Octopath Traveler
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I just started with Ophilia because I'm going to do everyone in Octopath order. Was easier than trying to decide who to pick each time freely. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I just started with Ophilia because I'm going to do everyone in Octopath order. Was easier than trying to decide who to pick each time freely. XD
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
Which job does Ophilia start out with, compared to Primrose?
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
Which job does Ophilia start out with, compared to Primrose?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
She's a cleric, and starts with the ability to heal and use holy light along with her physical attack. You'll get everyone though as who you choose is just who you start the game with and you use them to find the other characters to get them in your party to use/play as.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
She's a cleric, and starts with the ability to heal and use holy light along with her physical attack. You'll get everyone though as who you choose is just who you start the game with and you use them to find the other characters to get them in your party to use/play as.
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I kind of want to get Octopath soon, but at the same time, I don't want to spend 60 dollars right now. I also took a break on playing Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the wig. I feel like I should play one game at a time, and complete it.

I was looking into it a bit more, and was un-aware of the sub classes, you can add to the characters and how it changes their wardrobe. Which is really nice, because I dislike it when characters can only use abilities that the creators gave them. I like games like Final Fantasy 12, where they allow you to give characters abilities, or weapons, based off of what you want to give them.. so it's a nice feature they put in there.
If Octopath was a 3D game, I'd definitely make Olberic a dancer, so I can see those muscles henny. lol

I knew of Prim Rose because of the trailer from last year, and already thought she was cool... She could become my main, I don't know yet. Cyrus doesn't appeal that much to me, but he is a mage, and I like mages.. Tressa also looks cool, she seems like the energetic quirky type of character that I like so much, and I like the weapons she can use, and her ability to use wind magic. Therion also looks really cool, I also like thief type characters.

It's also cool to see the characters as mainly adults, and not kids, or teenagers.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I kind of want to get Octopath soon, but at the same time, I don't want to spend 60 dollars right now. I also took a break on playing Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the wig. I feel like I should play one game at a time, and complete it.

I was looking into it a bit more, and was un-aware of the sub classes, you can add to the characters and how it changes their wardrobe. Which is really nice, because I dislike it when characters can only use abilities that the creators gave them. I like games like Final Fantasy 12, where they allow you to give characters abilities, or weapons, based off of what you want to give them.. so it's a nice feature they put in there.
If Octopath was a 3D game, I'd definitely make Olberic a dancer, so I can see those muscles henny. lol

I knew of Prim Rose because of the trailer from last year, and already thought she was cool... She could become my main, I don't know yet. Cyrus doesn't appeal that much to me, but he is a mage, and I like mages.. Tressa also looks cool, she seems like the energetic quirky type of character that I like so much, and I like the weapons she can use, and her ability to use wind magic. Therion also looks really cool, I also like thief type characters.

It's also cool to see the characters as mainly adults, and not kids, or teenagers.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Personally I started my file with Olbreic, the whole knight gets betrayed stick seemed up my alley. I'm going to get the Cleric next since Ophilia's closer & probably go after Primrose afterwards. My only issue is your charged outrageous prices for equipment & monsters barely drop enough cash for afew handfulls of grapes & plums. Wtff¿?
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Personally I started my file with Olbreic, the whole knight gets betrayed stick seemed up my alley. I'm going to get the Cleric next since Ophilia's closer & probably go after Primrose afterwards. My only issue is your charged outrageous prices for equipment & monsters barely drop enough cash for afew handfulls of grapes & plums. Wtff¿?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 07:20 PM)King Atem Wrote:
My only issue is your charged outrageous prices for equipment & monsters barely drop enough cash for afew handfulls of grapes & plums. Wtff¿?
I don't know how helpful it is yet but a Tressa can find money for you as an automatic passive skill and in battle she can use a move to steal money from an enemy. I've only just gotten her though so I haven't had enough time to see how much and how often she finds money.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 22nd, 2018, 07:20 PM)King Atem Wrote:
My only issue is your charged outrageous prices for equipment & monsters barely drop enough cash for afew handfulls of grapes & plums. Wtff¿?
I don't know how helpful it is yet but a Tressa can find money for you as an automatic passive skill and in battle she can use a move to steal money from an enemy. I've only just gotten her though so I haven't had enough time to see how much and how often she finds money.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It seems best to use "Collect" when it's either a human or boss since they seem to hold the most money. Also I find that looking for plums and other healing items are way easier to get in the wild than by purchasing them.

This game is fucking great so far. Moony is following a clockwise motion in the "OCTOPATH" and I've loved Primrose's story the most (I chose her in the demo from last year) and adore Tressa's character. We're up to Alfyn, so only 2 more characters to recruit.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It seems best to use "Collect" when it's either a human or boss since they seem to hold the most money. Also I find that looking for plums and other healing items are way easier to get in the wild than by purchasing them.

This game is fucking great so far. Moony is following a clockwise motion in the "OCTOPATH" and I've loved Primrose's story the most (I chose her in the demo from last year) and adore Tressa's character. We're up to Alfyn, so only 2 more characters to recruit.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Hmm.. I'll head over & fetch Teresa after I've gotten through Primrose's story path. Wow you guys (Moonface & Shira) are a lot further then I am. Though if queenzelda's Twitter posts are any indication: https://mobile.twitter.com/queenzelda01/...655104?p=v she's way further then most of us. XD
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Hmm.. I'll head over & fetch Teresa after I've gotten through Primrose's story path. Wow you guys (Moonface & Shira) are a lot further then I am. Though if queenzelda's Twitter posts are any indication: https://mobile.twitter.com/queenzelda01/...655104?p=v she's way further then most of us. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've spent most of my free time at the weekend playing it. Progress will be slower during the week since I only want to play the game with Shira present so she doesn't miss out on any plot, unless she tells me to do otherwise. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've spent most of my free time at the weekend playing it. Progress will be slower during the week since I only want to play the game with Shira present so she doesn't miss out on any plot, unless she tells me to do otherwise. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
..Well I did get Octopath Traveler a bit earlier & I tend to grind through JRPG's quickly if I'm enjoying them & omg am I ever enjoying OT. I'm on chapter 2 of the knight Olberick's story atmo. I've been through chapter 1 of all 8 characters & have thus far only have done chapter 2 for: Primrose, & Alfyn. I wanted to head over for Ophelia's chapter 2 but trying to figure out how to navigate the map is a pain in the arse. Oh, well at least at lvl 30 for most of my group with the knights chapter had been a bit of a cake walk. I'm sure the boss will be a pain, they usually are.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
..Well I did get Octopath Traveler a bit earlier & I tend to grind through JRPG's quickly if I'm enjoying them & omg am I ever enjoying OT. I'm on chapter 2 of the knight Olberick's story atmo. I've been through chapter 1 of all 8 characters & have thus far only have done chapter 2 for: Primrose, & Alfyn. I wanted to head over for Ophelia's chapter 2 but trying to figure out how to navigate the map is a pain in the arse. Oh, well at least at lvl 30 for most of my group with the knights chapter had been a bit of a cake walk. I'm sure the boss will be a pain, they usually are.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Have you challenged any of the townspeople to fights yet Queen who aren't required to be challenged for a quest?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Have you challenged any of the townspeople to fights yet Queen who aren't required to be challenged for a quest?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 04:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yep, the guy standing just inside the town where you leave to the south in the town Primrose starts from, he was a pain but worth the exp. A woman in the same town, & someone random while going through the theif's story path. I don't partake that often, just when the mood strikes me. I guess I'm weird, while others might battle everyone they can I'm kind of passive about it.

Edit: Oh yea, there was a side quest I did where I challenged this a-hole who was insisting on this girl go out with him. It was totally worth wailing on him impo: lmao.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 23rd, 2018, 04:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yep, the guy standing just inside the town where you leave to the south in the town Primrose starts from, he was a pain but worth the exp. A woman in the same town, & someone random while going through the theif's story path. I don't partake that often, just when the mood strikes me. I guess I'm weird, while others might battle everyone they can I'm kind of passive about it.

Edit: Oh yea, there was a side quest I did where I challenged this a-hole who was insisting on this girl go out with him. It was totally worth wailing on him impo: lmao.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Excluding quests, I've only battled people in front of doorways so that I can get inside and get the loot. I might do that less now that I have Primrose though since I can try Alluring people away which is less risky.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Excluding quests, I've only battled people in front of doorways so that I can get inside and get the loot. I might do that less now that I have Primrose though since I can try Alluring people away which is less risky.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Nu, it's pretty risky even then. With Primrose you get a certain % that she can allure some one to follow her & some npc's have a pretty low parentage. You only get 4 times that you can fail, & if you fail 4 times you have to pay the bar-keep to reset the town for you. (According to what Jim Sterling said in his review, idk as I try to keep things to a minimum.) So, just watch it if you do try using her ability. (That & some you can't even use allure on anyway.)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Nu, it's pretty risky even then. With Primrose you get a certain % that she can allure some one to follow her & some npc's have a pretty low parentage. You only get 4 times that you can fail, & if you fail 4 times you have to pay the bar-keep to reset the town for you. (According to what Jim Sterling said in his review, idk as I try to keep things to a minimum.) So, just watch it if you do try using her ability. (That & some you can't even use allure on anyway.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, it works similar to the Scrutinise skill of Cyrus then. I guess it's just a matter of deciding whether it's safer to fight them or allure them. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh, it works similar to the Scrutinise skill of Cyrus then. I guess it's just a matter of deciding whether it's safer to fight them or allure them. Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Octopath Traveler II Moonface 21 3,602 Feb 15th, 2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: queenzelda