Xbox Series X/S | Price Increases for Series X and Game Pass
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

During today's Xbox E3 2019 Briefing, Microsoft revealed details of their next generation console, currently codenamed Project Scarlett. With a custom-designed AMD processor, high bandwidth GDDR6 memory, and a next generation solid state drive (SSD), Project Scarlett will give developers the power they need to bring their creative visions to life. Thousands of games across four console generations will look and play best on Project Scarlett.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

During today's Xbox E3 2019 Briefing, Microsoft revealed details of their next generation console, currently codenamed Project Scarlett. With a custom-designed AMD processor, high bandwidth GDDR6 memory, and a next generation solid state drive (SSD), Project Scarlett will give developers the power they need to bring their creative visions to life. Thousands of games across four console generations will look and play best on Project Scarlett.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Personally I love the code name for this Project Scarlett is a nice name...sadly Xbox is probably gonna be in the final name a dissappointment really.

From the video for the announcement their seem to be a big push for the enemy of all things good in the world...THE CLOUD.

So I was telling Cricket this if they really want this console to be able to compete with the PS5 is if they continue backward compatibility if the Xbox continues to support one and 360 games then it would be a good idea for someone to just pick up one at launch since they had two library of games. Now in my honest opinion they need to support both if they really want to potentially win over people from Sony as the PS4 library has far more exclusives.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Personally I love the code name for this Project Scarlett is a nice name...sadly Xbox is probably gonna be in the final name a dissappointment really.

From the video for the announcement their seem to be a big push for the enemy of all things good in the world...THE CLOUD.

So I was telling Cricket this if they really want this console to be able to compete with the PS5 is if they continue backward compatibility if the Xbox continues to support one and 360 games then it would be a good idea for someone to just pick up one at launch since they had two library of games. Now in my honest opinion they need to support both if they really want to potentially win over people from Sony as the PS4 library has far more exclusives.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Next gen console, still no exclusives. :^)

But seriously, Microsoft just needs to give up the console game. They had a slight edge at the start of the PS3/360 cycle, but got their butts handed to them in the end and haven't even stood a chance this gen. Nothing is going to change next gen.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Next gen console, still no exclusives. :^)

But seriously, Microsoft just needs to give up the console game. They had a slight edge at the start of the PS3/360 cycle, but got their butts handed to them in the end and haven't even stood a chance this gen. Nothing is going to change next gen.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I feel like Xbox had that problem for a long time I think only their big exclusive has always been just Halo, but Halo is only catering to a certain market. Though in the end I kinda understand why they generally don't play the exclusive market mainly because of PC. Considering that Microsoft also is the PC market with lots of middle men it generally seem to be in their best interest to not just stick an exclusive on their console.

I think that true for many western companies in general they don't want to keep their games on one console and just want to maximize profit. Now some companies get contracts for certain series to make games exclusive and I am sure they are getting some sorta value to allow their games to be exclusive. Exclusivity is basically the only reason Nintendo is still alive without the beloved series Nintendo would have been long dead as gimmick won't be enough to sell a console.

Though I would never wish Xbox to be stopped being made I think their value in Sony and Microsoft even if they are being more friendly with their dealing with eachother they are still competitors and will still have to push each other to make their hardware more desirable.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I feel like Xbox had that problem for a long time I think only their big exclusive has always been just Halo, but Halo is only catering to a certain market. Though in the end I kinda understand why they generally don't play the exclusive market mainly because of PC. Considering that Microsoft also is the PC market with lots of middle men it generally seem to be in their best interest to not just stick an exclusive on their console.

I think that true for many western companies in general they don't want to keep their games on one console and just want to maximize profit. Now some companies get contracts for certain series to make games exclusive and I am sure they are getting some sorta value to allow their games to be exclusive. Exclusivity is basically the only reason Nintendo is still alive without the beloved series Nintendo would have been long dead as gimmick won't be enough to sell a console.

Though I would never wish Xbox to be stopped being made I think their value in Sony and Microsoft even if they are being more friendly with their dealing with eachother they are still competitors and will still have to push each other to make their hardware more desirable.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Microsoft won't leave the console game so long as Xbox continues to do well, which it is still doing despite its library becoming increasingly more available on PC.

I'm interested to see whether Sony or Microsoft will have the most powerful hardware for the next generation. Right now I'm putting my money on Microsoft having the better hardware, and considering their recent acquisitions of studios I could see them coming out with a very strong line-up of games that won't be on a PS5. They might be on PC, but there is still going to be plenty of people who will buy a Scarlett.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Microsoft won't leave the console game so long as Xbox continues to do well, which it is still doing despite its library becoming increasingly more available on PC.

I'm interested to see whether Sony or Microsoft will have the most powerful hardware for the next generation. Right now I'm putting my money on Microsoft having the better hardware, and considering their recent acquisitions of studios I could see them coming out with a very strong line-up of games that won't be on a PS5. They might be on PC, but there is still going to be plenty of people who will buy a Scarlett.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I thought it was funny how no specks were talked about when 'Scarlett' was revealed. From what I've heard; Halo Infinate was shown being played via a PC, since current Xbox consoles couldn't play it.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I thought it was funny how no specks were talked about when 'Scarlett' was revealed. From what I've heard; Halo Infinate was shown being played via a PC, since current Xbox consoles couldn't play it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Specific specs wouldn't have been talked about yet when the console isn't due for another year and a half. The specs probably aren't even locked down yet and the team is still trying to see just how much they can get without blowing the RSP out of the water.

Considering Halo Infinite was in-engine, and that engine is presumably being developed for Scarlett, I'd be disappointed if a current Xbox could run the engine at the level it would be for Scarlett.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Specific specs wouldn't have been talked about yet when the console isn't due for another year and a half. The specs probably aren't even locked down yet and the team is still trying to see just how much they can get without blowing the RSP out of the water.

Considering Halo Infinite was in-engine, and that engine is presumably being developed for Scarlett, I'd be disappointed if a current Xbox could run the engine at the level it would be for Scarlett.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Xbox lost me and a lot of people now that all their games will release simultaneously with PC. Exclusives are the reason to buy one platform over another.
[Image: 2_24_05_19_10_25_51.png]
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Xbox lost me and a lot of people now that all their games will release simultaneously with PC. Exclusives are the reason to buy one platform over another.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 12th, 2019, 06:51 AM)Metallix Wrote:
It's why Nintendo & Sony are going to win out over Xbox & Google Stadia in the end.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 12th, 2019, 06:51 AM)Metallix Wrote:
It's why Nintendo & Sony are going to win out over Xbox & Google Stadia in the end.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I wouldn't say Microsoft is doing particularly well when the Xbox One is over 50 million units behind the PS4, and is nearing getting passed by the Switch when it has had 3 more years on the market than the Switch.

Once games like Sword&Shield drop, you can expect that the Switch will pass the Xbox One in a flash. But when you compare the PS4 (94+ million) to the Xbox One (42~ million), and then look at the PS3 (87~ million) to the Xbox 360 (85~ million), you see a huge downward trend.

Plus as mentioned before, now that Microsoft is making all of their games available to be played on PC, that's just going to decrease the sales of their systems even more. No point in wasting money on a Junkbox when you can just get a decent PC and have access to all of the Xbox Games plus a hell of a lot more.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I wouldn't say Microsoft is doing particularly well when the Xbox One is over 50 million units behind the PS4, and is nearing getting passed by the Switch when it has had 3 more years on the market than the Switch.

Once games like Sword&Shield drop, you can expect that the Switch will pass the Xbox One in a flash. But when you compare the PS4 (94+ million) to the Xbox One (42~ million), and then look at the PS3 (87~ million) to the Xbox 360 (85~ million), you see a huge downward trend.

Plus as mentioned before, now that Microsoft is making all of their games available to be played on PC, that's just going to decrease the sales of their systems even more. No point in wasting money on a Junkbox when you can just get a decent PC and have access to all of the Xbox Games plus a hell of a lot more.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xbox One's sales also weren't helped by the initial announcement it had. PS4 had the win in the bag the second that E3 was over where both consoles were revealed. I am interested to see how Microsoft plan to win people back to Xbox now that many people have flocked to Switch and PS4 and PC. Sure, their software will still do fine because of the PC crowd, but if they can't pick the hardware side of things back up to what they had before with Scarlett then I doubt they'll ever get it back.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xbox One's sales also weren't helped by the initial announcement it had. PS4 had the win in the bag the second that E3 was over where both consoles were revealed. I am interested to see how Microsoft plan to win people back to Xbox now that many people have flocked to Switch and PS4 and PC. Sure, their software will still do fine because of the PC crowd, but if they can't pick the hardware side of things back up to what they had before with Scarlett then I doubt they'll ever get it back.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
This was announced during the game awards.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
This was announced during the game awards.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not a big fan of the name. Also, I hope this can be laid horizontally otherwise it's going to be a nightmare for a lot of entertainment units. Other than that, not much else to really comment on about the system except that it looks alright. Reminds me of a PC tower.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not a big fan of the name. Also, I hope this can be laid horizontally otherwise it's going to be a nightmare for a lot of entertainment units. Other than that, not much else to really comment on about the system except that it looks alright. Reminds me of a PC tower.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not a fan of the system's name either. What is this 2009? lmao
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not a fan of the system's name either. What is this 2009? lmao
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
What a name. People rag on PlayStation for "not being creative" with just going with PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5. Well, I'd much rather have a straight to the point approach at naming the system rather than them trying to look cool and coming out with a ridiculous name like this.

And Moon, I'm willing to bet that's their goal. They want to make the system look like a PC Tower so people will be like, "Woah! It's like having a gaming PC without the work of putting it together!"

Which unfortunately there are enough ignorant gamers out there to fall for it, not knowing that you can put together a more powerful PC than this system will be, at a much cheaper price tag than this system will be. At the very least there will still be a lot of American gamers stupid enough to keep Microsoft afloat in the gaming scene, just like with the Xbox One.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
What a name. People rag on PlayStation for "not being creative" with just going with PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5. Well, I'd much rather have a straight to the point approach at naming the system rather than them trying to look cool and coming out with a ridiculous name like this.

And Moon, I'm willing to bet that's their goal. They want to make the system look like a PC Tower so people will be like, "Woah! It's like having a gaming PC without the work of putting it together!"

Which unfortunately there are enough ignorant gamers out there to fall for it, not knowing that you can put together a more powerful PC than this system will be, at a much cheaper price tag than this system will be. At the very least there will still be a lot of American gamers stupid enough to keep Microsoft afloat in the gaming scene, just like with the Xbox One.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox to Bring Games to Other Systems Moonface 9 283 Feb 23rd, 2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  How To Hide Online Status From Xbox? JanickMorar 2 1,555 Sep 15th, 2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: JanickMorar
  Do You Think PS5/Series X Will Come Out This Year? Moonface 5 3,926 Apr 25th, 2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord