Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Octopath Traveler is an upcoming role-playing adventure game developed by Square Enix and Acquire for the Nintendo Switch. The game is scheduled for release on July 13, 2018. 

There's also a demo for it available on the Switch & I've played all of the available characters stories as far as I can before the demo cuts off from their story. I'm really invested in this title & I really love the way the game looks & have enjoyed the demo immensely. :3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Octopath Traveler is an upcoming role-playing adventure game developed by Square Enix and Acquire for the Nintendo Switch. The game is scheduled for release on July 13, 2018. 

There's also a demo for it available on the Switch & I've played all of the available characters stories as far as I can before the demo cuts off from their story. I'm really invested in this title & I really love the way the game looks & have enjoyed the demo immensely. :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Octopath Traveler - E3 2018 Trailer
A new trailer for Octopath Traveler was shown during Square Enix's E3 2018 Showcase.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Octopath Traveler - E3 2018 Trailer
A new trailer for Octopath Traveler was shown during Square Enix's E3 2018 Showcase.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
FINALLY A RELEASE DATE! July 13th. But tbh I wouldn't be surprised if SE pushes the release date back a bit, since it's what they're known for. Tongue But, I can wait a month. So, we'll see. ;3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
FINALLY A RELEASE DATE! July 13th. But tbh I wouldn't be surprised if SE pushes the release date back a bit, since it's what they're known for. Tongue But, I can wait a month. So, we'll see. ;3
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I've known about Octopath Traveler since last year, it looks really cool!

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I've known about Octopath Traveler since last year, it looks really cool!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to post about this when it was announced, but a new demo for the game is coming to the Nintendo eShop soon and any progress you make in it will be carried over into the final game. Wink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to post about this when it was announced, but a new demo for the game is coming to the Nintendo eShop soon and any progress you make in it will be carried over into the final game. Wink
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope the demo I have updates since I'm too lazy to update it atmo. xp I'll check sometime tomorrow morning when I get up. ^^"
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope the demo I have updates since I'm too lazy to update it atmo. xp I'll check sometime tomorrow morning when I get up. ^^"
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Haha, same, queen. I hope this game is as good as it looks and plays! Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Haha, same, queen. I hope this game is as good as it looks and plays! Grin
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Nope, had to download the new demo. I didn't even touch it though since I got the game yesterday. Though according to Nintendo Life, squarenix had to issue an apology due to there not being enough physical copies made & shipped to meet demand: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07...ler_demand

Apparently it's sold way more then Bravely Default did, which is good news for Squarenix. I did just fine getting my physical copy, there were a few in the stores I go to but idk if it's sold out other places. So good luck getting a copy!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Nope, had to download the new demo. I didn't even touch it though since I got the game yesterday. Though according to Nintendo Life, squarenix had to issue an apology due to there not being enough physical copies made & shipped to meet demand: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07...ler_demand

Apparently it's sold way more then Bravely Default did, which is good news for Squarenix. I did just fine getting my physical copy, there were a few in the stores I go to but idk if it's sold out other places. So good luck getting a copy!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can understand SE not wanting to risk making more physical copies than they would sell, especially with a new IP on Switch. Better for the game to be too successful than appear to not be selling enough of its copies.

Does this game allow for multiple save files? I'd love to play the game with my own file if I get the game with Shira. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can understand SE not wanting to risk making more physical copies than they would sell, especially with a new IP on Switch. Better for the game to be too successful than appear to not be selling enough of its copies.

Does this game allow for multiple save files? I'd love to play the game with my own file if I get the game with Shira. ^_^
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, there are 9 save slots. You both will get two each, one is the system auto save the other will be your save file (below the auto save).

I started my file with Primrose. You can start your file with whomever & as you meet the other characters you get to help them out in their story. :3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, there are 9 save slots. You both will get two each, one is the system auto save the other will be your save file (below the auto save).

I started my file with Primrose. You can start your file with whomever & as you meet the other characters you get to help them out in their story. :3
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Have you started it yet, queen? Any first impressions? I'm really considering this purchase, but I still need to finish Xenoblade 2... though maybe if I think I get far enough, I can perhaps entertain the excuse Tongue
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Have you started it yet, queen? Any first impressions? I'm really considering this purchase, but I still need to finish Xenoblade 2... though maybe if I think I get far enough, I can perhaps entertain the excuse Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, I started myself a save file yesterday night. So far, I really love it. I started out with Primrose because I friggen loved her attitude & how her story started out so mysteriously. BUT you can choose who ever you want & then make your way to the other 8 characters on the map. I made my way over to Alphan & his story was very interesting as well. I didn't realize at first but when you look at the map when you hit the (X) button, you can get the layout of the world & see where each character is. You are also given a lvl to be at by the time you get to which ever character you choose to go & recruit next, is where your characters should be level wise. I'm not sure if you've played any Suikoden games, but when I played through Alphan's story I got huge Suikoden vibes, though it could be because the music made me think of Suikoden 1. Alphan also reminded me a lot of Gremio as well, but that's just my take on how his character came off to me during the story. A huge nice thing is that in the cut scenes you get voice acting & so far I've been enjoying the English cast.

Battling: When ever you get into a battle with monsters you can stack up your attacks & when you see the characters have three stacked attacks when ever you do your special ability or attack normally, you can then hit the [R] button three times to do a lot of damage to monsters. If I were you, who ever you start out with I'd see if they have any cash on hand & have them buy themselves a new weapon & some armor at the very least. With Primrose, you have the advantage of being able to (lure) someone to follow you into battle who you can take a turn & summon out to help in battle. I've done that a LOT & trust me it helps a lot more then you think it would when you head into boss battles.

Helping people: In the game you can help out people in towns. I helped out some people in Alphan's town & got some nice money for it. There are other people in other towns as you explore the world & find your friends to help out. It's worth your time helping them if you have the right people to be able to do so. I think for helping out anyone in the Sundry town, I'll be recruiting the knight next cause his ability is to be able to duel others & I think there are two people in that town who might need a duel coming. Tongue XD

All in all: Personally I love it. I'm having fun & am plotting where to head next in my adventure. With your story you may pick someone else completely. Everyone's story path will be different & that's the fun of it.

Note: If you played the FIRST demo of Octopath Traveler & loved how it played: it plays just like that in the actual game. Just with a map & the ability to be able to travel & meet up with the other characters.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, I started myself a save file yesterday night. So far, I really love it. I started out with Primrose because I friggen loved her attitude & how her story started out so mysteriously. BUT you can choose who ever you want & then make your way to the other 8 characters on the map. I made my way over to Alphan & his story was very interesting as well. I didn't realize at first but when you look at the map when you hit the (X) button, you can get the layout of the world & see where each character is. You are also given a lvl to be at by the time you get to which ever character you choose to go & recruit next, is where your characters should be level wise. I'm not sure if you've played any Suikoden games, but when I played through Alphan's story I got huge Suikoden vibes, though it could be because the music made me think of Suikoden 1. Alphan also reminded me a lot of Gremio as well, but that's just my take on how his character came off to me during the story. A huge nice thing is that in the cut scenes you get voice acting & so far I've been enjoying the English cast.

Battling: When ever you get into a battle with monsters you can stack up your attacks & when you see the characters have three stacked attacks when ever you do your special ability or attack normally, you can then hit the [R] button three times to do a lot of damage to monsters. If I were you, who ever you start out with I'd see if they have any cash on hand & have them buy themselves a new weapon & some armor at the very least. With Primrose, you have the advantage of being able to (lure) someone to follow you into battle who you can take a turn & summon out to help in battle. I've done that a LOT & trust me it helps a lot more then you think it would when you head into boss battles.

Helping people: In the game you can help out people in towns. I helped out some people in Alphan's town & got some nice money for it. There are other people in other towns as you explore the world & find your friends to help out. It's worth your time helping them if you have the right people to be able to do so. I think for helping out anyone in the Sundry town, I'll be recruiting the knight next cause his ability is to be able to duel others & I think there are two people in that town who might need a duel coming. Tongue XD

All in all: Personally I love it. I'm having fun & am plotting where to head next in my adventure. With your story you may pick someone else completely. Everyone's story path will be different & that's the fun of it.

Note: If you played the FIRST demo of Octopath Traveler & loved how it played: it plays just like that in the actual game. Just with a map & the ability to be able to travel & meet up with the other characters.

Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
Wow, sounds really inerestng! I guess since my dad got me a Switch, I can get this game. I should be able to get a copy, since the local Target had 6 in stock still.
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
Wow, sounds really inerestng! I guess since my dad got me a Switch, I can get this game. I should be able to get a copy, since the local Target had 6 in stock still.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I haven't been so lucky being able to find a retail copy, I'm going to have to suck it up & buy a digital version. I'll do that after the weekend, I still have some stuff left to finish in NNK2 before I hop on board the Octopath Traveler hype train. Tongue
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I haven't been so lucky being able to find a retail copy, I'm going to have to suck it up & buy a digital version. I'll do that after the weekend, I still have some stuff left to finish in NNK2 before I hop on board the Octopath Traveler hype train. Tongue
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
Since my dad got me a Switch as a gift, I'm going to be getting this game too. I plan to get it tomorrow, my dad told me he'd get me what ever game I wanted for it & I told him I want Octopath Traveler. I'm so excited!! Any advice on which character to start with??
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
Since my dad got me a Switch as a gift, I'm going to be getting this game too. I plan to get it tomorrow, my dad told me he'd get me what ever game I wanted for it & I told him I want Octopath Traveler. I'm so excited!! Any advice on which character to start with??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Octopath Traveler II Moonface 21 3,602 Feb 15th, 2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: queenzelda