Parody Entertainment
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I almost called this thread "Paradoxial Entertainment" but realised that word has a totally different meaning to what I would've been using it for. ROFL

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I was telling Shira about this song called Big Seven by Judge Dread because of how silly it is, and she ended up randomly getting a suggestion from Spotify for a group called Richard Cheese and Lounge Against The Machine, who make swingin' Vegas club versions of popular rock and rap songs, including Down With The Sickness, Freak on a Leash, Welcome to the Jungle, and Chop Suey. I'm not sure if it's anything worth listening to more than once or twice due to the novelty of it, but it's probably the best music parodies I've come across. XD

So now that I've shared our wonderful discovery, what pieces of entertainment have you enjoyed that are a parody of something else? LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I almost called this thread "Paradoxial Entertainment" but realised that word has a totally different meaning to what I would've been using it for. ROFL

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I was telling Shira about this song called Big Seven by Judge Dread because of how silly it is, and she ended up randomly getting a suggestion from Spotify for a group called Richard Cheese and Lounge Against The Machine, who make swingin' Vegas club versions of popular rock and rap songs, including Down With The Sickness, Freak on a Leash, Welcome to the Jungle, and Chop Suey. I'm not sure if it's anything worth listening to more than once or twice due to the novelty of it, but it's probably the best music parodies I've come across. XD

So now that I've shared our wonderful discovery, what pieces of entertainment have you enjoyed that are a parody of something else? LOL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I'm not sure if this quite counts, but I always particularly have enjoyed Weird Al Yankovich if you ever heard of him.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I'm not sure if this quite counts, but I always particularly have enjoyed Weird Al Yankovich if you ever heard of him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Judging by his Wikipedia entry he seems to count:

Wikipedia Wrote:
He is known for his humorous songs that make light of popular culture and often parody specific songs by contemporary musical acts, original songs that are style pastiches of the work of other acts, and polka medleys of several popular songs, featuring his favored instrument, the accordion.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Judging by his Wikipedia entry he seems to count:

Wikipedia Wrote:
He is known for his humorous songs that make light of popular culture and often parody specific songs by contemporary musical acts, original songs that are style pastiches of the work of other acts, and polka medleys of several popular songs, featuring his favored instrument, the accordion.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly Moony if you haven't heard any of them I recommend checking his stuff out.

Actually look up A Saga Begins it's a parody of American Pie if you ever heard of it. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly Moony if you haven't heard any of them I recommend checking his stuff out.

Actually look up A Saga Begins it's a parody of American Pie if you ever heard of it. Smile
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Weird Al instantly came to my mind as well. I listened to him a lot back in the day! I recommend eBay, Trash Day, Polkamon, and honestly all of his Polka Medleys.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Weird Al instantly came to my mind as well. I listened to him a lot back in the day! I recommend eBay, Trash Day, Polkamon, and honestly all of his Polka Medleys.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parody/Silly Songs Moonface 5 320 Jan 3rd, 2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Moonface