Change the Genre of a Game
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was just reading something elsewhere about what people would want from a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, and a few comments were saying to change the game into a full RPG instead of the action-adventure game with light RPG elements that the original game was. It made me think of what other games would be like if their genre was changed, such as turning Final Fantasy VII into an FPS game or something silly. XD

So if you took a game and changed its genre, how would that game work? ROFL

One I came up with was turning Uncharted into a horror survival game when you reach any of the supernatural bullshit that turns up at the end of most of those games. Drake makes his way to Shambala and you have to survive like it's Outlast or something because all the enemies are too powerful to be taken down and you have to try and escape. Lazarevic can either stay the end game boss or because he wants Drake dead so badly he just stalks you through the game like the Alien from Isolation. Shock XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was just reading something elsewhere about what people would want from a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, and a few comments were saying to change the game into a full RPG instead of the action-adventure game with light RPG elements that the original game was. It made me think of what other games would be like if their genre was changed, such as turning Final Fantasy VII into an FPS game or something silly. XD

So if you took a game and changed its genre, how would that game work? ROFL

One I came up with was turning Uncharted into a horror survival game when you reach any of the supernatural bullshit that turns up at the end of most of those games. Drake makes his way to Shambala and you have to survive like it's Outlast or something because all the enemies are too powerful to be taken down and you have to try and escape. Lazarevic can either stay the end game boss or because he wants Drake dead so badly he just stalks you through the game like the Alien from Isolation. Shock XD
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
How about turning RollerCoaster Tycoon into a horror game?

You run a theme park full of guests... but the rides are all concealing hidden dangers, which could kill them at any time. And any guest who goes into the toilets might not come out alive... Shock

And then, once the first wave of guests gets killed, their ghosts linger in the park, haunting anybody else foolish enough to stray though the admission gates...

(I should probably just go to bed LOL )
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,950 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 

You run a theme park full of guests... but the rides are all concealing hidden dangers, which could kill them at any time. And any guest who goes into the toilets might not come out alive... Shock

And then, once the first wave of guests gets killed, their ghosts linger in the park, haunting anybody else foolish enough to stray though the admission gates...

(I should probably just go to bed LOL )
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 27th, 2020, 01:06 AM)Kyng Wrote:

All the rides are just like the opening scene to Final Destination 3. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 27th, 2020, 01:06 AM)Kyng Wrote:

All the rides are just like the opening scene to Final Destination 3. ROFL
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Any wrestling game turning into a life simulator like The Sims.

I think that'd be interesting.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Any wrestling game turning into a life simulator like The Sims.

I think that'd be interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  What games are tackling climate change? popopdc 11 2,604 May 23rd, 2023, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  First Games by Platform/Genre? Moonface 9 2,097 Aug 19th, 2022, 03:14 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,903 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface