Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I haven't seen much gameplay but I did See Digital Foundry's video on the pc release and wow. That's embarrassing. It's like the game went through no Q&A at all. No testing whatsoever. Fan immediately saw these problems. I'm pretty sure they rushed the release to be in time with May 4th but this is just not okay in any form.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I haven't seen much gameplay but I did See Digital Foundry's video on the pc release and wow. That's embarrassing. It's like the game went through no Q&A at all. No testing whatsoever. Fan immediately saw these problems. I'm pretty sure they rushed the release to be in time with May 4th but this is just not okay in any form.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 1st, 2023, 01:02 PM)Monocle Wrote:
It's weird that if they wanted to meet a May 4th release date, they could've just pushed the game back by a week to get these patches ready beforehand and still meet the date. Unsure

Respawn did just announce a patch has gone live for PC, with the PS5/XSX versions getting their patches tomorrow:

Doesn't really seem to go into enough detail to know how much better the game will run overall and I at first thought it was odd how the PC version has less fixes than the console ones, but I didn't see at first the message at the bottom saying the console fixes have already been applied to the PC version.

A big issue I saw yesterday was the final boss fight has some horrendous tracking on it to the point it was breaking the game, and it seems overall that tracking on enemy attacks is far too high. I know who I was watching was playing on Jedi Master difficulty so maybe that tracking issue is only in higher difficulties but either way it really needs toning down a notch. I've seen enemies do a full 180 degree turn mid-attack to try and land the hit on a player which is ridiculous. Errm

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 1st, 2023, 01:02 PM)Monocle Wrote:
It's weird that if they wanted to meet a May 4th release date, they could've just pushed the game back by a week to get these patches ready beforehand and still meet the date. Unsure

Respawn did just announce a patch has gone live for PC, with the PS5/XSX versions getting their patches tomorrow:

Doesn't really seem to go into enough detail to know how much better the game will run overall and I at first thought it was odd how the PC version has less fixes than the console ones, but I didn't see at first the message at the bottom saying the console fixes have already been applied to the PC version.

A big issue I saw yesterday was the final boss fight has some horrendous tracking on it to the point it was breaking the game, and it seems overall that tracking on enemy attacks is far too high. I know who I was watching was playing on Jedi Master difficulty so maybe that tracking issue is only in higher difficulties but either way it really needs toning down a notch. I've seen enemies do a full 180 degree turn mid-attack to try and land the hit on a player which is ridiculous. Errm

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
bringing that dark souls energy lmao.

no but fuck that. that's ridiculous. I'm also extremely disappointed that they didn't detail the things they fixed on PC. Saying one thing means nothing to me. I really hope modders implemented DLSS as well like they did with RE4R.

The much bigger changelog for consoles is frustrating. Proves that their focus isn't PC at all
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
bringing that dark souls energy lmao.

no but fuck that. that's ridiculous. I'm also extremely disappointed that they didn't detail the things they fixed on PC. Saying one thing means nothing to me. I really hope modders implemented DLSS as well like they did with RE4R.

The much bigger changelog for consoles is frustrating. Proves that their focus isn't PC at all
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 1st, 2023, 09:13 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I'm guessing you made the same mistake I did, in that the list of fixes for consoles in the tweet I embedded were already pushed onto the PC version and is why they're not listed in the tweet. Wink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 1st, 2023, 09:13 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I'm guessing you made the same mistake I did, in that the list of fixes for consoles in the tweet I embedded were already pushed onto the PC version and is why they're not listed in the tweet. Wink
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
that's a really stupid way to do a changelog.

All version: list
PC: list
Console: list

How complicated is that lmao. this is a shit show even down to them giving information
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
that's a really stupid way to do a changelog.

All version: list
PC: list
Console: list

How complicated is that lmao. this is a shit show even down to them giving information
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the problem is that this isn't a case where these two most recent patches (one for PC, one for console) share things but only one got the list. The console fixes were given to PC in a patch before this one so listing them for PC in that tweet wouldn't make sense because they're not part of that PC patch. Otherwise I would agree with you.

On the subject of patches, I just saw that Digital Foundry tested the newest PC patch and said that while it does improve the game the stuttering issues are still present: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry...023-so-far

Fun fact: I didn't know Digital Foundry are part of Eurogamer. Gasp I always thought they were their own entity and not part of a larger journalism company (maybe owned by a parent, just not grouped in with something else like is the case here). Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the problem is that this isn't a case where these two most recent patches (one for PC, one for console) share things but only one got the list. The console fixes were given to PC in a patch before this one so listing them for PC in that tweet wouldn't make sense because they're not part of that PC patch. Otherwise I would agree with you.

On the subject of patches, I just saw that Digital Foundry tested the newest PC patch and said that while it does improve the game the stuttering issues are still present: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry...023-so-far

Fun fact: I didn't know Digital Foundry are part of Eurogamer. Gasp I always thought they were their own entity and not part of a larger journalism company (maybe owned by a parent, just not grouped in with something else like is the case here). Hmm
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I didn't know either! Honestly isn't that surprising. I absolutely love that website and how in depth their analysis are.

Pretty sure the stuttering issue is from shader compilation and that could easily be fixed by compiling the shaders ahead of time. Many games do it now. The stutters are gone when you redo those same areas a second time. it's such an easy fix and they won't do it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I didn't know either! Honestly isn't that surprising. I absolutely love that website and how in depth their analysis are.

Pretty sure the stuttering issue is from shader compilation and that could easily be fixed by compiling the shaders ahead of time. Many games do it now. The stutters are gone when you redo those same areas a second time. it's such an easy fix and they won't do it
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 3rd, 2023, 12:55 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Not sure if you've heard of it to give an easy answer, but is the compiling ahead of time what The Last of Us Part 1 on PC was supposed to be doing but for some reason was taking up to two hours to actually do it?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 3rd, 2023, 12:55 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Not sure if you've heard of it to give an easy answer, but is the compiling ahead of time what The Last of Us Part 1 on PC was supposed to be doing but for some reason was taking up to two hours to actually do it?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I haven't heard about that port so I'm unsure but it does sound like it's compiling before starting.

I haven't been following up with the pc port but seeing others stream this game... it looks so fun! I still want it. I need it
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I haven't heard about that port so I'm unsure but it does sound like it's compiling before starting.

I haven't been following up with the pc port but seeing others stream this game... it looks so fun! I still want it. I need it
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 17th, 2023, 03:52 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Any rough idea of when you think you'll be getting your hands on a copy? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 17th, 2023, 03:52 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Any rough idea of when you think you'll be getting your hands on a copy? Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface honestly? I have no clue. I've been focusing on other games or. just not playing as often. Might wait for a big sale to buy it in the end. I don't want to support developers who don't utilize any Q&A on their products but still release it because they gotta make sales. I don't make it a habit to buy defective products
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface honestly? I have no clue. I've been focusing on other games or. just not playing as often. Might wait for a big sale to buy it in the end. I don't want to support developers who don't utilize any Q&A on their products but still release it because they gotta make sales. I don't make it a habit to buy defective products
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Yeah, and I doubt it'll be long before this game goes down in price just because third party stuff seems to always go down in price quickly compared to first party titles.
It's been a while since I've seen any patch notes for Survivor so I wonder what state it's in nowadays? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Yeah, and I doubt it'll be long before this game goes down in price just because third party stuff seems to always go down in price quickly compared to first party titles.
It's been a while since I've seen any patch notes for Survivor so I wonder what state it's in nowadays? Hmm
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface it's actually really sad. the hype the game had quickly disappeared when the performance issues were brought to light. I still think what they intended is good but what they presented isn't. might kill any chance for a third game.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface it's actually really sad. the hype the game had quickly disappeared when the performance issues were brought to light. I still think what they intended is good but what they presented isn't. might kill any chance for a third game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know what the sales data is everywhere but Survivor sold better in the UK than Fallen Order did by 30%. If the game did at least that good in other regions then a third game will probably happen, although I think it will have a chance to see sales impacted by the performance issues Survivor had. Fortunately that would be the last game in this trilogy so it having sales issues wouldn't affect the future of Star Wars Jedi, and Respawn as a developer should be safe no matter what due to the success they have with Apex Legends and whatnot.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know what the sales data is everywhere but Survivor sold better in the UK than Fallen Order did by 30%. If the game did at least that good in other regions then a third game will probably happen, although I think it will have a chance to see sales impacted by the performance issues Survivor had. Fortunately that would be the last game in this trilogy so it having sales issues wouldn't affect the future of Star Wars Jedi, and Respawn as a developer should be safe no matter what due to the success they have with Apex Legends and whatnot.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
I... yeah, it's literally what it says on the tin: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-w...00-6516463

Blink Blink Blink

This thing doesn't even run perfectly on current hardware and they're going to seriously try to backport this to last gen consoles? Maybe the PC version won't end up being the worst one after all. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
I... yeah, it's literally what it says on the tin: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-w...00-6516463

Blink Blink Blink

This thing doesn't even run perfectly on current hardware and they're going to seriously try to backport this to last gen consoles? Maybe the PC version won't end up being the worst one after all. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,884 9 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,521 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,741 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 20 1,433 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:42 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,726 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM