Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
At this moment, 75 years ago, the first doors of the landing ships opened, sparking the beginning of Operation Neptune. This was the opening of what would become the largest amphibious invasion in world history -- the largest invasion period is Operation Barbarossa, the invasion into the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941. The culmination of years of planning, and a fitting re-entry to Europe after being forced off it 4 years before, Operation Overlord has forever entered the World's Parlance as "D-Day".

We often call the generation that fought in World War II "The Greatest Generation", and being brave enough to face the Hell on Earth that was Normandy shows why. 160 thousand men from the US, the UK, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Czechoslovakia, Norway, and Poland braved this horror to try and gain a foothold, with 4,414 men confirmed dead to show for it on the Allied side. Axis casualties are unknown, but estimated between 4 and 9 thousand. Would you have what it takes? If you were conscripted right now, given 6 months training and a rifle, and told to storm the beaches, fortified with pillboxes, mines, and machine guns, would you be able to do it? Because I can say with no hesitation that I wouldn't.

Soon, the events of this war will fade from living memory, as the last veterans of the war reach their venerable years. Soon, there will be no one left to tell us the horrors of this war. Hopefully, they will be remembered as heroes, no matter what side they fought on (except for the SS, the NKVD, and the War Criminals of the Japanese. Screw those guys). I can only hope that I can live in a world that will never have to see this kind of war again. One not just against nation, but humanity itself.

360,000 babies will be born on this day around the world. They'll be 25 when the centennial of this day comes. Hopefully, there will be something worth standing for left in this world when that day comes. Until then, to those that fight, whether now or in the past, I can only salute you for being brave enough where I can not be. Thank you for your service, and we shall remember.

Lest We Forget.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
At this moment, 75 years ago, the first doors of the landing ships opened, sparking the beginning of Operation Neptune. This was the opening of what would become the largest amphibious invasion in world history -- the largest invasion period is Operation Barbarossa, the invasion into the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941. The culmination of years of planning, and a fitting re-entry to Europe after being forced off it 4 years before, Operation Overlord has forever entered the World's Parlance as "D-Day".

We often call the generation that fought in World War II "The Greatest Generation", and being brave enough to face the Hell on Earth that was Normandy shows why. 160 thousand men from the US, the UK, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Czechoslovakia, Norway, and Poland braved this horror to try and gain a foothold, with 4,414 men confirmed dead to show for it on the Allied side. Axis casualties are unknown, but estimated between 4 and 9 thousand. Would you have what it takes? If you were conscripted right now, given 6 months training and a rifle, and told to storm the beaches, fortified with pillboxes, mines, and machine guns, would you be able to do it? Because I can say with no hesitation that I wouldn't.

Soon, the events of this war will fade from living memory, as the last veterans of the war reach their venerable years. Soon, there will be no one left to tell us the horrors of this war. Hopefully, they will be remembered as heroes, no matter what side they fought on (except for the SS, the NKVD, and the War Criminals of the Japanese. Screw those guys). I can only hope that I can live in a world that will never have to see this kind of war again. One not just against nation, but humanity itself.

360,000 babies will be born on this day around the world. They'll be 25 when the centennial of this day comes. Hopefully, there will be something worth standing for left in this world when that day comes. Until then, to those that fight, whether now or in the past, I can only salute you for being brave enough where I can not be. Thank you for your service, and we shall remember.

Lest We Forget.

Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I honestly said last night that this was really well written and honestly it really isn't something you think about for the longest time I honestly thought about most of history as a time lonnnngggg agooo like it doesn't truly effect me to this day, but when you look back the two great wars and many things in history that we look back on really aren't that long ago. Which is why I think the nazi pug thing was honestly a weird realization for me because I didn't really understand why this man was so disgusted by this...then you think about it....that wasn't that long ago this man could actually have had family in the holocaust that died...I don't even know if he knew them himself...but when I hear someone making jokes obviously it going to be someone from a younger generation who kinda put this into their mind that it was a long ago thing that doesn't really effect us today.

I honestly hope we will never have a terrible war like that again, but I honestly am pretty optimistic about it, but if we do then I honestly think unlike the other great wars...this would be a war equivalent to the extinction event of "The Great Dying" countries would honestly be completely destroyed, a horrifying amount of people would be dead, and if anyone is still alive after this...their whole world would of came crashing down and never would be the same...I guess the truth of the matter is the person that would actually start a war of this magnitude again is the most retarded and vilest person in history.

One final thing I would like to do if you don't know much about the great wars like me, but are interested in the history I would like to introduce two Youtube channels that literally go through the Wars week by week. They started the WW2 one recently, but the WW1 has in fact finished and is ready for your viewing pleasure horror. (I had to fix this frankly their nothing pleasant about war )

WW1: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
WW2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP1AejC...YkZAELRhHQ
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I honestly said last night that this was really well written and honestly it really isn't something you think about for the longest time I honestly thought about most of history as a time lonnnngggg agooo like it doesn't truly effect me to this day, but when you look back the two great wars and many things in history that we look back on really aren't that long ago. Which is why I think the nazi pug thing was honestly a weird realization for me because I didn't really understand why this man was so disgusted by this...then you think about it....that wasn't that long ago this man could actually have had family in the holocaust that died...I don't even know if he knew them himself...but when I hear someone making jokes obviously it going to be someone from a younger generation who kinda put this into their mind that it was a long ago thing that doesn't really effect us today.

I honestly hope we will never have a terrible war like that again, but I honestly am pretty optimistic about it, but if we do then I honestly think unlike the other great wars...this would be a war equivalent to the extinction event of "The Great Dying" countries would honestly be completely destroyed, a horrifying amount of people would be dead, and if anyone is still alive after this...their whole world would of came crashing down and never would be the same...I guess the truth of the matter is the person that would actually start a war of this magnitude again is the most retarded and vilest person in history.

One final thing I would like to do if you don't know much about the great wars like me, but are interested in the history I would like to introduce two Youtube channels that literally go through the Wars week by week. They started the WW2 one recently, but the WW1 has in fact finished and is ready for your viewing pleasure horror. (I had to fix this frankly their nothing pleasant about war )

WW1: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
WW2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP1AejC...YkZAELRhHQ
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I've watched most of the Great War, and I can say that it is a great, but depressing watch. World War 1 was our first taste of the horrors of Modern War. The people that fought that war weren't ready for it, even though they had fair warning (the Russo-Japanese War had been fought just 10 years prior, and every major power had observers there). But instead of commendable for the bravery of those that fought, WW1 is just depressing as millions died, but for what reason?

What makes World War 2 so damnable is that we know now that the war was lost to the Axis before it began; the fact of the matter is, the Axis did not have the resources or connections to be able to fight an extended campaign. This is perfectly visible in their desperate plans for Barbarossa and Pearl Harbor. Barbarossa, where the Germans planned to crush the Red Army in 2 months...somehow. In Russia. Meanwhile, the Japanese attacked as many territories as they could alongside Pearl Harbor, hoping to give the US enough of a blow for them to decide to back off, rather than "awaken a sleeping giant". If it weren't for the fact that the Soviets were on our side, at least we could say that this war was fought for the good of mankind, but the Soviets have nearly as much blood on their hands as the Nazis, so what was the reason to fight this war? I hope to find an answer in the coming years as the World War 2 channel continues.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I've watched most of the Great War, and I can say that it is a great, but depressing watch. World War 1 was our first taste of the horrors of Modern War. The people that fought that war weren't ready for it, even though they had fair warning (the Russo-Japanese War had been fought just 10 years prior, and every major power had observers there). But instead of commendable for the bravery of those that fought, WW1 is just depressing as millions died, but for what reason?

What makes World War 2 so damnable is that we know now that the war was lost to the Axis before it began; the fact of the matter is, the Axis did not have the resources or connections to be able to fight an extended campaign. This is perfectly visible in their desperate plans for Barbarossa and Pearl Harbor. Barbarossa, where the Germans planned to crush the Red Army in 2 months...somehow. In Russia. Meanwhile, the Japanese attacked as many territories as they could alongside Pearl Harbor, hoping to give the US enough of a blow for them to decide to back off, rather than "awaken a sleeping giant". If it weren't for the fact that the Soviets were on our side, at least we could say that this war was fought for the good of mankind, but the Soviets have nearly as much blood on their hands as the Nazis, so what was the reason to fight this war? I hope to find an answer in the coming years as the World War 2 channel continues.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Was Your Day/Week? Moonface 463 76,227 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Prime Day! 2023 Edition Dragon Lord 38 2,818 Oct 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Armistice Day - 100 years ago... Maniakkid25 6 5,962 Nov 13th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface