Tunic
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I never wound up getting to play it Sad Timed demos suck, man.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I never wound up getting to play it Sad Timed demos suck, man.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Tunic Release Date Announced
During the pre-show for tonight's The Game Awards, a new trailer was shown for Tunic, which also announced that the game will officially release on March 16, 2022!

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Tunic Release Date Announced
During the pre-show for tonight's The Game Awards, a new trailer was shown for Tunic, which also announced that the game will officially release on March 16, 2022!

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Tunicccccccccc fucking finally! I got out of my car tonight and saw I got a ping notification from FinjiCo Discord about Tunic. I was like "Oh? Maybe they'll show a trailer tonight" but BOY I WASN'T READY FOR DATE CONFIRMATION Wow

It looks so good though!!! I'm ready for the full experience: like holy shit that map is huge, and those BOSSES, wow. Also looks like an MP meter?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Tunicccccccccc fucking finally! I got out of my car tonight and saw I got a ping notification from FinjiCo Discord about Tunic. I was like "Oh? Maybe they'll show a trailer tonight" but BOY I WASN'T READY FOR DATE CONFIRMATION Wow

It looks so good though!!! I'm ready for the full experience: like holy shit that map is huge, and those BOSSES, wow. Also looks like an MP meter?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The overworld menu at 0:13 seems to be showing off the area that made up the demo's this game has had, with additional areas to the North, East, and West, while the South of the map is where the player starts the game; although, there is a pathway leading off screen to the South but it lacks an arrow so I'm not sure if it's meant to go anywhere or maybe the player hasn't ventured there yet to be able to scroll the map in that direction.

@ShiraNoMai: That blue bar is definitely MP, because at 0:35 the fox casts an ice attack and that meter decreases.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The overworld menu at 0:13 seems to be showing off the area that made up the demo's this game has had, with additional areas to the North, East, and West, while the South of the map is where the player starts the game; although, there is a pathway leading off screen to the South but it lacks an arrow so I'm not sure if it's meant to go anywhere or maybe the player hasn't ventured there yet to be able to scroll the map in that direction.

@ShiraNoMai: That blue bar is definitely MP, because at 0:35 the fox casts an ice attack and that meter decreases.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The utter love and polish this game is getting is really setting this up to be a real contender for a Good Game™️

I'm also liking the boss variety. You only get to really mess with the Skelly boss in the demo but there are more that meets the eye here!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The utter love and polish this game is getting is really setting this up to be a real contender for a Good Game™️

I'm also liking the boss variety. You only get to really mess with the Skelly boss in the demo but there are more that meets the eye here!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't realise the game was still being developed by mostly a single person until I went looking up how long development for this game has been. I thought it had been picked up by Finji for development help, but they're just publishing with seemingly minor assistance being given on the game itself. I was looking up how long development had been out of concern whether the game might run the risk of feeling either dated or struggling with content lacking coherency due to some being conceived years ago and other parts being more recent. I think the core of the game was probably fully realised a while ago and maybe it went quiet so that the entire thing could be worked on to make sure older stuff doesn't lack the polish and skill of newer stuff.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't realise the game was still being developed by mostly a single person until I went looking up how long development for this game has been. I thought it had been picked up by Finji for development help, but they're just publishing with seemingly minor assistance being given on the game itself. I was looking up how long development had been out of concern whether the game might run the risk of feeling either dated or struggling with content lacking coherency due to some being conceived years ago and other parts being more recent. I think the core of the game was probably fully realised a while ago and maybe it went quiet so that the entire thing could be worked on to make sure older stuff doesn't lack the polish and skill of newer stuff.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Y'all the game is OUT and it's fantastic, even better than I remember from the demo. It's also tough as nails, and I think someone like @Dragon Lord would appreciate its difficulty curve pretty well.

It's also adorable as fuck and the manual-esque learning tools you get are incredibly ingenious.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Y'all the game is OUT and it's fantastic, even better than I remember from the demo. It's also tough as nails, and I think someone like @Dragon Lord would appreciate its difficulty curve pretty well.

It's also adorable as fuck and the manual-esque learning tools you get are incredibly ingenious.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 17th, 2022, 05:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I have been seeing this game compared to the Souls series a lot since it released, so I'm definitely intrigued...

I'll have to add it to my list of games to check out later once I've cut down on my list of currently playing games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 17th, 2022, 05:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I have been seeing this game compared to the Souls series a lot since it released, so I'm definitely intrigued...

I'll have to add it to my list of games to check out later once I've cut down on my list of currently playing games.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
For sure! It's got all the fun and intrigue of like say, A Link to the Past, but definitely the combat curve of a Souls-like.

It's not a game that holds your hand by any means, and it's really neat for that. I've got the first main boss beaten and am tredging through a new dungeon, but I've died just before opening a new shortcut and I'm quite sad I have to retrek through it again cuz I didn't reach a new bonfire Cry ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
For sure! It's got all the fun and intrigue of like say, A Link to the Past, but definitely the combat curve of a Souls-like.

It's not a game that holds your hand by any means, and it's really neat for that. I've got the first main boss beaten and am tredging through a new dungeon, but I've died just before opening a new shortcut and I'm quite sad I have to retrek through it again cuz I didn't reach a new bonfire Cry ROFL
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll wait to see if it gets a PS5 version once the timed console exclusivity is up, and if not I'll catch it in a sale on Steam. Have way too much to play/finish right now to add another game to the list at the moment.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll wait to see if it gets a PS5 version once the timed console exclusivity is up, and if not I'll catch it in a sale on Steam. Have way too much to play/finish right now to add another game to the list at the moment.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tunic Deluxe Physical Edition Revealed
Tunic will be getting a deluxe physical edition on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, courtesy of Fangamer:

[Image: FqkvHymaMAE3MZu?format=jpg]

The edition will cost $45, and includes the following content:
  • Deluxe-Edition Tuck Box
  • Physical Game & Case
  • Controls and Concepts Booklet
  • Sticker Sheets
  • Instruction Booklet
  • Overworld and Dungeon Map
  • Digital Soundtrack Code
Pre-orders are open now on the Fangamer website: https://www.fangamer.com/products/tunic-...ition-game

Dang, for $45 I'm very tempted to grab one of these. I just need to decide what platform I want to get it for. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tunic Deluxe Physical Edition Revealed
Tunic will be getting a deluxe physical edition on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, courtesy of Fangamer:

[Image: FqkvHymaMAE3MZu?format=jpg]

The edition will cost $45, and includes the following content:
  • Deluxe-Edition Tuck Box
  • Physical Game & Case
  • Controls and Concepts Booklet
  • Sticker Sheets
  • Instruction Booklet
  • Overworld and Dungeon Map
  • Digital Soundtrack Code
Pre-orders are open now on the Fangamer website: https://www.fangamer.com/products/tunic-...ition-game

Dang, for $45 I'm very tempted to grab one of these. I just need to decide what platform I want to get it for. Hmm
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

I am happy boi that I waited on this one. Definitely picking it up for PS4.

Big sadge that no PS5 version though.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 8th, 2023, 07:02 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I don't even know what the game could receive as an improvement for a PS5 version, especially enough to warrant having it as a separate version entirely. It likely will have improvements on PS5 though, since it did get them for the Series X version of the game, although it seems to mostly be that the game runs at native 4K on XSX whilst it renders at 1080 on XSS/XBO as the only difference since it hits 60fps on all platforms as standard.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 8th, 2023, 07:02 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I don't even know what the game could receive as an improvement for a PS5 version, especially enough to warrant having it as a separate version entirely. It likely will have improvements on PS5 though, since it did get them for the Series X version of the game, although it seems to mostly be that the game runs at native 4K on XSX whilst it renders at 1080 on XSS/XBO as the only difference since it hits 60fps on all platforms as standard.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Having a PS5 version would be nice because then I'd be able to buy both of them and double platinum the game. Teehee~

Maybe they'll do a physical release of a PS5 version at a later time though. Does the game even have a dedicated PS5 version or is it just another case of the PS4 version being "backwards compatible" on PS5?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Having a PS5 version would be nice because then I'd be able to buy both of them and double platinum the game. Teehee~

Maybe they'll do a physical release of a PS5 version at a later time though. Does the game even have a dedicated PS5 version or is it just another case of the PS4 version being "backwards compatible" on PS5?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 9th, 2023, 08:17 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Judging by the PS Store, it doesn't seem to have separate versions at all and is listed like games such as Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring with both platforms under one listing. There might be some extra features on the PS5 version but otherwise it's the same, and I realized when writing this the game came out in September last year on PlayStation so I went to look at a trophy list and yeah, doesn't look like it gets two lists.

Has any game even been released simultaneously on both PS4 and PS5 and received separate trophy lists? I thought that was only happening if a PS5 version was being released separately later on. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 9th, 2023, 08:17 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Judging by the PS Store, it doesn't seem to have separate versions at all and is listed like games such as Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring with both platforms under one listing. There might be some extra features on the PS5 version but otherwise it's the same, and I realized when writing this the game came out in September last year on PlayStation so I went to look at a trophy list and yeah, doesn't look like it gets two lists.

Has any game even been released simultaneously on both PS4 and PS5 and received separate trophy lists? I thought that was only happening if a PS5 version was being released separately later on. Hmm