Memories
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
After reading the Defining Moments of Gaming thread I thought why not have a thread for people to share any memorable memories they have about anything that doesn't apply to playing a game. Tongue

I have a fond memory from work where during a break a colleague said "I saw a fit looking girl down my aisle today. I'd say she was a solid 8." and someone replies with "That's a bit young for you isn't it?". The delivery of it was so quick that the person didn't know how to respond. XD

Another great one of mine is from a vacation in Winter 2008 to Disneyland Paris. When coming home on the Eurostar train, I needed to fart really badly so I did it in the area of the carriage where everyone collects their bags from and get off so that no one would easily know who was to blame. It smelt a lot worse than I expected it too though so I ended up laughing like a hyena on the train platform as I watched peoples reactions and their attempts to find their bags and get off the train as fast as possible. The best moment was when a woman got off the train and noticed me laughing so gave me a look of disgust, which just made the whole thing funnier to me! ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
After reading the Defining Moments of Gaming thread I thought why not have a thread for people to share any memorable memories they have about anything that doesn't apply to playing a game. Tongue

I have a fond memory from work where during a break a colleague said "I saw a fit looking girl down my aisle today. I'd say she was a solid 8." and someone replies with "That's a bit young for you isn't it?". The delivery of it was so quick that the person didn't know how to respond. XD

Another great one of mine is from a vacation in Winter 2008 to Disneyland Paris. When coming home on the Eurostar train, I needed to fart really badly so I did it in the area of the carriage where everyone collects their bags from and get off so that no one would easily know who was to blame. It smelt a lot worse than I expected it too though so I ended up laughing like a hyena on the train platform as I watched peoples reactions and their attempts to find their bags and get off the train as fast as possible. The best moment was when a woman got off the train and noticed me laughing so gave me a look of disgust, which just made the whole thing funnier to me! ROFL
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
When I moved to a beautiful city called Tandil (around 2008), there was no shortage of sights to behold... really amazing city when it came to it, with its undisturbed wilderness and medieval set up. Truly a delight to live there.

However, there was one such sight that only locals knew how to get to and became an amusement source for years to come: The Waterfall.

An otherwise amazing place with tons of little details and breath-taking landscapes that you really had to struggle to reach. It was something like 12 kilometers outside of the city's limits and four or five to the west... you can imagine the level of confusion that put tourists thru on a daily basis (more than one ended up unknowingly trespassing, too).

I had to really work in order to get to that place... and it didn't let me down, however I found that you had to break open a rusted fence in order to gain access, which was a bridge too far for many of the gentler, more law-observant tourist of the area that were skilled enough to find the place. It was really funny to see large groups of people in the road leading to the The Waterfall and on the verge of the fence hastily exchanging info on how to get there -or if it even existed-. There was also somewhat heated debate on whether or not to open the fence (which was not helped by the constant influx of low-flying Airforce jets passing by... on their way back to the nearby base, of course, but that still confused and scared many).

I probably should have told some of them how to solve this puzzle... but no-one helped me. And really, it's sweeter when you figure out yourself Grin

Da culprit:

When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
When I moved to a beautiful city called Tandil (around 2008), there was no shortage of sights to behold... really amazing city when it came to it, with its undisturbed wilderness and medieval set up. Truly a delight to live there.

However, there was one such sight that only locals knew how to get to and became an amusement source for years to come: The Waterfall.

An otherwise amazing place with tons of little details and breath-taking landscapes that you really had to struggle to reach. It was something like 12 kilometers outside of the city's limits and four or five to the west... you can imagine the level of confusion that put tourists thru on a daily basis (more than one ended up unknowingly trespassing, too).

I had to really work in order to get to that place... and it didn't let me down, however I found that you had to break open a rusted fence in order to gain access, which was a bridge too far for many of the gentler, more law-observant tourist of the area that were skilled enough to find the place. It was really funny to see large groups of people in the road leading to the The Waterfall and on the verge of the fence hastily exchanging info on how to get there -or if it even existed-. There was also somewhat heated debate on whether or not to open the fence (which was not helped by the constant influx of low-flying Airforce jets passing by... on their way back to the nearby base, of course, but that still confused and scared many).

I probably should have told some of them how to solve this puzzle... but no-one helped me. And really, it's sweeter when you figure out yourself Grin

Da culprit:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I remember making this thread and it getting almost zero traction. ;w;

Anyway, I have a memory that I always like to recall from my previous job. So a large group of us in the grocery team are on break and sitting at a table together in the break room (I'd say there was about 8 of us) and this one guy says "I saw this nice looking girl down my aisle. I'd say she was a solid 8." and someone else immediately responds with "A bit young for you ain't it?". The look on the guys face at that retort was amazing. XD 
It was just such a perfect comeback with such ridiculous speed. ROFL

There was also a time where @ShiraNoMai and I were waiting for a train with @Mr EliteL in the middle of Winter in London and one of us dared him to take off his coat and wait for the train with only his t-shirt on (he kept his lower clothes on you heathens). I know a photo exists of it somewhere but 1) I forget where and 2) I'm not going to share it unless EL is OK with it. XD Or if need be I'll black out the face and one of you perverts here can track him down by his gorgeous body. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I remember making this thread and it getting almost zero traction. ;w;

Anyway, I have a memory that I always like to recall from my previous job. So a large group of us in the grocery team are on break and sitting at a table together in the break room (I'd say there was about 8 of us) and this one guy says "I saw this nice looking girl down my aisle. I'd say she was a solid 8." and someone else immediately responds with "A bit young for you ain't it?". The look on the guys face at that retort was amazing. XD 
It was just such a perfect comeback with such ridiculous speed. ROFL

There was also a time where @ShiraNoMai and I were waiting for a train with @Mr EliteL in the middle of Winter in London and one of us dared him to take off his coat and wait for the train with only his t-shirt on (he kept his lower clothes on you heathens). I know a photo exists of it somewhere but 1) I forget where and 2) I'm not going to share it unless EL is OK with it. XD Or if need be I'll black out the face and one of you perverts here can track him down by his gorgeous body. Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface : For the first memory in your previous, you already have it in the first post of the topic. XD At least it proves that memory still sticks with you. Ah, if only I weren't on 6AM shifts as I barely got to hang with you on break times to witness moments like that.

I have a good memory of my second section leader on Ambient Process, he was so laid back and give much of a toss when it came to the end of our shift. On one rare Sunday, and even rarer it was an evening and it was stock-take, there was four or five of us including myself and him, with a good 20 minutes left with what we had to do finished. We could've filled stock or tidied but he basically said fuck it let's spend the rest of our shift in the canteen, and that's where we went. LOL

Oh, and the photo of me in the T-shirt at the train station is on Facebook, can find it quickly on my page as I barely have anything on there. I don't mind if people see, although damn I needed a haircut and a shave in it, if it works here's the link. Dang, it was in 2012. I'd do it again too, even if when I did exit the train later the temperature outside hit me like a freight train, won't bother me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface : For the first memory in your previous, you already have it in the first post of the topic. XD At least it proves that memory still sticks with you. Ah, if only I weren't on 6AM shifts as I barely got to hang with you on break times to witness moments like that.

I have a good memory of my second section leader on Ambient Process, he was so laid back and give much of a toss when it came to the end of our shift. On one rare Sunday, and even rarer it was an evening and it was stock-take, there was four or five of us including myself and him, with a good 20 minutes left with what we had to do finished. We could've filled stock or tidied but he basically said fuck it let's spend the rest of our shift in the canteen, and that's where we went. LOL

Oh, and the photo of me in the T-shirt at the train station is on Facebook, can find it quickly on my page as I barely have anything on there. I don't mind if people see, although damn I needed a haircut and a shave in it, if it works here's the link. Dang, it was in 2012. I'd do it again too, even if when I did exit the train later the temperature outside hit me like a freight train, won't bother me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 2nd, 2020, 07:55 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I completely missed that despite checking the first post too. Well, at least I put something else so my post isn't worthless. Tongue
That break was the 5PM one though so unless you were leaving at like 7 or later you wouldn't have got that break.

Your first memory happens at my store whenever my grocery manager announces there's going to be a huddle and you finish your current workload with 5 or so minutes before he's going to call it. Everyone just stands around doing nothing because it isn't worth starting new work only to immediately get called to the back for 10+ minutes. XD

I'd love to get you to Boston for PAX and make you do that same dare there. It was stupid cold when I went there with Shira. Although I'd like to visit England in the height of Winter to see how both places compare because for all I know the time you did that photo could've been just as cold, but I didn't find it as cold back then compared to Boston because I was more used to the cold then, which Florida tends to sorely lack. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 2nd, 2020, 07:55 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I completely missed that despite checking the first post too. Well, at least I put something else so my post isn't worthless. Tongue
That break was the 5PM one though so unless you were leaving at like 7 or later you wouldn't have got that break.

Your first memory happens at my store whenever my grocery manager announces there's going to be a huddle and you finish your current workload with 5 or so minutes before he's going to call it. Everyone just stands around doing nothing because it isn't worth starting new work only to immediately get called to the back for 10+ minutes. XD

I'd love to get you to Boston for PAX and make you do that same dare there. It was stupid cold when I went there with Shira. Although I'd like to visit England in the height of Winter to see how both places compare because for all I know the time you did that photo could've been just as cold, but I didn't find it as cold back then compared to Boston because I was more used to the cold then, which Florida tends to sorely lack. ROFL
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
My best/favorite memory growing up was that even though me and my family were considered poor my sister and I never went without. I got what I wanted pretty much when I wanted it and if my parents couldn't afford it, I understood (for the most part lol) and it wasn't a real need to begin with.

My wants weren't as important as my needs and that's something I learned at a very young age. It has shaped me into the person I am today.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
My best/favorite memory growing up was that even though me and my family were considered poor my sister and I never went without. I got what I wanted pretty much when I wanted it and if my parents couldn't afford it, I understood (for the most part lol) and it wasn't a real need to begin with.

My wants weren't as important as my needs and that's something I learned at a very young age. It has shaped me into the person I am today.