Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Eh I don't imagine it to be any different in terms of quality.

I'm more concerned that The Pokemon Company had nothing to show for E3 this year? It's been at least 4 months since the last direct, not even an update is a bit odd.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Eh I don't imagine it to be any different in terms of quality.

I'm more concerned that The Pokemon Company had nothing to show for E3 this year? It's been at least 4 months since the last direct, not even an update is a bit odd.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I would've expected at least something for the DP remakes since they're coming out this year.

So I don't know if this can really apply but I'll see; what do people think are the best opening and endings to a Pokemon game? I've not played many but out of the ones I have I did really like the way XY starts where it's everyone starting out together as a group.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I would've expected at least something for the DP remakes since they're coming out this year.

So I don't know if this can really apply but I'll see; what do people think are the best opening and endings to a Pokemon game? I've not played many but out of the ones I have I did really like the way XY starts where it's everyone starting out together as a group.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokemon Home Gets Major Update: Trade Across All Switch Games!

[Image: 01-en-th.jpg]

Version 2.0.0 is out, and with it comes the update everyone's been waiting for: trading across all the recent games! Yes, indeed, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword and Shield will be mutually compatible with Pokémon HOME, and you will be able to deposit and withdraw Pokémon to and from each of these games. For example, you will be able to take a Pikachu that you caught in Pokémon Sword into Pokémon Legends: Arceus or Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

Please note that transferring Pokémon to a game they were not originally caught in may cause certain changes to known moves, level, and what type of Poké Ball they were caught in Since Pokémon Legends: Arceus takes place in the distant past of the world of Pokémon, Poké Balls from the other games do not yet exist.*

To celebrate Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl becoming compatible with Pokémon HOME, you will be gifted special Pokémon when you link each game to Pokémon HOME.

When you deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you will receive Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

If you deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Legends: Arceus into the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you will receive Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott with maximum effort levels as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

*So, when Pokémon caught in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword, or Pokémon Shield are transferred to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, they will appear in Strange Balls. Likewise, when Pokémon caught in Pokémon Legends: Arceus are transferred to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl, they will also appear in Strange Balls. When transferred to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, however, they will appear in standard Poké Balls.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokemon Home Gets Major Update: Trade Across All Switch Games!

[Image: 01-en-th.jpg]

Version 2.0.0 is out, and with it comes the update everyone's been waiting for: trading across all the recent games! Yes, indeed, Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword and Shield will be mutually compatible with Pokémon HOME, and you will be able to deposit and withdraw Pokémon to and from each of these games. For example, you will be able to take a Pikachu that you caught in Pokémon Sword into Pokémon Legends: Arceus or Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

Please note that transferring Pokémon to a game they were not originally caught in may cause certain changes to known moves, level, and what type of Poké Ball they were caught in Since Pokémon Legends: Arceus takes place in the distant past of the world of Pokémon, Poké Balls from the other games do not yet exist.*

To celebrate Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl becoming compatible with Pokémon HOME, you will be gifted special Pokémon when you link each game to Pokémon HOME.

When you deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl to the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you will receive Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

If you deposit a Pokémon from Pokémon Legends: Arceus into the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, you will receive Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott with maximum effort levels as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

*So, when Pokémon caught in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Shining Pearl, Pokémon Sword, or Pokémon Shield are transferred to Pokémon Legends: Arceus, they will appear in Strange Balls. Likewise, when Pokémon caught in Pokémon Legends: Arceus are transferred to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl, they will also appear in Strange Balls. When transferred to Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield, however, they will appear in standard Poké Balls.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I never understood why Pokemon Home always took forever for it to update to use on newer Pokemon games when your like paying for it. It was this way when I was paying for Pokemon Bank. Still, since I've been using Pokemon Bank/Home I just waited for the update before I moved over Pokemon to the games I've played before so I don't have to go catch them all since it's just easier to get them from the bank for me. So far it's been nice. I just need to see about getting the genies since Pokemon Legends Arceus is a pain in the ass to catch 'em.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I never understood why Pokemon Home always took forever for it to update to use on newer Pokemon games when your like paying for it. It was this way when I was paying for Pokemon Bank. Still, since I've been using Pokemon Bank/Home I just waited for the update before I moved over Pokemon to the games I've played before so I don't have to go catch them all since it's just easier to get them from the bank for me. So far it's been nice. I just need to see about getting the genies since Pokemon Legends Arceus is a pain in the ass to catch 'em.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I imagine it has to do with the fact that each of the new games has different properties and coding applied to them that would make it next to impossible to just easily transfer over. Especially in a game like Legends Arceus, where A LOT of things have changed mechanically and pictorially. Even Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl were essentially freshly coded games because it wasn't GameFreak doing them so they had to essentially replicate what GameFreak have already done (which was apparently already a taped-together mess and has been for years).

Game dev is very hard, it turns out. Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I imagine it has to do with the fact that each of the new games has different properties and coding applied to them that would make it next to impossible to just easily transfer over. Especially in a game like Legends Arceus, where A LOT of things have changed mechanically and pictorially. Even Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl were essentially freshly coded games because it wasn't GameFreak doing them so they had to essentially replicate what GameFreak have already done (which was apparently already a taped-together mess and has been for years).

Game dev is very hard, it turns out. Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if these games in particular took longer to get integrated with Home because if I'm not mistaken, aren't these the only games that lack a complete Pokedex of every Pokémon that exists before their creation? Although I don't see why whatever limiters are used on the older games to stop non-existent Pokémon being into them weren't able to just easily be slapped onto these games, and the other reason I can think of doesn't really make sense either which is that these are all Switch titles, while everything in Home before this update was a 3DS title. Does anyone know if Home functioned on Switch before now? Unsure

Home update aside, I saw discussion about trainer ages today in the wake of the new Scarlet/Violet trailer and saw quite a few comments claiming the XY protagonists to be the oldest at 17-18, followed by BW at like 16. I couldn't find anything that official gives the ages of any of the trainers, but I can at least believe BW's protagonists to be 16 considering their appearances, but I find it hard to believe XY's protagonists are older. Hmm
Also, does anyone here really care how old the protagonists are in these games? I feel like their age doesn't matter because it doesn't play any role in the story and won't change what tone a particular game wants to take. Pokémon is clearly happy with coming up with dark and twisted stuff and the only thing that has any bearing on its prominence is the target audience of the games or other media.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if these games in particular took longer to get integrated with Home because if I'm not mistaken, aren't these the only games that lack a complete Pokedex of every Pokémon that exists before their creation? Although I don't see why whatever limiters are used on the older games to stop non-existent Pokémon being into them weren't able to just easily be slapped onto these games, and the other reason I can think of doesn't really make sense either which is that these are all Switch titles, while everything in Home before this update was a 3DS title. Does anyone know if Home functioned on Switch before now? Unsure

Home update aside, I saw discussion about trainer ages today in the wake of the new Scarlet/Violet trailer and saw quite a few comments claiming the XY protagonists to be the oldest at 17-18, followed by BW at like 16. I couldn't find anything that official gives the ages of any of the trainers, but I can at least believe BW's protagonists to be 16 considering their appearances, but I find it hard to believe XY's protagonists are older. Hmm
Also, does anyone here really care how old the protagonists are in these games? I feel like their age doesn't matter because it doesn't play any role in the story and won't change what tone a particular game wants to take. Pokémon is clearly happy with coming up with dark and twisted stuff and the only thing that has any bearing on its prominence is the target audience of the games or other media.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Where's the citation on X and Y protags being the eldest? I've only ever read about the Black and White ones being canonically the eldest of them all, and everyone else practically children. Well, I mean 16 is still a child, but ya know what I mean.

As for Home being on Switch, it was? You just couldn't transfer between games. You could put a Pokemon in from GO or Sword and those would talk to each other but nothing else did. It was odd.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Where's the citation on X and Y protags being the eldest? I've only ever read about the Black and White ones being canonically the eldest of them all, and everyone else practically children. Well, I mean 16 is still a child, but ya know what I mean.

As for Home being on Switch, it was? You just couldn't transfer between games. You could put a Pokemon in from GO or Sword and those would talk to each other but nothing else did. It was odd.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 2nd, 2022, 07:04 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
This was why I broached the subject here. For every comment I saw making the claim on the ages of the XY protags, I never once found a source for the information. At one point a tweet got linked that contained the ages, but it's just some random person listing ages they claim were on Wikipedia, but I have not once seen an age attached to any of the characters on Wikipedia nor any other Pokemon Wiki such as Serebii or Bulbapedia. So I was curious if anyone here believes the XY protags can be the oldest or even close to the ages of the BW protags, because I felt like the claims were pure bullshit.

As for Home being on Switch, it was? You just couldn't transfer between games. You could put a Pokémon in from GO or Sword and those would talk to each other but nothing else did. It was odd.
Oh, I think I misunderstood the Home update then. I thought that none of the games pictured had any functionality with Home until now, and so I thought Home wasn't on Switch until now either because it would have had no use on there. I realize now this update is adding the ability to transfer Pokémon between games and not just be storage. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
This was why I broached the subject here. For every comment I saw making the claim on the ages of the XY protags, I never once found a source for the information. At one point a tweet got linked that contained the ages, but it's just some random person listing ages they claim were on Wikipedia, but I have not once seen an age attached to any of the characters on Wikipedia nor any other Pokemon Wiki such as Serebii or Bulbapedia. So I was curious if anyone here believes the XY protags can be the oldest or even close to the ages of the BW protags, because I felt like the claims were pure bullshit.

As for Home being on Switch, it was? You just couldn't transfer between games. You could put a Pokémon in from GO or Sword and those would talk to each other but nothing else did. It was odd.
Oh, I think I misunderstood the Home update then. I thought that none of the games pictured had any functionality with Home until now, and so I thought Home wasn't on Switch until now either because it would have had no use on there. I realize now this update is adding the ability to transfer Pokémon between games and not just be storage. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If anyone wants a trip down memory lane before jumping into Scarlet and Violet next week, The Pokémon Company have launched a limited-time website called the Pokémon Online Gallery which goes through the history of Pokémon from the beginning with models, images and sounds: https://onlinegallery.pokemon.co.jp/ja/gallery/
The only downside is English is not a choice for the languages, and it seems most if not all of the content isn't written as actual text for a browser to detect and translate, so it isn't possible to read much (if anything), but there's still probably a lot of cool nostalgia to be experienced with the visual and audio stuff. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If anyone wants a trip down memory lane before jumping into Scarlet and Violet next week, The Pokémon Company have launched a limited-time website called the Pokémon Online Gallery which goes through the history of Pokémon from the beginning with models, images and sounds: https://onlinegallery.pokemon.co.jp/ja/gallery/
The only downside is English is not a choice for the languages, and it seems most if not all of the content isn't written as actual text for a browser to detect and translate, so it isn't possible to read much (if anything), but there's still probably a lot of cool nostalgia to be experienced with the visual and audio stuff. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Looks quite neat. rolled through it all, spent more time in Gen 1, 5 and 8 sections. Didn't click on everything just a select few. Don't understand why Dragonite appears in Gold/Silver, know why Gyarados is though. I'm taking it is because of Lance as he appears in the info on that part, but...did he not have a Gen 2 Pokémon in his team to have there? Hm. No biggie though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Looks quite neat. rolled through it all, spent more time in Gen 1, 5 and 8 sections. Didn't click on everything just a select few. Don't understand why Dragonite appears in Gold/Silver, know why Gyarados is though. I'm taking it is because of Lance as he appears in the info on that part, but...did he not have a Gen 2 Pokémon in his team to have there? Hm. No biggie though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The annual Pokémon Day "Pokémon Presents" showcase is scheduled for this Monday, February 27th at 6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT

20 minutes of content, any guesses as to what that'll include? Pokémon Sleep finally?! Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The annual Pokémon Day "Pokémon Presents" showcase is scheduled for this Monday, February 27th at 6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT

20 minutes of content, any guesses as to what that'll include? Pokémon Sleep finally?! Wow
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Youtubers be speculating dlc drop. I want a new Mystery Dungeon or Pokepark. ♡
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Youtubers be speculating dlc drop. I want a new Mystery Dungeon or Pokepark. ♡
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was going to say I hope we hear about a new patch for SV since there's been nothing on that front since December, but I just found that Nintendo do have a patch planned for the end of this month for SV. I expect it'll release on the day of this presentation so that they can make a brief mention of it alongside some other SV news, which is probably either DLC or some special Raid battles. I hope they at least mention the patch just because I had no idea one was pending and it seems it was only announced on the SV support page. It could backfire a little bit if they announce new content and a lot of viewers are under the impression a patch isn't also coming; I know if I hadn't learned of this new patch beforehand I'd find the announcement of paid content a little insulting.

For other things, I expect to see Pokémon MasterSEX and Pokémon Unite get some new stuff. Home is either getting an update for SV compatibility on the day of the presentation or we'll get a date for when it'll come; right now we only know it's penciled in for Spring 2023. If a new game of any type gets announced I suspect it'll be released somewhere in the Fall since Nintendo doesn't seem to be putting together anything for 2024 for the Switch.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was going to say I hope we hear about a new patch for SV since there's been nothing on that front since December, but I just found that Nintendo do have a patch planned for the end of this month for SV. I expect it'll release on the day of this presentation so that they can make a brief mention of it alongside some other SV news, which is probably either DLC or some special Raid battles. I hope they at least mention the patch just because I had no idea one was pending and it seems it was only announced on the SV support page. It could backfire a little bit if they announce new content and a lot of viewers are under the impression a patch isn't also coming; I know if I hadn't learned of this new patch beforehand I'd find the announcement of paid content a little insulting.

For other things, I expect to see Pokémon MasterSEX and Pokémon Unite get some new stuff. Home is either getting an update for SV compatibility on the day of the presentation or we'll get a date for when it'll come; right now we only know it's penciled in for Spring 2023. If a new game of any type gets announced I suspect it'll be released somewhere in the Fall since Nintendo doesn't seem to be putting together anything for 2024 for the Switch.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Feb 22nd, 2023, 06:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Pokémon MasterSEX

Dear boy, I believe that typo needs fixing.

I have zero anticipation for anything Pokémon related but might tune in or just wait to see what the news is afterwards. Updates, expansion maybe though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Pokémon MasterSEX

I have zero anticipation for anything Pokémon related but might tune in or just wait to see what the news is afterwards. Updates, expansion maybe though.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Feb 22nd, 2023, 10:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Pokémon MasterSEX

KEKW

I'm going to laugh if they announce the next generation of mainline Pokemon before they even fix the absolute shit show that is Scarlet and Violet.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Feb 22nd, 2023, 10:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Pokémon MasterSEX

KEKW

I'm going to laugh if they announce the next generation of mainline Pokemon before they even fix the absolute shit show that is Scarlet and Violet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,924 2 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
  Halo (Series) WR91 13 3,304 Feb 5th, 2024, 08:46 PM