Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah an update to the farming and maximising WT. Thought the single lap for Ring Rally would get changed. I've barely touched the mode though nor used it for farming. Know I could of but I didn't find it as fun to races.

Remember when WT reset at 3PM my time. Kinda preferred that to 9PM but allows me to wait for Moony. Of course don't expect us to play every evening my time. Whenever we feel like it or happen to both be online.

Ah, so you know now I won't be playing tomorrow or Sunday as I'll be away from my PS4 then, and doing a long shift too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah an update to the farming and maximising WT. Thought the single lap for Ring Rally would get changed. I've barely touched the mode though nor used it for farming. Know I could of but I didn't find it as fun to races.

Remember when WT reset at 3PM my time. Kinda preferred that to 9PM but allows me to wait for Moony. Of course don't expect us to play every evening my time. Whenever we feel like it or happen to both be online.

Ah, so you know now I won't be playing tomorrow or Sunday as I'll be away from my PS4 then, and doing a long shift too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I could play every evening if you wanted. Doesn't matter to me. Tongue

Aww, darn. Well at least I know not to wait for you today then. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I could play every evening if you wanted. Doesn't matter to me. Tongue

Aww, darn. Well at least I know not to wait for you today then. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm really loving the additions this GP is bringing! The theme is super well done and implemented throughout, with all the little details in everything, down to the track flooring and exhaust chocolate trails. =3
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm really loving the additions this GP is bringing! The theme is super well done and implemented throughout, with all the little details in everything, down to the track flooring and exhaust chocolate trails. =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Rustland GP Contents Revealed
The next Grand Prix for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled starts tomorrow, and here's everything the Rustland's will have to offer!

[Image: jdexf2wktya41.jpg]

Not shown on the roadmap is a new game mode, called Golden Wumpa Hunt:

Activision Wrote:
A new game feature is available starting on January 16 – the Golden Wumpa Hunt. Ready up on any course, then take off and try to catch the Golden Wumpa Fruit. The fruit will be hiding in glowing crates. Follow the glow and smash through the crates to collect the Golden Wumpa Fruit. You’ll be rewarded with a stash of Wumpa Coins for your efforts; plus there are several Grand Prix challenges tied to capturing these Golden Wumpas.

Chick & Stew also have new costumes, but those are obtained through winning races as those characters instead of unlocked through the conventional GP means.

Finally, you can see some of the new content in action in the trailer for the Rustland GP: Rustland GP Trailer

Megamix looks so good! Wow Also, it's hard to see in the trailer but there's a new mask that has a mixed appearance of the designs of Aku Aku and Uka Uka from the Titans games: https://i.redd.it/r8rg8ccfwya41.jpg

Surprised how close to the start of the GP they announced this, but I'm not gonna complain. Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Rustland GP Contents Revealed
The next Grand Prix for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled starts tomorrow, and here's everything the Rustland's will have to offer!

[Image: jdexf2wktya41.jpg]

Not shown on the roadmap is a new game mode, called Golden Wumpa Hunt:

Activision Wrote:
A new game feature is available starting on January 16 – the Golden Wumpa Hunt. Ready up on any course, then take off and try to catch the Golden Wumpa Fruit. The fruit will be hiding in glowing crates. Follow the glow and smash through the crates to collect the Golden Wumpa Fruit. You’ll be rewarded with a stash of Wumpa Coins for your efforts; plus there are several Grand Prix challenges tied to capturing these Golden Wumpas.

Chick & Stew also have new costumes, but those are obtained through winning races as those characters instead of unlocked through the conventional GP means.

Finally, you can see some of the new content in action in the trailer for the Rustland GP: Rustland GP Trailer

Megamix looks so good! Wow Also, it's hard to see in the trailer but there's a new mask that has a mixed appearance of the designs of Aku Aku and Uka Uka from the Titans games: https://i.redd.it/r8rg8ccfwya41.jpg

Surprised how close to the start of the GP they announced this, but I'm not gonna complain. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Got such a Mad Max feel to the track, does look pretty cool. Will try and play this weekend for bonus. Not bothered about the new mode, at least it's something. I assume Megamix is the only new character, which I'm fine with. Do agree he/it looks good.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Got such a Mad Max feel to the track, does look pretty cool. Will try and play this weekend for bonus. Not bothered about the new mode, at least it's something. I assume Megamix is the only new character, which I'm fine with. Do agree he/it looks good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Megamix is the only new character for this GP. I doubt we'll see many GP's going forward that have a lot of characters since there isn't a large number of them left at this point.

I like the new feature just for the fact it gives extra coins. Hopefully it gives a decent amount.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Megamix is the only new character for this GP. I doubt we'll see many GP's going forward that have a lot of characters since there isn't a large number of them left at this point.

I like the new feature just for the fact it gives extra coins. Hopefully it gives a decent amount.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Next GP is the Last One
Beenox has announced that the GP following the Rustland Grand Prix will be the final one for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. While full details of the last Grand Prix are yet to be announced (although Velo is confirmed to be the sole new character addition), here is what Beenox says players can expect for the game going forward after that GP:

• Challenge System
    The challenge system that has been present for every Grand Prix that awards Nitro upon completion will be remaining in the game permanently. After the last Grand Prix is over, the challenge system will offer Daily, Weekly, and Monthly challenges that reward Wumpa Coins instead of Nitro.

• Pit Stop Refresh
    Hate seeing items in the Pit Stop you don't want right now? You will be able to refresh the store selection twice per day to increase your chances of seeing something you want. Also, if you have ever missed out on any Grand Prix items, every single one will be in the Pit Stop.

• Developer Time Trials
    Oxide will no longer be the king of the tracks, as Beenox will be adding time trials that are based on the best times achieved by the Beenox team. Beating every single one of their times will give you a special reward that has yet to be revealed.
  • Future Content
    Although the Grand Prix's will be over, there will still be new content developed for the game, including: new characters, new karts, new legendary skins, legendary skin re-colors, new decals, and new paint jobs.

Honestly, I'm happy about this. The grind was starting to become tedious and I've started getting to the point where the online doesn't appeal to me enough to play it every single week for multiple days. I'll grind this final GP for the 5% kart decal and then after that I'll just take my time getting all the Pit Stop items. If the challenge system offers a decent amount of coins, I might not even bother with online except for on weekends if I feel like it. Definitely only going to do monthly and weekly challenges on a weekend though, so that I get the 2x bonus in races while completing them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Next GP is the Last One
Beenox has announced that the GP following the Rustland Grand Prix will be the final one for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. While full details of the last Grand Prix are yet to be announced (although Velo is confirmed to be the sole new character addition), here is what Beenox says players can expect for the game going forward after that GP:

• Challenge System
    The challenge system that has been present for every Grand Prix that awards Nitro upon completion will be remaining in the game permanently. After the last Grand Prix is over, the challenge system will offer Daily, Weekly, and Monthly challenges that reward Wumpa Coins instead of Nitro.

• Pit Stop Refresh
    Hate seeing items in the Pit Stop you don't want right now? You will be able to refresh the store selection twice per day to increase your chances of seeing something you want. Also, if you have ever missed out on any Grand Prix items, every single one will be in the Pit Stop.

• Developer Time Trials
    Oxide will no longer be the king of the tracks, as Beenox will be adding time trials that are based on the best times achieved by the Beenox team. Beating every single one of their times will give you a special reward that has yet to be revealed.
  • Future Content
    Although the Grand Prix's will be over, there will still be new content developed for the game, including: new characters, new karts, new legendary skins, legendary skin re-colors, new decals, and new paint jobs.

Honestly, I'm happy about this. The grind was starting to become tedious and I've started getting to the point where the online doesn't appeal to me enough to play it every single week for multiple days. I'll grind this final GP for the 5% kart decal and then after that I'll just take my time getting all the Pit Stop items. If the challenge system offers a decent amount of coins, I might not even bother with online except for on weekends if I feel like it. Definitely only going to do monthly and weekly challenges on a weekend though, so that I get the 2x bonus in races while completing them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Gasmoxia Grand Prix Details
Beenox has released the details for the last ever Grand Prix for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, the Gasmoxia Grand Prix.

[Image: i0mgvge3owh41.jpg]

Emperor Velo XXVI will be the sole new character addition for this Grand Prix, and with him comes a brand new batch of Time Trials to beat. Beating all of Oxide's and Velo's times will get you two new decals for the Champion Kart. The Beenox developer times will be added to the game after this Grand Prix, so now might be a good time to get some practice in before those drop!

The new track is called Drive-Thru Danger, where a fast food war between Nuclear Pizza and Toxic Burger is kicking off in the skies of Gasmoxia for CTR TV sponsorship rights! This is one of the most technical tracks in CTR history with twists, turns, and shortcuts that only the bold dare attempt.

If you haven't earned the Champion Kart yet, this may be your final time to do so by getting in the top 5% of the Champion or Nitro leaderboards. After this Grand Prix is over, there is currently no known way to obtain the kart unless Beenox intends to have it unlocked by finishing the Oxide and Velo Time Trials.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Gasmoxia Grand Prix Details
Beenox has released the details for the last ever Grand Prix for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, the Gasmoxia Grand Prix.

[Image: i0mgvge3owh41.jpg]

Emperor Velo XXVI will be the sole new character addition for this Grand Prix, and with him comes a brand new batch of Time Trials to beat. Beating all of Oxide's and Velo's times will get you two new decals for the Champion Kart. The Beenox developer times will be added to the game after this Grand Prix, so now might be a good time to get some practice in before those drop!

The new track is called Drive-Thru Danger, where a fast food war between Nuclear Pizza and Toxic Burger is kicking off in the skies of Gasmoxia for CTR TV sponsorship rights! This is one of the most technical tracks in CTR history with twists, turns, and shortcuts that only the bold dare attempt.

If you haven't earned the Champion Kart yet, this may be your final time to do so by getting in the top 5% of the Champion or Nitro leaderboards. After this Grand Prix is over, there is currently no known way to obtain the kart unless Beenox intends to have it unlocked by finishing the Oxide and Velo Time Trials.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ended up not playing in the Rustland GP. Glad items from past GPs will be available to get now. Don't know how much I'm willing to play for this one. Might play on a weekend or two. Although am interested to see what the new track will be like.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ended up not playing in the Rustland GP. Glad items from past GPs will be available to get now. Don't know how much I'm willing to play for this one. Might play on a weekend or two. Although am interested to see what the new track will be like.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just tried the new track and holy shit is it hard. I don't even know how speed class is meant to keep blue fire on this track.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just tried the new track and holy shit is it hard. I don't even know how speed class is meant to keep blue fire on this track.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Post-Grand Prix Content Announced for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
The Grand Prix's are over, but the content is still coming! A new update available now for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will bring the following content:

• Beenox Pack, which unlocks Geary, Crunch, Beenox-themed skins for Crash, Cortex, Crunch, and Geary, a Beenox-themed kart, a Beenox-themed paint job, a Beenox-themed sticker, and Beenox-themed wheels
  • Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Wumpa Challenges
  • Ghost Hunt returns to Nina's Nightmare permanently
  • Golden Wumpa's will remain in the game permanently
  • Beenox Developer Time Trials, which if beaten unlocks a special set of legendary wheels
  • New Characters - Lab Assistant, Baby Cortex, and Baby N. Tropy
  • New Karts - Neon Hawk Airplane and Nitro GT Kart
  • New legendary skins
  • New color-variations for existing legendary skins
  • An assortment of new customization items for karts
  • Pit Stop Refresh - You can refresh the Pit Stop twice each day to cycle in new items to buy
  • Improved Rilla Roo - Due to popular demand, Rilla Roo's model has been updated and is available as a new skin
  • Iron Checkpoint Crate - Thought King Chicken was the most epic character? Think again, because the Iron Checkpoint Crate is a new secret racer that can be unlocked by breaking the Beenox crate in every track
  • Cup Difficulty Rewards - Beat every cup on each difficulty to unlock new paint jobs
For a deeper look at the new content, check out the Activision Blog Post.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Post-Grand Prix Content Announced for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
The Grand Prix's are over, but the content is still coming! A new update available now for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will bring the following content:

• Beenox Pack, which unlocks Geary, Crunch, Beenox-themed skins for Crash, Cortex, Crunch, and Geary, a Beenox-themed kart, a Beenox-themed paint job, a Beenox-themed sticker, and Beenox-themed wheels
  • Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Wumpa Challenges
  • Ghost Hunt returns to Nina's Nightmare permanently
  • Golden Wumpa's will remain in the game permanently
  • Beenox Developer Time Trials, which if beaten unlocks a special set of legendary wheels
  • New Characters - Lab Assistant, Baby Cortex, and Baby N. Tropy
  • New Karts - Neon Hawk Airplane and Nitro GT Kart
  • New legendary skins
  • New color-variations for existing legendary skins
  • An assortment of new customization items for karts
  • Pit Stop Refresh - You can refresh the Pit Stop twice each day to cycle in new items to buy
  • Improved Rilla Roo - Due to popular demand, Rilla Roo's model has been updated and is available as a new skin
  • Iron Checkpoint Crate - Thought King Chicken was the most epic character? Think again, because the Iron Checkpoint Crate is a new secret racer that can be unlocked by breaking the Beenox crate in every track
  • Cup Difficulty Rewards - Beat every cup on each difficulty to unlock new paint jobs
For a deeper look at the new content, check out the Activision Blog Post.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
A real good bunch of stuff they've added in, and kept. Iron Checkpoint Crate.....a racer, what the--?! Best things I see are new legendary skins, colour variants for skins and new customisation for karts.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
A real good bunch of stuff they've added in, and kept. Iron Checkpoint Crate.....a racer, what the--?! Best things I see are new legendary skins, colour variants for skins and new customisation for karts.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So the one shit thing about this update is the Wumpa Coin Challenges. Apparently the rates are 25 for a Daily, 75 for a Weekly, and 200 for a Monthly. One of this month's challenges is beat a developer time. That's not easy, and the number of attempts to beat that could be enough to spawn at least one Golden Wumpa in races which also gives 200 coins. I could do a few races to try and beat a developer time for 200 coins, or just catch a Golden Wumpa and get the same bonus.

I would have probably started playing the game a lot more often if the rates had been good, but if I need to continue grinding online races as the only way to viably afford things at a steady rate then I don't really care right now. The most I'll do is probably play to get the crate unlocked, but I was hoping the GP's would be the end of the constant grind that has been present since launch.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So the one shit thing about this update is the Wumpa Coin Challenges. Apparently the rates are 25 for a Daily, 75 for a Weekly, and 200 for a Monthly. One of this month's challenges is beat a developer time. That's not easy, and the number of attempts to beat that could be enough to spawn at least one Golden Wumpa in races which also gives 200 coins. I could do a few races to try and beat a developer time for 200 coins, or just catch a Golden Wumpa and get the same bonus.

I would have probably started playing the game a lot more often if the rates had been good, but if I need to continue grinding online races as the only way to viably afford things at a steady rate then I don't really care right now. The most I'll do is probably play to get the crate unlocked, but I was hoping the GP's would be the end of the constant grind that has been present since launch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crash Bandicoot (Series) Moonface 40 28,710 Dec 25th, 2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time Moonface 25 10,214 Oct 7th, 2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Moonface