Yoooo everyone!
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
Hey everybody, Daltonio here. Was sent this way by Sarah/Amalthea when we were talking about how I kinda got off the whole 'foruming' train but kinda missed it, she thought I might like this place haha. Figured I'd at least give it a shot. Hmmm, about me? I'm terrible at this. Well, my first gaming system was the Sega Genesis, followed by the Nintendo 64 but after that I've been almost exclusively a Sony/Playstation player, really becoming a fanboy around the time of the PS3 (not one of the obnoxious ones though, don't worry). If I had to narrow down a list of favorite games, LA Noire and Life is Strange would probably top the list. I'm one of those people that buys way too many games and then takes ages to play them. Currently playing Days Gone and MK11 despite being garbage at fighting games. And still addicted to Dead by Daylight.

Definitely recognize a couple of faces around here, look forward to Dragon Lord & I disagreeing with each other on every single topic LOL

Any questions, feel free.
[Image: MOnYWal.png]
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
Hey everybody, Daltonio here. Was sent this way by Sarah/Amalthea when we were talking about how I kinda got off the whole 'foruming' train but kinda missed it, she thought I might like this place haha. Figured I'd at least give it a shot. Hmmm, about me? I'm terrible at this. Well, my first gaming system was the Sega Genesis, followed by the Nintendo 64 but after that I've been almost exclusively a Sony/Playstation player, really becoming a fanboy around the time of the PS3 (not one of the obnoxious ones though, don't worry). If I had to narrow down a list of favorite games, LA Noire and Life is Strange would probably top the list. I'm one of those people that buys way too many games and then takes ages to play them. Currently playing Days Gone and MK11 despite being garbage at fighting games. And still addicted to Dead by Daylight.

Definitely recognize a couple of faces around here, look forward to Dragon Lord & I disagreeing with each other on every single topic LOL

Any questions, feel free.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Daltonio. Thank goodness you're not a bot/spammer, as I didn't recognise your username, although you did use a capital letter. I'm on my phone and don't like using the ACP on it, well I'd rather not. XD

Cool you were recommended by A Amalthea though. Should fit in fine

Did you ever go back/play anything from the PS1/PS2?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Welcome to UG, Daltonio. Thank goodness you're not a bot/spammer, as I didn't recognise your username, although you did use a capital letter. I'm on my phone and don't like using the ACP on it, well I'd rather not. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome to the community Daltonio! How are you finding Days Gone? I've found that reception to it has generally been a mixed bag with no clear cut majority towards bad/neutral/good feelings about it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome to the community Daltonio! How are you finding Days Gone? I've found that reception to it has generally been a mixed bag with no clear cut majority towards bad/neutral/good feelings about it.
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(May 15th, 2019, 10:44 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Not a bot last time I checked XD

I played the PS1 & 2 growing up as well, just not as much as when I really started gaming harder on the PS3. Was pretty much addicted to Kingdom Hearts as a kid so my PS2 def had some use.

(May 15th, 2019, 08:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Honestly I absolutely loved the game. But I'm a sucker for anything post-apocalypic/zombie related (the whole reason I know Sarah & DL is because of my past addiction to The Walking Dead haha). It does have some technical issues (lots of frame drops) but I had a lot of fun with the game and really got into the story. I think most of the average/bad reviews are coming from a place of being worn out of open world games and their formula. Because it doesn't really do anything new in that regard and I think some people are just over it and super bored of going around the map for collectibles, bases, side missions, etc.
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(May 15th, 2019, 10:44 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Not a bot last time I checked XD

I played the PS1 & 2 growing up as well, just not as much as when I really started gaming harder on the PS3. Was pretty much addicted to Kingdom Hearts as a kid so my PS2 def had some use.

Honestly I absolutely loved the game. But I'm a sucker for anything post-apocalypic/zombie related (the whole reason I know Sarah & DL is because of my past addiction to The Walking Dead haha). It does have some technical issues (lots of frame drops) but I had a lot of fun with the game and really got into the story. I think most of the average/bad reviews are coming from a place of being worn out of open world games and their formula. Because it doesn't really do anything new in that regard and I think some people are just over it and super bored of going around the map for collectibles, bases, side missions, etc.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Heya Daltman! Glad to see you joined Grin Hope you have fun here!

I still need to give Days Gone another go. Hopefully soon Tongue What was your favourite part about it?
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 

I still need to give Days Gone another go. Hopefully soon Tongue What was your favourite part about it?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 15th, 2019, 10:05 PM)Daltonio Wrote:

Yeah, the lack of pushing the genre of open world games or doing anything new (although I don't know any other game that does the weather system of Days Gone) seems to be the most frequent complaint I see about the game. I think if it gets a sequel it'll be able to come out of the gate much stronger to more people as the ground work has been laid and the developers won't be making an open world game for the first time. I have the same feelings for Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not a bad game at all, but there are definitely aspects to it that can be improved and the reason they probably wasn't as strong as they could be is simply due to Guerilla not having made an open world game before and doing it with a brand new IP.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 15th, 2019, 10:05 PM)Daltonio Wrote:

Yeah, the lack of pushing the genre of open world games or doing anything new (although I don't know any other game that does the weather system of Days Gone) seems to be the most frequent complaint I see about the game. I think if it gets a sequel it'll be able to come out of the gate much stronger to more people as the ground work has been laid and the developers won't be making an open world game for the first time. I have the same feelings for Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not a bad game at all, but there are definitely aspects to it that can be improved and the reason they probably wasn't as strong as they could be is simply due to Guerilla not having made an open world game before and doing it with a brand new IP.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Welcome to UG, Daltonio! I hope you enjoy this place Smile .

I don't think we've met before, but I'll look forward to hearing more from you Grin .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 

I don't think we've met before, but I'll look forward to hearing more from you Grin .
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(May 16th, 2019, 02:33 AM)Amalthea Wrote:

Thank you Sarry! Been busy with work lately and then using all my free time to play Yakuza so I haven't been on much but hoping to change that, haha.

Hmmm. Honestly I liked most aspects of it so it's hard to say. I really did get into the story and Deacon though so I'd probably say that.

(May 16th, 2019, 03:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Totally agree with everything that you say. I don't necessarily think that every game HAS to innovate either, as long as they pull off the things they do well, which I think Days Gone does in almost all respects. I'd definitely like to see them try some new things in a sequel though. Another problem with the game (aside from some performance issues - which actually caused my biggest jump scare in the game loool) is that it does take some time to get going and I feel like people may give up on it by then. It really hooks you into the story and everything but that doesn't happen until at least a couple hours in, if not a few, and starts out slow to get you invested in the world.

(May 19th, 2019, 12:36 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Your avatar looks really familiar, you may have been on WeTheGamers a little bit before it shut down?

Either way, glad to be here, look forward to talking!
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(May 16th, 2019, 02:33 AM)Amalthea Wrote:

Thank you Sarry! Been busy with work lately and then using all my free time to play Yakuza so I haven't been on much but hoping to change that, haha.

Hmmm. Honestly I liked most aspects of it so it's hard to say. I really did get into the story and Deacon though so I'd probably say that.

(May 16th, 2019, 03:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Totally agree with everything that you say. I don't necessarily think that every game HAS to innovate either, as long as they pull off the things they do well, which I think Days Gone does in almost all respects. I'd definitely like to see them try some new things in a sequel though. Another problem with the game (aside from some performance issues - which actually caused my biggest jump scare in the game loool) is that it does take some time to get going and I feel like people may give up on it by then. It really hooks you into the story and everything but that doesn't happen until at least a couple hours in, if not a few, and starts out slow to get you invested in the world.

(May 19th, 2019, 12:36 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Your avatar looks really familiar, you may have been on WeTheGamers a little bit before it shut down?

Either way, glad to be here, look forward to talking!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I believe I am late to this party, but still welcome to UG I hope you enjoy the forums and our community. Smile

As for a first question by me have you played Life Is Strange 2? And if you have what is your opinion on it?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I believe I am late to this party, but still welcome to UG I hope you enjoy the forums and our community. Smile

As for a first question by me have you played Life Is Strange 2? And if you have what is your opinion on it?
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(Jun 12th, 2019, 01:09 AM)Yuri Wrote:

Of course! Grin I pre-ordered it the second it became available haha. I've actually really been enjoying it so far for the most part (except for one part at the beginning of Ep. 2. Feels), Sean and Daniel are really good characters. I'm one of those people who loved the ending of the first season and don't want them to continue it so I was fine starting over with new characters. The last episode was the best one of the season yet so I'm looking forward to what's next. Although I think their release schedule is really stupid. The final episode isn't out until December and the season started like.. last September.
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(Jun 12th, 2019, 01:09 AM)Yuri Wrote:

Of course! Grin I pre-ordered it the second it became available haha. I've actually really been enjoying it so far for the most part (except for one part at the beginning of Ep. 2. Feels), Sean and Daniel are really good characters. I'm one of those people who loved the ending of the first season and don't want them to continue it so I was fine starting over with new characters. The last episode was the best one of the season yet so I'm looking forward to what's next. Although I think their release schedule is really stupid. The final episode isn't out until December and the season started like.. last September.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm mega-late to this party and it feels bad, man Sad

Anyway, hello! Glad to have you here ^_^ If it's not too personal to ask, what do you do on your day-to-day?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Anyway, hello! Glad to have you here ^_^ If it's not too personal to ask, what do you do on your day-to-day?
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(Jul 14th, 2019, 02:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Don't feel bad, I'm even more late. See how long it took me to answer this  Whistle

Eh, honestly not too much lately, lately my day-to-day feels like it's been:
1.) wake up
2.) go to work
3.) relax and play a game for a little bit
4.) go to sleep
5.) wake up, go to work and repeat. Ugh

But we'll see what happens, I want to get out of my current job so hopefully there will be some changes soon. Haha.
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(Jul 14th, 2019, 02:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Don't feel bad, I'm even more late. See how long it took me to answer this  Whistle

Eh, honestly not too much lately, lately my day-to-day feels like it's been:
1.) wake up
2.) go to work
3.) relax and play a game for a little bit
4.) go to sleep
5.) wake up, go to work and repeat. Ugh

But we'll see what happens, I want to get out of my current job so hopefully there will be some changes soon. Haha.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
If you can working from home during the epicdemic is always a very safe and smart choice if you can find a job that does remote. Smile

Welcome back we all have been rather late to parties around here I am sure.

Now that LIfe is Strange 2 has finished up what was your feeling about it? I kinda feel like some parts felt kinda rushed I mean they only had five episodes to tell the story, but with the first LIfe Is Strange and the prequel you had these sequence of event that were like right after eachother so some parts didn't really feel rushed.

One thing that I think I wasn't a huge fan of it didn't really feel like there were that many reoccuring characters in the story like you went past one episode into another and usually said goodbye to the characters and even if you particularly enjoyed them you don't really interact with them again.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
If you can working from home during the epicdemic is always a very safe and smart choice if you can find a job that does remote. Smile

Welcome back we all have been rather late to parties around here I am sure.

Now that LIfe is Strange 2 has finished up what was your feeling about it? I kinda feel like some parts felt kinda rushed I mean they only had five episodes to tell the story, but with the first LIfe Is Strange and the prequel you had these sequence of event that were like right after eachother so some parts didn't really feel rushed.

One thing that I think I wasn't a huge fan of it didn't really feel like there were that many reoccuring characters in the story like you went past one episode into another and usually said goodbye to the characters and even if you particularly enjoyed them you don't really interact with them again.
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
We shall see. I'm working retail right now which is uhhh... like one of the worst places to be right now lol.

So as a whole, I absolutely loved Life is Strange 2. My main problem (other than Mushroom :'( )was of course the insane waits between the episodes this time around (just checked my trophies and between my first and last was 1 year, 2 months). It had just about everything I love about the Life is Strange series in it. I see what you mean about the characters. I didn't totally hate it because I could see the road trip theme that they were going with but yeah. The devs really know how to make you so attached to characters with some little screentime. Lyla, Brody, Chris, Cassisy, etc. were all on my mind until the very end despite only appearing for so little. After the Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, I definitely did expect some of the side characters to have bigger impacts though.

I also felt a little like Square lost a little faith or the budget started to get cut at the end or something, mostly because of the lack of licensed music. The music they choose is one of the best parts of the series and they started getting fewer and fewer to the point the last episode didn't even have a single song, not even for the ending.

I hope they continue the series though and keep it going as an anthology. That cameo in Ep 5 was great but I hope they don't feel pressured to bring back Max.
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
We shall see. I'm working retail right now which is uhhh... like one of the worst places to be right now lol.

So as a whole, I absolutely loved Life is Strange 2. My main problem (other than Mushroom :'( )was of course the insane waits between the episodes this time around (just checked my trophies and between my first and last was 1 year, 2 months). It had just about everything I love about the Life is Strange series in it. I see what you mean about the characters. I didn't totally hate it because I could see the road trip theme that they were going with but yeah. The devs really know how to make you so attached to characters with some little screentime. Lyla, Brody, Chris, Cassisy, etc. were all on my mind until the very end despite only appearing for so little. After the Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, I definitely did expect some of the side characters to have bigger impacts though.

I also felt a little like Square lost a little faith or the budget started to get cut at the end or something, mostly because of the lack of licensed music. The music they choose is one of the best parts of the series and they started getting fewer and fewer to the point the last episode didn't even have a single song, not even for the ending.

I hope they continue the series though and keep it going as an anthology. That cameo in Ep 5 was great but I hope they don't feel pressured to bring back Max.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, it's great to see you back again Grin !

Sorry to hear things are tough in retail - but, yeah, I can definitely imagine they would be >_< .

If you do manage to get out of it, any ideas what you'd like to do instead?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Well, it's great to see you back again Grin !

Sorry to hear things are tough in retail - but, yeah, I can definitely imagine they would be >_< .

If you do manage to get out of it, any ideas what you'd like to do instead?