Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
New Unlisted Trailer for Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra Expansion Pass

The DLC for Isle of Armor will be released on June 17th. Serebii.net compiled a list of details shown in a presentation shown prior to the trailer:

Serebii.Net Wrote:
  • The two Regi Pokémon are Regieleki, Electric-type with a new ability Transistor. It also has the new move Thunder Cage which deals damage and traps them in an electrified cage for four to five turns and Regidrago, Dragon-type with a new ability Dragon's Maw and the move Dragon Energy which does more damage the higher the HP
  • Galarian Articuno is Psychic/Flying with the Ability Competitive and the new move Freezing Glare which may leave the target frozen, Zapdos is Fighting/Flying with the ability Defiant and a new move, Thunderous Kick which does damage and lowers Defense and Moltres is Dark/Flying with the ability Berserk and the new move Fiery Wrath that does damage and can cause the opponent to flinch
  • Galarian Slowbro is Poison/Psychic-type. It has the new Ability Quick Draw and the new move Shell Side Arm, which only it can learn. It Poisons the opponent and does Physical or Special damage based on which does the more damage
  • Gigantamax Venusaur's G-Max Move is G-Max Vine Lash which does damage and continues to do damage for 4 turns to any non-Grass-type Pokémon
  • Gigantamax Blastoise's G-Max Move is G-Max Cannonade which does damage and continues to do damage for 4 turns to any non-Water-type Pokémon
  • Gigantamax Urshifu (Single-Strike)'s G-Max Move is G-Max One Blow and Rapid Strike is G-Max Rapid Flow. These can do damage even if the target defends itself
  • Hidden Ability Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble are now available through Pokémon HOME if you deposit a Pokémon from Sword & Shield
  • There's an item, tentatively known as Cram-o-matic which lets you combine up to 4 items together to make new items. You get different items based on the items you put into it
  • There are Move Tutor moves given in exchange for Armorite Ore, a substance found through Max Raid Battles in the Isle of Armor. The first, a Fire-type move, Burning Jealousy damages both opponents and has a chance of Burning the opponent if they have had their stat boosted dfuring this turn. The Grass-type one, Grassy Glide, is boosted in priority in Grassy Terrain
  • In the Isle of Armor, you can make "Max Soup", which when a Pokémon with the potential to Dynamax drinks it, it can become Gigantamax
  • In the Crown Tundra, Dynamax Adventure is a game where four players together investigate the Dynamax Raid dens.
  • In The Crown Tundra, there's a new feature called the Galarian Star Tournament in Wyndon. In this, you play Multi Battles against various characters from the story
  • Urshifu's new ability, Unseen Fist, allows for you to damage Pokémon that have used Protect.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
New Unlisted Trailer for Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra Expansion Pass

The DLC for Isle of Armor will be released on June 17th. Serebii.net compiled a list of details shown in a presentation shown prior to the trailer:

Serebii.Net Wrote:
  • The two Regi Pokémon are Regieleki, Electric-type with a new ability Transistor. It also has the new move Thunder Cage which deals damage and traps them in an electrified cage for four to five turns and Regidrago, Dragon-type with a new ability Dragon's Maw and the move Dragon Energy which does more damage the higher the HP
  • Galarian Articuno is Psychic/Flying with the Ability Competitive and the new move Freezing Glare which may leave the target frozen, Zapdos is Fighting/Flying with the ability Defiant and a new move, Thunderous Kick which does damage and lowers Defense and Moltres is Dark/Flying with the ability Berserk and the new move Fiery Wrath that does damage and can cause the opponent to flinch
  • Galarian Slowbro is Poison/Psychic-type. It has the new Ability Quick Draw and the new move Shell Side Arm, which only it can learn. It Poisons the opponent and does Physical or Special damage based on which does the more damage
  • Gigantamax Venusaur's G-Max Move is G-Max Vine Lash which does damage and continues to do damage for 4 turns to any non-Grass-type Pokémon
  • Gigantamax Blastoise's G-Max Move is G-Max Cannonade which does damage and continues to do damage for 4 turns to any non-Water-type Pokémon
  • Gigantamax Urshifu (Single-Strike)'s G-Max Move is G-Max One Blow and Rapid Strike is G-Max Rapid Flow. These can do damage even if the target defends itself
  • Hidden Ability Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble are now available through Pokémon HOME if you deposit a Pokémon from Sword & Shield
  • There's an item, tentatively known as Cram-o-matic which lets you combine up to 4 items together to make new items. You get different items based on the items you put into it
  • There are Move Tutor moves given in exchange for Armorite Ore, a substance found through Max Raid Battles in the Isle of Armor. The first, a Fire-type move, Burning Jealousy damages both opponents and has a chance of Burning the opponent if they have had their stat boosted dfuring this turn. The Grass-type one, Grassy Glide, is boosted in priority in Grassy Terrain
  • In the Isle of Armor, you can make "Max Soup", which when a Pokémon with the potential to Dynamax drinks it, it can become Gigantamax
  • In the Crown Tundra, Dynamax Adventure is a game where four players together investigate the Dynamax Raid dens.
  • In The Crown Tundra, there's a new feature called the Galarian Star Tournament in Wyndon. In this, you play Multi Battles against various characters from the story
  • Urshifu's new ability, Unseen Fist, allows for you to damage Pokémon that have used Protect.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I haven't gotten a chance to pick this one up yet. But if and when I do, I plan on getting the Shield version. Just seems more my style.

But for those who have played them both, which do you think has the better Pokemon? Is Sword worth it? Because that's the one I see people have and play more.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I haven't gotten a chance to pick this one up yet. But if and when I do, I plan on getting the Shield version. Just seems more my style.

But for those who have played them both, which do you think has the better Pokemon? Is Sword worth it? Because that's the one I see people have and play more.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually have both & started with Shield before ending up with Sword. Usually I pick the version I want based on the legendary I want & I wanted the Sword doggo. In the end, I've really enjoyed Shield more then I thought I would, but I think it's because I had really good rng for my first run, as I found 3 left overs & have had good luck catching Pokémon which has tended to be harder for most to catch depending on variations. I also suggest getting Nintendo online, since your going to need help catching 5 star Dynamix Pokémon since most of the AI in the game you get paired with: tends to be kinda lame. lol
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually have both & started with Shield before ending up with Sword. Usually I pick the version I want based on the legendary I want & I wanted the Sword doggo. In the end, I've really enjoyed Shield more then I thought I would, but I think it's because I had really good rng for my first run, as I found 3 left overs & have had good luck catching Pokémon which has tended to be harder for most to catch depending on variations. I also suggest getting Nintendo online, since your going to need help catching 5 star Dynamix Pokémon since most of the AI in the game you get paired with: tends to be kinda lame. lol
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah the AI for the raids are  ROFL as fuck. Can't trust them for anything without them dying. They're decent bullet sponges though!

I should go back and play the DLC. I do believe I paid for it...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah the AI for the raids are  ROFL as fuck. Can't trust them for anything without them dying. They're decent bullet sponges though!

I should go back and play the DLC. I do believe I paid for it...
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The Crown Tundra dlc has really been phenomenal so far. My favorite legendary birb so far is Galarian Articuno, whom I named Darkwing due to the colors matching those of the super hero's outfit colors. Even it's crest looks like the iconic fedora impo.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The Crown Tundra dlc has really been phenomenal so far. My favorite legendary birb so far is Galarian Articuno, whom I named Darkwing due to the colors matching those of the super hero's outfit colors. Even it's crest looks like the iconic fedora impo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 25th, 2020, 01:51 PM)queen misdreavus Wrote:
How would you say it compares to the other DLC that came out?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 25th, 2020, 01:51 PM)queen misdreavus Wrote:
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 27th, 2020, 12:24 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I feel that the Crown Tundra has a lot more content compared to the previous dlc tbh. I mean I'll be catching legendaries for a long a** time. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel that the Crown Tundra has a lot more content compared to the previous dlc tbh. I mean I'll be catching legendaries for a long a** time. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2020, 08:18 AM)queen misdreavus Wrote:
Are the legendaries in the DLC hard to find like normal legendaries are? Or do they have them show up in a different way since there's a lot of them?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2020, 08:18 AM)queen misdreavus Wrote:
Are the legendaries in the DLC hard to find like normal legendaries are? Or do they have them show up in a different way since there's a lot of them?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Been playing the Isle of Armor DLC first, since it's the first in the order. I find the hunt for the Alolan Digletts to be more intriguing than the "main plot" of the DLC, personally, but if I ever get tired one of thing, I can always do the other. The last part of it sucks though. You get given the Pokemon, Kubfu, at level 10 when you beat the dojo, and--after befriending it a bunch--, in order to advance, you need it level 70 minimum (advised) to have it evolve into its next form, Urushifu, at either of those training towers. That's an insane amount of level grind to advance plot that I just don't know if I have the patience for. I may move onto Crown Tundra after I explore the rest of the island properly for Digletts. They can be pretty sneaky in their placements!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Been playing the Isle of Armor DLC first, since it's the first in the order. I find the hunt for the Alolan Digletts to be more intriguing than the "main plot" of the DLC, personally, but if I ever get tired one of thing, I can always do the other. The last part of it sucks though. You get given the Pokemon, Kubfu, at level 10 when you beat the dojo, and--after befriending it a bunch--, in order to advance, you need it level 70 minimum (advised) to have it evolve into its next form, Urushifu, at either of those training towers. That's an insane amount of level grind to advance plot that I just don't know if I have the patience for. I may move onto Crown Tundra after I explore the rest of the island properly for Digletts. They can be pretty sneaky in their placements!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
For some of the legendaries you go on an escursion & mystery hunt to find some of them. All the other legendaries are easily found in the Gigantamax adventures cave & caught 100% in any pokeball. I've caught a shiny Necromoza & Kyurem so far, as well as a shiny emolga I named Alvin. xD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
For some of the legendaries you go on an escursion & mystery hunt to find some of them. All the other legendaries are easily found in the Gigantamax adventures cave & caught 100% in any pokeball. I've caught a shiny Necromoza & Kyurem so far, as well as a shiny emolga I named Alvin. xD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So someone made sprites of all the Pokemon from these games using the Pokemon Yellow colour palette:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So someone made sprites of all the Pokemon from these games using the Pokemon Yellow colour palette:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I love them! My only criticism is I wish they utilized sizing better. It feels like all the Pokemon are enormous, and you have no way in judging the size of the Pokemon as compared to others (especially ones that are really big). It's not a limitation of the style they were going for because Pokemon like Diglett and the early starter Pokemon all appeared small to a degree and increased in size after evolving.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I love them! My only criticism is I wish they utilized sizing better. It feels like all the Pokemon are enormous, and you have no way in judging the size of the Pokemon as compared to others (especially ones that are really big). It's not a limitation of the style they were going for because Pokemon like Diglett and the early starter Pokemon all appeared small to a degree and increased in size after evolving.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Really well done there, almost looks like they are from Yellow. Although wish there was a better resolution/image size to see them better, it's made me realise I've forgotten many of the Pokémon names from Sword & Shield and make out what they look like in this pixel form. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Really well done there, almost looks like they are from Yellow. Although wish there was a better resolution/image size to see them better, it's made me realise I've forgotten many of the Pokémon names from Sword & Shield and make out what they look like in this pixel form. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you not click the Twitter images to zoom in better? You should be able to see them all quite clearly, especially so since they're sprite based and already look pixelated ROFL

Yeah I find myself having a bit of a harder time these days trying to pick out Pokemon from Gen 7-8. They can be kind of forgettable if you don't emcounter or utilize them at all at any point.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you not click the Twitter images to zoom in better? You should be able to see them all quite clearly, especially so since they're sprite based and already look pixelated ROFL

Yeah I find myself having a bit of a harder time these days trying to pick out Pokemon from Gen 7-8. They can be kind of forgettable if you don't emcounter or utilize them at all at any point.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that was my fault, thought I clicked it to open an image but didn't do anything so I assumed that was the only size image they had. Must've not register my click, I didn't bother to try again and opened the small image in a new tab. XD Having the full size I recognise them better but still don't remember the names, other than a few I use or already know.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah that was my fault, thought I clicked it to open an image but didn't do anything so I assumed that was the only size image they had. Must've not register my click, I didn't bother to try again and opened the small image in a new tab. XD Having the full size I recognise them better but still don't remember the names, other than a few I use or already know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,495 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,694 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,238 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,136 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai