Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If that is the real design, then yeah is so much better and should bring people back in to give the movie a chance. Don't mind the blue fur remaining on the arms and legs, plus the eyes having an actual separation than what we'd expect from Sonic's original game design is OK too. I couldn't and wouldn't watch the old design unless it's in a short clip way further down the line, when someone gets a DVD/Blu-ray release and share some moments. This new one I could watch on TV, highly unlikely in cinema though. Unless it is fake and we have to wait more time for the real sneak peek/poster.

If Jim Carey's being like that, then I'm disappointed but then again not surprised either. Pretty sure the movie would've flopped terribly and be one of the worst rated films ever just from Sonic's old design, so the change is on point. Now hopefully his performance and new Sonic give the move more life than just waiting for Eggman to come on-screen.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If that is the real design, then yeah is so much better and should bring people back in to give the movie a chance. Don't mind the blue fur remaining on the arms and legs, plus the eyes having an actual separation than what we'd expect from Sonic's original game design is OK too. I couldn't and wouldn't watch the old design unless it's in a short clip way further down the line, when someone gets a DVD/Blu-ray release and share some moments. This new one I could watch on TV, highly unlikely in cinema though. Unless it is fake and we have to wait more time for the real sneak peek/poster.

If Jim Carey's being like that, then I'm disappointed but then again not surprised either. Pretty sure the movie would've flopped terribly and be one of the worst rated films ever just from Sonic's old design, so the change is on point. Now hopefully his performance and new Sonic give the move more life than just waiting for Eggman to come on-screen.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here's the new trailer with the new Sonic design. It's soooooooo much better.

I might actually go see this. Even if it's not a great movie, it'd be criminal for it to perform badly after the work the animators have done.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here's the new trailer with the new Sonic design. It's soooooooo much better.

I might actually go see this. Even if it's not a great movie, it'd be criminal for it to perform badly after the work the animators have done.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I'm now in the same camp as Arlo in thinking that by making Sonic "look bad".. It was only a ploy to get more people to pay attention to this movie in the first place.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I'm now in the same camp as Arlo in thinking that by making Sonic "look bad".. It was only a ploy to get more people to pay attention to this movie in the first place.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I could believe it and wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual case. However making the movie a big talking point doesn't mean people are going to keep the movie in mind from now until February, and there's nothing that can be done now to get the level of attention this trailer will have got. Once the hype of a decent looking Sonic passes, people will stop caring as much, have very little to probably talk about it, and at worst will start to wonder if the rest of the movie actually holds up. If the original design could be that bad and get greenlit, then who knows what garbage may have been greenlit for the plot or the script. Nothing in the trailer was necessarily bad, but I've seen plenty of movies that were hot garbage yet had great trailers.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I could believe it and wouldn't be surprised if that was the actual case. However making the movie a big talking point doesn't mean people are going to keep the movie in mind from now until February, and there's nothing that can be done now to get the level of attention this trailer will have got. Once the hype of a decent looking Sonic passes, people will stop caring as much, have very little to probably talk about it, and at worst will start to wonder if the rest of the movie actually holds up. If the original design could be that bad and get greenlit, then who knows what garbage may have been greenlit for the plot or the script. Nothing in the trailer was necessarily bad, but I've seen plenty of movies that were hot garbage yet had great trailers.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
New trailer is actually fully good, thank goodness Sonic's design looks how it should have been (or close to it if people are still bickering somewhere). Wouldn't be surprised at a ploy to get people talking, but surely people should aim for a good response from the get go. Of course what there was was inexcusable, but glad it's been resolved for now. How the movie will be received in the end is another matter. Do hope it does at least somewhat well now.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
New trailer is actually fully good, thank goodness Sonic's design looks how it should have been (or close to it if people are still bickering somewhere). Wouldn't be surprised at a ploy to get people talking, but surely people should aim for a good response from the get go. Of course what there was was inexcusable, but glad it's been resolved for now. How the movie will be received in the end is another matter. Do hope it does at least somewhat well now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt the bad Sonic design was a marketing stunt. The money spent just for that song, the animation, and the Nike logo on his shoes (which is now a Puma logo) is just too much to gamble on a stunt like that, and it's more budget to recoup at the box office. It most definitely wouldn't have been done for the sake of a trailer. Most trailers are just cuts from the movie, rather than a dedicated project that was made as some stand alone thing that costs significantly more money.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I doubt the bad Sonic design was a marketing stunt. The money spent just for that song, the animation, and the Nike logo on his shoes (which is now a Puma logo) is just too much to gamble on a stunt like that, and it's more budget to recoup at the box office. It most definitely wouldn't have been done for the sake of a trailer. Most trailers are just cuts from the movie, rather than a dedicated project that was made as some stand alone thing that costs significantly more money.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So in a shocking turnaround, this movie now has the highest opening weekend of any video-game movie, and the movie itself is apparently actually good! Even with the outcry about the initial Sonic design likely attracting extra attention to the movie, I would have never bet on it outperforming Detective Pikachu. Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So in a shocking turnaround, this movie now has the highest opening weekend of any video-game movie, and the movie itself is apparently actually good! Even with the outcry about the initial Sonic design likely attracting extra attention to the movie, I would have never bet on it outperforming Detective Pikachu. Gasp
Path Light Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ice Age World, Yugioh Duel Links and Monster Legends
XP: 2,155
Tekken 
I like the new Sonic design. I wonder if there are any good reviews of the movie
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe
Path Light Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ice Age World, Yugioh Duel Links and Monster Legends
XP: 2,155 Tekken 
I like the new Sonic design. I wonder if there are any good reviews of the movie
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 18th, 2020, 12:24 PM)Path Light Wrote:
Most reviews have been reasonably positive. I've not really seen many places giving it a lot of negative feedback.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 18th, 2020, 12:24 PM)Path Light Wrote:
Most reviews have been reasonably positive. I've not really seen many places giving it a lot of negative feedback.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
We all know the old Sonic design spelled doom. The whole focus would've been on how bad Sonic looked,, so I'm quite glad this movie's doing alright. Kinda makes me more interested in actually watching it down the line some time. Definitely surprised it's done better than Detective Pikachu too.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
We all know the old Sonic design spelled doom. The whole focus would've been on how bad Sonic looked,, so I'm quite glad this movie's doing alright. Kinda makes me more interested in actually watching it down the line some time. Definitely surprised it's done better than Detective Pikachu too.
⟬⟭Mikrokosmos⟬⟭ Offline
Official BTS Fanatic
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, Atari, Wii
XP: 2,656
I went to see this two of my friends since they were all only ones interested in seeing it with me. It was totally amazing and I'm glad that they change his design because before he look so wrong along with really scary. I am a huge fan of Ben Schwartz who provides the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog.
[Image: ldia5Dw.gif]
[Image: qZQnBOG.gif]
^BTS Signature and 100% Suga Biased blinkie made by me^
⟬⟭Mikrokosmos⟬⟭ Offline
Official BTS Fanatic
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, Atari, Wii
XP: 2,656
I went to see this two of my friends since they were all only ones interested in seeing it with me. It was totally amazing and I'm glad that they change his design because before he look so wrong along with really scary. I am a huge fan of Ben Schwartz who provides the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The first poster for the Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel just got revealed this morning, and a full trailer for the movie is going to debut tomorrow night at The Game Awards! Grin

I'm actually excited for this, because the first movie was actually considerably better than I expected when I watched it earlier this year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The first poster for the Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel just got revealed this morning, and a full trailer for the movie is going to debut tomorrow night at The Game Awards! Grin

I'm actually excited for this, because the first movie was actually considerably better than I expected when I watched it earlier this year.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hoo the sequel is already on it's way then. Good to see Carrey's back as he's not known to reprise roles other than when he did the Ace Ventura sequel. Hopefully if there's any more it'll be a trilogy only or just the two films because what I've seen of his Eggman/Robotnik has been great. I still need watch the first fully though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hoo the sequel is already on it's way then. Good to see Carrey's back as he's not known to reprise roles other than when he did the Ace Ventura sequel. Hopefully if there's any more it'll be a trilogy only or just the two films because what I've seen of his Eggman/Robotnik has been great. I still need watch the first fully though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sonic The Hedgehog 2: The Official Trailer

Here it is, in all its glory! Colleen O'Shaughnessey reprises her role as Tails, and we get a special preview of Idris Elba as Knuckles!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Sonic The Hedgehog 2: The Official Trailer

Here it is, in all its glory! Colleen O'Shaughnessey reprises her role as Tails, and we get a special preview of Idris Elba as Knuckles!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Actually looking pretty good again. I know it's been said already but the design change of Sonic from that ugly version, thank goodness it happened. Can't imagine that thing being here and what awful versions of Tails and Knuckles would like. Ugh!

Also great to finally see Knuckles back to his more usual self and looking like a proper rival.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Actually looking pretty good again. I know it's been said already but the design change of Sonic from that ugly version, thank goodness it happened. Can't imagine that thing being here and what awful versions of Tails and Knuckles would like. Ugh!

Also great to finally see Knuckles back to his more usual self and looking like a proper rival.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,542 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced Moonface 54 6,096 Mar 12th, 2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Moonface