Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Oh & look their FIRST Sony Direct just happens to be announced on my birthday. Awesome! Grin
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Oh & look their FIRST Sony Direct just happens to be announced on my birthday. Awesome! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Given this is the first one, I expect something notable to come out of it so as to make an impression.

I'm not surprised to see Sony doing this though, since Microsoft do it with Inside Xbox and Nintendo popularised the approach with their Directs. If this leads to a reality where Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft use these throughout the year to give updates and big announcements, I'm all for it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Given this is the first one, I expect something notable to come out of it so as to make an impression.

I'm not surprised to see Sony doing this though, since Microsoft do it with Inside Xbox and Nintendo popularised the approach with their Directs. If this leads to a reality where Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft use these throughout the year to give updates and big announcements, I'm all for it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I'm glad they're taking this approach, or at least any approach because their outlook for 2019 was extremely dire and them backing out of E3 after skipping their own PS Experience in December was nuts.

Does anyone expect new announcements or do you think it'll be big updates to known things?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I'm glad they're taking this approach, or at least any approach because their outlook for 2019 was extremely dire and them backing out of E3 after skipping their own PS Experience in December was nuts.

Does anyone expect new announcements or do you think it'll be big updates to known things?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm honestly not really expecting anything amazing from Sony for a while not until the PS5 if I'm honest.

The PS4 recently got a lot of good exclusive and I feel like the development teams will slowly start to switch over to PS5. I am hoping the rumor of being able to play all the old games on the PS5 are true if it is I will probably pick one up as soon as I can start playing all the old Persona games.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm honestly not really expecting anything amazing from Sony for a while not until the PS5 if I'm honest.

The PS4 recently got a lot of good exclusive and I feel like the development teams will slowly start to switch over to PS5. I am hoping the rumor of being able to play all the old games on the PS5 are true if it is I will probably pick one up as soon as I can start playing all the old Persona games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh, tomorrow at 9PM. Need to try and remind myself to watch this. I hope there's some new announcements, needs to be really for a first broadcast. I'd disappointed seeing only updates to games already out or updates that doesn't do much to upcoming titles.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh, tomorrow at 9PM. Need to try and remind myself to watch this. I hope there's some new announcements, needs to be really for a first broadcast. I'd disappointed seeing only updates to games already out or updates that doesn't do much to upcoming titles.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Updates to games that are coming and nothing else would make this a waste of a debut show unless they throw us a big bone like an update for The Last of Us Part II, since we haven't seen that in a while. I don't need a new big title to be announced, but I want something more than a show that feels like updates Sony could've written in a PS Blog.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Updates to games that are coming and nothing else would make this a waste of a debut show unless they throw us a big bone like an update for The Last of Us Part II, since we haven't seen that in a while. I don't need a new big title to be announced, but I want something more than a show that feels like updates Sony could've written in a PS Blog.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You know I wonder if their will be plans to put The Last of Us part 2 on the PS4 & PS5?

Do you think they potentially could announce plans for the PS5?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You know I wonder if their will be plans to put The Last of Us part 2 on the PS4 & PS5?

Do you think they potentially could announce plans for the PS5?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt a PS5 would be in this. Sony would've played it up with some shit like "Witness the future of play" or something to allude to it. Sure, not hinting beforehand makes it more of a shock, but it doesn't seem like a good way to debut a show by having everyone find out about something big like that afterwards because there wasn't something hinted at to hook people into watching the show first.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt a PS5 would be in this. Sony would've played it up with some shit like "Witness the future of play" or something to allude to it. Sure, not hinting beforehand makes it more of a shock, but it doesn't seem like a good way to debut a show by having everyone find out about something big like that afterwards because there wasn't something hinted at to hook people into watching the show first.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That was the biggest waste of 20 minutes I've ever experienced.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That was the biggest waste of 20 minutes I've ever experienced.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Agreed. I expected the Iron Man announcement at the start to be something bigger and in the same vein as Spider-Man, only for it to end up being a VR title. Also, I get VR needs exposure, but I felt like everything was about VR whenever possible.

The only thing that made it worth my time was the CTR trailer. If not for that I'd have got nothing out of it at all.

Surprised we didn't get something about TLoU 2 or even MediEvil (I forgot about that game before). The lack of attention Sony has given to MediEvil is going to end up leading it into an early grave sales wise. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Agreed. I expected the Iron Man announcement at the start to be something bigger and in the same vein as Spider-Man, only for it to end up being a VR title. Also, I get VR needs exposure, but I felt like everything was about VR whenever possible.

The only thing that made it worth my time was the CTR trailer. If not for that I'd have got nothing out of it at all.

Surprised we didn't get something about TLoU 2 or even MediEvil (I forgot about that game before). The lack of attention Sony has given to MediEvil is going to end up leading it into an early grave sales wise. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ready Set Heroes was the most interesting thing out of this for me. A multiplayer dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons that results in a race to the end where you have to face off against a team that went through the same dungeon as you? That seems really interesting.

It's definitely a game I could see one of my friends and I sinking a lot of time into.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ready Set Heroes was the most interesting thing out of this for me. A multiplayer dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons that results in a race to the end where you have to face off against a team that went through the same dungeon as you? That seems really interesting.

It's definitely a game I could see one of my friends and I sinking a lot of time into.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
[Image: 7mA6ErA.jpg]

That pretty much sums up my face at the end of the presentation. I turned away for a minute to talk to a coworker and I came back and it was over. Just...what. Blink
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
[Image: 7mA6ErA.jpg]

That pretty much sums up my face at the end of the presentation. I turned away for a minute to talk to a coworker and I came back and it was over. Just...what. Blink
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yeah, I read Twitter & most people said it was mostly vr stuff, so I skipped watching it. *shrug*
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yeah, I read Twitter & most people said it was mostly vr stuff, so I skipped watching it. *shrug*
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So after watching it I thought it was very meh and underwhelming. Only really useful for a huge sony fan that looking for new games to potentially pick up, but there really wasn't anything big, but I don't think any of these direct have to be big...just I think sony would of been better off waiting for a big announcement to start.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So after watching it I thought it was very meh and underwhelming. Only really useful for a huge sony fan that looking for new games to potentially pick up, but there really wasn't anything big, but I don't think any of these direct have to be big...just I think sony would of been better off waiting for a big announcement to start.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not every one of these need to be big, but a debut show really should have at least something big to take away. This first show may have set up an expectation that we'll get nothing big unless Sony tease it beforehand and/or that the show will be a waste of time.

I liked the format, but I don't care to see another of these when for all I know it'll be 75% VR and fluff. If they want to push VR that much it'd be better to say they're doing it in advance so people who don't care for VR aren't spending over half a show watching it. It just ends up generating a bad response, especially when you open with the expectation of something other than a VR Iron Man game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not every one of these need to be big, but a debut show really should have at least something big to take away. This first show may have set up an expectation that we'll get nothing big unless Sony tease it beforehand and/or that the show will be a waste of time.

I liked the format, but I don't care to see another of these when for all I know it'll be 75% VR and fluff. If they want to push VR that much it'd be better to say they're doing it in advance so people who don't care for VR aren't spending over half a show watching it. It just ends up generating a bad response, especially when you open with the expectation of something other than a VR Iron Man game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,687 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Last of Us [TV Show] Moonface 38 10,725 Jan 10th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,539 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 351 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
  Summer Game Fest 2023 Megathread | LRG3 Showcase Summary Moonface 20 2,603 Jul 13th, 2023, 06:58 PM