Sonic movie to have a game tie-in plus plot details!
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
[Image: movie6.jpg]

Looks like some details got leaked about the upcoming Sonic movie and future game! Some notable tidbits from the article:
Quote:The team at Paramount has decided to write our own unique story that hasn't been used before in the franchise. This helps to not impede on our artistic freedom. Fans may anticipate a traditional origin story where Sonic comes from his own world but Sonic was not transported into the human world, he was always a part of the human world

Quote:the game will use the same character model for Sonic that has been shown from the movie leaks.

Quote:frame-rate will be capped at a solid 30fps with only minor drops during levels with water. Schmortega claims that Sega is no longer targeting 60fps as gamers only are interested in eye candy according to their internal surveys.

https://www.sonichq.net/article/Sonic-mo...ot-details
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
[Image: movie6.jpg]

Looks like some details got leaked about the upcoming Sonic movie and future game! Some notable tidbits from the article:
Quote:The team at Paramount has decided to write our own unique story that hasn't been used before in the franchise. This helps to not impede on our artistic freedom. Fans may anticipate a traditional origin story where Sonic comes from his own world but Sonic was not transported into the human world, he was always a part of the human world

Quote:the game will use the same character model for Sonic that has been shown from the movie leaks.

Quote:frame-rate will be capped at a solid 30fps with only minor drops during levels with water. Schmortega claims that Sega is no longer targeting 60fps as gamers only are interested in eye candy according to their internal surveys.

https://www.sonichq.net/article/Sonic-mo...ot-details
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The movie's going to have a game too? With that design, and I'll assume based on the plot of the movie? I'll get ready the popcorn for the reviews. OK I won't, but still. Sonic's future is looking bleak again. Was hoping there was some good direction after Generations, Mania and the new Team Sonic Racing game, but this movie game might be a mainline title?

Wait, frame rate drop? Gotta save money somewhere for this game. *shot*

Despite my doubts and dislike, I now want to see what the Sonic movie model looks like in a game. Probably just for a moment of comedy. XD Also Tails and Knuckles will no doubt be horrors visually for both mediums. I'll give them something though; the line from Sonic will supposedly give Tails in that scene mentioned was actually good.

Wish it was all an April Fool's, but we've already past the date on that.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The movie's going to have a game too? With that design, and I'll assume based on the plot of the movie? I'll get ready the popcorn for the reviews. OK I won't, but still. Sonic's future is looking bleak again. Was hoping there was some good direction after Generations, Mania and the new Team Sonic Racing game, but this movie game might be a mainline title?

Wait, frame rate drop? Gotta save money somewhere for this game. *shot*

Despite my doubts and dislike, I now want to see what the Sonic movie model looks like in a game. Probably just for a moment of comedy. XD Also Tails and Knuckles will no doubt be horrors visually for both mediums. I'll give them something though; the line from Sonic will supposedly give Tails in that scene mentioned was actually good.

Wish it was all an April Fool's, but we've already past the date on that.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Hehehehe. When it was posted on the site it was April 1st in some locations and when I posted it here it was still April 1st.

Sub 30fps would be horrendous in a Sonic game. Grin
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Hehehehe. When it was posted on the site it was April 1st in some locations and when I posted it here it was still April 1st.

Sub 30fps would be horrendous in a Sonic game. Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh thank god it was just an April Fools joke! I thought you were serious because I could see it coming true!

Sega seriously just throws Sonic at everything. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh thank god it was just an April Fools joke! I thought you were serious because I could see it coming true!

Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Apr 2nd, 2019, 07:32 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Hahaha! I tried to write an article that sounded true in the worst case scenario with a few lines to make it look like a joke. Apparently those lines didn’t work because tons of people fell for it. XD
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Apr 2nd, 2019, 07:32 PM)Yuri Wrote:

Hahaha! I tried to write an article that sounded true in the worst case scenario with a few lines to make it look like a joke. Apparently those lines didn’t work because tons of people fell for it. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
To be fair, it wouldn't be too surprising considering Ratchet & Clank did something just like that lol
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
To be fair, it wouldn't be too surprising considering Ratchet & Clank did something just like that lol
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I wouldn't even be surprised if there is a real game to go alongside the movie. Sonic Boom was a game and TV series, so the precedent is already set with Sonic to have something from it applied to multiple medias at the same time.

However, I think if there was a game based on this movie, it would manage to overthrow Sonic 2006 for the most bizarre and worst Sonic game to be created. Especially if that rumoured design is what they actually go for. At least the Sonic seen alongside humans in 2006 wasn't an abomination of a design and just looked out of place.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I wouldn't even be surprised if there is a real game to go alongside the movie. Sonic Boom was a game and TV series, so the precedent is already set with Sonic to have something from it applied to multiple medias at the same time.

However, I think if there was a game based on this movie, it would manage to overthrow Sonic 2006 for the most bizarre and worst Sonic game to be created. Especially if that rumoured design is what they actually go for. At least the Sonic seen alongside humans in 2006 wasn't an abomination of a design and just looked out of place.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Details You (Maybe) Didn't Notice? Moonface 5 214 Mar 20th, 2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Live Action Zelda Movie in Development Moonface 9 572 Nov 17th, 2023, 05:51 PM
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  What Game Would You Want An Anime/Show/Movie For? Moonface 4 963 Feb 12th, 2023, 10:45 PM
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM