Masayuki Uemura, Creator Of The NES And SNES, Has Passed Away
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Masayuki Uemura passed away at the age of 78 on December 6th. Joining Nintendo in 1972, he was put in charge of Nintendo R&D2 upon its creation, which would go on to produce the NES and SNES with Uemura as the lead architect for both systems. Work on the NES began in 1981 following a demand from Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi that he create a device capable of playing arcade games on a TV, but with games that came on interchangeable cartridges. Uemura also served as producer on several titles, including Ice Climber, Clu Clu Land and a trilogy of sports titles: Soccer, Baseball and Golf, before retiring from the company in 2004.

Masayuki Uemura Wrote:
The best time that I remember was when we completed developing [the] Famicom. Back then, we didn’t know if it was going to be popular or not, but the fact that we are able to complete the product was very satisfactory. That was the first mission; to make sure to complete developing the device and I did it, so I was happy.
Masahiro Sakurai Wrote:
It has been announced that Masayuki Uemura, the creator of the Family Computer, has passed away. I pray for your soul... NES is the game console that I was most influenced by. Without this, it wouldn't be there.
I never grew up with the systems he created, but I know they were massively important following the video game crash of 1983 and without their success gaming as a whole could be drastically different to what it is today.

Rest in peace.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Masayuki Uemura passed away at the age of 78 on December 6th. Joining Nintendo in 1972, he was put in charge of Nintendo R&D2 upon its creation, which would go on to produce the NES and SNES with Uemura as the lead architect for both systems. Work on the NES began in 1981 following a demand from Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi that he create a device capable of playing arcade games on a TV, but with games that came on interchangeable cartridges. Uemura also served as producer on several titles, including Ice Climber, Clu Clu Land and a trilogy of sports titles: Soccer, Baseball and Golf, before retiring from the company in 2004.

Masayuki Uemura Wrote:
The best time that I remember was when we completed developing [the] Famicom. Back then, we didn’t know if it was going to be popular or not, but the fact that we are able to complete the product was very satisfactory. That was the first mission; to make sure to complete developing the device and I did it, so I was happy.
Masahiro Sakurai Wrote:
It has been announced that Masayuki Uemura, the creator of the Family Computer, has passed away. I pray for your soul... NES is the game console that I was most influenced by. Without this, it wouldn't be there.
I never grew up with the systems he created, but I know they were massively important following the video game crash of 1983 and without their success gaming as a whole could be drastically different to what it is today.

Rest in peace.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Big sad, but damn did this man save the game industry with his creations and should be hailed a king for it in the industry. o7
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Big sad, but damn did this man save the game industry with his creations and should be hailed a king for it in the industry. o7
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
SNES will always remain a top 3 system. I thank him for giving me so much to enjoy during my childhood.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
SNES will always remain a top 3 system. I thank him for giving me so much to enjoy during my childhood.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 10th, 2021, 07:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
What are the other two you consider as top 3 systems?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 10th, 2021, 07:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
What are the other two you consider as top 3 systems?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,908 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface