Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Missed it on the day, since I was a bit busy in the evening and did generally forget, until watching it yesterday. Just like everyone else, wasn't much there. Got a good laugh out of the like and dislike bar on YouTube for the video though. A shame there wasn't anything really noteworthy. OK, the CTR was fine but that was it for me. Was thinking the Iron Man segment was going to be just a first person view for the game then see more in another view, but turned out to be a VR title. I suppose good to see VR getting attention, but too much featured in this first State of Play.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Missed it on the day, since I was a bit busy in the evening and did generally forget, until watching it yesterday. Just like everyone else, wasn't much there. Got a good laugh out of the like and dislike bar on YouTube for the video though. A shame there wasn't anything really noteworthy. OK, the CTR was fine but that was it for me. Was thinking the Iron Man segment was going to be just a first person view for the game then see more in another view, but turned out to be a VR title. I suppose good to see VR getting attention, but too much featured in this first State of Play.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I agree with Moony: for it being their introductory presentation of this format, i couldn't have thought up of a worse lineup to include, honestly. This was about as helpful as Square's E3 press conference from last year. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I agree with Moony: for it being their introductory presentation of this format, i couldn't have thought up of a worse lineup to include, honestly. This was about as helpful as Square's E3 press conference from last year. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Sony have announced that another State of Play will be taking place on May 9th, with an extended look at MediEvil, a first look at a new game, and more.

Nice to see MediEvil is getting attention, because Sony have been really ignoring that game since they announced it and I was really expecting it to be in the last SoP. The new game would excite me, but it could just end up being a VR game or something that isn't major in favour of waiting for a time closer to E3 when all the juicy stuff tends to hit. Although if I had to throw out what I wish the game will be, then anything decent related to Ape Escape. I can't think of anything else that I would want it to be and I doubt it'll be a big new IP this late into the generation.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Sony have announced that another State of Play will be taking place on May 9th, with an extended look at MediEvil, a first look at a new game, and more.

Nice to see MediEvil is getting attention, because Sony have been really ignoring that game since they announced it and I was really expecting it to be in the last SoP. The new game would excite me, but it could just end up being a VR game or something that isn't major in favour of waiting for a time closer to E3 when all the juicy stuff tends to hit. Although if I had to throw out what I wish the game will be, then anything decent related to Ape Escape. I can't think of anything else that I would want it to be and I doubt it'll be a big new IP this late into the generation.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
New State of Play announced;

[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
New State of Play announced;

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking forward to this one just because of this statement:

Quote:We’re preparing a pretty hefty show, weighing in at around 20 minutes and sporting a fresh new look. And we’ll have some great news to share with you, including new game reveals, new content from PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios, and a host of other updates. Should be fun!

Oh, and it probably bears mentioning: Don’t expect any updates related to our next-gen plans in this episode.
It doesn't help that I expect TLoU Part II news during this, since something is meant to be going on with that game on the 24th. MediEvil should get some good coverage since it finally went gold and comes out soon, and I really hope if it does show that the problems that have persisted through all of its trailers and footage so far have finally been dealt with.

Dream announcement would be an Ape Escape remake, but I feel that's almost too big of an announcement to make for a SoP. Then again, if Sony want these to start becoming a notable event like Nintendo Direct, they need to start making big hitting announcements like that during them.

Death Stranding I hope doesn't appear just because it doesn't need to. At best just mention there's TGS footage out there now for people who might not know about it somehow.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Looking forward to this one just because of this statement:

Quote:We’re preparing a pretty hefty show, weighing in at around 20 minutes and sporting a fresh new look. And we’ll have some great news to share with you, including new game reveals, new content from PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios, and a host of other updates. Should be fun!

Oh, and it probably bears mentioning: Don’t expect any updates related to our next-gen plans in this episode.
It doesn't help that I expect TLoU Part II news during this, since something is meant to be going on with that game on the 24th. MediEvil should get some good coverage since it finally went gold and comes out soon, and I really hope if it does show that the problems that have persisted through all of its trailers and footage so far have finally been dealt with.

Dream announcement would be an Ape Escape remake, but I feel that's almost too big of an announcement to make for a SoP. Then again, if Sony want these to start becoming a notable event like Nintendo Direct, they need to start making big hitting announcements like that during them.

Death Stranding I hope doesn't appear just because it doesn't need to. At best just mention there's TGS footage out there now for people who might not know about it somehow.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ape Escape remake HAS TO HAPPEN fuCK I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. D=

Yeah honestly this SoP has to hit it out of the park for me. Otherwise I'm really just gonna stop tuning in and just wait for any possible news to come out. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ape Escape remake HAS TO HAPPEN fuCK I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. D=

Yeah honestly this SoP has to hit it out of the park for me. Otherwise I'm really just gonna stop tuning in and just wait for any possible news to come out. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's hitting it out the park for me just because of this one tweet:

The rest can be total shit for all I care now.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's hitting it out the park for me just because of this one tweet:

The rest can be total shit for all I care now.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
About time we got something new from TLOU 2, although I might be forgetting something. Almost forgot Sony weren't at E3 this year too.

Glad this is on a Tuesday, should be able to catch it...at 9PM.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
About time we got something new from TLOU 2, although I might be forgetting something. Almost forgot Sony weren't at E3 this year too.

Glad this is on a Tuesday, should be able to catch it...at 9PM.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Despite the new format, I think these shows are still sorely lacking. With a Nintendo Direct, I will always watch it even if nothing was said about the content prior because it always guarantees to have at least a few big notable things to come from it. Meanwhile, this State of Play once again lacks any surprises that made me glad to have watched it, or wish I hadn't missed had I chosen to not watch it. A Nintendo Direct could have said nothing about TLoU2 and tossed it into the end as a surprise, and people would still have tuned in. I really feel Sony needed to say what was the big thing for their show just to get people to give a shit about sitting through the rest of it. There's just rarely anything notable happening, it's just a glorified sizzle reel of small news dragging on for 15 minutes or so with the odd announcement of something new sprinkled in that ranges from "eh" to "neat but nothing to call home about".

Making this new format very similar to Nintendo Directs makes it even more glaring to me of the shortcomings the show still has. Comparing the two, Sony has yet to put anything engaging in the opening. The first one had the shot by being an Iron Man game but got muddied by being a VR title. The next one opened with Monster Hunter, which was fine if not for the fact Iceborne wasn't an announcement. This latest one showed a game that again, isn't something that I think was engaging to most people as an opener. MediEvil having a demo would've been a better opener if I had to pick something from the show to move to that slot.

I try to keep an open mind watching these, but it's hard to not find them underwhelming when a lot of stuff is forgettable and nothing surprising happens in them, and another company has the same format and does a superior job at it which further exposes the shortcomings of its competitor show.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Despite the new format, I think these shows are still sorely lacking. With a Nintendo Direct, I will always watch it even if nothing was said about the content prior because it always guarantees to have at least a few big notable things to come from it. Meanwhile, this State of Play once again lacks any surprises that made me glad to have watched it, or wish I hadn't missed had I chosen to not watch it. A Nintendo Direct could have said nothing about TLoU2 and tossed it into the end as a surprise, and people would still have tuned in. I really feel Sony needed to say what was the big thing for their show just to get people to give a shit about sitting through the rest of it. There's just rarely anything notable happening, it's just a glorified sizzle reel of small news dragging on for 15 minutes or so with the odd announcement of something new sprinkled in that ranges from "eh" to "neat but nothing to call home about".

Making this new format very similar to Nintendo Directs makes it even more glaring to me of the shortcomings the show still has. Comparing the two, Sony has yet to put anything engaging in the opening. The first one had the shot by being an Iron Man game but got muddied by being a VR title. The next one opened with Monster Hunter, which was fine if not for the fact Iceborne wasn't an announcement. This latest one showed a game that again, isn't something that I think was engaging to most people as an opener. MediEvil having a demo would've been a better opener if I had to pick something from the show to move to that slot.

I try to keep an open mind watching these, but it's hard to not find them underwhelming when a lot of stuff is forgettable and nothing surprising happens in them, and another company has the same format and does a superior job at it which further exposes the shortcomings of its competitor show.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Totally agree. I got bored watching through all of the latest State of Play other than MediEvil, then once The Last of Us 2 came on, that gave it a little something but overall it was still shambles to me. Of course I enjoyed what I saw from TLOU, but watching live was almost wasteful. Eh.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Totally agree. I got bored watching through all of the latest State of Play other than MediEvil, then once The Last of Us 2 came on, that gave it a little something but overall it was still shambles to me. Of course I enjoyed what I saw from TLOU, but watching live was almost wasteful. Eh.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What's funny is that I seem to miss the 'State of Plays' that seem kind of meh-ish in content & only tune in when it matters. I find that kind of weird; almost as if it's a gut feeling of when I know it's going to be good or bad. Which is nice for me, but not so for everyone else. xp
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What's funny is that I seem to miss the 'State of Plays' that seem kind of meh-ish in content & only tune in when it matters. I find that kind of weird; almost as if it's a gut feeling of when I know it's going to be good or bad. Which is nice for me, but not so for everyone else. xp
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I tried doing that my gut would make me tune in when everything but what I want to see is on. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I tried doing that my gut would make me tune in when everything but what I want to see is on. Rolleyes
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 26th, 2019, 11:33 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, the thing is... This is the second time I've been right. So, in time I'll see how right I am on missing the State of Plays vs watching them. Still, sounds to me like Sony needs to take a page out of Nintendo's Directs & make them better.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Sep 26th, 2019, 11:33 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, the thing is... This is the second time I've been right. So, in time I'll see how right I am on missing the State of Plays vs watching them. Still, sounds to me like Sony needs to take a page out of Nintendo's Directs & make them better.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Forgot we had this until just now otherwise I'd have put the announcement of today's show in here.

Anyway, the State of Play that was airing today just ended, and honestly I think it was pretty decent. Nothing really super major for most of it, but I did find most of the games interesting even if I don't intend to get them all. Even the Five Nights At Freddy's game looked like it could have potential, assuming the robots actually pursue you as well as was shown in the trailer.

Very surprised there was nothing for Ratchet & Clank though. That was the one game I would have bet money on being present considering it has an actual release date. The lack of Horizon and God of War make me expect those games are not coming this year though.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Forgot we had this until just now otherwise I'd have put the announcement of today's show in here.

Anyway, the State of Play that was airing today just ended, and honestly I think it was pretty decent. Nothing really super major for most of it, but I did find most of the games interesting even if I don't intend to get them all. Even the Five Nights At Freddy's game looked like it could have potential, assuming the robots actually pursue you as well as was shown in the trailer.

Very surprised there was nothing for Ratchet & Clank though. That was the one game I would have bet money on being present considering it has an actual release date. The lack of Horizon and God of War make me expect those games are not coming this year though.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
No Bloodborne 2, automatic F for Sony's grade.

The sad thing is that the Bloodborne producer left Sony yesterday, so the chances of a Bloodborne 2 might be gone with him, or at the very least if we ever get BB2, it could potentially be absolute crap with a different producer. FeelsBadMan
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
No Bloodborne 2, automatic F for Sony's grade.

The sad thing is that the Bloodborne producer left Sony yesterday, so the chances of a Bloodborne 2 might be gone with him, or at the very least if we ever get BB2, it could potentially be absolute crap with a different producer. FeelsBadMan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,682 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Last of Us [TV Show] Moonface 38 10,724 Jan 10th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,536 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 351 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
  Summer Game Fest 2023 Megathread | LRG3 Showcase Summary Moonface 20 2,603 Jul 13th, 2023, 06:58 PM