I'm Back! | An old "Golden" Member Approaches
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 21st, 2022, 12:49 AM)Frank Wrote:
Has it really been 3 years since my last log-in? I promise I'll try to pop in more guys!

QUICK, GET THE NET-

I mean, yo yo friendo. What brings you back around these parts?  Sweat
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Has it really been 3 years since my last log-in? I promise I'll try to pop in more guys!

QUICK, GET THE NET-

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hoo boy, that Yoshi/Mario swapped avatar, oof. XD

Hey Frank, how has that last 3 years been? Especially with all the worldwide stuff that's been going on in that time.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hoo boy, that Yoshi/Mario swapped avatar, oof. XD

Hey Frank, how has that last 3 years been? Especially with all the worldwide stuff that's been going on in that time.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Jun 21st, 2022, 01:00 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Likely so. If it ever helps I don't mind poking you once in a while as a reminder if you would like that. ^_^

How have things been since we last saw you around these parts? Smile

Yes, please do! The nudge would be appreciated.

I'm doing alright! I'm between jobs at the moment so I've been buckling down on my YouTube ventures. Still not going as well as I'd like, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Tongue
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
(Jun 21st, 2022, 01:00 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Likely so. If it ever helps I don't mind poking you once in a while as a reminder if you would like that. ^_^

How have things been since we last saw you around these parts? Smile

Yes, please do! The nudge would be appreciated.

I'm doing alright! I'm between jobs at the moment so I've been buckling down on my YouTube ventures. Still not going as well as I'd like, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's cool! What kind of stuff have you been putting together? The same kind of content or other/varied stuff?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's cool! What kind of stuff have you been putting together? The same kind of content or other/varied stuff?
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, I'm still making scripted video game videos. I've been working on my "Frank's Five" series, which is my take on a Top 5. My latest video dropped on Friday. It's on obscure Mario games.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, I'm still making scripted video game videos. I've been working on my "Frank's Five" series, which is my take on a Top 5. My latest video dropped on Friday. It's on obscure Mario games.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome back, Frank!

Good to see you again - and good luck with the YouTube series Grin .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome back, Frank!

Good to see you again - and good luck with the YouTube series Grin .
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm checkin' out the channel now and queuing up some stuff to watch later (it's very late for me..). Your pinned video already seems like a great structure, so I look forward to fully watching Grin

You also got a great viewcount on most videos, even new ones, so GG on all that, my dude! ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm checkin' out the channel now and queuing up some stuff to watch later (it's very late for me..). Your pinned video already seems like a great structure, so I look forward to fully watching Grin

You also got a great viewcount on most videos, even new ones, so GG on all that, my dude! ^_^
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 1st, 2022, 06:49 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Hey thank you! I'm honestly a bit discouraged by the low views, but I am seeing progress, which is an important step in the right direction.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him

Hey thank you! I'm honestly a bit discouraged by the low views, but I am seeing progress, which is an important step in the right direction.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 12th, 2022, 03:04 PM)Frank Wrote:

What you need is to change your channel banner and logo to that sick FFF stuff I made for you back in the old days. Cool  Shifty

Is there a particular threshold you're looking to break with your view counts one day? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

What you need is to change your channel banner and logo to that sick FFF stuff I made for you back in the old days. Cool  Shifty

Is there a particular threshold you're looking to break with your view counts one day? Smile
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 21st, 2022, 01:54 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

QUICK, GET THE NET-

(Sep 17th, 2022, 04:36 PM)Moonface Wrote:

lol I think I'm good on another rebrand on this channel, but if you're still doing graphics and want to help out, I am looking for a new main logo and have an idea I'd like to run by someone for a logo for the Frank's Five Series.

For now my goal is to hit the 1K subscribers and 4,000 watch time, so I can start monetizing again. I'm still quite a long ways away unfortunately.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 21st, 2022, 01:54 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

QUICK, GET THE NET-

(Sep 17th, 2022, 04:36 PM)Moonface Wrote:

lol I think I'm good on another rebrand on this channel, but if you're still doing graphics and want to help out, I am looking for a new main logo and have an idea I'd like to run by someone for a logo for the Frank's Five Series.

For now my goal is to hit the 1K subscribers and 4,000 watch time, so I can start monetizing again. I'm still quite a long ways away unfortunately.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 18th, 2022, 03:50 AM)Frank Wrote:
Again? Did you get demonetized because YouTube changed the requirements or did the channel just fall out of them through declination?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 18th, 2022, 03:50 AM)Frank Wrote:
Again? Did you get demonetized because YouTube changed the requirements or did the channel just fall out of them through declination?
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh my old channel? Nah, it's technically still monetizable and just kind of floating around in the ether. It would have felt wrong to rebrand that channel as a gaming one, so it's been sitting with like 1.8K subs.

I do have plans to one day possibly repurpose it as my personal channel, or a non-gaming extension of GameFrank. Grin

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh my old channel? Nah, it's technically still monetizable and just kind of floating around in the ether. It would have felt wrong to rebrand that channel as a gaming one, so it's been sitting with like 1.8K subs.

I do have plans to one day possibly repurpose it as my personal channel, or a non-gaming extension of GameFrank. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 30th, 2022, 03:23 AM)Frank Wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about an old channel. I just thought you were still using the same one and that it had stopped generating revenue. Sweat

Using it as a non-gaming channel could work well; there's a YouTuber I used to watch years and years ago who did that called NerdCubed.

Did you ever consider going into streaming at any point, or have you always only had an interest in making YouTube style content? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about an old channel. I just thought you were still using the same one and that it had stopped generating revenue. Sweat

Using it as a non-gaming channel could work well; there's a YouTuber I used to watch years and years ago who did that called NerdCubed.

Did you ever consider going into streaming at any point, or have you always only had an interest in making YouTube style content? Smile
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Oct 1st, 2022, 12:37 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I've considered streaming, but since it's such an overpopulated avenue, I truly don't know if I would stand out. That's also another situation where, I personally don't watch streams or streamers, so I'm not sure if it would be disingenuous to do streams. 

Maybe not though, since I'm playing the games and not watching other people play. That's my main reason I don't like streams. I've never watched Let's Plays for the same reason. I feel like it ruins whatever game they're playing for yourself. And if it's a game I don't plan to play, I also won't have interest in watching other people play.

I've always wanted to do YouTube. Since 2006, my dream was to make YouTube a full-time gig. I'm still hopeful, but also staying grounded. 

I think I need to figure out additional content to make, inbetween the reviews and episodes of Frank's Five.

If anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears! Grin

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Oct 1st, 2022, 12:37 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I've considered streaming, but since it's such an overpopulated avenue, I truly don't know if I would stand out. That's also another situation where, I personally don't watch streams or streamers, so I'm not sure if it would be disingenuous to do streams. 

Maybe not though, since I'm playing the games and not watching other people play. That's my main reason I don't like streams. I've never watched Let's Plays for the same reason. I feel like it ruins whatever game they're playing for yourself. And if it's a game I don't plan to play, I also won't have interest in watching other people play.

I've always wanted to do YouTube. Since 2006, my dream was to make YouTube a full-time gig. I'm still hopeful, but also staying grounded. 

I think I need to figure out additional content to make, inbetween the reviews and episodes of Frank's Five.

If anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Normally when I watch someone else playing a game it's because I enjoy their personality and want to see their reaction to the game. That or they're doing some sort of challenge run I would never do, or just playing a game I enjoy watching but wouldn't care to play myself. I tend to go for personality first though; the game means nothing to me if I don't care for who's playing it.

As for content suggestions, the one thing I've always noticed a distinct lack of is things for retro games. Like everything is always about being the first to jump on a new game but I feel like finding a way to make content from older stuff, especially niche titles that are known but have little modern content, is a potentially untapped market. No idea if that would work for your channel since most things I'd think of with retro stuff would be Let's Plays since reviews are probably pointless and I can't think of much else that could be done.

If you were to recommend one place to visit for someone passing through your area/state, what would it be?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Normally when I watch someone else playing a game it's because I enjoy their personality and want to see their reaction to the game. That or they're doing some sort of challenge run I would never do, or just playing a game I enjoy watching but wouldn't care to play myself. I tend to go for personality first though; the game means nothing to me if I don't care for who's playing it.

As for content suggestions, the one thing I've always noticed a distinct lack of is things for retro games. Like everything is always about being the first to jump on a new game but I feel like finding a way to make content from older stuff, especially niche titles that are known but have little modern content, is a potentially untapped market. No idea if that would work for your channel since most things I'd think of with retro stuff would be Let's Plays since reviews are probably pointless and I can't think of much else that could be done.

If you were to recommend one place to visit for someone passing through your area/state, what would it be?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m back! Metallix 10 7,728 Aug 6th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  I'm back! Smokey 5 6,560 Jun 8th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Nightingale