State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They spent a lot of time with a few games, so it appeared to end abruptly.

I did like all the games they showed. That Pixar-art styled game was neat looking as well. Returnal was my favorite out of the showcase. That game could be really dope if done correctly.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They spent a lot of time with a few games, so it appeared to end abruptly.

I did like all the games they showed. That Pixar-art styled game was neat looking as well. Returnal was my favorite out of the showcase. That game could be really dope if done correctly.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 27th, 2021, 07:05 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
That Pixar-art styled game was neat looking as well.
I assume you're talking about Kena: Bridge of Spirits? If so that game does look really good! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 27th, 2021, 07:05 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
That Pixar-art styled game was neat looking as well.
I assume you're talking about Kena: Bridge of Spirits? If so that game does look really good! Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's a 20 minute long State of Play tomorrow. I don't know if anything massively notable will be in it since it doesn't seem to be painting itself that way but just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone is curious to tune into it like I will be.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's a 20 minute long State of Play tomorrow. I don't know if anything massively notable will be in it since it doesn't seem to be painting itself that way but just thought I'd mention it here in case anyone is curious to tune into it like I will be.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
State of Play Announced for June 2
A new State of Play presentation is set to air next Thursday on June 2, featuring nearly 30 minutes of announcements and updates including reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2.

The presentation will air on the respective date on Twitch and YouTube at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET.

Unless this is going to be a very condensed NotE3 presentation, I guess Sony isn't going to be doing anything as part of the Summer Game Fest/NotE3 presentations that are starting up a week after this is set to air. Either way, with that looming I'm expecting some big hitters from this one for once so I have more interest in this than I have with previous ones.

With how short it is though, I really can't think of what the big thing will be, and if there's multiple then everything needs to be something notable otherwise the lesser announcements are going to just be lost in the hype of the big ones. Going on just things already announced but awaiting updates, Spider-Man 2 or Wolverine (both by Insomniac) could be here, and Stray is likely to turn up since a release date of July got leaked so this is the only time it could be announced on a presentation.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
State of Play Announced for June 2
A new State of Play presentation is set to air next Thursday on June 2, featuring nearly 30 minutes of announcements and updates including reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2.

The presentation will air on the respective date on Twitch and YouTube at 3pm Pacific / 6pm Eastern / 12:00am CET.

Unless this is going to be a very condensed NotE3 presentation, I guess Sony isn't going to be doing anything as part of the Summer Game Fest/NotE3 presentations that are starting up a week after this is set to air. Either way, with that looming I'm expecting some big hitters from this one for once so I have more interest in this than I have with previous ones.

With how short it is though, I really can't think of what the big thing will be, and if there's multiple then everything needs to be something notable otherwise the lesser announcements are going to just be lost in the hype of the big ones. Going on just things already announced but awaiting updates, Spider-Man 2 or Wolverine (both by Insomniac) could be here, and Stray is likely to turn up since a release date of July got leaked so this is the only time it could be announced on a presentation.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If it's just only 30 minutes, then I suppose it could be a shorter span for announcements than gameplay trailers, or less actually being in there but more focused on like say three big ones, or a mix to fit everything in. Being so near to the old E3 timeslot and before Summer Game Fest, there should be more stuff in this State of Play to keep people talking/interested though so I'll go with a mixture; some just announcements to get them rolling, some gameplay focused, although one main one at the end to close it off.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If it's just only 30 minutes, then I suppose it could be a shorter span for announcements than gameplay trailers, or less actually being in there but more focused on like say three big ones, or a mix to fit everything in. Being so near to the old E3 timeslot and before Summer Game Fest, there should be more stuff in this State of Play to keep people talking/interested though so I'll go with a mixture; some just announcements to get them rolling, some gameplay focused, although one main one at the end to close it off.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Geoff Keighley listed this State of Play in his list of showcases that are already confirmed for Summer Game Fest alongside the Xbox showcase, so I get the impression this is Sony's big showcase for the summer. I went and looked up how long their other previous big showcase presentations have been since State of Play's started and the PlayStation Showcase 2021 comes in at 42:00, and the 2020 PS5 Showcase was about 45:00, and considering that Keighley has already said to expect less third party announcements this year for all these showcases, 30 minutes could actually be on the mark for how long a notable showcase presentation could be.
Both of those showcases I looked at also have a lot of good things in them so I expect big things here now for sure. I forgot entirely about God of War: Ragnarok which is surely going to get shown since that is probably the next biggest Sony game coming out.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Geoff Keighley listed this State of Play in his list of showcases that are already confirmed for Summer Game Fest alongside the Xbox showcase, so I get the impression this is Sony's big showcase for the summer. I went and looked up how long their other previous big showcase presentations have been since State of Play's started and the PlayStation Showcase 2021 comes in at 42:00, and the 2020 PS5 Showcase was about 45:00, and considering that Keighley has already said to expect less third party announcements this year for all these showcases, 30 minutes could actually be on the mark for how long a notable showcase presentation could be.
Both of those showcases I looked at also have a lot of good things in them so I expect big things here now for sure. I forgot entirely about God of War: Ragnarok which is surely going to get shown since that is probably the next biggest Sony game coming out.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As PlayStation themselves aptly put it, tomorrow is a big day as not only will there be a Nintendo Direct, but there's also going to be a State of Play:

Unlike Nintendo however, Sony will not be cancelling the live stream in the UK for the recent passing of Queen Elizabeth.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As PlayStation themselves aptly put it, tomorrow is a big day as not only will there be a Nintendo Direct, but there's also going to be a State of Play:

Unlike Nintendo however, Sony will not be cancelling the live stream in the UK for the recent passing of Queen Elizabeth.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well I think today's State of Play was pretty decent, although given the length and that almost half the things shown have their own discussion threads already, I didn't see a need to put together a dedicated thread for today's showcase. I will however link all the threads that I posted news into from it:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well I think today's State of Play was pretty decent, although given the length and that almost half the things shown have their own discussion threads already, I didn't see a need to put together a dedicated thread for today's showcase. I will however link all the threads that I posted news into from it:
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
No announcement of an Octopath Traveler port or PS, automatic 0/10 what is PlayStation even doing time to switch to Xbox.

Okay that last part made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but it's really disappointing to see Square Enix continue to have their heads shoved up their asses and make stupid decisions like this. What's even the point of releasing OP2 on PS4/5 if you're not going to give that userbase the first game? I don't know who at SE continues to make these utterly idiotic decisions, but they need to be fired asap.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
No announcement of an Octopath Traveler port or PS, automatic 0/10 what is PlayStation even doing time to switch to Xbox.

Okay that last part made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, but it's really disappointing to see Square Enix continue to have their heads shoved up their asses and make stupid decisions like this. What's even the point of releasing OP2 on PS4/5 if you're not going to give that userbase the first game? I don't know who at SE continues to make these utterly idiotic decisions, but they need to be fired asap.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 14th, 2022, 02:56 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Apparently the majority of this State of Play was for games that will be making a showing at TGS, so perhaps SE are planning to announce their ports during that event instead. If it doesn't show up there though then I'll start to wonder if SE do plan to bring Octopath 1 to PlayStation.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 14th, 2022, 02:56 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Apparently the majority of this State of Play was for games that will be making a showing at TGS, so perhaps SE are planning to announce their ports during that event instead. If it doesn't show up there though then I'll start to wonder if SE do plan to bring Octopath 1 to PlayStation.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I really hope so. I mean, I have Octopath on both Switch and Steam, so it's not like I NEED it on PS4/5, but man my trophy list would look beautiful with that game's name on it with a nice "100%" next to it.

Also that GoW DualSense controller is actually pretty nice and I'm probably going to waste money on it.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I really hope so. I mean, I have Octopath on both Switch and Steam, so it's not like I NEED it on PS4/5, but man my trophy list would look beautiful with that game's name on it with a nice "100%" next to it.

Also that GoW DualSense controller is actually pretty nice and I'm probably going to waste money on it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I have to agree, that was a very nice controller; I almost thought they were going to end the State of Play on that note ROFL

I'm also a bit surprised they didn't have a follow-up on the customizable controller they were offering. I suppose those details are still being ironed out.

Also 0/10 not enough farming RPGs Whistle ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I have to agree, that was a very nice controller; I almost thought they were going to end the State of Play on that note ROFL

I'm also a bit surprised they didn't have a follow-up on the customizable controller they were offering. I suppose those details are still being ironed out.

Also 0/10 not enough farming RPGs Whistle ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
For those interested in this following line-up, new State of Play was just announced for this coming Thursday at 1 PT / 4 ET / 9 GMT

15 minutes of the new Suicide Squad game, PSVR2 games, and small text print "third party games!!!"

Any expectations as to what could possibly be these other "third party games"? Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
For those interested in this following line-up, new State of Play was just announced for this coming Thursday at 1 PT / 4 ET / 9 GMT

15 minutes of the new Suicide Squad game, PSVR2 games, and small text print "third party games!!!"

Any expectations as to what could possibly be these other "third party games"? Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I had no interest in the Suicide Squad game, but as it's going to be Conroy's last performance as Batman I'll watch, even if the character doesn't show up in the 15 mins. Maybe there'll be something in the third party section but doubt it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I had no interest in the Suicide Squad game, but as it's going to be Conroy's last performance as Batman I'll watch, even if the character doesn't show up in the 15 mins. Maybe there'll be something in the third party section but doubt it.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
How to sum up every State of Play in one picture:

[Image: how-this-update-got-me-feeling-like-v0-9...f85be207a0]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
How to sum up every State of Play in one picture:

[Image: how-this-update-got-me-feeling-like-v0-9...f85be207a0]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 1,699 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,944 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Last of Us [TV Show] Moonface 38 10,968 Jan 10th, 2024, 01:17 AM
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 381 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
  Summer Game Fest 2023 Megathread | LRG3 Showcase Summary Moonface 20 2,775 Jul 13th, 2023, 06:58 PM