Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,533
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I forgot about Alolan Raichu and how it lacks an Alolan Pikachu/Pichu, etc. Although I wonder if the reason they didn't do an Alolan Pikachu was to not make any alterations to what is essentially the Pokemon mascot, even though an alternate form of it would likely just open the door to even more revenue and merchandising.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,533 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I forgot about Alolan Raichu and how it lacks an Alolan Pikachu/Pichu, etc. Although I wonder if the reason they didn't do an Alolan Pikachu was to not make any alterations to what is essentially the Pokemon mascot, even though an alternate form of it would likely just open the door to even more revenue and merchandising.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Prepare for Battle in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield has revealed some new abilities, attacks, and items.

• Galarian Weezing has the ability Neutralizing Gas, which neutralises all other abilities regardless of what team the Pokémon are on (as seen when Rotom's ability Levitate is removed and causes it to dig to Australia).
  • Corviknight has the hidden ability Mirror Armour, which reflects stat affecting attacks.
  • The new held item Room Service lowers the Speed of Pokémon during a Trick Room.
  • Another new held item, Eject Pack, causes the Pokémon holding it to be switched out if their stats are lowered during a battle.
  • A new attack called Breaking Swipe will lower the attack stat of any opponent it hits.
  • Dynamax Power allows any moves that cause flinching to be shrugged off.
According to the official website, Hidden Abilities have a chance to be found on Pokémon caught in Max Raid battles, with the wording implying this may be the only way to get these abilities.

The official website has also been updated with a page about the Pokémon Battle Stadium, a feature for online battling. It will feature ranked battles, casual battles, tournaments, and the ability to rent teams of Pokémon from other trainers or rent your own team to others.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Prepare for Battle in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield has revealed some new abilities, attacks, and items.

• Galarian Weezing has the ability Neutralizing Gas, which neutralises all other abilities regardless of what team the Pokémon are on (as seen when Rotom's ability Levitate is removed and causes it to dig to Australia).
  • Corviknight has the hidden ability Mirror Armour, which reflects stat affecting attacks.
  • The new held item Room Service lowers the Speed of Pokémon during a Trick Room.
  • Another new held item, Eject Pack, causes the Pokémon holding it to be switched out if their stats are lowered during a battle.
  • A new attack called Breaking Swipe will lower the attack stat of any opponent it hits.
  • Dynamax Power allows any moves that cause flinching to be shrugged off.
According to the official website, Hidden Abilities have a chance to be found on Pokémon caught in Max Raid battles, with the wording implying this may be the only way to get these abilities.

The official website has also been updated with a page about the Pokémon Battle Stadium, a feature for online battling. It will feature ranked battles, casual battles, tournaments, and the ability to rent teams of Pokémon from other trainers or rent your own team to others.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Idk, maybe it's just me but it kind of feels like the whole battling system seems overly complicated. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Idk, maybe it's just me but it kind of feels like the whole battling system seems overly complicated. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 18th, 2019, 12:26 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Do you mean in-game battles, or the way that ranked/casual/etc. works?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 18th, 2019, 12:26 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Do you mean in-game battles, or the way that ranked/casual/etc. works?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The renting stuff. I know renting was done when playing in Pokemon Sun/Moon with the rental battle stadium. But now its all inclusive? Also, I can rent out my guys? Are they nuts? They're my guys. Lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The renting stuff. I know renting was done when playing in Pokemon Sun/Moon with the rental battle stadium. But now its all inclusive? Also, I can rent out my guys? Are they nuts? They're my guys. Lol
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
It's not really complicated. It's basically just Pokémon Stadium with online functionality. I'd presume there's some bonus attached to having your team rented out x number of times, too. Not sure I dig the concept, but we'll see.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
It's not really complicated. It's basically just Pokémon Stadium with online functionality. I'd presume there's some bonus attached to having your team rented out x number of times, too. Not sure I dig the concept, but we'll see.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I'm digging the new hold items they should make for some really interesting choices in competitive battle!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I'm digging the new hold items they should make for some really interesting choices in competitive battle!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cook Up Curry in Your New Camp!
A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield from Wednesday's Nintendo Direct has confirmed camping as a feature, along with introducing new Pokémon and an all new Dex; the Curry Dex!

The new Pokémon are Cramorant (Flying/Water) and Polteaguist (Ghost). Alcremie also had a new flavour variant shown; however, there have now been 26 flavour variants of Alcremie confirmed thanks to other sources.

Camping is the successor feature to Pokémon Amie and Pokémon Refresh. You can have all six of your Pokémon out at once and interact with them. Your camp can be set up anywhere in the game, and other players can also come and hang out at your camp. Also, you can use different ingredients you collect around the Galar region to cook up curry in your camp! There's over 100 variants to create, and they can give your Pokémon boosts such as Friendship Increase, XP Boost, and Healing. Each curry you create will be added into the all new Curry Dex, a worthy addition to make up for the lack of a National Dex! Grin /s

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cook Up Curry in Your New Camp!
A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield from Wednesday's Nintendo Direct has confirmed camping as a feature, along with introducing new Pokémon and an all new Dex; the Curry Dex!

The new Pokémon are Cramorant (Flying/Water) and Polteaguist (Ghost). Alcremie also had a new flavour variant shown; however, there have now been 26 flavour variants of Alcremie confirmed thanks to other sources.

Camping is the successor feature to Pokémon Amie and Pokémon Refresh. You can have all six of your Pokémon out at once and interact with them. Your camp can be set up anywhere in the game, and other players can also come and hang out at your camp. Also, you can use different ingredients you collect around the Galar region to cook up curry in your camp! There's over 100 variants to create, and they can give your Pokémon boosts such as Friendship Increase, XP Boost, and Healing. Each curry you create will be added into the all new Curry Dex, a worthy addition to make up for the lack of a National Dex! Grin /s
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm just glad that I can change how my trainer looks to anyway I want;
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm just glad that I can change how my trainer looks to anyway I want;
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is this the first time you could change your haircut? I don't remember that being a thing before, but my mind is hazy on the matter.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is this the first time you could change your haircut? I don't remember that being a thing before, but my mind is hazy on the matter.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yep, you can change your hair cut in Pokemon X/Y series. I can't remember if you can do that in the Sun/Moon games, I doubt it since I don't remember coming across a hair cut place in either title. I'll have to look around. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yep, you can change your hair cut in Pokemon X/Y series. I can't remember if you can do that in the Sun/Moon games, I doubt it since I don't remember coming across a hair cut place in either title. I'll have to look around. Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Good Day To You, Sirfetch'd!
*sips tea* I say kind fellow, have you seen this lovely chap called Sirfetch'd? I hear it's an exclusive to Pokemon Sword, and what would you expect with it waving around that bloody huge sword of theirs.

What do you think of this new evolution? Does it make you think "cor blimey gov'nor" or "what a load of cobblers"? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Good Day To You, Sirfetch'd!
*sips tea* I say kind fellow, have you seen this lovely chap called Sirfetch'd? I hear it's an exclusive to Pokemon Sword, and what would you expect with it waving around that bloody huge sword of theirs.

What do you think of this new evolution? Does it make you think "cor blimey gov'nor" or "what a load of cobblers"? Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A new evolution, or an item/time/area type form, for a Pokémon from the original 151? Sweet. Actually looks quite good honestly. Although if a proper evolution, was expecting Farfetch'd to have grown a bit bigger. I suppose it was the leek it was carrying changing shape....perhaps that's really the Pokémon and not the bird/animal/wielder. XD *shot*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A new evolution, or an item/time/area type form, for a Pokémon from the original 151? Sweet. Actually looks quite good honestly. Although if a proper evolution, was expecting Farfetch'd to have grown a bit bigger. I suppose it was the leek it was carrying changing shape....perhaps that's really the Pokémon and not the bird/animal/wielder. XD *shot*
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What's funny is that the moment he was teased I called him 'sir farfetched' & looks like I was pretty close!! I think he looks cool.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What's funny is that the moment he was teased I called him 'sir farfetched' & looks like I was pretty close!! I think he looks cool.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
He's so proper yet absolutely smug and haughty as a mofo, I freakin' adore him XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
He's so proper yet absolutely smug and haughty as a mofo, I freakin' adore him XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,906 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 24,880 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 20,346 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,861 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,262 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai