Disney/Pixar Movies
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, the trailer definitely gives a lot of stuff. Like I'd rather the dragon be kept entirely hidden away so no one knows what it's like until they see the movie. At most do a shadow shot of it but nothing else. Although even if they did do that, there's still a lot that would be given away like how everyone is trying to find this dragon for either good or bad. I think just introducing Raya and giving us her purpose with little else would have been enough. Don't even give the motive for it, maybe don't even say she's looking for a dragon. Definitely don't show every single person she meets and then hand us the answer of whether that person is with her or against her, because now we know exactly who is who unless one of them is going to switch sides.

To trim that trailer, cut that whole baby part at the start out. Just get right in at when she catches you up, and when the big guy who sounds like he VA'd a Mulan character appears, just have him say nothing and loom through the doorway and cut it there. Maybe even bring the dialogue forward of "We're not the only ones looking" so we don't know who is looking for good and bad reasons, and if we see multiple people looking who are not shown together then we wonder why are so many parties interested. It doesn't turn into Raya's Gang vs. Bad Gang and keeps an intrigue going for the movie experience. Cut out all the dragon footage except maybe for the shadow we see as it gets summoned, but keep the dialogue of the world being broken that involves the dragon because no one would know it's the dragon responding.

If I was able to and into doing it I'd love to recut that trailer to trim the excess context and see how much better it is in action. The trailer that exists feels like it's more for when the movie is already out and you want to flog some DVD's or whatever.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, the trailer definitely gives a lot of stuff. Like I'd rather the dragon be kept entirely hidden away so no one knows what it's like until they see the movie. At most do a shadow shot of it but nothing else. Although even if they did do that, there's still a lot that would be given away like how everyone is trying to find this dragon for either good or bad. I think just introducing Raya and giving us her purpose with little else would have been enough. Don't even give the motive for it, maybe don't even say she's looking for a dragon. Definitely don't show every single person she meets and then hand us the answer of whether that person is with her or against her, because now we know exactly who is who unless one of them is going to switch sides.

To trim that trailer, cut that whole baby part at the start out. Just get right in at when she catches you up, and when the big guy who sounds like he VA'd a Mulan character appears, just have him say nothing and loom through the doorway and cut it there. Maybe even bring the dialogue forward of "We're not the only ones looking" so we don't know who is looking for good and bad reasons, and if we see multiple people looking who are not shown together then we wonder why are so many parties interested. It doesn't turn into Raya's Gang vs. Bad Gang and keeps an intrigue going for the movie experience. Cut out all the dragon footage except maybe for the shadow we see as it gets summoned, but keep the dialogue of the world being broken that involves the dragon because no one would know it's the dragon responding.

If I was able to and into doing it I'd love to recut that trailer to trim the excess context and see how much better it is in action. The trailer that exists feels like it's more for when the movie is already out and you want to flog some DVD's or whatever.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I dislike those kin of trailers too, a bit too much or way too much in that. Also that baby will become a meme or something...*sigh*.
Really hoping there's more to it, I would like to watch sooner if the film does well. If not or there are reviews saying the trailer gave too much away, then I'll leave it for much later or never.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I dislike those kin of trailers too, a bit too much or way too much in that. Also that baby will become a meme or something...*sigh*.
Really hoping there's more to it, I would like to watch sooner if the film does well. If not or there are reviews saying the trailer gave too much away, then I'll leave it for much later or never.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if they just showed a lot to try and make it more convincing for people to pay for it on Disney+. Maybe they think that being vague will make parents and kids less likely to want to buy in because they don't know exactly what type of movie they're getting or something.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if they just showed a lot to try and make it more convincing for people to pay for it on Disney+. Maybe they think that being vague will make parents and kids less likely to want to buy in because they don't know exactly what type of movie they're getting or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superhero movies? Nebulous 3 657 Feb 27th, 2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Nebulous
  Disney Shows Moonface 3 4,203 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Upcoming Movies 2021 Dragon Lord 13 4,424 Oct 9th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Let's enhance our favorite movies! Nightingale 1 2,979 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Live Action Movies Moonface 2 3,051 Jul 29th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface