Star Wars Jedi (Series)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: November 15th, 2019

A new third-person action-adventure Star Wars™ title from the makers of Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment.

Feel the Force
Hone lightsaber combat forms to refine striking, blocking, and dodging your enemies. Use your Jedi weapon and the Force to take on any challenge.

A New Star Wars Story
As one of the last Jedi, you must do whatever it takes to survive. Complete your training before the Inquisitors discover your plan to rebuild the Jedi Order.

The Galaxy Awaits
Explore ancient forests, windswept cliffs, and haunted jungles as you decide when and where you want to go next.

Hands-on Demo at EA Play

See this extended first-look at what the developers' claim to be a small segment of the game!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: November 15th, 2019

A new third-person action-adventure Star Wars™ title from the makers of Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment.

Feel the Force
Hone lightsaber combat forms to refine striking, blocking, and dodging your enemies. Use your Jedi weapon and the Force to take on any challenge.

A New Star Wars Story
As one of the last Jedi, you must do whatever it takes to survive. Complete your training before the Inquisitors discover your plan to rebuild the Jedi Order.

The Galaxy Awaits
Explore ancient forests, windswept cliffs, and haunted jungles as you decide when and where you want to go next.

Hands-on Demo at EA Play

See this extended first-look at what the developers' claim to be a small segment of the game!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Alot of youtube gamers are comparing this to Uncharted, just with a lightsaber & force powers. xD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Alot of youtube gamers are comparing this to Uncharted, just with a lightsaber & force powers. xD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 10th, 2019, 02:27 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
After starting this last night, I agree that it feels very inspired by Uncharted in regards to its traversal and set pieces. I'd also say it has similarities to FromSoftware games too, such as the resting at "campfires" to restore your health and consumables while also respawning enemies, and combat involving dodges and parries. I was not expecting the game to be as open as it is either; I thought it was just going to be this linear action-adventure game.

I've only done the opening and Bogano so far, and despite it having a lot of similarities to other games I've played I'm still really enjoying it. BD-1 is my favourite character and I can see it staying that way, and if anything happens to it I'd use dark force powers to exact my revenge if I had to. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 10th, 2019, 02:27 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
After starting this last night, I agree that it feels very inspired by Uncharted in regards to its traversal and set pieces. I'd also say it has similarities to FromSoftware games too, such as the resting at "campfires" to restore your health and consumables while also respawning enemies, and combat involving dodges and parries. I was not expecting the game to be as open as it is either; I thought it was just going to be this linear action-adventure game.

I've only done the opening and Bogano so far, and despite it having a lot of similarities to other games I've played I'm still really enjoying it. BD-1 is my favourite character and I can see it staying that way, and if anything happens to it I'd use dark force powers to exact my revenge if I had to. Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I actually thought the combat would be more Nemesis-style (i.e. Batman Arkham series, Mordor, Spiderman, etc). It's interesting how they make the combat work within all the realms of the Star Wars lore.

It's looking pretty good so far. Wondering if it performs better on other higher-powered platforms. We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I actually thought the combat would be more Nemesis-style (i.e. Batman Arkham series, Mordor, Spiderman, etc). It's interesting how they make the combat work within all the realms of the Star Wars lore.

It's looking pretty good so far. Wondering if it performs better on other higher-powered platforms. We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 18th, 2020, 01:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
That crash was so weird. The game didn't actually crash, but the sound cut out and an error screen appeared as if the game had crashed, but instead it seems just the audio died for a moment. The worst thing for me performance wise though is the loading. Dying really only resets your character and respawns enemies, yet for some reason can take a long time to load even if you died right by the respawn point. Also, using any of the PS4 UI overlayed on the game by holding the PS button is so slow that I can never tell if my inputs are being registered or not.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 18th, 2020, 01:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
That crash was so weird. The game didn't actually crash, but the sound cut out and an error screen appeared as if the game had crashed, but instead it seems just the audio died for a moment. The worst thing for me performance wise though is the loading. Dying really only resets your character and respawns enemies, yet for some reason can take a long time to load even if you died right by the respawn point. Also, using any of the PS4 UI overlayed on the game by holding the PS button is so slow that I can never tell if my inputs are being registered or not.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
So I'm not a STAR WARS fan at all. I mean, I've watched a few of the movies here and there. I've even played a few of the games on 360. But this game looked intriguing when it first came out and it's been on my to buy list for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger.

My question (for anyone who would like to answer) is the game any good for someone who's not a big fan of the series? Meaning can I have fun playing something like this with just the games story alone and not being a SW fan?
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
So I'm not a STAR WARS fan at all. I mean, I've watched a few of the movies here and there. I've even played a few of the games on 360. But this game looked intriguing when it first came out and it's been on my to buy list for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger.

My question (for anyone who would like to answer) is the game any good for someone who's not a big fan of the series? Meaning can I have fun playing something like this with just the games story alone and not being a SW fan?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 1st, 2020, 08:00 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I'm not a huge SW fan and yeah, I enjoyed this a lot. It makes rare references to content outside of itself, and the ones it does make are staples anyone would know like Yoda and Vader.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 1st, 2020, 08:00 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I'm not a huge SW fan and yeah, I enjoyed this a lot. It makes rare references to content outside of itself, and the ones it does make are staples anyone would know like Yoda and Vader.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Officially Announced
Five years have passed since the events of Fallen Order, Cal Cestis returns in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, set to be released in 2023.

Can't say much since this was just a reveal trailer that isn't showing any actual game footage, but I am incredibly excited for this! I loved Fallen Order and all I want is more of that but with some of the gameplay issues ironed out. It'll be sick if we get to keep the customization of our saber from FO since I loved the journey of getting to make the saber your own in that game and it'd be a shame if what you do to it can't carry over to this game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Officially Announced
Five years have passed since the events of Fallen Order, Cal Cestis returns in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, set to be released in 2023.

Can't say much since this was just a reveal trailer that isn't showing any actual game footage, but I am incredibly excited for this! I loved Fallen Order and all I want is more of that but with some of the gameplay issues ironed out. It'll be sick if we get to keep the customization of our saber from FO since I loved the journey of getting to make the saber your own in that game and it'd be a shame if what you do to it can't carry over to this game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My first thought was "IT'S SEPHIROTH Wow " ROFL

Definitely think this will be even better than the first entry. Even Titanfall was like that for Respawn. Can't wait to see it!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My first thought was "IT'S SEPHIROTH Wow " ROFL

Definitely think this will be even better than the first entry. Even Titanfall was like that for Respawn. Can't wait to see it!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen people wondering if the game will have any crossover with the Obi-Wan TV series because both of them will be taking place in the same year, which is ten years after the Jedi purge....thing (not a Star Wars buff, don't judge me). I don't have feelings on it really but I would expect Cal to cameo in Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan shows up in this game, since Fallen Order was released in 2019 and sequel ideas were probably already being planned, whilst Obi-Wan didn't get its final writing in place until 2020 due to a need for a complete rewrite.

Given the rather soon release date I'm hoping we get gameplay during NotE3. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen people wondering if the game will have any crossover with the Obi-Wan TV series because both of them will be taking place in the same year, which is ten years after the Jedi purge....thing (not a Star Wars buff, don't judge me). I don't have feelings on it really but I would expect Cal to cameo in Obi-Wan before Obi-Wan shows up in this game, since Fallen Order was released in 2019 and sequel ideas were probably already being planned, whilst Obi-Wan didn't get its final writing in place until 2020 due to a need for a complete rewrite.

Given the rather soon release date I'm hoping we get gameplay during NotE3. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Launches March 16, 2023
An accidental update to the Steam page for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has revealed the games release date will be March 16, 2023, as well as details about the game itself and its special editions: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/star-war...ch-16-2023

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Launches March 16, 2023
An accidental update to the Steam page for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has revealed the games release date will be March 16, 2023, as well as details about the game itself and its special editions: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/star-war...ch-16-2023
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | TGA 2022 Trailer
A new trailer shown at The Game Awards 2022 has given us our first true look at Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, in which Cal Kestis has come into his own and grown into a powerful Jedi Knight. Carrying the memories and expectations of the Jedi Order with him, his crusade against the Empire has only become more perilous.

The trailer also revealed new Force abilities, and new lightsaber customization options such as the crossguard (like Kylo Ren's lightsaber in the movies has) will open up more fighting styles to use against your enemies.

Contrary to what the accidental Steam page update that happened five days ago told us, the release date for the game will actually be March 17, 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor | TGA 2022 Trailer
A new trailer shown at The Game Awards 2022 has given us our first true look at Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, in which Cal Kestis has come into his own and grown into a powerful Jedi Knight. Carrying the memories and expectations of the Jedi Order with him, his crusade against the Empire has only become more perilous.

The trailer also revealed new Force abilities, and new lightsaber customization options such as the crossguard (like Kylo Ren's lightsaber in the movies has) will open up more fighting styles to use against your enemies.

Contrary to what the accidental Steam page update that happened five days ago told us, the release date for the game will actually be March 17, 2023 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I didn't realize how soon this will be out. Kind of excited to see it! Fallen Order was pretty cool.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I didn't realize how soon this will be out. Kind of excited to see it! Fallen Order was pretty cool.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Delayed to April 28
Thanks to @ShiraNoMai jinxing it by saying how soon this game is coming out, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has been delayed by six weeks and will now be releasing on April 28:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Delayed to April 28
Thanks to @ShiraNoMai jinxing it by saying how soon this game is coming out, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor has been delayed by six weeks and will now be releasing on April 28:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Heck Nooo

Ah well. The original game had quite a few bugs in it so doing the clean up to make sure the release is smooth and perhaps not even need the infamous "Day One Patch" is a good thing. The only thing is it's releasing so close to Tears of the Kingdom. Hope it doesn't get overshadowed.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Heck Nooo

Ah well. The original game had quite a few bugs in it so doing the clean up to make sure the release is smooth and perhaps not even need the infamous "Day One Patch" is a good thing. The only thing is it's releasing so close to Tears of the Kingdom. Hope it doesn't get overshadowed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,949 Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 26,013 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,457 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,274 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,856 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface