Star Wars Jedi (Series)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | Final Gameplay Trailer
I guess there was some big Star Wars event going on the past day or two since I've been seeing a lot of announcements related to it, and today a final gameplay trailer was released for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

Somehow every time I've watched any footage of this game I just blank that human enemies can be dismembered now. I didn't even notice it in this trailer and only became aware of it being a thing due to a comment on it I saw. Pretty nice that they managed to get that in without it drastically affecting the ESRB rating for the game, since I think that was a reason FO didn't include it. Guess either the ESRB is a bit more relaxed on that nowadays or the devs just didn't know how to do it while avoiding an 18+ rating at the time. Shrug
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | Final Gameplay Trailer
I guess there was some big Star Wars event going on the past day or two since I've been seeing a lot of announcements related to it, and today a final gameplay trailer was released for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

Somehow every time I've watched any footage of this game I just blank that human enemies can be dismembered now. I didn't even notice it in this trailer and only became aware of it being a thing due to a comment on it I saw. Pretty nice that they managed to get that in without it drastically affecting the ESRB rating for the game, since I think that was a reason FO didn't include it. Guess either the ESRB is a bit more relaxed on that nowadays or the devs just didn't know how to do it while avoiding an 18+ rating at the time. Shrug
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I've been avoiding that trailer. the game is just around the corner so I'll patiently wait for it.

there's a mod to add dismemberment in FO I think
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I've been avoiding that trailer. the game is just around the corner so I'll patiently wait for it.

there's a mod to add dismemberment in FO I think
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oof. I already had to delete stuff from my PS5 just to fit RE4R on it, and that game wasn't close to this size. Just this alone makes me want to wait a while just in case they actually bring that file size down, because I can't see how the game can need it to be that big. Especially when SSD consoles were supposed to be bringing game sizes down because assets wouldn't need to be repeated across the game files to keep loading times down.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oof. I already had to delete stuff from my PS5 just to fit RE4R on it, and that game wasn't close to this size. Just this alone makes me want to wait a while just in case they actually bring that file size down, because I can't see how the game can need it to be that big. Especially when SSD consoles were supposed to be bringing game sizes down because assets wouldn't need to be repeated across the game files to keep loading times down.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
what the hell?! that's beyond extreme. Please be much smaller on PC. Omg please be smaller. I can't fathom how much game is in that size
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
what the hell?! that's beyond extreme. Please be much smaller on PC. Omg please be smaller. I can't fathom how much game is in that size
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 20th, 2023, 08:26 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Unfortunately PC has the largest file size, coming in at 155GB. Xbox Series X tallies in at 140GB, while Series S is something like 44GB.

Clearly it's a texture thing but it seems silly to have to download such huge files if you won't or can't run it at the highest quality. Not that it excuses this if you can run it.

It'll be interesting to see a comparison made between the X and S versions to determine the differences in quality that cause an extra 100GB to get slapped on, and I expect the PC version will get broken down to find out what specific parts are actually taking up the most space and how necessary they are to every player.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 20th, 2023, 08:26 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Unfortunately PC has the largest file size, coming in at 155GB. Xbox Series X tallies in at 140GB, while Series S is something like 44GB.

Clearly it's a texture thing but it seems silly to have to download such huge files if you won't or can't run it at the highest quality. Not that it excuses this if you can run it.

It'll be interesting to see a comparison made between the X and S versions to determine the differences in quality that cause an extra 100GB to get slapped on, and I expect the PC version will get broken down to find out what specific parts are actually taking up the most space and how necessary they are to every player.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
155?!

guess who is going sorting cleaning on his pc? lmao. fuck. I have a 2 tb ssd and it's almost maxed out. guess I'll start deleting roms for games I'll never play. 

still hyped though. like extremely hyped. I loved fallen order and with my star wars fanatic wife, we'll both enjoy it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
155?!

guess who is going sorting cleaning on his pc? lmao. fuck. I have a 2 tb ssd and it's almost maxed out. guess I'll start deleting roms for games I'll never play. 

still hyped though. like extremely hyped. I loved fallen order and with my star wars fanatic wife, we'll both enjoy it
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whenever I plan to play this I'm either going to need to delete a lot of games from my PS5 or finally go find an SSD for it to plug in. I'll probably try to avoid going the extra SSD route though if this is the only game that makes me need to get one.

What sucks is if Respawn actually find a way to lower the file size, it probably won't matter for physical copies on PS5 and XSX if that data is all on the disc. I also wonder if the file size will affect sales or not since I doubt everyone who has a digital only console has an internet speed suited to downloading such a huge file in a decent timeframe.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whenever I plan to play this I'm either going to need to delete a lot of games from my PS5 or finally go find an SSD for it to plug in. I'll probably try to avoid going the extra SSD route though if this is the only game that makes me need to get one.

What sucks is if Respawn actually find a way to lower the file size, it probably won't matter for physical copies on PS5 and XSX if that data is all on the disc. I also wonder if the file size will affect sales or not since I doubt everyone who has a digital only console has an internet speed suited to downloading such a huge file in a decent timeframe.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
That's true. I hadn't thought about the size affecting sales. My concern is what will happen if it doesn't actually shrink in size at all. I'm fully prepared for dlc or some other kind of way for EA to bleed more money out of us. I really don't want a 200 gig game at all.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
That's true. I hadn't thought about the size affecting sales. My concern is what will happen if it doesn't actually shrink in size at all. I'm fully prepared for dlc or some other kind of way for EA to bleed more money out of us. I really don't want a 200 gig game at all.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd be surprised to see DLC for this game since Fallen Order never got any, but given that EA's exclusivity contract for Star Wars games expires this year I wouldn't put it past them to want to try and squeeze as much money out of the IP before other companies get their Star Wars games out on the market and make it harder for EA to compete in the space.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd be surprised to see DLC for this game since Fallen Order never got any, but given that EA's exclusivity contract for Star Wars games expires this year I wouldn't put it past them to want to try and squeeze as much money out of the IP before other companies get their Star Wars games out on the market and make it harder for EA to compete in the space.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Well, this was an experiment too. They were so pro monetization and micro transactions before Battlefront 2 got destroyed by fans. I don't doubt it's why they didn't do anything with Fallen Order. But like you said, they literally have nothing to lose now. Can't wait for cosmetic dlc or a dlc planet to explore.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Well, this was an experiment too. They were so pro monetization and micro transactions before Battlefront 2 got destroyed by fans. I don't doubt it's why they didn't do anything with Fallen Order. But like you said, they literally have nothing to lose now. Can't wait for cosmetic dlc or a dlc planet to explore.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So reviews came out for this today, and overall it seems to be a pretty good game albeit still plagued by some of the issues that befell FO. However, the biggest takeaway is the performance issues. On PS5 there are frame drops, and on PC there is VRAM overflow as soon as you step into the open world area, as well as stuttering during traversal and combat. Apparently a Day 1 patch is planned but whether it fixes this issue remains to be seen.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So reviews came out for this today, and overall it seems to be a pretty good game albeit still plagued by some of the issues that befell FO. However, the biggest takeaway is the performance issues. On PS5 there are frame drops, and on PC there is VRAM overflow as soon as you step into the open world area, as well as stuttering during traversal and combat. Apparently a Day 1 patch is planned but whether it fixes this issue remains to be seen.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah I heard the same thing and it's destroying my day one buy move. I'll probably wait for a couple patches to come out because there's always something that consumers find after the game releases. I remember Elden Ring having stuttering issues on PC as well.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah I heard the same thing and it's destroying my day one buy move. I'll probably wait for a couple patches to come out because there's always something that consumers find after the game releases. I remember Elden Ring having stuttering issues on PC as well.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 27th, 2023, 01:08 AM)Monocle Wrote:
With how much reviewers seem to be finding I'll be surprised if there's anything left for consumers to find, at least performance wise. I haven't seen any reviews yet bringing up actual bugs but I suspect there's going to be some glaring ones given how bad the performance issues are, which would in theory be far more obvious to the developers to see and fix compared to bugs that are going to be more situational. Just saw this tweet from Skill Up that really highlights how rough the PC port is:

I really don't get why there seems to be an uptick in really shoddy PC ports of games recently. Not to say they've had a period of always being good, but between this and The Last of Us Part 1 there's been some really notable problems with PC ports this year that I don't feel are usually this bad.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 27th, 2023, 01:08 AM)Monocle Wrote:
With how much reviewers seem to be finding I'll be surprised if there's anything left for consumers to find, at least performance wise. I haven't seen any reviews yet bringing up actual bugs but I suspect there's going to be some glaring ones given how bad the performance issues are, which would in theory be far more obvious to the developers to see and fix compared to bugs that are going to be more situational. Just saw this tweet from Skill Up that really highlights how rough the PC port is:

I really don't get why there seems to be an uptick in really shoddy PC ports of games recently. Not to say they've had a period of always being good, but between this and The Last of Us Part 1 there's been some really notable problems with PC ports this year that I don't feel are usually this bad.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I don't get it either. especially since so many people jumped onto pc during the pandemic. a 4090 is arguably the best graphics card you can get. combined with a 5950x, a top of the line cpu, and there shouldn't be any problem running any game they release. I'm genuinely shocked that one of the highest sweet ups can't hit 60 fps
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I don't get it either. especially since so many people jumped onto pc during the pandemic. a 4090 is arguably the best graphics card you can get. combined with a 5950x, a top of the line cpu, and there shouldn't be any problem running any game they release. I'm genuinely shocked that one of the highest sweet ups can't hit 60 fps
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well it looks like the performance issues for the PC version of the game are really biting it in the arse because reviews for this game on Steam are mostly negative right now. I don't really like review bombing which I expect some of the reviews are (especially since I doubt many people have actually beaten the game yet) but at the same time don't go selling stuff that doesn't run properly at launch.

EDIT: Man I am glad I didn't waste my money on this game. I've been watching it here and there on Twitch and so many parts I've seen look awful, and the final boss looks like the game wanted to rip-off Sekiro's Sword Saint Isshin boss but didn't understand any of it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well it looks like the performance issues for the PC version of the game are really biting it in the arse because reviews for this game on Steam are mostly negative right now. I don't really like review bombing which I expect some of the reviews are (especially since I doubt many people have actually beaten the game yet) but at the same time don't go selling stuff that doesn't run properly at launch.

EDIT: Man I am glad I didn't waste my money on this game. I've been watching it here and there on Twitch and so many parts I've seen look awful, and the final boss looks like the game wanted to rip-off Sekiro's Sword Saint Isshin boss but didn't understand any of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,445 6 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,891 Yesterday, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,525 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,753 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,739 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM