Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 14th, 2019, 01:52 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I never considered its Psychic typing from that specific mythological fact. I actually anticipated it being a Fairy/Fire type upon seeing it, but this is way more clever and cool Grin
Neither did I. It was only because I saw someone on Twitter mentioning it was Psychic-type and the reasoning behind it over Fairy-type that I became aware of it. Seems a lot of people weren't aware of that reasoning and were critiquing the type choice, which inspired someone to clarify it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 14th, 2019, 01:52 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I never considered its Psychic typing from that specific mythological fact. I actually anticipated it being a Fairy/Fire type upon seeing it, but this is way more clever and cool Grin
Neither did I. It was only because I saw someone on Twitter mentioning it was Psychic-type and the reasoning behind it over Fairy-type that I became aware of it. Seems a lot of people weren't aware of that reasoning and were critiquing the type choice, which inspired someone to clarify it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
New info TOMORROW;
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
New info TOMORROW;
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Another video incoming, alrighty then. Almost read the time as 6PM PDT and thought I wasn't going to be able to watch it. 2PM tomorrow though, hope I'll remember. Looks to possibly be more info on the gyms battles? Even though we know quite a bit already. Or something else that happens in the stadiums.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Another video incoming, alrighty then. Almost read the time as 6PM PDT and thought I wasn't going to be able to watch it. 2PM tomorrow though, hope I'll remember. Looks to possibly be more info on the gyms battles? Even though we know quite a bit already. Or something else that happens in the stadiums.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
More like, more gigantamax forms;
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
More like, more gigantamax forms;
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, thought it was going to be a longer video than 2 and a half minutes. Well, better than nothing. Charizard in Gigantamax form is pretty good. Meowth on the other hand....but then again seems it'll help with earning monies. Not like it's hard to get cash, but still.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, thought it was going to be a longer video than 2 and a half minutes. Well, better than nothing. Charizard in Gigantamax form is pretty good. Meowth on the other hand....but then again seems it'll help with earning monies. Not like it's hard to get cash, but still.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Personally would've liked to see more than just Kanto Pokemon getting Gigantamax forms in that trailer. We currently also have more Kanto Gigantamax forms than we do of the new generation Pokemon. I get they might be trying to appeal to the Gen 1 people out there but they could have at least mixed things up a bit. There's more than enough Pokemon to do so.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Personally would've liked to see more than just Kanto Pokemon getting Gigantamax forms in that trailer. We currently also have more Kanto Gigantamax forms than we do of the new generation Pokemon. I get they might be trying to appeal to the Gen 1 people out there but they could have at least mixed things up a bit. There's more than enough Pokemon to do so.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
My god their last trailer contained more ridiculous stuff than ever.

I suppose we're no longer the main target for this game and they want everything to be bigger, more flashy and special while I want a good remake of an original game / new region without ridiculous stuff.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
My god their last trailer contained more ridiculous stuff than ever.

I suppose we're no longer the main target for this game and they want everything to be bigger, more flashy and special while I want a good remake of an original game / new region without ridiculous stuff.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can understand wanting to make things more spectacular looking given this is meant to be the first main Pokemon game on home consoles that's a new game and not a redo or spin-off.

I did see a neat QoL improvement though which is that you can skip tutorials now. If you already know how to catch Pokemon, you can just do the catching tutorial without having to be guided through it. Hopefully that means the overall game has optional hand holding and will let people have a chance at making things tougher, but I won't hold my breath on that front.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can understand wanting to make things more spectacular looking given this is meant to be the first main Pokemon game on home consoles that's a new game and not a redo or spin-off.

I did see a neat QoL improvement though which is that you can skip tutorials now. If you already know how to catch Pokemon, you can just do the catching tutorial without having to be guided through it. Hopefully that means the overall game has optional hand holding and will let people have a chance at making things tougher, but I won't hold my breath on that front.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've always thought it was strange how each Pokemon game would always go through the actions of doing the tutorial that shows you how to catch Pokemon. I mean; if you've been playing the Pokemon games since the GB days; you sort of know what to do anyway. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've always thought it was strange how each Pokemon game would always go through the actions of doing the tutorial that shows you how to catch Pokemon. I mean; if you've been playing the Pokemon games since the GB days; you sort of know what to do anyway. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Judging from the list on Serebii.net, there are currently 271 confirmed Pokemon for these games. Ignoring Galar additions, then roughly 1/4 of all Pokemon prior to these games are going to be in this one. That's still a pretty decent number overall, considering that it'll probably top 300. I think it'll get to about the 350 mark by the time any other returning Pokemon are confirmed and the new Galar Pokemon are all known.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Judging from the list on Serebii.net, there are currently 271 confirmed Pokemon for these games. Ignoring Galar additions, then roughly 1/4 of all Pokemon prior to these games are going to be in this one. That's still a pretty decent number overall, considering that it'll probably top 300. I think it'll get to about the 350 mark by the time any other returning Pokemon are confirmed and the new Galar Pokemon are all known.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The only other game to do this was the beloved Hoenn (Gen III) games, of which 202 Pokemon were new additions, and around 180 were from the previous gens, making that around 380 Pokemon to be found/caught/traded into; these numbers aren't that bad in direct comparison, honestly.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The only other game to do this was the beloved Hoenn (Gen III) games, of which 202 Pokemon were new additions, and around 180 were from the previous gens, making that around 380 Pokemon to be found/caught/traded into; these numbers aren't that bad in direct comparison, honestly.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Idk, a part of me thinks it'd be interesting to have seen Swd/Shld be the ONE Pokemon game where every one of the Pokemon in the game (all 180 of them) is new & the only way you'd see the older Pokemon is for GF to spam release Pokemon through Pokepass. xD That would be CRAZY.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Idk, a part of me thinks it'd be interesting to have seen Swd/Shld be the ONE Pokemon game where every one of the Pokemon in the game (all 180 of them) is new & the only way you'd see the older Pokemon is for GF to spam release Pokemon through Pokepass. xD That would be CRAZY.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, considering they now have access to patches in games, they could almost certainly patch in different Pokemon packs as time went on. Who knows!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, considering they now have access to patches in games, they could almost certainly patch in different Pokemon packs as time went on. Who knows!
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Woooot! Few more days! ?
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Woooot! Few more days! ?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So there has been a ton of leaks for Pokemon Sword & Shield like ever since November started and it looks like it going to be another Pokemon game if you like Pokemon you probably will like this, but might be a bit disappointed in Dexit.

Also I think there are list floating around of the entire Pokedex and I won't be sharing this just incase anyone want to remain spoiler free. I think the game look like the best Pokemon game to date and I'm looking forward to playing with it Friday! Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So there has been a ton of leaks for Pokemon Sword & Shield like ever since November started and it looks like it going to be another Pokemon game if you like Pokemon you probably will like this, but might be a bit disappointed in Dexit.

Also I think there are list floating around of the entire Pokedex and I won't be sharing this just incase anyone want to remain spoiler free. I think the game look like the best Pokemon game to date and I'm looking forward to playing with it Friday! Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,732 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 24,700 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 20,241 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,769 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,240 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai