Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Maniakkid25 : Doesn't Yuri dabble a bit into the competitive side? Well at least checks it out and tries for certain stuff those kind of players aim for?

Thinking about getting Shield purely because I prefer Zamzenta's unreleased form over Zacian's, even though I'm denying myself easy access to my boy Braviary as well as Hydreigon. Kinda annoyed there's no sign of my most favourites. Gengar, Vulpix/Ninetales, Arcanine, Charmander line at least made it and I already knew of them. Bah. Boltund over Luxray? Heck no way. Ah well I'll just look of different ones to fill the void.

What version(s) do you guys have?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Maniakkid25 : Doesn't Yuri dabble a bit into the competitive side? Well at least checks it out and tries for certain stuff those kind of players aim for?

Thinking about getting Shield purely because I prefer Zamzenta's unreleased form over Zacian's, even though I'm denying myself easy access to my boy Braviary as well as Hydreigon. Kinda annoyed there's no sign of my most favourites. Gengar, Vulpix/Ninetales, Arcanine, Charmander line at least made it and I already knew of them. Bah. Boltund over Luxray? Heck no way. Ah well I'll just look of different ones to fill the void.

What version(s) do you guys have?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have Pokemon Shield. I loved playing it since I beat it already. Just been filling out my dex & looking for max raids.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have Pokemon Shield. I loved playing it since I beat it already. Just been filling out my dex & looking for max raids.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I have to give Game Freak credit, the presentation for gym battles is really damn good! @"ShiraNoSpook" got to the first gym last night and they've really done a good job making those feel more than just a typical battle. Not that it'd ever be possible regardless of dev team, but I would adore to have that presentation with the Pokemon actually animated in their fight and moving around the arena like something from Pokken (but with their normal moves). That shit would be so damn sick!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I have to give Game Freak credit, the presentation for gym battles is really damn good! @"ShiraNoSpook" got to the first gym last night and they've really done a good job making those feel more than just a typical battle. Not that it'd ever be possible regardless of dev team, but I would adore to have that presentation with the Pokemon actually animated in their fight and moving around the arena like something from Pokken (but with their normal moves). That shit would be so damn sick!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
@Mr EliteL Yuri indeed does, and Yuri actually was onto another pokemon that's floating up to the UU/OU area: Hatterne. I discounted it because she has, like, 30 speed, but she's a very strong trick roomer, even if you do have to build a team around the idea.

I have Pokemon Sword specifically because Yuri got Shield, so I can get you that Braviary and Hydregion if you want me to (already doing it for Yuri anyway).

While I appreciate Game Freak trying to change up mechanics to keep things fresh, I don't really like the new gyms. I just really miss the classic "room with trainers and boss" that the older games have. Like, I kinda just saw the trials of the last gen as nuisances rather than anything really fun, so this whole "gym mission" thing is just getting in my way, really.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
@Mr EliteL Yuri indeed does, and Yuri actually was onto another pokemon that's floating up to the UU/OU area: Hatterne. I discounted it because she has, like, 30 speed, but she's a very strong trick roomer, even if you do have to build a team around the idea.

I have Pokemon Sword specifically because Yuri got Shield, so I can get you that Braviary and Hydregion if you want me to (already doing it for Yuri anyway).

While I appreciate Game Freak trying to change up mechanics to keep things fresh, I don't really like the new gyms. I just really miss the classic "room with trainers and boss" that the older games have. Like, I kinda just saw the trials of the last gen as nuisances rather than anything really fun, so this whole "gym mission" thing is just getting in my way, really.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Maniakkid25 : Oohh, yes I shall take you up on that when I get the Online Service. Now I have this game, will be doing that at some point. Thanks! Grin If you do get them ready beforehand (not expecting you to), could you also add in a female Gothita, make Rufflet a male and Deino I don't mind on the gender.
Something I was bothered about, they just had to still separate Solosis and Gothita, Vullaby and Rufflet between versions again, dang it. XD

Will find out what gyms are like soon. Already know I'll miss how it was done before.

This game does feel a lot bigger though (if only all Pokémon were in it would be more so), and I'm really liking the Wild Areas, multiple ways to encounter Pokémon instead of only in long grass/water/cave, interaction with Pokémon (camp, "talking" to them) and even the Exp Share. Although is it still considered better to level up having the Pokémon defeat another Pokémon than through getting EXP but not actually in the immediate battle, EXP items or camp? Also like how not every other character you meet on the road/wild is a trainer waiting to battle you.

My opinion on Hop has improved a bit. Although I do find him a bit of a nuisance after we separate, when I find him again he almost always seems to be placed in front of somewhere I want to go like Pokémon Centers, or an area I want to hurry up and go explore around. XD Did like how he reacted as soon as we met Bede though, as I immediately thought Bede was a prick, then Hop was annoyed too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Maniakkid25 : Oohh, yes I shall take you up on that when I get the Online Service. Now I have this game, will be doing that at some point. Thanks! Grin If you do get them ready beforehand (not expecting you to), could you also add in a female Gothita, make Rufflet a male and Deino I don't mind on the gender.
Something I was bothered about, they just had to still separate Solosis and Gothita, Vullaby and Rufflet between versions again, dang it. XD

Will find out what gyms are like soon. Already know I'll miss how it was done before.

This game does feel a lot bigger though (if only all Pokémon were in it would be more so), and I'm really liking the Wild Areas, multiple ways to encounter Pokémon instead of only in long grass/water/cave, interaction with Pokémon (camp, "talking" to them) and even the Exp Share. Although is it still considered better to level up having the Pokémon defeat another Pokémon than through getting EXP but not actually in the immediate battle, EXP items or camp? Also like how not every other character you meet on the road/wild is a trainer waiting to battle you.

My opinion on Hop has improved a bit. Although I do find him a bit of a nuisance after we separate, when I find him again he almost always seems to be placed in front of somewhere I want to go like Pokémon Centers, or an area I want to hurry up and go explore around. XD Did like how he reacted as soon as we met Bede though, as I immediately thought Bede was a prick, then Hop was annoyed too.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Gothita I'm having trouble FINDING! Turns out, she only spawns in one particular wild area, and only when its foggy. And I have no way of predicting weather patterns, sooooo... Least its better than Mawile (SNOWSTORM?! HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT FROM SNOWING?!), but still, its annoying.

Edit: oh, and any names you want, tell me now. Otherwise, you get whatever my dumb brain comes up with at that moment.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Gothita I'm having trouble FINDING! Turns out, she only spawns in one particular wild area, and only when its foggy. And I have no way of predicting weather patterns, sooooo... Least its better than Mawile (SNOWSTORM?! HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT FROM SNOWING?!), but still, its annoying.

Edit: oh, and any names you want, tell me now. Otherwise, you get whatever my dumb brain comes up with at that moment.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
If you haven't caught them yet, just no names or if you have already named them then I don't mind.

I don't get the weather either. Seems to change often when you enter the smaller areas within the main Wild Area, haven't noticed in Routes yet. *checks serebii* Ah, no only Wild Area. I was just confirming for myself as everyone who's ahead of me probably already knows that.

Forgot to mention, I chose Scorbunny as my starter based on final evolutions. Probably will take me a while to get there as I've already moved over Growlithe. I'm playing as female protagonist as I decided to base my character on Gintama's Kagura so I can have Arcanine as her Sadaharu. XD Did get Scorbunny to the second evolution and will have it in another team I'm kind of working on. Doubt it'll be my true second team yet, as I haven't decided on my main team other than Arcanine. :3

At the moment my team is Growlithe, Gyarados, Steenee, Nickit, Corvisquire, forgotten the last one. On the side Raboot, Gossifleur (for Sing and until evolve really), Wooloo, Yamper, Dottler and Leafon. XD Others I have I intend to just evolve for Pokédex or whatever later on.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
If you haven't caught them yet, just no names or if you have already named them then I don't mind.

I don't get the weather either. Seems to change often when you enter the smaller areas within the main Wild Area, haven't noticed in Routes yet. *checks serebii* Ah, no only Wild Area. I was just confirming for myself as everyone who's ahead of me probably already knows that.

Forgot to mention, I chose Scorbunny as my starter based on final evolutions. Probably will take me a while to get there as I've already moved over Growlithe. I'm playing as female protagonist as I decided to base my character on Gintama's Kagura so I can have Arcanine as her Sadaharu. XD Did get Scorbunny to the second evolution and will have it in another team I'm kind of working on. Doubt it'll be my true second team yet, as I haven't decided on my main team other than Arcanine. :3

At the moment my team is Growlithe, Gyarados, Steenee, Nickit, Corvisquire, forgotten the last one. On the side Raboot, Gossifleur (for Sing and until evolve really), Wooloo, Yamper, Dottler and Leafon. XD Others I have I intend to just evolve for Pokédex or whatever later on.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, the weather changes every day at midnight, completely changing the spawns in the various sections of the Wild Area. Which is awesome when you are trying to find one pokemon like a needle in a haystack, and there's no way currently to predict the change in weather patterns.

My current team is Rillaboom (I chose Grookey as my starter), Weavile, Ninetales, Gardevoir, Amped Toxtricity (has two different forms dependingnon nature), and Excadrill. I'll most likely replace either Excadrill or Weavile with Tyranitar when I get one with Dragon Dance (already have the axew I need to breed one), and I'm definitely looking for a Jolteon to replace my Toxtricity, so if anyone here can breed an eevee, hit me up?

Had some CRAZY raid spawns earlier. Frickin TOXAPEX AND FERROTHORN, aka the two best Walls in the meta currently (seriously FerroPex is currently POISONING the metagame, though D-max Gyarados is worse). I actually laughed my ass off when I saw Toxapex, because I couldn't believe how both lucky and unlucky I was.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yeah, the weather changes every day at midnight, completely changing the spawns in the various sections of the Wild Area. Which is awesome when you are trying to find one pokemon like a needle in a haystack, and there's no way currently to predict the change in weather patterns.

My current team is Rillaboom (I chose Grookey as my starter), Weavile, Ninetales, Gardevoir, Amped Toxtricity (has two different forms dependingnon nature), and Excadrill. I'll most likely replace either Excadrill or Weavile with Tyranitar when I get one with Dragon Dance (already have the axew I need to breed one), and I'm definitely looking for a Jolteon to replace my Toxtricity, so if anyone here can breed an eevee, hit me up?

Had some CRAZY raid spawns earlier. Frickin TOXAPEX AND FERROTHORN, aka the two best Walls in the meta currently (seriously FerroPex is currently POISONING the metagame, though D-max Gyarados is worse). I actually laughed my ass off when I saw Toxapex, because I couldn't believe how both lucky and unlucky I was.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
not a pokemon fan anymore but felt this was relevant

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...d-and.html
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
not a pokemon fan anymore but felt this was relevant

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...d-and.html
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, th-they're suing? They're suing over the leaks of Dexit? Well then, that's...excessive.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, th-they're suing? They're suing over the leaks of Dexit? Well then, that's...excessive.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
right? they're claiming irreparable damage but they know their Fandom. they're buying it no matter what. this is ridiculous. now they're going to single out certain individuals for what half the internet was doing
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
right? they're claiming irreparable damage but they know their Fandom. they're buying it no matter what. this is ridiculous. now they're going to single out certain individuals for what half the internet was doing
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't see what proof they could have of sales being damaged. Claiming you wanted to sell X units but only sold Y doesn't instantly mean that Z was the reason. Also, this is the best selling launch period for a Switch game yet, so there isn't even visible damage being made. It's again looking more like "We wanted this and didn't get it even though we got more than anything else in this period".

Also, they never did this for leaks of other Pokemon games. I wouldn't be surprised if they just want to use this as an excuse for if lifetime sales are poor rather than the bullshit PR they were pulling since E3 and the shortcomings that the game actually has.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't see what proof they could have of sales being damaged. Claiming you wanted to sell X units but only sold Y doesn't instantly mean that Z was the reason. Also, this is the best selling launch period for a Switch game yet, so there isn't even visible damage being made. It's again looking more like "We wanted this and didn't get it even though we got more than anything else in this period".

Also, they never did this for leaks of other Pokemon games. I wouldn't be surprised if they just want to use this as an excuse for if lifetime sales are poor rather than the bullshit PR they were pulling since E3 and the shortcomings that the game actually has.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Beaten Kabu now. Have to say I actually like the Gym Challenges, and the battle against the Gym Leaders does feel epic, made more so thanks to the theme playing. Before I did the Fire Gym, went all the way to Hammerlocke through the Wild Area but only to explore and collect items. Was stopped when I got there, and would've went in if there wasn't a dude blocking the entrance.

Another thing a like about Wild Pokémon are different interactions they have on the overworld. Some immediately charge you (albeit slow so you can run away, at least so far as I thought there was a speedy one I haven't had chase me yet), some approach you and tr and get attention (which is incredibly cute if it's from Yamper, Pikachu, Stuffwell and so on), some notice you then after will charge you if you sit about, and some just don't care at all. XD Yet to see what they're like in water when you're surfing, but assume they'll act the same.

Loved Hop and Bede's confrontation after we left Motostoke. If only we could actually watch their match, or see it in the distance but get obscured/distracted by something so we don't get to see the winner.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Beaten Kabu now. Have to say I actually like the Gym Challenges, and the battle against the Gym Leaders does feel epic, made more so thanks to the theme playing. Before I did the Fire Gym, went all the way to Hammerlocke through the Wild Area but only to explore and collect items. Was stopped when I got there, and would've went in if there wasn't a dude blocking the entrance.

Another thing a like about Wild Pokémon are different interactions they have on the overworld. Some immediately charge you (albeit slow so you can run away, at least so far as I thought there was a speedy one I haven't had chase me yet), some approach you and tr and get attention (which is incredibly cute if it's from Yamper, Pikachu, Stuffwell and so on), some notice you then after will charge you if you sit about, and some just don't care at all. XD Yet to see what they're like in water when you're surfing, but assume they'll act the same.

Loved Hop and Bede's confrontation after we left Motostoke. If only we could actually watch their match, or see it in the distance but get obscured/distracted by something so we don't get to see the winner.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
WOO! Got stupid lucky with a raid spawn, and got a Gothorita! Bred it, got a female Gothita for EL, and Yuri was able to fight it with me and catch it for themselves! Everyone's happy! Now, just need a Turtonator...come on, Intense sun in Lake of Outrage...and then a 2% chance to spawn.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
WOO! Got stupid lucky with a raid spawn, and got a Gothorita! Bred it, got a female Gothita for EL, and Yuri was able to fight it with me and catch it for themselves! Everyone's happy! Now, just need a Turtonator...come on, Intense sun in Lake of Outrage...and then a 2% chance to spawn.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Maniakkid25 : If you still need an Eevee bred, I can do it unless Yuri already has done so. Also, how did Yuri get to catch a Gothorita too, thought only one person could catch the Raid Pokémon? Or am I mixing that up with only one person can Dynamax in a Raid Battle? XD

Lake Of Outrage, I need to learn Surf to get over to the island, as I know there are evolve stones there, and need them but struggling to get Surf. >.<
EDIT: Just found out Surf is needed, and there;s a bike upgrade to cross water later on in the game. Much later, dang it. I want a Glaceon and Flareon!

Currently at Ballonlea, and need to grind a bit before facing Opal.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Maniakkid25 : If you still need an Eevee bred, I can do it unless Yuri already has done so. Also, how did Yuri get to catch a Gothorita too, thought only one person could catch the Raid Pokémon? Or am I mixing that up with only one person can Dynamax in a Raid Battle? XD

Lake Of Outrage, I need to learn Surf to get over to the island, as I know there are evolve stones there, and need them but struggling to get Surf. >.<
EDIT: Just found out Surf is needed, and there;s a bike upgrade to cross water later on in the game. Much later, dang it. I want a Glaceon and Flareon!

Currently at Ballonlea, and need to grind a bit before facing Opal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,495 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,694 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,238 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,136 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai