PS4 Remote Play now available for iOS devices
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
With PS4 6.50 Sony has released a Remote Play app for iOS devices. Already had a third party app but this one is free. DualShock does not work on Apple devices currently but MFI controllers will. Android is still locked down to Xperia phones sadly, but this is hope for them making it available to all on Android. Already available on W10 tablets and PCs. 

I use this feature often for when the TV is in use and/or I’m out and about. Played Persona 5 and Tetris Effect on my iPhone 70 miles away at my family’s log cabin in the mountains. 

Hopefully with the introduction of 5G it’ll allow Remote Play to be used anywhere.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
With PS4 6.50 Sony has released a Remote Play app for iOS devices. Already had a third party app but this one is free. DualShock does not work on Apple devices currently but MFI controllers will. Android is still locked down to Xperia phones sadly, but this is hope for them making it available to all on Android. Already available on W10 tablets and PCs. 

I use this feature often for when the TV is in use and/or I’m out and about. Played Persona 5 and Tetris Effect on my iPhone 70 miles away at my family’s log cabin in the mountains. 

Hopefully with the introduction of 5G it’ll allow Remote Play to be used anywhere.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You say you were 70 miles away. So can you basically connect to your PS4 from anywhere, or is there a range limit to it? I always thought remote play required you to be pretty close to the PS4 since you'd need to be on the same network as it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You say you were 70 miles away. So can you basically connect to your PS4 from anywhere, or is there a range limit to it? I always thought remote play required you to be pretty close to the PS4 since you'd need to be on the same network as it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
No it’s designed to where you can play anywhere there’s WiFi. I used to play Destiny on my Vita in 2014 at work during breaks.

It’s recommended your PS4 be wired though and obviously it all depends on the speed of your internet. My home internet is good though so it’s always smooth for me.

I prefer to play via laptop because my DS4 controller can connect to it but on my phone it’s great for turn based RPGs or 2D platformers. Touchscreen controls aren’t so good for a lot of games though.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
No it’s designed to where you can play anywhere there’s WiFi. I used to play Destiny on my Vita in 2014 at work during breaks.

It’s recommended your PS4 be wired though and obviously it all depends on the speed of your internet. My home internet is good though so it’s always smooth for me.

I prefer to play via laptop because my DS4 controller can connect to it but on my phone it’s great for turn based RPGs or 2D platformers. Touchscreen controls aren’t so good for a lot of games though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
But do you and the PS4 need to share the same WiFi connection? I get the impression that isn't the case but want to be sure. Unsure

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
But do you and the PS4 need to share the same WiFi connection? I get the impression that isn't the case but want to be sure. Unsure
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Nope you don’t need to be on the same WiFi network as your PS4. Any WiFi connection in the world will connect you to your PS4 but obviously faster WiFi will result in better performance. If it’s slow or weak signal it won’t work.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Nope you don’t need to be on the same WiFi network as your PS4. Any WiFi connection in the world will connect you to your PS4 but obviously faster WiFi will result in better performance. If it’s slow or weak signal it won’t work.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. I wonder if I could let my brother try out Spyro on PS4 via remote play or if connecting a PS4 in the US to a laptop in the UK would be too much for remote play to cope with. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. I wonder if I could let my brother try out Spyro on PS4 via remote play or if connecting a PS4 in the US to a laptop in the UK would be too much for remote play to cope with. Hmm
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Mar 18th, 2019, 08:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It has to be a device that’s registered to your PS4 so when you go into your settings it’ll need to be paired to the PS4. This can be done without it being connected on the same network by the following: Log into the PS4 and go into Settings> Remote Play Connection Settings> Add Device. You'll be given a code to enter in the app and connect.

If he has a PS4 already though, shareplay would be a better way to do this but I’m assuming not as you mentioned it would be on a laptop.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Mar 18th, 2019, 08:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It has to be a device that’s registered to your PS4 so when you go into your settings it’ll need to be paired to the PS4. This can be done without it being connected on the same network by the following: Log into the PS4 and go into Settings> Remote Play Connection Settings> Add Device. You'll be given a code to enter in the app and connect.

If he has a PS4 already though, shareplay would be a better way to do this but I’m assuming not as you mentioned it would be on a laptop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What TV/Monitors Do You Play On? Moonface 12 1,858 Jan 6th, 2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Wii U and 3DS Play Stats | eShop's Close Next Year Moonface 3 1,225 Feb 18th, 2022, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What If All PS4 Games Were Also On PC? Moonface 37 26,505 Jul 1st, 2021, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Are There Any Cross-Gen Games You'll Wait to Play on the Newest Console Gen? Moonface 6 3,131 May 27th, 2021, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Monocle