Mario Bros Deluxe for the Game Boy Color, to play on Game Boy Advance as that was the first Nintendo console I owned. So happy GBA could still play GBC, but I only got two games the other being The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Night of the Living.
Anyway, that port made me see why Nintendo was so good before then. I may have gotten Super Mario Bros Advance first actually, but I stupidly did the deal where you hand in a game and get money off the next one in the series, Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World. Then after that I got Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 and Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3. All of these were excellent.

The last one I've had since then is New Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo DS. Thoroughly enjoyed that, felt truly like a brand new Super Mario Bros game in a long time after all the ports, knowing the original came so long before this, and there being nothing on GameCube (I'm not counting Sunshine or any sport games, others and literal Mario Party's), and Wii (also not counting Mario Wii games).

I haven't owned any more, played New Super Mario Bros U at conventions/elsewhere. No reason really I haven't got any since then, but I've also felt no reason to buy any more. Just...haven't. *shrugs*

EDIT: Realised I missed out a SMB Advance game. Wish I still owned the first, I'd have all four then.  Sad
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mad how we didn't have a topic for this, well more specific part of the Mario franchise.

I can agree the original Super Mario Bros. is close to the top of, or arguably THE greatest game of all time. It's legacy is a marvel by itself.
Unfortunately I never played it, nor any closely (er...almost 20 years) after until I got Super Mario Bros Deluxe for the Game Boy Color, to play on Game Boy Advance as that was the first Nintendo console I owned. So happy GBA could still play GBC, but I only got two games the other being The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Night of the Living.
Anyway, that port made me see why Nintendo was so good before then. I may have gotten Super Mario Bros Advance first actually, but I stupidly did the deal where you hand in a game and get money off the next one in the series, Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World. Then after that I got Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 and Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3. All of these were excellent.

The last one I've had since then is New Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo DS. Thoroughly enjoyed that, felt truly like a brand new Super Mario Bros game in a long time after all the ports, knowing the original came so long before this, and there being nothing on GameCube (I'm not counting Sunshine or any sport games, others and literal Mario Party's), and Wii (also not counting Mario Wii games).

I haven't owned any more, played New Super Mario Bros U at conventions/elsewhere. No reason really I haven't got any since then, but I've also felt no reason to buy any more. Just...haven't. *shrugs*

EDIT: Realised I missed out a SMB Advance game. Wish I still owned the first, I'd have all four then.  Sad
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Face A Bigger Badder Bowser in Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury!
Bowser has become gargantuan and lost all control! Join forces with Bowser Jr. to stop his big bad dad in the Bowser's Fury adventure, included in the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury game coming on February 12, 2021 to Nintendo Switch.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Face A Bigger Badder Bowser in Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury!
Bowser has become gargantuan and lost all control! Join forces with Bowser Jr. to stop his big bad dad in the Bowser's Fury adventure, included in the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury game coming on February 12, 2021 to Nintendo Switch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,923 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,975 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface