Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Figured we should have one of these so we can discuss everything other than Sword and Shield, whether it be existing games or any of the announcements from the recent Pokémon press conference. Smile

I didn't watch said conference myself, and most of it I didn't care for like Pokémon Sleep and stuff, but I am intrigued by the new Detective Pikachu game, and Pokémon Masters looks interesting but being a mobile game I worry how much of it is going to be walled off with microtransactions.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Figured we should have one of these so we can discuss everything other than Sword and Shield, whether it be existing games or any of the announcements from the recent Pokémon press conference. Smile

I didn't watch said conference myself, and most of it I didn't care for like Pokémon Sleep and stuff, but I am intrigued by the new Detective Pikachu game, and Pokémon Masters looks interesting but being a mobile game I worry how much of it is going to be walled off with microtransactions.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm only interested in Detective Pikachu Switch release myself. The Pokemon Sleep thing is way too big brother for my tastes, & the Pokemon Masters mobile game I'm just not interested in tbh.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'm only interested in Detective Pikachu Switch release myself. The Pokemon Sleep thing is way too big brother for my tastes, & the Pokemon Masters mobile game I'm just not interested in tbh.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I'm a bit curious as to how Pokemon Sleep will work, but yea it does come off a bit big brother now that I think about it. xD
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I'm a bit curious as to how Pokemon Sleep will work, but yea it does come off a bit big brother now that I think about it. xD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Johto Starters Reboot
I came across this yesterday, and I found it really cool to see and wanted to share it with all of you here! Grin

I like that they didn't just redesign the looks, but also gave their final evolutions new types that match their appearance/theme. I'd been trying to decide which evolution line is my favourite, and I think Chikorita's is the best one. Rebooted Chikorita and Quilava are tied as my favourite individual Pokemon from the whole piece. What about you guys? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Johto Starters Reboot
I came across this yesterday, and I found it really cool to see and wanted to share it with all of you here! Grin

I like that they didn't just redesign the looks, but also gave their final evolutions new types that match their appearance/theme. I'd been trying to decide which evolution line is my favourite, and I think Chikorita's is the best one. Rebooted Chikorita and Quilava are tied as my favourite individual Pokemon from the whole piece. What about you guys? Smile
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree about the rebooted ones you choose Moomface. I think the reason I don't like Feraligatr is because it looks too wild, to rough around the edges as it were & with pokemon were used to them being cute or fierce looking impo.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree about the rebooted ones you choose Moomface. I think the reason I don't like Feraligatr is because it looks too wild, to rough around the edges as it were & with pokemon were used to them being cute or fierce looking impo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Feraligatr could be better in its appearance for being fierce for sure. The recent Charizard forms are a good way of making something look fierce without needing to make everything a sharp and straight edge.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Feraligatr could be better in its appearance for being fierce for sure. The recent Charizard forms are a good way of making something look fierce without needing to make everything a sharp and straight edge.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
One thing I think I'm going to miss this generation is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. It was always fun to play through all of them; but so far I've yet to see an announcement for a new title. I'd like it if there was one for the Switch; maybe enhance it for the portable version some how; & I'm sure it'd sell like hotcakes.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
One thing I think I'm going to miss this generation is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. It was always fun to play through all of them; but so far I've yet to see an announcement for a new title. I'd like it if there was one for the Switch; maybe enhance it for the portable version some how; & I'm sure it'd sell like hotcakes.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jun 18th, 2019, 11:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Johto Starters Reboot

This does look cool. All appear fitting for the new typing they were given. I like Chikorita's evolution line best here too, then Cydaquill's then Totodile's. I just prefer classic Totodile over this one. Like the new style of plantation on Meganium. At first thought Cyndaquil's line changed too much, but after looking at it more, is perfectly fine. Feraligatr would've been too much if it was Water only or with anything else, but looks OK knowing that was for a Fighting typing.

Also this picture currently underneath the Reboot post is fitting for this month:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment...halloween/
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jun 18th, 2019, 11:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Johto Starters Reboot

This does look cool. All appear fitting for the new typing they were given. I like Chikorita's evolution line best here too, then Cydaquill's then Totodile's. I just prefer classic Totodile over this one. Like the new style of plantation on Meganium. At first thought Cyndaquil's line changed too much, but after looking at it more, is perfectly fine. Feraligatr would've been too much if it was Water only or with anything else, but looks OK knowing that was for a Fighting typing.

Also this picture currently underneath the Reboot post is fitting for this month:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment...halloween/
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Oct 23rd, 2019, 08:02 AM)Witchy Queen Wrote:
I don't see why Spike Chunsoft wouldn't want to continue it. 2015 was the last release, and 1.22 million copies sold worldwide isn't a bad number to have. They have been focusing more on Shonen Jump licenses, I've noticed, but I can't see why they wouldn't want to invest again in Mystery Dungeon if it was doing them so well Hmm

Also yeah, those Johto lines are ?. I know the entire fandom will riot if they decided to "remake" the old designs into newer ones, but I suppose they kind of already do with these regional "forms", right? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Oct 23rd, 2019, 08:02 AM)Witchy Queen Wrote:
I don't see why Spike Chunsoft wouldn't want to continue it. 2015 was the last release, and 1.22 million copies sold worldwide isn't a bad number to have. They have been focusing more on Shonen Jump licenses, I've noticed, but I can't see why they wouldn't want to invest again in Mystery Dungeon if it was doing them so well Hmm

Also yeah, those Johto lines are ?. I know the entire fandom will riot if they decided to "remake" the old designs into newer ones, but I suppose they kind of already do with these regional "forms", right? Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
If by 'regional forms' they change somehow from the original form. Like with how ponyta looks from Johto to the Galar region, or some of them getting ice forms in the Alola region. Don't make me talk about how weird meowth & Eggecutor looked for that region, not many fans were happy about it either; cause it seemed to a lot of us to be very lazy on GF end to change how they look, types & some attacks they have.

Impo; it'd be like my copying & pasting Star Wars verbatim but using slightly different character names like Man Soldo, Puke Landwalker, & so on while changing how they look slightly, along with the way they battle in the movie/books. The rabid Star Wars fans would chew me up & spit me out. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
If by 'regional forms' they change somehow from the original form. Like with how ponyta looks from Johto to the Galar region, or some of them getting ice forms in the Alola region. Don't make me talk about how weird meowth & Eggecutor looked for that region, not many fans were happy about it either; cause it seemed to a lot of us to be very lazy on GF end to change how they look, types & some attacks they have.

Impo; it'd be like my copying & pasting Star Wars verbatim but using slightly different character names like Man Soldo, Puke Landwalker, & so on while changing how they look slightly, along with the way they battle in the movie/books. The rabid Star Wars fans would chew me up & spit me out. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone have any hopes or predictions for tomorrow's Pokémon Direct?

I'm not expecting anything big will get a lot of coverage unless it's not anything related to the main line games.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone have any hopes or predictions for tomorrow's Pokémon Direct?

I'm not expecting anything big will get a lot of coverage unless it's not anything related to the main line games.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I predict that Pokemon HOME will be announced. Along with some info on how to navigate & move your mon from places to it. Along with updates on Pokemon Sleep & future breathing apparatus. :p
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I predict that Pokemon HOME will be announced. Along with some info on how to navigate & move your mon from places to it. Along with updates on Pokemon Sleep & future breathing apparatus. :p
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
2:30PM today, eh? Hope I remember. Haven't played Shield for a while now. I'll go back when I feel like it unless something interesting enough is announced. Dynamaxed Pokémon isn't cutting it for me and I expect some new ones will be in this Direct, but there will surely be more than that for focusing on Pokémon only. Better not be Ultra/update versions already though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
2:30PM today, eh? Hope I remember. Haven't played Shield for a while now. I'll go back when I feel like it unless something interesting enough is announced. Dynamaxed Pokémon isn't cutting it for me and I expect some new ones will be in this Direct, but there will surely be more than that for focusing on Pokémon only. Better not be Ultra/update versions already though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX Announced
A remake for 2006's Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team was announced during today's Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct.

A demo is available now via the eShop, with the full game release coming on March 6.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX Announced
A remake for 2006's Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team was announced during today's Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct.

A demo is available now via the eShop, with the full game release coming on March 6.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her

Expansion packs for Shield/Sword: Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra were also announced. $30 for both.
With the expansion packs you get access to the new story; islands & 200 more Pokemon.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her

Expansion packs for Shield/Sword: Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra were also announced. $30 for both.
With the expansion packs you get access to the new story; islands & 200 more Pokemon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,924 2 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
  Halo (Series) WR91 13 3,304 Feb 5th, 2024, 08:46 PM