Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
HOT BUNZ FOR ME

Seriously, they're all so adorable. I wish we got to see a bit more with that trailer, but it definitely seems to be a return to form with their formula. First thing I noticed was random encounters were back (which I think I'm mixed on at this point) in addition to the capturing after weakening returning as well. It doesn't seem like they'll be implementing those Go! features again for this, which may be a relief for most.

But yeah, can't wait to learn more! I'm going to keep my eye mostly on gameplay than the actual Pokemon because I found it quite enjoyable encountering Pokemon I had never seen before when I completely walled myself off of spoiling the Pokemon of Sun and Moon prior to release.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
HOT BUNZ FOR ME

Seriously, they're all so adorable. I wish we got to see a bit more with that trailer, but it definitely seems to be a return to form with their formula. First thing I noticed was random encounters were back (which I think I'm mixed on at this point) in addition to the capturing after weakening returning as well. It doesn't seem like they'll be implementing those Go! features again for this, which may be a relief for most.

But yeah, can't wait to learn more! I'm going to keep my eye mostly on gameplay than the actual Pokemon because I found it quite enjoyable encountering Pokemon I had never seen before when I completely walled myself off of spoiling the Pokemon of Sun and Moon prior to release.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I only saw the evolution's of the main pokemon group myself so I could decide if I really wanted to stick with Rowlet (for S/M) & I still stuck with my choice; cause come on OWLS. xD The rest of the pokemon for the S/M series I didn't spoil myself on since I wanted to see them when playing the game, though the show likes to hype some of them up & some of the bug types in S/M are kinda... lame Not so great; impo. xp

Here's hoping gen 8 learns from it's past mistakes. Or not, I'm not judging.. YET.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I only saw the evolution's of the main pokemon group myself so I could decide if I really wanted to stick with Rowlet (for S/M) & I still stuck with my choice; cause come on OWLS. xD The rest of the pokemon for the S/M series I didn't spoil myself on since I wanted to see them when playing the game, though the show likes to hype some of them up & some of the bug types in S/M are kinda... lame Not so great; impo. xp

Here's hoping gen 8 learns from it's past mistakes. Or not, I'm not judging.. YET.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, yes the new Pokémon game. Sword and Shield, I was kind of put off by the version titles at first because....I don't know why. Expected something better perhaps. XD Anyway, this Pokémon interests me more than any of the others that have been as of recent, and since Black & White. At the moment mainly down to the visuals, that landscape in a Pokémon game looks sweet! Alright, my choice of if I get the game won't be down to that though. I need more to convince me.

Such as yes, I want to see a lot of past gen Pokémon available to capture for your team. More character customisation and decent story. Plenty of side stuff too. Agree with what Moony, I would like to see wild Pokémon roaming about and not just simply invisible to the eye or hiding in grass. The starters look OK, not sure which one I'd go for between them, but probably not Grookey.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, yes the new Pokémon game. Sword and Shield, I was kind of put off by the version titles at first because....I don't know why. Expected something better perhaps. XD Anyway, this Pokémon interests me more than any of the others that have been as of recent, and since Black & White. At the moment mainly down to the visuals, that landscape in a Pokémon game looks sweet! Alright, my choice of if I get the game won't be down to that though. I need more to convince me.

Such as yes, I want to see a lot of past gen Pokémon available to capture for your team. More character customisation and decent story. Plenty of side stuff too. Agree with what Moony, I would like to see wild Pokémon roaming about and not just simply invisible to the eye or hiding in grass. The starters look OK, not sure which one I'd go for between them, but probably not Grookey.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I found this on a G+ community & thought everyone would appreciate;

[Image: gen8-f10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I found this on a G+ community & thought everyone would appreciate;

[Image: gen8-f10.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The second evolutions look possible, perhaps will better than the true ones, but them third ones are just great. ROFL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The second evolutions look possible, perhaps will better than the true ones, but them third ones are just great. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 8th, 2019, 11:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Agree with what Moony, I would like to see wild Pokémon roaming about and not just simply invisible to the eye or hiding in grass. The starters look OK, not sure which one I'd go for between them, but probably not Grookey.
I doubt what I said would happen since the trailer shows the classic encounter mechanics. It's a shame because the world felt more alive in Let's Go, and this was probably also in development before those games were finished and was therefore made with the classic encounter mechanics in mind.

@Queen: I saw that before you posted it, and found it amusing at the time. I won't be shocked if someone mods it into the game, since I just read that people have managed to mod Shrek into Smash Ultimate.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 8th, 2019, 11:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Agree with what Moony, I would like to see wild Pokémon roaming about and not just simply invisible to the eye or hiding in grass. The starters look OK, not sure which one I'd go for between them, but probably not Grookey.
I doubt what I said would happen since the trailer shows the classic encounter mechanics. It's a shame because the world felt more alive in Let's Go, and this was probably also in development before those games were finished and was therefore made with the classic encounter mechanics in mind.

@Queen: I saw that before you posted it, and found it amusing at the time. I won't be shocked if someone mods it into the game, since I just read that people have managed to mod Shrek into Smash Ultimate.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Finally buff Pokemon its all I really needed in my new Pokemon game! I honestly hear a lot about people wanting the Pokemon in the overworld back and I am honestly against it mainly for one reason. It makes it more annoying to find a particular Pokemon let say if you were trying to find a particular Pokemon on the route you literally have to sit and wait for your low % chance of finding it loading in and do nothing while waiting. Eh When its random encounter each individual spawn Pokemon is one roll and doesn't require me to halt and not play until it finally appears and I don't really like how they run out of the grassy area and can force encounter you outside it.

Also I have really been loving the Scottish Pokemon Trainer memes if you haven't seen them you really should they are amazing! Grin

[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Finally buff Pokemon its all I really needed in my new Pokemon game! I honestly hear a lot about people wanting the Pokemon in the overworld back and I am honestly against it mainly for one reason. It makes it more annoying to find a particular Pokemon let say if you were trying to find a particular Pokemon on the route you literally have to sit and wait for your low % chance of finding it loading in and do nothing while waiting. Eh When its random encounter each individual spawn Pokemon is one roll and doesn't require me to halt and not play until it finally appears and I don't really like how they run out of the grassy area and can force encounter you outside it.

Also I have really been loving the Scottish Pokemon Trainer memes if you haven't seen them you really should they are amazing! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You make a good point about overworld spawning Yuri. I've only judged it on the visual aspect and didn't know it had any negative impacts on gameplay like how you mentioned.

I also like to imagine that second image being the opposite of Ash trying to get Pikachu in his ball at the start of the anime. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
You make a good point about overworld spawning Yuri. I've only judged it on the visual aspect and didn't know it had any negative impacts on gameplay like how you mentioned.

I also like to imagine that second image being the opposite of Ash trying to get Pikachu in his ball at the start of the anime. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Mar 22nd, 2019, 01:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:

You see I thought it was cool at first but then I started looking for Onyx and I actually tried doing it the usual way run around until I see it....and let me tell you that was annoying. what you do is you spray those rare sprays and then you sit in one spot and wait for the rare Pokemon to spawn and I honestly hated random encounter in this more mainly because it feels like you can avoid them but if your trying for a certain something or chaining something going to block your way!

Pikachu ain't never going back in there! It dark in there and Pikachu is afraid of the dark!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Mar 22nd, 2019, 01:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:

You see I thought it was cool at first but then I started looking for Onyx and I actually tried doing it the usual way run around until I see it....and let me tell you that was annoying. what you do is you spray those rare sprays and then you sit in one spot and wait for the rare Pokemon to spawn and I honestly hated random encounter in this more mainly because it feels like you can avoid them but if your trying for a certain something or chaining something going to block your way!

Pikachu ain't never going back in there! It dark in there and Pikachu is afraid of the dark!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah the chaining captures to get the rarer Pokemon in the area was probably the worst part about that game. I mean luckily, I could give away those Pokemon to Oak later and he'd reward with candies, but even then, that reward isn't always solid and helpful. I'm glad it's back to just random, and I'd never thought I'd say that XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah the chaining captures to get the rarer Pokemon in the area was probably the worst part about that game. I mean luckily, I could give away those Pokemon to Oak later and he'd reward with candies, but even then, that reward isn't always solid and helpful. I'm glad it's back to just random, and I'd never thought I'd say that XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly try to avoid doing that in Pokemon Lets go mainly because I don't want to overlevel I'm honestly having a decent challenge, but that because I keep switching out Pokemon regularly to try to complete the pokedex because the game feels definitely a game that you try to complete the pokedex in.

I actually still need to evolve some trading Pokemon, but I am very lazy about getting my switch online. I'm kinda waiting for Pokemon and Animal Crossing to get closer to start my year.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I honestly try to avoid doing that in Pokemon Lets go mainly because I don't want to overlevel I'm honestly having a decent challenge, but that because I keep switching out Pokemon regularly to try to complete the pokedex because the game feels definitely a game that you try to complete the pokedex in.

I actually still need to evolve some trading Pokemon, but I am very lazy about getting my switch online. I'm kinda waiting for Pokemon and Animal Crossing to get closer to start my year.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct Announced
The official Pokémon Twitter account has announced there will be a Nintendo Direct focused solely on Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield airing on June 5th:

Also, there is a Pokémon Press Conference airing in roughly five hours from now. However, it will not feature any news for Sword or Shield, hence the aforementioned announcement.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct Announced
The official Pokémon Twitter account has announced there will be a Nintendo Direct focused solely on Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield airing on June 5th:

Also, there is a Pokémon Press Conference airing in roughly five hours from now. However, it will not feature any news for Sword or Shield, hence the aforementioned announcement.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
You got some of those difficulty settings for us, Gamefreak?

Obviously not, but I can continue to dream, even if it'll never come true.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
You got some of those difficulty settings for us, Gamefreak?

Obviously not, but I can continue to dream, even if it'll never come true.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What I thought was funny; was the announcement of 'Pokemon Sleep' from the trainer's press confrence. Now we'll be able to eat, & sleep Pokemon. Next up the Pokemon company will release mini oxygen tanks; so we can breathe pokemon too.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What I thought was funny; was the announcement of 'Pokemon Sleep' from the trainer's press confrence. Now we'll be able to eat, & sleep Pokemon. Next up the Pokemon company will release mini oxygen tanks; so we can breathe pokemon too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct News
Today's Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct has revealed new Pokémon, characters, and a new feature called Dynamax! Here's a rundown of everything that was shared:

• Day and night cycles appear to be returning.

• New Pokémon! Wooloo — the sheep Pokémon, Gossifleur — the flowering Pokémon, Drednaw the bite Pokémon, Corviknight — the raven Pokémon, also used as a taxi system to fast travel the world, and Eldegoss — the cotton bloom Pokémon, and evolved form of Gossifleur.

• The widest variety of Pokémon can be found in a place called the Wild Area. This area stretches between cities and is filled with abundant nature, and Pokémon will appear dependent on the weather and your location. You will also have complete control of the camera while traversing this area. It also seems that Pokémon will roam wildly in this area like they do in the Let's Go games, but tall grass will continue to play its established role for finding wild Pokémon as well.

• Dynamax is a new feature that allows any Pokémon to become massive in size and in turn, boost their power; however, Dynamax can only be used once per battle and the Pokémon it is used on will revert to normal after three turns.

• You can connect to up to four other players locally or online in the Wild Area, which can trigger special features, one of which is called Max Raid Battle. In this battle, four players will face a wild Dynamax Pokémon who will remain in Dynamax form for the entire battle, and has special powers. Only one of the four players involved can Dynamax their own Pokémon, so you'll need to co-ordinate with your team. Victory will allow all players to catch the Dynamax Pokémon and add it to their collection. Some Pokémon can only be caught after being defeated in a Max Raid Battle.

• The current champion of the Galar region is Leon.

• Your rival is Leon's brother, Hop. His journey starts on the same day as yours.

• The player and Hop will receive help throughout the game from the Galar region's Professor Magnolia — who specialises in researching the Dynamax phenomenon, and her grand-daughter and assistant, Sonia.

• The grass gym leader is Milo.

• Legendary Pokémon! Zacian is the legendary for Pokémon Sword, and Zamazenta is the legendary for Pokémon Shield.

• Release Date! Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will release worldwide on November 15th, and will also be available as a double pack if you want both games.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct News
Today's Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Direct has revealed new Pokémon, characters, and a new feature called Dynamax! Here's a rundown of everything that was shared:

• Day and night cycles appear to be returning.

• New Pokémon! Wooloo — the sheep Pokémon, Gossifleur — the flowering Pokémon, Drednaw the bite Pokémon, Corviknight — the raven Pokémon, also used as a taxi system to fast travel the world, and Eldegoss — the cotton bloom Pokémon, and evolved form of Gossifleur.

• The widest variety of Pokémon can be found in a place called the Wild Area. This area stretches between cities and is filled with abundant nature, and Pokémon will appear dependent on the weather and your location. You will also have complete control of the camera while traversing this area. It also seems that Pokémon will roam wildly in this area like they do in the Let's Go games, but tall grass will continue to play its established role for finding wild Pokémon as well.

• Dynamax is a new feature that allows any Pokémon to become massive in size and in turn, boost their power; however, Dynamax can only be used once per battle and the Pokémon it is used on will revert to normal after three turns.

• You can connect to up to four other players locally or online in the Wild Area, which can trigger special features, one of which is called Max Raid Battle. In this battle, four players will face a wild Dynamax Pokémon who will remain in Dynamax form for the entire battle, and has special powers. Only one of the four players involved can Dynamax their own Pokémon, so you'll need to co-ordinate with your team. Victory will allow all players to catch the Dynamax Pokémon and add it to their collection. Some Pokémon can only be caught after being defeated in a Max Raid Battle.

• The current champion of the Galar region is Leon.

• Your rival is Leon's brother, Hop. His journey starts on the same day as yours.

• The player and Hop will receive help throughout the game from the Galar region's Professor Magnolia — who specialises in researching the Dynamax phenomenon, and her grand-daughter and assistant, Sonia.

• The grass gym leader is Milo.

• Legendary Pokémon! Zacian is the legendary for Pokémon Sword, and Zamazenta is the legendary for Pokémon Shield.

• Release Date! Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will release worldwide on November 15th, and will also be available as a double pack if you want both games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 26,035 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet Moonface 166 23,536 Dec 21st, 2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: shadow
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,730 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,271 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,142 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai