The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Hey guys I'm back!

Okay, to assume you know who I am is a stretch. I'm Frank! I've been a longtime member of Universal Gaming, dating all the way back to the original InvisionFree forums (EGF!). I've been through some of the other iterations, but eventually drifted away, occasionally coming back during the holidays. Like a message in a bottle, I must have drifted back to shore, because here I am!

All the weirdness aside, I would like to come back and join in on the discussions like old times!
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Hey guys I'm back!

Okay, to assume you know who I am is a stretch. I'm Frank! I've been a longtime member of Universal Gaming, dating all the way back to the original InvisionFree forums (EGF!). I've been through some of the other iterations, but eventually drifted away, occasionally coming back during the holidays. Like a message in a bottle, I must have drifted back to shore, because here I am!

All the weirdness aside, I would like to come back and join in on the discussions like old times!
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome back to UG, GF0! I've literally forgotten if the end of that is an 'o' or a zero. XD

You may have already posted in topics I haven't checked yet, but what new consoles do you own, and have you gotten into any game series since you were with us? As I saw you were into Borderlands in UCT.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome back to UG, GF0! I've literally forgotten if the end of that is an 'o' or a zero. XD

You may have already posted in topics I haven't checked yet, but what new consoles do you own, and have you gotten into any game series since you were with us? As I saw you were into Borderlands in UCT.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone who was here when you were originally active here doesn't remember you I'd be surprised. Tongue
Anyway, welcome back! It's nice to see an old face that hasn't been seen for a long while. Grin

@EL: I think it was an O. I remember it being GoldenFrankO, not GoldenFrank0.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If anyone who was here when you were originally active here doesn't remember you I'd be surprised. Tongue
Anyway, welcome back! It's nice to see an old face that hasn't been seen for a long while. Grin

@EL: I think it was an O. I remember it being GoldenFrankO, not GoldenFrank0.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Welcome back GFO! It has been a long time! How has life been? Got into any new games?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Welcome back GFO! It has been a long time! How has life been? Got into any new games?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome back, Frank! Good to see an old face returning.

I only joined this community in 2017, so I don't expect you'll know who I am - but, hopefully we'll get to know each other a bit better Smile .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome back, Frank! Good to see an old face returning.

I only joined this community in 2017, so I don't expect you'll know who I am - but, hopefully we'll get to know each other a bit better Smile .
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes Moonface is correct, it was GoldenFrankO. Ahh the good old days... Ironically my Xbox Gamertag is still GoldenfrankO because I refuse to pay to change it.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys! Well something I haven't told you guys is that I am an amateur hardcore collector. I own quite a few more consoles than I used to.

I'm probably missing a few there. Most are complete in their box too. I'll post some pictures of the collection if anyone is interested.

I've definitely gotten into a lot of different games. 3D/2D platformers are still my favorite, however I've gotten into a lot of genres.  I love zombie games, so Last of Us, Dead Rising, L4D (I probably played this back then but I don't remember). I found out I'm surprisingly good at Tetris, and got into puzzle games because of it. I still like first person shooters, although I'm pickier about which ones I will play. I'm still heavily into retro gaming, and constantly find myself playing more retro games than modern.

I'm honestly not a big fan of simulation games, or most games as service. It's half the reason I don't really play any Call of Duty, besides Zombies, anymore. I've never played Fortnite, APEX, or any of the battle royals (except Tetris 76) and don't plan to. I'm way more interested in a deep story driven experience. I absolutely loved Breathe Of The Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn. I cannot wait for both of those game's sequels. Both quickly became two of my favorite games of all time.

Hey Kyng, I look forward to getting to know yah! Grin

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes Moonface is correct, it was GoldenFrankO. Ahh the good old days... Ironically my Xbox Gamertag is still GoldenfrankO because I refuse to pay to change it.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys! Well something I haven't told you guys is that I am an amateur hardcore collector. I own quite a few more consoles than I used to.

I'm probably missing a few there. Most are complete in their box too. I'll post some pictures of the collection if anyone is interested.

I've definitely gotten into a lot of different games. 3D/2D platformers are still my favorite, however I've gotten into a lot of genres.  I love zombie games, so Last of Us, Dead Rising, L4D (I probably played this back then but I don't remember). I found out I'm surprisingly good at Tetris, and got into puzzle games because of it. I still like first person shooters, although I'm pickier about which ones I will play. I'm still heavily into retro gaming, and constantly find myself playing more retro games than modern.

I'm honestly not a big fan of simulation games, or most games as service. It's half the reason I don't really play any Call of Duty, besides Zombies, anymore. I've never played Fortnite, APEX, or any of the battle royals (except Tetris 76) and don't plan to. I'm way more interested in a deep story driven experience. I absolutely loved Breathe Of The Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn. I cannot wait for both of those game's sequels. Both quickly became two of my favorite games of all time.

Hey Kyng, I look forward to getting to know yah! Grin
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That's quite the collection you have there. For Vita, did you forget to put anything or yet to own one?
I know I'm not a collector, but the console I've bought twice for myself is PS4. OK, second one was a Pro and the original I gave to my brother.

Also cool stuff you got into too. I've still got games I've bought but haven't played yet, one being Horizon. I know it's good too. Haven't been playing much PS4 lately, literally last time was when Tekken 7 got it's update for the last two characters for Season 2 (only game I care to get Passes for, well OK, Smash Ultimate too). That's been a good while too, also wasn't playing PS4 much after getting a Switch too.

What retro games are you playing? Ah, must check Last Game Played first. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
That's quite the collection you have there. For Vita, did you forget to put anything or yet to own one?
I know I'm not a collector, but the console I've bought twice for myself is PS4. OK, second one was a Pro and the original I gave to my brother.

Also cool stuff you got into too. I've still got games I've bought but haven't played yet, one being Horizon. I know it's good too. Haven't been playing much PS4 lately, literally last time was when Tekken 7 got it's update for the last two characters for Season 2 (only game I care to get Passes for, well OK, Smash Ultimate too). That's been a good while too, also wasn't playing PS4 much after getting a Switch too.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Apr 24th, 2019, 02:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I know I'm not a collector,  but the console I've bought twice for myself is PS4. OK, second one was a Pro and the original I gave to my brother.

I forgot to type something in there. It's an OLED model 1000. The thing is in perfect condition! I traded a copy of Metroid: Samus Returns, and $45 for it. I'd been wanting a Vita again ever since I sold my first in 2013 when I was strapped for cash. 

I'm considering getting a Sega Saturn. Apparently they can be bought for around $60!

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Apr 24th, 2019, 02:15 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I know I'm not a collector,  but the console I've bought twice for myself is PS4. OK, second one was a Pro and the original I gave to my brother.

I forgot to type something in there. It's an OLED model 1000. The thing is in perfect condition! I traded a copy of Metroid: Samus Returns, and $45 for it. I'd been wanting a Vita again ever since I sold my first in 2013 when I was strapped for cash. 

I'm considering getting a Sega Saturn. Apparently they can be bought for around $60!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Duude, long time no chat! How's life been treating ya? Smile

Interesting to hear you've been dabbling in the Tetris realms. Have you been playing Tetris 99 at all?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Duude, long time no chat! How's life been treating ya? Smile

Interesting to hear you've been dabbling in the Tetris realms. Have you been playing Tetris 99 at all?
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
God I'm so bad with usernames. What was yours back in the day? My memory isn't what it used to be.

Yes I have. I was playing it hardcore when it first launched, haven't touched it since a couple weeks after launch. I o ly ever won once, but was top 5 almost every time.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
God I'm so bad with usernames. What was yours back in the day? My memory isn't what it used to be.

Yes I have. I was playing it hardcore when it first launched, haven't touched it since a couple weeks after launch. I o ly ever won once, but was top 5 almost every time.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Dude, that's Koji's Girlfriend SasuSaku1015. Can't have the original EGF members without her, ha ha.

Placing in top 5 out of 99 is pretty damn good.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Dude, that's Koji's Girlfriend SasuSaku1015. Can't have the original EGF members without her, ha ha.

Placing in top 5 out of 99 is pretty damn good.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you going to get the DLC that released recently for Tetris 99?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you going to get the DLC that released recently for Tetris 99?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 8th, 2019, 06:45 PM)Frank Wrote:

I'm offended, sir. We're Facebook friends  Cry ROFL

Nah I had this alias since.. I'd say mid "Universal Gaming" era, so you'd have probably missed it, but I've stuck with it since, so at least I'm finally consistent! Grin

Have you ever heard of or invested in any of the 8bitdo controllers?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(May 8th, 2019, 06:45 PM)Frank Wrote:

I'm offended, sir. We're Facebook friends  Cry ROFL

Nah I had this alias since.. I'd say mid "Universal Gaming" era, so you'd have probably missed it, but I've stuck with it since, so at least I'm finally consistent! Grin

Have you ever heard of or invested in any of the 8bitdo controllers?
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Has it really been 3 years since my last log-in? I promise I'll try to pop in more guys!

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Has it really been 3 years since my last log-in? I promise I'll try to pop in more guys!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2022, 12:49 AM)Frank Wrote:
Likely so. If it ever helps I don't mind poking you once in a while as a reminder if you would like that. ^_^

How have things been since we last saw you around these parts? Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2022, 12:49 AM)Frank Wrote:
Likely so. If it ever helps I don't mind poking you once in a while as a reminder if you would like that. ^_^

How have things been since we last saw you around these parts? Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m back! Metallix 10 7,725 Aug 6th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  I'm back! Smokey 5 6,553 Jun 8th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Nightingale