Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, thanks for clarifying you two. Smile

I saw this article earlier today that has stuff from an interview about this game and the third one, and it seems Cid might be getting held back from being a party member until the third game:

Tetsuya Nomura Wrote:
The playability of party members is discussed next. Hamaguchi says that while all the party members will appear in the game, the player cannot control character(s), similar to how Red XIII was handled in Remake. Nomura says that this is due to the addition of the Chain mechanics, and there being more characters in Rebirth. The timing of the character(s) joining was also considered: As they join very late, it would be hard to balance the game around their growth, and so they will not be playable until the third game.
Source: https://www.frontlinejp.net/2023/10/21/f...view-1023/

Obviously it isn't saying outright he'll be playable in the third game but it makes sense that's how things are going to pan out based on this statement I think.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, thanks for clarifying you two. Smile

I saw this article earlier today that has stuff from an interview about this game and the third one, and it seems Cid might be getting held back from being a party member until the third game:

Tetsuya Nomura Wrote:
The playability of party members is discussed next. Hamaguchi says that while all the party members will appear in the game, the player cannot control character(s), similar to how Red XIII was handled in Remake. Nomura says that this is due to the addition of the Chain mechanics, and there being more characters in Rebirth. The timing of the character(s) joining was also considered: As they join very late, it would be hard to balance the game around their growth, and so they will not be playable until the third game.
Source: https://www.frontlinejp.net/2023/10/21/f...view-1023/

Obviously it isn't saying outright he'll be playable in the third game but it makes sense that's how things are going to pan out based on this statement I think.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
^That was precisely what I was thinking was going to be implied. They're rearranging a lot of the OG story from the looks of it so it wouldn't be too out of place to see how a lot of that will get crammed into that third and final disc.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
^That was precisely what I was thinking was going to be implied. They're rearranging a lot of the OG story from the looks of it so it wouldn't be too out of place to see how a lot of that will get crammed into that third and final disc.
shadow Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Moonstone Isle
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 735
Still interesting to see how Square is 'changing' the story to fit this new narrative they want to build.
[Image: shadow10.png]
"You best try your hardest. Or else you'll get hurt" - Shadow before fighting Emerl.
shadow Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Moonstone Isle
Pronouns
He/Him
Still interesting to see how Square is 'changing' the story to fit this new narrative they want to build.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Destined for Rebirth Trailer
Check out the newest trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, in which Cloud and his friends will journey across the planet in search of Sephiroth.

As a reminder, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth releases on February 29, 2024 exclusively for PlayStation 5 (until the inevitable PC port happens).

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Destined for Rebirth Trailer
Check out the newest trailer for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, in which Cloud and his friends will journey across the planet in search of Sephiroth.

As a reminder, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth releases on February 29, 2024 exclusively for PlayStation 5 (until the inevitable PC port happens).
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I am so excited to play rebirth! It's just one month away. Grin
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I am so excited to play rebirth! It's just one month away. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | State of Play Announced
At the end of today's State of Play presentation, it was announced that the next State of Play will take place on February 6 dedicated solely to coverage of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

While you wait for that to happen, the PlayStation Blog recently posted an article where Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Creative Director Tetsuya Nomura discuss reimagining iconic characters Sephiroth and Aerith for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: PlayStation Blog | Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: Square Enix discusses reimagining iconic characters Sephiroth and Aerith

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | State of Play Announced
At the end of today's State of Play presentation, it was announced that the next State of Play will take place on February 6 dedicated solely to coverage of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

While you wait for that to happen, the PlayStation Blog recently posted an article where Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Creative Director Tetsuya Nomura discuss reimagining iconic characters Sephiroth and Aerith for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: PlayStation Blog | Final Fantasy VII Rebirth: Square Enix discusses reimagining iconic characters Sephiroth and Aerith
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Feb. 6 State of Play Summary
Here is everything covered during today's State of Play showcase dedicated to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, as well as the full presentation for those who wish to watch it:

• A demo of the game is available to download today! The demo will allow you to control Cloud or Sephiroth in battle, with the latter being playable as part of the extended flashback section, as Cloud recalls an earlier mission in his career as a Soldier – the Nibelheim incident.

• An update will be made to the demo on February 21st which will allow you to explore part of the Junon region.

• Save data from the demo transfers to the full game, and players can skip the content the demo contains when they reach it in the full game. Furthermore, a Kupo charm and other adventuring items will be given to all players who transfer demo save data to the full game.

• Much like the original version of Final Fantasy VII, players will be able to fully traverse a giant open world map that connects all of the games areas together seamlessly. Players can use Chocobos, buggies, and wheelies to aid with traversing the world.

• Chocobos will have different abilities in each area. Some can swim through raging currents, jump over mushroom footholds, or even scale sheer cliffs.

• Image showing the entire overworld map in Rebirth.

• World Intel – where you survey the world, fighting fearsome foes and seeking out various resources or hidden treasures as you go.

• Odd Jobs – which delve deeper into the world and characters.

• Sanctuaries – which reveal knowledge on this game’s summons, helping Cloud and his companions conquer them to subsequently call on their power in battle.

• Minigames are more diverse and larger than they were in the original game. One minigame that was highlighted is the card game Queen’s Blood; you can collect cards from the early part of the game, so you can enjoy thinking up and building a powerful deck that’s unique to you.

• Cloud's relationships with characters will change according to his actions and dialogue choices, impacting most notably the well-loved date event scene from the original game. In addition to date partners players of the original Final Fantasy VII can expect, the team has prepared some new partners plus an expanded date sequence within the Gold Saucer.

• Increasing your party level also increases the bond between the entire team, and doing so means characters will be able to achieve their true potential in combat. These are called Synergy Skills, which can be performed by characters with a close relationship to each other.

• There are over 400 new songs in Rebirth.

• New Trailer - Immersion

• New Trailer - Final Trailer

• Deluxe Edition revealed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Feb. 6 State of Play Summary
Here is everything covered during today's State of Play showcase dedicated to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, as well as the full presentation for those who wish to watch it:

• A demo of the game is available to download today! The demo will allow you to control Cloud or Sephiroth in battle, with the latter being playable as part of the extended flashback section, as Cloud recalls an earlier mission in his career as a Soldier – the Nibelheim incident.

• An update will be made to the demo on February 21st which will allow you to explore part of the Junon region.

• Save data from the demo transfers to the full game, and players can skip the content the demo contains when they reach it in the full game. Furthermore, a Kupo charm and other adventuring items will be given to all players who transfer demo save data to the full game.

• Much like the original version of Final Fantasy VII, players will be able to fully traverse a giant open world map that connects all of the games areas together seamlessly. Players can use Chocobos, buggies, and wheelies to aid with traversing the world.

• Chocobos will have different abilities in each area. Some can swim through raging currents, jump over mushroom footholds, or even scale sheer cliffs.

• Image showing the entire overworld map in Rebirth.

• World Intel – where you survey the world, fighting fearsome foes and seeking out various resources or hidden treasures as you go.

• Odd Jobs – which delve deeper into the world and characters.

• Sanctuaries – which reveal knowledge on this game’s summons, helping Cloud and his companions conquer them to subsequently call on their power in battle.

• Minigames are more diverse and larger than they were in the original game. One minigame that was highlighted is the card game Queen’s Blood; you can collect cards from the early part of the game, so you can enjoy thinking up and building a powerful deck that’s unique to you.

• Cloud's relationships with characters will change according to his actions and dialogue choices, impacting most notably the well-loved date event scene from the original game. In addition to date partners players of the original Final Fantasy VII can expect, the team has prepared some new partners plus an expanded date sequence within the Gold Saucer.

• Increasing your party level also increases the bond between the entire team, and doing so means characters will be able to achieve their true potential in combat. These are called Synergy Skills, which can be performed by characters with a close relationship to each other.

• There are over 400 new songs in Rebirth.

• New Trailer - Immersion

• New Trailer - Final Trailer

• Deluxe Edition revealed.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually downloaded the demo for rebirth. So far they missed the orthopedic underwear & I was kinda disappointed. LOL When you get to poke around in Tifa's room you can say you looked in her drawers but all Cloud does is react, no panties at all. UGH. xD

Then you get to play on her piano and the way you play it is set up so weird! It's like a circle with the keys on the controller, very weird impo. I got as far as headed to the mako reactor but had to save just outside it before I saved and quit last night. So far, the battling system is a lot more improved and playing as Sephiroth is kind of op. lmao
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I actually downloaded the demo for rebirth. So far they missed the orthopedic underwear & I was kinda disappointed. LOL When you get to poke around in Tifa's room you can say you looked in her drawers but all Cloud does is react, no panties at all. UGH. xD

Then you get to play on her piano and the way you play it is set up so weird! It's like a circle with the keys on the controller, very weird impo. I got as far as headed to the mako reactor but had to save just outside it before I saved and quit last night. So far, the battling system is a lot more improved and playing as Sephiroth is kind of op. lmao
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok so I have some complaints, Queens Blood a card game in Rebirth is a pain in my ass and gets hard quicker than I'd like. Starts out easy then you go into a tournament and then gets harder to win against certain characters. <_<

Also, Fort Condor is also something I avoided like the PLEAUGE in the original game, and they only made it worse in rebirth, impo.

Oh yea, and the moogles. The moogles are creepy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. <_< WHY? In FF9 they were so cute, why make them look so creepy? I actually like moogles mut these models put me off of them. D:

excuse my b*tching but now I feel better. lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Ok so I have some complaints, Queens Blood a card game in Rebirth is a pain in my ass and gets hard quicker than I'd like. Starts out easy then you go into a tournament and then gets harder to win against certain characters. <_<

Also, Fort Condor is also something I avoided like the PLEAUGE in the original game, and they only made it worse in rebirth, impo.

Oh yea, and the moogles. The moogles are creepy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. <_< WHY? In FF9 they were so cute, why make them look so creepy? I actually like moogles mut these models put me off of them. D:

excuse my b*tching but now I feel better. lol
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen bits and pieces of this game through a streamer I follow, and right now they're at the seaside resort area of the game that I forget the name of. I'm not sure if they've modded their game at all or not but if not, I like that everyone gets to have resort attire rather than their standard outfits. As I was writing this the streamer actually just said they also hate the Moogle designs so now I get to see what they are like...
Hmm. They're not as awful as I went in expecting them to be, but comparing their designs in this game to their older design it seems the biggest change was their eyes? It looks like their ears got changed too but that doesn't seem as jarring as the eye change. And oh god I just got a really good view of their whole face and I now absolutely hate it. Yikes

Also because I'm not worried about spoilers, for what reason does Cloud and company just hang around this resort in the story (regardless of whether it's this game or the OG FF7)? It seems like this section of the story is a lot of random stuff going on that goes against the urgency the characters initially have of going after Sephiroth. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen bits and pieces of this game through a streamer I follow, and right now they're at the seaside resort area of the game that I forget the name of. I'm not sure if they've modded their game at all or not but if not, I like that everyone gets to have resort attire rather than their standard outfits. As I was writing this the streamer actually just said they also hate the Moogle designs so now I get to see what they are like...
Hmm. They're not as awful as I went in expecting them to be, but comparing their designs in this game to their older design it seems the biggest change was their eyes? It looks like their ears got changed too but that doesn't seem as jarring as the eye change. And oh god I just got a really good view of their whole face and I now absolutely hate it. Yikes

Also because I'm not worried about spoilers, for what reason does Cloud and company just hang around this resort in the story (regardless of whether it's this game or the OG FF7)? It seems like this section of the story is a lot of random stuff going on that goes against the urgency the characters initially have of going after Sephiroth. Unsure
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I looked up how they look in Rebirth to see if they were really all that bad. First thing I noticed was that there's actually a lot of articles about how creepy and unsettling fans think they are. So when I finally looked at an image of them... yeah, I don't know who at Square Enix decided to want to ruin everyone's day, but they look absolutely atrocious in this game.

Historically, Mooogles in the Final Fantasy series have been more like cute stuffed animals. Short/stubby and chubby. Why they decided to make them skinnier, taller and more human like (with a full set of human looking chompers), I don't know, but it is very weird.

To give a comparison, this is how Moogles looked in Final Fantasy XVI, about 7 months before Rebirth:

[Image: Final%20Fantasy%20XVI%20Hunt%20Preview%2...k=plPZKBa-]

They had that short/stubby/chubby cuteness that they are known for throughout the series. Not sure why someone decided they had to look like a rejected mascot of a horror film in Rebirth.

As a side note, I seen people comparing the design of Rebirth's Moogles to the horrendous design of the original Sonic for the Sonic movies, and I find that kind of hilarious.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I looked up how they look in Rebirth to see if they were really all that bad. First thing I noticed was that there's actually a lot of articles about how creepy and unsettling fans think they are. So when I finally looked at an image of them... yeah, I don't know who at Square Enix decided to want to ruin everyone's day, but they look absolutely atrocious in this game.

Historically, Mooogles in the Final Fantasy series have been more like cute stuffed animals. Short/stubby and chubby. Why they decided to make them skinnier, taller and more human like (with a full set of human looking chompers), I don't know, but it is very weird.

To give a comparison, this is how Moogles looked in Final Fantasy XVI, about 7 months before Rebirth:

[Image: Final%20Fantasy%20XVI%20Hunt%20Preview%2...k=plPZKBa-]

They had that short/stubby/chubby cuteness that they are known for throughout the series. Not sure why someone decided they had to look like a rejected mascot of a horror film in Rebirth.

As a side note, I seen people comparing the design of Rebirth's Moogles to the horrendous design of the original Sonic for the Sonic movies, and I find that kind of hilarious.
shadow Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Moonstone Isle
Pronouns
He/Him
In the original Final Fantasy VII, when the group stops at Costa Del Sol it's to rest, since your made to do that anyway. While there you find Hojo hanging out with some beach women. Which I always found hilarious.
[Image: shadow10.png]
"You best try your hardest. Or else you'll get hurt" - Shadow before fighting Emerl.
shadow Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Moonstone Isle
Pronouns
He/Him
In the original Final Fantasy VII, when the group stops at Costa Del Sol it's to rest, since your made to do that anyway. While there you find Hojo hanging out with some beach women. Which I always found hilarious.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Mar 5th, 2024, 11:52 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've seen bits and pieces of this game through a streamer I follow, and right now they're at the seaside resort area of the game that I forget the name of. I'm not sure if they've modded their game at all or not but if not, I like that everyone gets to have resort attire rather than their standard outfits. As I was writing this the streamer actually just said they also hate the Moogle designs so now I get to see what they are like... Hmm. They're not as awful as I went in expecting them to be, but comparing their designs in this game to their older design it seems the biggest change was their eyes? It looks like their ears got changed too but that doesn't seem as jarring as the eye change. And oh god I just got a really good view of their whole face and I now absolutely hate it. Yikes
Yea, like DragonLord mentioned there are way cuter Moogles. Heck even the final fantasy tactic moggles are way cuter. Also haha yea, the streamer I'm watching also thinks the way the moggle faces look are off putting.

(Mar 6th, 2024, 06:06 AM)shadow Wrote:
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've seen bits and pieces of this game through a streamer I follow, and right now they're at the seaside resort area of the game that I forget the name of. I'm not sure if they've modded their game at all or not but if not, I like that everyone gets to have resort attire rather than their standard outfits. As I was writing this the streamer actually just said they also hate the Moogle designs so now I get to see what they are like... Hmm. They're not as awful as I went in expecting them to be, but comparing their designs in this game to their older design it seems the biggest change was their eyes? It looks like their ears got changed too but that doesn't seem as jarring as the eye change. And oh god I just got a really good view of their whole face and I now absolutely hate it. Yikes
Yea, like DragonLord mentioned there are way cuter Moogles. Heck even the final fantasy tactic moggles are way cuter. Also haha yea, the streamer I'm watching also thinks the way the moggle faces look are off putting.

(Mar 6th, 2024, 06:06 AM)shadow Wrote:
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Square Enix has released a four-part documentary series called Inside Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, which uncovers the stories behind the making of the RPG through the eyes of the development team.

Press Release Wrote:
In this four-part documentary series, dive deep into the creation of this new, standalone RPG with candid insights and never-before-heard stories from a lineup of the series’ directors, artists, designers, and voice talent. This series offers fans and newcomers a backstage pass to hear secrets about the game’s vast and vibrant world, the powerful bonds between party members and the rich, multi-faceted stories and quests that await in this legendary adventure.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Square Enix has released a four-part documentary series called Inside Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, which uncovers the stories behind the making of the RPG through the eyes of the development team.

Press Release Wrote:
In this four-part documentary series, dive deep into the creation of this new, standalone RPG with candid insights and never-before-heard stories from a lineup of the series’ directors, artists, designers, and voice talent. This series offers fans and newcomers a backstage pass to hear secrets about the game’s vast and vibrant world, the powerful bonds between party members and the rich, multi-faceted stories and quests that await in this legendary adventure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 206 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,564 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Last of Us Part II | Remaster Announced Moonface 70 40,377 Nov 26th, 2023, 02:40 AM
  Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Moonface 38 9,024 Jul 18th, 2022, 04:15 PM
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 39,925 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM