State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
State of Play - January 31, 2024 | Summary
Here's a summary of everything shown in today's State of Play presentation:
  • Helldivers II | Trailer
    Release Date: February 8, 2024

• Stellar Blade | Trailer + Discussion Thread
    Extended look at the game, including the plot premise, world, characters and gameplay mechanics.
    Release Date: April 26, 2024

• Sonic x Shadow Generations | Trailer
    Release Date: Autumn 2024

• Zenless Zone Zero | Trailer
    In development for PlayStation 5.
    Release Date: TBA

• Foamstars | Trailer
    Release Date: February 6, 2024

• Dave the Diver | Trailer
    Coming to PlayStation in April, and getting a Godzilla themed DLC in May 2024.
    Release Date: April 2024 (PS5, PS4)

• V Rising | Trailer
    Release Date: 2024

• Silent Hill: The Short Message | Trailer
    Full game free to play!
    Release Date: Today!

• Silent Hill 2 Remake | Trailer

• Judas | Trailer
    From the creator of Bioshock...

• Metro: Awakening VR (PSVR2) | Trailer

• Legendary Tales (PSVR2) | Trailer

• Dragon's Dogma 2 | Trailer + Discussion Thread
    Release Date: March 22, 2024

• Rise of the Ronin | Trailer
    Extended look at the game, including traversal options, combat mechanics and weapons.

• Until Dawn | Trailer
    Rebuilt and enhanced for PS5 and PC.

• Death Stranding 2 | Trailer
    Blink
    Release Date: 2025

• Untitled Kojima Game | Announcement
    A new IP that will be a next generation Action Espionage game from Hideo Kojima after the development of Death Stranding 2 is finished. Not certain if this is the same as the other untitled but previously announced Kojima game.

• Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - State of Play Presentation
    The next State of Play presentation will be focused on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and will air in a week from today.
    State of Play Date: February 6, 2024
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
State of Play - January 31, 2024 | Summary
Here's a summary of everything shown in today's State of Play presentation:
  • Helldivers II | Trailer

• Stellar Blade | Trailer + Discussion Thread
    Extended look at the game, including the plot premise, world, characters and gameplay mechanics.
    Release Date: April 26, 2024

• Sonic x Shadow Generations | Trailer
    Release Date: Autumn 2024

• Zenless Zone Zero | Trailer
    In development for PlayStation 5.

• Foamstars | Trailer
    Release Date: February 6, 2024

• Dave the Diver | Trailer
    Coming to PlayStation in April, and getting a Godzilla themed DLC in May 2024.
    Release Date: April 2024 (PS5, PS4)

• V Rising | Trailer

• Silent Hill: The Short Message | Trailer
    Full game free to play!
    Release Date: Today!

• Silent Hill 2 Remake | Trailer

• Judas | Trailer
    From the creator of Bioshock...

• Metro: Awakening VR (PSVR2) | Trailer

• Legendary Tales (PSVR2) | Trailer

• Dragon's Dogma 2 | Trailer + Discussion Thread

• Rise of the Ronin | Trailer
    Extended look at the game, including traversal options, combat mechanics and weapons.

• Until Dawn | Trailer
    Rebuilt and enhanced for PS5 and PC.

• Death Stranding 2 | Trailer
    Blink
    Release Date: 2025

• Untitled Kojima Game | Announcement
    A new IP that will be a next generation Action Espionage game from Hideo Kojima after the development of Death Stranding 2 is finished. Not certain if this is the same as the other untitled but previously announced Kojima game.

• Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - State of Play Presentation
    The next State of Play presentation will be focused on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and will air in a week from today.
    State of Play Date: February 6, 2024
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,724
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
What a complete waste of time yet again. Once again, Sony gave like 15 minutes to all other games, and then sucked Kojima's dick for 30 minutes. Bruh.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,724 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
What a complete waste of time yet again. Once again, Sony gave like 15 minutes to all other games, and then sucked Kojima's dick for 30 minutes. Bruh.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A relatively whelming SoP for me. Nothing really blew me away or got me excited but that was just down to most of the games not really appealing to me.

I tried to make some sense of the Death Stranding 2 stuff but I gave up pretty quickly on anything that wasn't slapping me in the face with an answer i.e. the games location.

Until Dawn was something I forgot had been leaked for a PC port, and seeing it again I just wonder if it's really going to sell enough to be worth the effort. The original release was almost a decade ago and a big part of that release was people posting their gameplay to YouTube, but that isn't going to happen now for this game I don't think. Anyone who knows the game already certainly isn't going to be drawn in just for better visuals.

Silent Hill: The Short Message being a full game that's free to play and released today was probably the most surprising thing for me. I figured it was going to be a new entry because nothing looked familiar, but I didn't expect Konami to just give the whole thing away. I wonder if they're trying to recapture the magic that PT generated to boost interest in the Silent Hill franchise for when SH2R drops.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A relatively whelming SoP for me. Nothing really blew me away or got me excited but that was just down to most of the games not really appealing to me.

I tried to make some sense of the Death Stranding 2 stuff but I gave up pretty quickly on anything that wasn't slapping me in the face with an answer i.e. the games location.

Until Dawn was something I forgot had been leaked for a PC port, and seeing it again I just wonder if it's really going to sell enough to be worth the effort. The original release was almost a decade ago and a big part of that release was people posting their gameplay to YouTube, but that isn't going to happen now for this game I don't think. Anyone who knows the game already certainly isn't going to be drawn in just for better visuals.

Silent Hill: The Short Message being a full game that's free to play and released today was probably the most surprising thing for me. I figured it was going to be a new entry because nothing looked familiar, but I didn't expect Konami to just give the whole thing away. I wonder if they're trying to recapture the magic that PT generated to boost interest in the Silent Hill franchise for when SH2R drops.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The fact that a game like Until Dawn is getting a remaster for PS5 and PC before Bloodborne shows just how far up their bums PlayStation has their heads right now. After the smashing success of Elden Ring, they could have cashed in SO HARD on a PS5 and PC port of Bloodborne at 60/120 FPS. Combined with how well received the Demon's Souls remake by Bluepoint was, the recipe for success was there. Just have Bluepoint touch up Bloodborne for a remaster and boom, the money just comes flowing in.

Oh, also Rise of the Ronin is looking good still. Get some very nice Nioh vibes from the combat at times, which is a huge plus in my book. DD2 was okay to see, not really a whole lot and nothing to really increase hype more than it already was.

When I saw Zenless Zone Zero start up, I was really hoping for a release date finally, but nope. Though since it says a PS5 version is in development, I wonder if it'll be another Honkai Star Rail situation where the game releases on PC/Mobile first, and then PS5 6-8 months later.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The fact that a game like Until Dawn is getting a remaster for PS5 and PC before Bloodborne shows just how far up their bums PlayStation has their heads right now. After the smashing success of Elden Ring, they could have cashed in SO HARD on a PS5 and PC port of Bloodborne at 60/120 FPS. Combined with how well received the Demon's Souls remake by Bluepoint was, the recipe for success was there. Just have Bluepoint touch up Bloodborne for a remaster and boom, the money just comes flowing in.

Oh, also Rise of the Ronin is looking good still. Get some very nice Nioh vibes from the combat at times, which is a huge plus in my book. DD2 was okay to see, not really a whole lot and nothing to really increase hype more than it already was.

When I saw Zenless Zone Zero start up, I was really hoping for a release date finally, but nope. Though since it says a PS5 version is in development, I wonder if it'll be another Honkai Star Rail situation where the game releases on PC/Mobile first, and then PS5 6-8 months later.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 1st, 2024, 08:42 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
It has to be partly reliant on FromSoft agreeing for Sony to get a Bloodborne remaster put out; I just don't see why else Sony would continue to ignore it. If it's going to happen they need to just pull a FF7R/KH3 style announcement where they just say "Yes, we're doing it, stop asking" even if the thing doesn't come out for another few years.

It wasn't made obvious in the SoP but apparently Until Dawn is getting a movie and that's why they're pushing the IP again with this remastered release. I don't think it'll help drive up interest in the movie though when Sony didn't make it abundantly clear one is happening, that movie might not even get advertised for months, and the actual release is likely next year at best and by then the game will once again be forgotten about just from having been out of peoples minds for so long.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It has to be partly reliant on FromSoft agreeing for Sony to get a Bloodborne remaster put out; I just don't see why else Sony would continue to ignore it. If it's going to happen they need to just pull a FF7R/KH3 style announcement where they just say "Yes, we're doing it, stop asking" even if the thing doesn't come out for another few years.

It wasn't made obvious in the SoP but apparently Until Dawn is getting a movie and that's why they're pushing the IP again with this remastered release. I don't think it'll help drive up interest in the movie though when Sony didn't make it abundantly clear one is happening, that movie might not even get advertised for months, and the actual release is likely next year at best and by then the game will once again be forgotten about just from having been out of peoples minds for so long.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 15th, 2024, 09:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It shouldn't be. Sony fully owns the Bloodborne IP, so they have complete freedom and control with what happens using the IP. Just like Demon's Souls. Fromsoft made the original, but PlayStation had Bluepoint do the remake because they own the IP and were able to choose who remade the game.

I saw someone bring up a good point though. 2025 is Bloodborne's 10-year anniversary, and maybe Sony/PlayStation is waiting until then to drop a Bloodborne Remake or remaster+PC port.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Feb 15th, 2024, 09:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It shouldn't be. Sony fully owns the Bloodborne IP, so they have complete freedom and control with what happens using the IP. Just like Demon's Souls. Fromsoft made the original, but PlayStation had Bluepoint do the remake because they own the IP and were able to choose who remade the game.

I saw someone bring up a good point though. 2025 is Bloodborne's 10-year anniversary, and maybe Sony/PlayStation is waiting until then to drop a Bloodborne Remake or remaster+PC port.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh I didn't realize Sony owned the IP outright. I thought they had joint ownership or at least the publishing rights, so they can choose where something goes but FromSoft chooses whether to oblige a port being put together for wherever Sony wants to put the game.

If nothing for it gets announced near the end of this year I'll really start to doubt a remaster happens at all. I can't see it being announced in 2025 unless they don't plan to go for a March 2025 release.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh I didn't realize Sony owned the IP outright. I thought they had joint ownership or at least the publishing rights, so they can choose where something goes but FromSoft chooses whether to oblige a port being put together for wherever Sony wants to put the game.

If nothing for it gets announced near the end of this year I'll really start to doubt a remaster happens at all. I can't see it being announced in 2025 unless they don't plan to go for a March 2025 release.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 1,696 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,940 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Last of Us [TV Show] Moonface 38 10,963 Jan 10th, 2024, 01:17 AM
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 380 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
  Summer Game Fest 2023 Megathread | LRG3 Showcase Summary Moonface 20 2,772 Jul 13th, 2023, 06:58 PM